» «
Photo

Play Stocks Market like a pro

98 replies to this topic
vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:46 AM Edited by vosszaa, 23 September 2013 - 06:41 AM.

Okay.. I've completed the story 4 times so I can test my theory and it's proven true so I'll share what I know and what I did and did not do here.

zysuY8q.jpg

This is how rich I am after "The Big Score" and Lester missions, and this is the core rules you need to remember..

1. Have Pen and Paper at all time. Without this, you're getting nowhere.

2. Patient. Can you handle Save and Re-Load 100 of times? If not, don't read any further.

3. DO NOT do any Lester's assasaination except the "Hotel" mission(compulsary) until you have complete the main story line "The Third Way"

..and the most important rule of all!!!

Every LCN Stocks move according to the story mission and events including "?" Strangers/Freaks event so what this mean is you need to save BEFORE you do anything!

- Write down the initial value before engage in event/mission

- After complete the event/mission, check and compare and find the most profitable stock

- Re-load the save and dump everything you have on it

- Go ahead and start the event/mission. Complete it and sell that said stock for profit

I did this for every event/mission from start til the end before engaging in Lester's mission and I have about $462 Million as you can see.

At the beginning the profit margin is very little but remember, "Patient" is the key.

- Save and reload if you not satisfy with the margin.

- Use all 15 save slots and write down which is which for easy to navigate and re-load

Key moments

1. Collect all 12 Hidden Packages ($130k) as soon as you can or just using the glitch switch if you want to cheat. Youtube video guide below (not me by the way)

2. Invest some of your budget to "Vangelico" after the first "Jewel Heist" It will rise back up to around 70%-75% some time later then sell it

3. Upon complete "Nervous Ron" mission DO NOT buy "McKenzie Field Hanger" Keep your money!

4. While roaming around, DO NOT skip any random events. Rich kid with the bike stolen will net you $100k for free. Sell it straight away, it won't go up any further.

5. Completing "The Ballad Of Rocco" mission will make you a Producer. Invest in "RickardsMajestic" BUT! Sell it right BEFORE the "Melt Down" mission

These are stocks that has really low value early but will worth millions in the end

1. AuguryInsurance

2. One of these fastfood franchise CluckinBell, TacoBomb, BurgerShot, Up-n-Atom (Invest in the lowest value)

3. MazeBank (The fall of Deposit Union make this stock untouchable)

4. Bilkinton (This stock net me $52m in the end)

5. FlyUS

Note* I do not recommend blowing up rival company expecting your stock would rise because it's very unreliable and in fact I never did any of that

Note* BAWSAQ will work once GTAO is launched. Right now BAWSAQ is scripted. All the number you see is placebo

Note* For people who can't be bother reloading the save for whatever reason, just keep Lester Missions after you complete the main story and you should make millions as well. Put it in perspective, you should have at least $45 - $50 millions after the last heist before doing Lester Missions

That's it! I hope this will help you guys achieve the BIllionaire status ;)

• John The Grudge and herman925 like this

scrublord
  • scrublord

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:50 AM

So the stock market is just predetermined values that fluctuate a bit? Lame.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:22 AM

So the stock market is just predetermined values that fluctuate a bit? Lame.

What else did you expect? Lol that's basically what it is in real life most stocks only fluctuate. A little bit and stay relatively steady. Very rarely do you see a stock suddenly surge in value or vice versa unless something goes drastically wrong.

SprunkJunkie
  • SprunkJunkie

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

I keep my money in maze bank stock to avoid paying 5k to hospitals, take it to buy stuff then put it right back in. 

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

So basically the stocks stay the same while you free roam, their values just fluctuate a bit. But as you do missions, the value that they fluctuate around changes? So its missions that change the average that they fluctuate around? That's interesting to know.

I didn't read too much of your first post because I kinda wanna do it without reloading, it breaks the immersion of the game. Im guessing there must be hints in the game that say which direction the stocks move as you do missions though, is it worth reading the news on the internet?

