Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is autoaim going to be avaliable online?

67 replies to this topic
vielle
  • vielle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:18 AM

Auto aim takes the fun out of the game and just ruins it. Next it is unfair for people. If you're going to go around shooting everyone you might as well have control of what you are gonna shoot. Auto-aim is just stupid and auto-aim off servers should be default to prevent the amount of noobs.

• C4-_-GIBBfather likes this

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:26 AM

I hope there will be. I HATE aiming with controllers. It always feels like rowing through mud compared to mouse and keyboard.

The only reason I buy Rockstar-Games is because of the Auto-Aimfeature. I would never in a million years buy a game on consoles which requires shooting/aiming.

vielle
  • vielle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:29 AM

I hope there will be. I HATE aiming with controllers. It always feels like rowing through mud compared to mouse and keyboard.

The only reason I buy Rockstar-Games is because of the Auto-Aimfeature. I would never in a million years buy a game on consoles which requires shooting/aiming.

Well I agree with the aiming part I have my own special controllers for aiming. 

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:44 AM

Well I agree with the aiming part I have my own special controllers for aiming. 

Is there an alternative to that stupid stickwiggling on the controller?

God I would love to use a mouse.

SingingTrout85
  • SingingTrout85

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

Due to people shooting at other people (I'm not a fan of fighting other players), I'm HOPING that auto-aim doesn't work on other players, but does on NPCs. That would be preferable.

Then again, it wouldn't matter for the crazy people who are uber good shots. = /

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast and shoot at enemies in gta.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:49 AM

i have no problem with it being enabled since i would likely use it (sorry guys). :cry:

Cavintine
  • Cavintine

Kid's A Hero

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:33 AM

It's possible that it might be similar to Red Dead Redemption in where "Assisted-Aiming" players cannot lock-onto "Free Aim" players. I thought this was a neat and balancing feature.  

• C4-_-GIBBfather likes this

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:26 AM

It's possible that it might be similar to Red Dead Redemption in where "Assisted-Aiming" players cannot lock-onto "Free Aim" players. I thought this was a neat and balancing feature.  

RDR's was a neat idea, but I still think it was flawed, free aim players and "aimbot" players should be on seperate servers, If you are free aim its gonna suck to play with some "nuub" instantly headshotting every enemy within sight.

And even with seperate servers, there should be incentives to use free aim, or else leaderboards will be completly controlled by "aimbotters"

ivarblaauw
  • ivarblaauw

Howling Wolves MC President

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:33 AM

In one word: YES

I honestly think it will work like GTA IV, GTA EFLC, RDR and MP3... why take it away?

if you want to play without autoaim, play the expert modes... :-)

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:34 PM

I hope autoaim isn't in. You can see in GTA4 at how big a disadvantage a car full of people trying to do a driveby is against one person with auto aim.

BUT, if its in, i'll be using it, the most of GTAO is PvE it seems so I don't see why I should make it harder for myself when noone else is.

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

I think you'll be able to create and play deathmatch games with auto-aim off as mandatory.

The free-roam will probably be auto-aim.

IcePwrd
  • IcePwrd

Child of GabeN

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

It better be off. If you can't play it without auto aim, then perhaps GTA isn't the game for you.

I find that a bit harsh, as a PC gamer primarily I am not used to aiming with a controller, I can survive with free aim in single player but would get demolished online

zerrier
  • zerrier

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:29 PM

I bet it is in, and i bet most people will use it. Atleast in GTA V the free aim is super slow and f*cking impossible to use imo..

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:47 PM

I bet it is in, and i bet most people will use it. Atleast in GTA V the free aim is super slow and f*cking impossible to use imo..

No its not? played trough the game two times with free aim with little problems, also had no problems getting gold on at fireing range challenges. (and I havnt touched my xbox in over a year).

That said, its pretty much already confirmed that its in, as trailers features the auto aim, I just hope that free aimers will get theyr own servers, and that they will get a appropriate bonus rp+money from missions so that players that are intrested in leaderboards arnt forced to play "nuubmode".

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

It better be off. If you can't play it without auto aim, then perhaps GTA isn't the game for you.

I find that a bit harsh, as a PC gamer primarily I am not used to aiming with a controller, I can survive with free aim in single player but would get demolished online

I have the same problem. And I honestly cannot imagine how anyone would aim with a stick the way we aim with a mouse. I find it impossible, even in theory.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:08 AM

If it's in, you bet that many people will use it, which in turn will make it so that you will have to use it as well, to be able to compete :D

Switch
  • Switch

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Iraq

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:23 AM

Yes, but free aim is much more fun.

vielle
  • vielle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:29 AM

I highly despise auto-aim and recommend people to get their own unique controllers for aiming. I only use autoaim ever in a game if other players are using it since I am disadvantaged and they are unbeatable if I don't.

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

Yes, but free aim is much more fun.

It takes skill. I wish the entire MP relied on free-aim.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:05 AM Edited by aR2k, 26 September 2013 - 09:06 AM.

I would guess, auto aim works on NPCs but not players.

I have played very few shooters online with consoles, but having auto aim on against other players would just be downright silly wouldnt it? It would take the whole fun away from fighting.

