Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

Did you have fun in this game?

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:36 AM Edited by vosszaa, 23 September 2013 - 06:37 AM.

Sorry for bugging you, but I really want to understand this fully and make it work, I really want that money :p

So before I do any type of mission:

1. Check all the green stocks and write down their values. Save the game.

2. Do the mission.

3. Check the stocks again and see which ones raised.

4. Load the previous save and invest everything I have (will all 3 characters) in the cheap stocks which raised that would give me the most shares.

5. Do the same mission again.

6. Go to safehouse, sleep and create a new save game. If the stock rises again, sleep and save again, if it falls, reload the previous save game and take out all the profit.

Is this right?

Spot on ;)

Also, maybe you could predict roughly how much money I could make using your method.

Have done:

36 / 69 main missions.

19 / 58 strangers and freaks.

Hotel and multi assassination missions (before I knew to save them till the end, bummer), but I still have 3 left which now I do know to save until I finish the main storyline and then do for max profit with investing..

Michael has around 1.1 million 

Franklin around 500k

Trevor around 100k (made a mistake and bought the hangar in the desert before I knew better)

I really don't want to restart and do the game from scratch, but I still want to have enough to buy the properties after I'm done with the storyline..

On the last heist, if you can make at least $35 millions of your cut by using the chepest crew member and if you did really well on fighting with mercs(clear mercs fast) while loading the gold then you should exceed $200M easily with the rest of Lester Missions just make sure you dump every single dollar on it. But if you are not lucky then forget about the golf course. It's not worth it. Buy TenCent Theatre for $20M and get $240k per week income is way better.

Did you have fun in this game?

Oh yeah I sure do.

De_Regelaar
  • De_Regelaar

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

oke, thx for the tips

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

thanks for telling us, but I won't sit in front of my tv with paper and pencil all the time while playing a game. 

Liam2349
  • Liam2349

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:05 AM

I just have to clear something up for you guys.

It's not about getting stocks with a low value, it's not about more shares > stock value...

What you really mean to say, which perhaps you don't know how to explain, is that it's about which stock increases by the greatest percentage.

EdenB
  • EdenB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

So , u mean I need to save , do the mission , and check which one is the most profitable ? How do u get 1 billion from doing those ?

vyvexthorne
  • vyvexthorne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

The problem with any of these stock market thingies is that they show you how to have billions by the end of the game.. What's the fun in that? I want to have billions during actual game play. When there are still stories and things for my characters to do.  Since you won't be able to transfer these monies to the online character, in game end game money isn't all that important.

I'm also betting online stock market will be quite chaotic if every player's actions can affect stocks... People will be teaming up to try to corner the market on something and others will then team up to try to undo that. It'll be interesting to see.

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:19 AM Edited by vosszaa, 23 September 2013 - 11:20 AM.

Since you won't be able to transfer these monies to the online character, in game end game money isn't all that important.

Whatever money you earn in single player are to be used online. There is no separation

I'm also betting online stock market will be quite chaotic if every player's actions can affect stocks... People will be teaming up to try to corner the market on something and others will then team up to try to undo that. It'll be interesting to see.

It will be just like the real stocks market

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:20 AM

mine are updating every 30 seconds now.  I dont recall downloading any updates, maybe it was glitched the other day, cause they only moved when i did missions then. very odd.

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:31 AM

mine are updating every 30 seconds now.

As intended, as always

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

I just have to clear something up for you guys.

It's not about getting stocks with a low value, it's not about more shares > stock value...

What you really mean to say, which perhaps you don't know how to explain, is that it's about which stock increases by the greatest percentage.

Yeah, great tip, I finally understand what stocks to buy.. Basically buy the one that is cheapest in price but has the biggest percentage..

Btw, as someone mentioned before, the stocks are updating now while just roaming around, so now what really is the point of doing all those steps?

I bought RIM stocks, which were at about 26 dollars price and 40+%, got like 20k profit while investing 1.1 million with Michael. I did save, before going to bed, sleeping and creating a save to see how the stocks would do, which they dropped, so I reloaded the previous save and took them out..

vyvexthorne
  • vyvexthorne

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:21 PM

Since you won't be able to transfer these monies to the online character, in game end game money isn't all that important.

Whatever money you earn in single player are to be used online. There is no separation

How is that possible when online play will be with a custom character that you create? You'll use that character, who will take up the fourth character slot, to play online with and as far as I know you can't give characters money from other characters.

Ballistic_BG
  • Ballistic_BG

Con Artist

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:27 PM

Anyone know how to crash Worldwide FM stocks?
I just purchased Radio Los Santos stocks at -90% about $12 per stock, I know they have been up to about $60 and was hoping there was a way to crush the competitor (Worldwide FM).