Darkwin
  • Darkwin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:07 AM

Wow so you mean to tell me even the Stock Market is scripted? But wait, I read that what you do in the game affects the stock market values, is that true? So if i blew up a few Burger Shots or robbed a few stores there stock would drop?

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:07 AM Edited by vosszaa, 22 September 2013 - 04:10 AM.

Im guessing there must be hints in the game that say which direction the stocks move as you do missions though, is it worth reading the news on the internet?

Unfortunately there is no hint given apart from Lester missions that's why reload the save have to come into play.

Wow so you mean to tell me even the Stock Market is scripted? But wait, I read that what you do in the game affects the stock market values, is that true? So if i blew up a few Burger Shots or robbed a few stores there stock would drop?

It is scripted in a random way. I mean, after complete a mission, for me, BurgerShot might rise but for you, BeanMachine might rise, for example.

About blowing up competetor, tbh, I didn't do any of that. It's too unreliable. It was my first theory to test and it didnt work out so well anyway.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:09 AM

Alright, one more thing, how good a guide is the high and low stats on the stocks? Say a stock is low at 50, high at 90, and you see it is on 54. If it is the start of the game, then surely it will eventually go up into the 80s at some point of the game, or are those figures just bs?

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:23 AM Edited by vosszaa, 22 September 2013 - 04:24 AM.

Alright, one more thing, how good a guide is the high and low stats on the stocks? Say a stock is low at 50, high at 90, and you see it is on 54. If it is the start of the game, then surely it will eventually go up into the 80s at some point of the game, or are those figures just bs?

It's all depend. If you want it to get very close to the ceiling then you wait. But in my experience, they are barely even close. If I can net maybe just 7% or 8% I normally bail already. Stocks will never get close to ceiling unless it is scripted on a mission.

But like I said, I use the safer method by abusing save and reload. It's tedious but the money is guaranteed ;)

Bronesia
  • Bronesia

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

This topic should be kept alive. Shameless bump. It takes time, but it works.

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Ok, I'm half way into the game. 

I checked the stocks, AUG (insurance) was at 318.6 value. I did the first Solomon mission, return percentage dropped 0.04, profit was 461.37..

How in hell did you make billions?! Either I'm doing it wrong or I'm totally stupid and don't get the stocks or this is just random..

rjhsteel2001
  • rjhsteel2001

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:02 AM

"These are stocks that has really low value early but will worth millions in the end

1. AuguryInsurance
2. One of these fastfood franchise CluckinBell, TacoBomb, BurgerShot, Up-n-Atom (Invest in the lowest value)
3. MazeBank (The fall of Deposit Union make this stock untouchable)
4. Bilkinton (This stock net me $52m in the end)
5. FlyUS"

How did you manage to invest in these and the other shares at the same time?

Didn't you just invest in the heist and Lester missions for maximum profit?

dannyy8686
  • dannyy8686

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

sigh whats the point?, saveing and  re loading is lame. they should all be random.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by lazedout, 23 September 2013 - 01:10 AM.

Sounds like a lot of work for a video game. Try putting this much effort into real trading lol. 

Wouldn't really call it trading like a pro. Its a form of cheating essentially. 

Absolem
  • Absolem

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

Cheating, trading, tomato, tomahto. It's like trading with insider information with no repercussions.

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

How did you manage to invest in these and the other shares at the same time?

Didn't you just invest in the heist and Lester missions for maximum profit?

Whenever you have spare money, put them in, little by little

sigh whats the point?, saveing and  re loading is lame. they should all be random.

If only they make it "random"

Sounds like a lot of work for a video game. Try putting this much effort into real trading lol. 

Well, all the effort I put is paid in the end. I didn't ask you to do exactly what I do. I just "share" what I did.

You can call it cheat or whatever you please. If the game allow us to actually influent the market with our own actions then reloading the save tactic(or cheat as you may call) wouldn't have come into play.

cswood
  • cswood

Jack of No Trades

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Re: Hidden Packages

Instead of wasting all that time going all over the map to get the hidden packages why not just exploit one of the respawning underwater breifcases that nets you 9-12k in the time it takes to switch characters over and over again?

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:46 AM

Every LCN Stocks move according to the story mission and events including "?" Strangers/Freaks event so what this mean is you need to save BEFORE you do anything!

- After complete the event/mission, check and compare and find the most profitable stock

- Go ahead and start the event/mission. Complete it and sell that said stock for profit.

I did exactly these steps with the first Solomon mission. Before the mission I checked the stocks, found that AUG (insurance) value was at 318.6, the highest of them all. It was like that before the mission and it was like that after the mission, only minor changes, a few cents. I invested everything I had with Michael in it, did the mission, checked the stocks after it and it's value actually dropped and the only profit I made was 461 dollars.. So this doesn't make sense.

I don't understand how this works.. How long do you need to wait for big money? How exactly do you know in which company to invest and how long to wait before you sell it. Because from trying your steps, all it seemed like those stocks were completely random everytime..

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:59 AM

someone said that there are two related stocks and when one goes down the other goes up, but ive found this to be untrue.  I can blow the crap out of merryweather and groupe sechs still goes down, both the cola and sprunk stocks go down at the same time, as do the two radio station ones.  I think its pretty much just random with a few character missions affecting a couple stocks here and there.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

- Go ahead and start the event/mission. Complete it and sell that said stock for profit.

I did exactly these steps with the first Solomon mission. Before the mission I checked the stocks, found that AUG (insurance) value was at 318.6, the highest of them all. It was like that before the mission and it was like that after the mission, only minor changes, a few cents. I invested everything I had with Michael in it, did the mission, checked the stocks after it and it's value actually dropped and the only profit I made was 461 dollars.. So this doesn't make sense.

I don't understand how this works.. How long do you need to wait for big money? How exactly do you know in which company to invest and how long to wait before you sell it. Because from trying your steps, all it seemed like those stocks were completely random everytime..

it only changes when you do missions or strangers and freaks, i was free roaming for hours and saving and sleeping and they never changed a bit. missions make it update.

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:05 AM

Yeah I did the mission with Solomon. I bought the most expensive stock before the mission, it was green and up, did the mission and it went down and it was red.. So how do you actually make those millions?

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:17 AM Edited by vosszaa, 23 September 2013 - 03:18 AM.

Re: Hidden Packages

Instead of wasting all that time going all over the map to get the hidden packages why not just exploit one of the respawning underwater breifcases that nets you 9-12k in the time it takes to switch characters over and over again?

1. I don't like to abuse the glitch

2. Collects all hidden packages go towards 100% completion(unless you dont care)

3. While traveling around you will encounter heaps of random events(including the kid with stolen bike) and Armored Truck

someone said that there are two related stocks and when one goes down the other goes up, but ive found this to be untrue.  I can blow the crap out of merryweather and groupe sechs still goes down, both the cola and sprunk stocks go down at the same time, as do the two radio station ones.  I think its pretty much just random with a few character missions affecting a couple stocks here and there.

There is no way you can influence the market while in free roam. Not that I say it will never move. It moves, but the result is very unreliable and unpredictable

Yeah I did the mission with Solomon. I bought the most expensive stock before the mission, it was green and up, did the mission and it went down and it was red.. So how do you actually make those millions?

Trial and error. Reload the save and do it again until you get the right one. Also, more share you owns > stock value

For example;

You have $100k

Augury value is $200 so you can only buy 500 shares. It goes up to $202 so you make $1000 in profit

BurgerShot value is $2 so you can only buy 50,000 shares. It goes up to $2.1 but you make $5000 in profit

Higher value stock won't gaurantee big profit. Often you have to look for the cheap one ;)

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:25 AM Edited by sultangris, 23 September 2013 - 03:26 AM.

mine never changed.  even after hours of free roaming, like 3 or 4. with a few saves and sleeps. Granted I didnt write down every stock price but I had invested in a few and the price never changed until i did a mission or strangers and freaks.  I dont remember for sure if random encounters made them change or not but I dont think they did.  The news stories on the internet page never changed either, it seems missions are the only way to advance the stocks so everyone claiming driving around blowing up trucks and killing people affects it are incorrect, unless perhaps you do it on a mission.