Are their trucks or can I attack the station?
I already did the story and did not do anything with the stocks until now. So I could use more money.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

Anyone know how to crash Worldwide FM stocks?
I just purchased Radio Los Santos stocks at -90% about $12 per stock, I know they have been up to about $60 and was hoping there was a way to crush the competitor (Worldwide FM).

Are their trucks or can I attack the station?
I already did the story and did not do anything with the stocks until now. So I could use more money.

listening to los santos seems to make it go up. unless its just a coincidence, I havent been doing it for long.

I got a question too, i dont quite understand this stock market.  My portfolio page says the stock is going down and im losing money but the markets page says its going up.  why dont they match? anyone else have that problem?

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:19 PM

Either the stocks are completely bugged or the stock market is totally random now..

I did the mission "Eye in the Sky" four times, I double checked the stocks. Found that after the mission there would be a 6.89% raise with BUL, I write down that after I'm done with the mission BUL will have 20.63%, I do reload previous save, do the mission and bull has 13.47%

And I did the same thing couple of times, WTF.

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:09 PM

Did the same mission again just to triple check. 

Before the mission, I wrote down all the stock percentages and values. Did the mission, checked the stocks on the phone and nothing was changed! Every stock had the same percentage and value like before the mission..

This is really bugged or random now, I don't understand..

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

Mine did that before too, restart fixed it so they move again but then my game messed up and my portfolio page said they were going down and the markets page said they were going up, i restarted and it fixed it for 10 minutes or so, i think my save file might be corrupt.  

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

Mine did that before too, restart fixed it so they move again but then my game messed up and my portfolio page said they were going down and the markets page said they were going up, i restarted and it fixed it for 10 minutes or so, i think my save file might be corrupt.  

Yeah also the same issue with portfolio saying the stocks are going down while the market says it's going up..

I'm going to try this again, I'll restart the game, make a different save and see where it goes..

But honestly, the more I try to get into this tactic, the more I'm baffled how OP managed to get those billions.. This takes forever, it's bugged as hell and the profits are at best in the thousands and not millions..

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

This happens to me with many stocks too. The price indicated at the end (right side) of the graph doesn't correspond with the value of the stocks. I bought the lifeinvader stocks at the very beginning of the game, thinking they would drop and then rise again. I only invested a few thousand so I just kept them throughout the game. The graph shows fluctuations in the value, but those fluctuations never actually happened.

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

These are stocks that has really low value early but will worth millions in the end

1. AuguryInsurance

2. One of these fastfood franchise CluckinBell, TacoBomb, BurgerShot, Up-n-Atom (Invest in the lowest value)

3. MazeBank (The fall of Deposit Union make this stock untouchable)

4. Bilkinton (This stock net me $52m in the end)

5. FlyUS

How do you know when to invest in those? How long do I keep the money invested in them?

"Bilkinton (This stock net me $52m in the end)" What do you mean by "in the end", when did you invest in it? How much did you invest it in, how long did you keep the money invested?

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

Just a quick question....  Did save with quick save on your phone or a bed save at a safe house. 

This does make sense to me that all the stock movements are scripted....  Surely a guide will be generated at some point. 

And people wondering about the huge amounts...  Power of compounding. 

Example $130,000 started......  7% return 100 times will net you $105,423,478.

Just ran numbers on a spread sheet. 

Wish i had time to do this (test and create guide). 

Spuds

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

Re: Hidden Packages

Instead of wasting all that time going all over the map to get the hidden packages why not just exploit one of the respawning underwater breifcases that nets you 9-12k in the time it takes to switch characters over and over again?

1. I don't like to abuse the glitch

2. Collects all hidden packages go towards 100% completion(unless you dont care)

3. While traveling around you will encounter heaps of random events(including the kid with stolen bike) and Armored Truck

Well lucky for me I have no problem with exploiting the glitch. I figure if it's in the game and doesn't require a cheat it's fair game. I started a new game and used your tip about the boat with the scuba gear and got both Michael and Franklin in position and in about an hour racked up $4 million for each of them. I've only just completed the Jewel Heist so I don't know how much return I am going to get on the combied $8 million bucks I racked up.