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

mine never changed.  even after hours of free roaming, like 3 or 4. with a few saves and sleeps. Granted I didnt write down every stock price but I had invested in a few and the price never changed until i did a mission or strangers and freaks.  I dont remember for sure if random encounters made them change or not but I dont think they did.  The news stories on the internet page never changed either, it seems missions are the only way to advance the stocks so everyone claiming driving around blowing up trucks and killing people affects it are incorrect, unless perhaps you do it on a mission.

Random encounter has no effect in market movement. Missions and Freaks does however.

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:38 AM Edited by ClippedWings, 23 September 2013 - 03:45 AM.

Trial and error. Reload the save and do it again until you get the right one. Also, more share you owns > stock value

For example;

You have $100k

Augury value is $200 so you can only buy 500 shares. It goes up to $202 so you make $1000 in profit

BurgerShot value is $2 so you can only buy 50,000 shares. It goes up to $2.1 but you make $5000 in profit

Higher value stock won't gaurantee big profit. Often you have to look for the cheap one ;)

Does that mean I have to do the same mission like 20 times for example in order to find the right stocks and in the end I get a profit of a few thousand? This would take months to make millions, I still don't get it, sorry..

With Michael I have 1.2 million, I've put everything in AUG that time and the only profit was a measly 400 bucks..

Just reread your last sentence. So I have to buy the cheap ones. But if they still only make profit in the thousands, how did you managed to get billions? 

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:57 AM

For example;

You have $100k

Does that mean I have to do the same mission like 20 times for example in order to find the right stocks and in the end I get a profit of a few thousand? This would take months to make millions, I still don't get it, sorry..

With Michael I have 1.2 million, I've put everything in AUG that time and the only profit was a measly 400 bucks..

Just reread your last sentence. So I have to buy the cheap ones. But if they still only make profit in the thousands, how did you managed to get billions? 

Don't have to do 20 times man. As long as you get profit you bail out. You move on and do the same thing again on the next mission. $5k profit is just an example of $100k investment. Obviously you would get more than that if you invest more.

If $1.2 million net you $400 in profit then you can either reload and invest in a lower value stock one for greater margin or move on.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:59 AM

For example;

You have $100k

Don't have to do 20 times man. As long as you get profit you bail out. You move on and do the same thing again on the next mission. $5k profit is just an example of $100k investment. Obviously you would get more than that if you invest more.

If $1.2 million net you $400 in profit then you can either reload and invest in a lower value stock one for greater margin or move on.

how many missions do you have to do to get it to hit peak high? or do you just do one and then sell as soon as it shows a profit, any profit?

vosszaa
  • vosszaa

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:46 AM Edited by vosszaa, 23 September 2013 - 04:46 AM.

If I see stock is rising I make a save then sleep. If it rise further then save and sleep again. If the next day it start to fall, I reload previous save and bail

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:33 AM

Sorry for bugging you, but I really want to understand this fully and make it work, I really want that money :p

So before I do any type of mission:

1. Check all the green stocks and write down their values. Save the game.

2. Do the mission.

3. Check the stocks again and see which ones raised.

4. Load the previous save and invest everything I have (will all 3 characters) in the cheap stocks which raised that would give me the most shares.

5. Do the same mission again.

6. Go to safehouse, sleep and create a new save game. If the stock rises again, sleep and save again, if it falls, reload the previous save game and take out all the profit.

Is this right?

ClippedWings
  • ClippedWings

Street Cat

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:51 AM

Also, maybe you could predict roughly how much money I could make using your method.

Have done:

36 / 69 main missions.

19 / 58 strangers and freaks.

Hotel and multi assassination missions (before I knew to save them till the end, bummer), but I still have 3 left which now I do know to save until I finish the main storyline and then do for max profit with investing..

Michael has around 1.1 million 

Franklin around 500k

Trevor around 100k (made a mistake and bought the hangar in the desert before I knew better)

I really don't want to restart and do the game from scratch, but I still want to have enough to buy the properties after I'm done with the storyline..

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users