And as per your advice I'm still going to wait until I've completed the main story and then do the assassination missions so I can invest each player's $30+ million bucks in the stock market and see just how much of a return I can.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:28 PM

This happens to me with many stocks too. The price indicated at the end (right side) of the graph doesn't correspond with the value of the stocks. I bought the lifeinvader stocks at the very beginning of the game, thinking they would drop and then rise again. I only invested a few thousand so I just kept them throughout the game. The graph shows fluctuations in the value, but those fluctuations never actually happened.

ok, yea i noticed the graph is never accurate, and it doesnt even say what stock the graph is for on the markets page, lol. i was just making sure it wasnt a problem on my end because I had a ton of funking things happen.  i could jack cars without getting stars, the cops were always chasing and ramming the car behind me, my garage door quit opening, my stocks never changed price.  i restarted the console and it fixed it all for a bit then the stocks went wonky again.

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

If you want to make $1b + for each character easily, this is how I did it:

When Lester starts letting Franklin do assassinations...do the FIRST ONE ONLY (also using the following method). I think it's needed to progress the story. Don't do any more of them until you finish the story. I ended up with about $26m per character after the main story.

Go to the L icon as Franklin. SAVE THE GAME before triggering the mission. Listen carefully to what Lester says. He'll tell you what company to invest in. Reload your save. Invest your money in the company with EACH character. Switch to Franklin again then trigger the mission. Once you've finished try saving a few times until the stock peaks. Sell all your shares.

There are a total of 5 assassinations. The only one I couldn't get working was the Vapid one because you need to wait until after the mission before buying shares instead of buying before the mission. The price was low but it never went back up. 

I went from ~$26m per character to ~$1.1b per character. so i made a profit of ~$1.07b using the stock market.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Big Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

ok, yea i noticed the graph is never accurate, and it doesnt even say what stock the graph is for on the markets page, lol. i was just making sure it wasnt a problem on my end because I had a ton of funking things happen.  i could jack cars without getting stars, the cops were always chasing and ramming the car behind me, my garage door quit opening, my stocks never changed price.  i restarted the console and it fixed it all for a bit then the stocks went wonky again.

I assumed the graph on the markets page is for the overall market, i.e. the average changes. I guess that could be useful if you have a very diversified portfolio.

tnz1992
  • tnz1992

Rat

• Members
  • Lithuania

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

So.. If I have finished all missions before doing any stock thingies, I am screwed?
I have like 22million but I have completed the missions.

Hordriss
  • Hordriss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

Whilst I would like to make billions, it seems like a huge amount of work.  And playing a mission, and reloading and doing it again would just utterly ruin the flow of the game.

Thanks for the tips though,

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

If you want to make $1b + for each character easily, this is how I did it:

When Lester starts letting Franklin do assassinations...do the FIRST ONE ONLY (also using the following method). I think it's needed to progress the story. Don't do any more of them until you finish the story. I ended up with about $26m per character after the main story.

Go to the L icon as Franklin. SAVE THE GAME before triggering the mission. Listen carefully to what Lester says. He'll tell you what company to invest in. Reload your save. Invest your money in the company with EACH character. Switch to Franklin again then trigger the mission. Once you've finished try saving a few times until the stock peaks. Sell all your shares.

There are a total of 5 assassinations. The only one I couldn't get working was the Vapid one because you need to wait until after the mission before buying shares instead of buying before the mission. The price was low but it never went back up. 

I went from ~$26m per character to ~$1.1b per character. so i made a profit of ~$1.07b using the stock market.

Do you know how much I would be able to make if I only have 3 of the assassination missions left? I'm 50% into the story and I've already done the hotel and multi assassination missions..

Spuds725
  • Spuds725

Party Animal

• United-States
  • Contribution Award [GTAF]

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:53 PM Edited by Spuds725, 23 September 2013 - 09:56 PM.

Just noticed something you might find interesting.

Look at the OP photo of transactions... the last stock purchase amount looked familiar so I checked (this goes back to an old vice city thread).....

The amount is $2,147,483,647

Now--- the number $2 raised to the 31st power (2^31) is exactly $2,147,483,648 ($1 more then the amount above)

Apparently-- this is a numerical limit for the game-- ( you can't earn anything more then this)--- I find it too much of a coincidence to be anything else....

I stumbled across this when doing the cone crazy doubling glitch on the original PS2 version of vice city....

See this post here from about 9 years ago.... http://gtaforums.com...king/?p=1557726

Anyway--- thought you might find this interesting-- I'd be surprised if the amount goes above this.

(the money limit on VC was $999,999,999-- however the money you earned from the doubling trick was very related to the 2^31 power--- if anyone is is interested in this I can explain further in the VC section-- just post to the above thread)

Yes I'm a math nerd.

Spuds

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Mark Chump

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:28 PM

I'm sorry but I do not get at all where you're going with this..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users