Now, im probably the worst console aimer here, I swear, but id rather suck and get better at it over time, than having auto aim on against other players, or against myself

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

I have played very few shooters online with consoles, but having auto aim on against other players would just be downright silly wouldnt it? It would take the whole fun away from fighting.

Now, im probably the worst console aimer here, I swear, but id rather suck and get better at it over time, than having auto aim on against other players, or against myself

I'm guessing you haven't played a R* Game online. Red Dead Redemption, GTA4, and Max Payne 3 ALL have auto-aim online. There IS an option is play in free-aim rooms, but it seems most of the community plays in auto-aim. I remember it would make me so mad because I would always play in free-aim, but 90% of the community would be in auto-aim servers. 

I remember I got mad and posted about it on a forum and everyone bashed me for being against auto-aim in online. They said if I don't like it, don't play it. They said it helps them online and gives them a reason not to aim. Like really? Sad.

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:27 AM Edited by Munx, 26 September 2013 - 09:28 AM.

I'm guessing you haven't played a R* Game online. Red Dead Redemption, GTA4, and Max Payne 3 ALL have auto-aim online. There IS an option is play in free-aim rooms, but it seems most of the community plays in auto-aim. I remember it would make me so mad because I would always play in free-aim, but 90% of the community would be in auto-aim servers. 

I remember I got mad and posted about it on a forum and everyone bashed me for being against auto-aim in online. They said if I don't like it, don't play it. They said it helps them online and gives them a reason not to aim. Like really? Sad.

Well problem is the incentives were lacking for playing without auto aim. In rdr for example even if you got less xp per kill you would kill so much faster with auto aim ( not to mention the time bonus ) that playing with free aim would be counter productive.

In max payne there was no incentive to play free aim at first, not sure if those 20% added later on per kill made much of a diffrence considering how much easier its to get kills with auto aim.

Personally I feel that "traditional gta" should get 50% less rep/money and "assisted aim" should get 40% less rep/money.

This may sound like alot, but you need to keep in mind that the killing speed with either of these aim modes is EASILY the double of what a free aimer will be able to accomplish. This does not balance it in the favour of free aimer, but it does make free aiming a viable option.

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

Killing people would feel so much more rewarding when you actually aim yourself.

No I have not played any R* games online on console.

With auto aim on, it would basicly mean that if you get the jump on someone you will win the fight.

It means that if you drive by someone they can basicly hit 2 buttons and shoot you out of your vehicle.

I really hope there will be no auto aim, I could live with it in deathmatch where its all closed up and crazy, but even there i would prefer manual.

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:34 AM

Well problem is the incentives were lacking for playing without auto aim. In rdr for example even if you got less xp per kill you would kill so much faster with auto aim ( not to mention the time bonus ) that playing with free aim would be counter productive.

In max payne there was no incentive to play free aim at first, not sure if those 20% added later on per kill made much of a diffrence considering how much easier its to get kills with auto aim.

Personally I feel that "traditional gta" should get 50% less rep/money and "assisted aim" should get 40% less rep/money.

This may sound like alot, but you need to keep in mind that the killing speed with either of these aim modes is EASILY the double of what a free aimer will be able to accomplish. This does not balance it in the favour of free aimer, but it does make free aiming a viable option.

There needs to be a bonus in XP/Money for those who do free-aim. Skilled players need to be rewarded for their talents. If you're making the same amount of XP/Money as noobs using auto-aim, what's the point of even trying in free-aim?

TeCNeEk
  • TeCNeEk

GTA Legend

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:36 AM

Killing people would feel so much more rewarding when you actually aim yourself.

No I have not played any R* games online on console.

With auto aim on, it would basicly mean that if you get the jump on someone you will win the fight.

It means that if you drive by someone they can basicly hit 2 buttons and shoot you out of your vehicle.

I really hope there will be no auto aim, I could live with it in deathmatch where its all closed up and crazy, but even there i would prefer manual.

I've always played free-aim in Rockstar's Online Games. I've been very good at all of their online titles, and hopefully GTA V will be no different. I remember I tried an auto-aim lobby once and it was such a joke. You just take cover and wait for someone to show themselves, then you just shoot. There is no reason to aim. 

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:44 AM Edited by Phyxsius-, 26 September 2013 - 09:46 AM.

I will support free aim when PS3 will give me a mouse. Until then, I will support some form of auto-aim, as the controller is an ATROCIOUS platform to aim with. Nothing against the ones that make it work - kudos to them and the time they had taken to get there, but, for me, the controller is little sh*t compared to the mouse and I am not so keen in learning to use a poorer platform.

[DISCLAIMER] This is not flame, nor a controller vs mouse post. It is my personal opinion on the controller and why I want / need auto-aim.

Edub_1234
  • Edub_1234

All bout dem Subarus

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

Hope that auto-aim is unavailable for Online :D

You're Goddamn Right it should. 

Uvirith
  • Uvirith

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:21 AM Edited by Uvirith, 27 September 2013 - 06:23 AM.

I dont know. Free-Aim with a stick is soooo slow, I wouldnt call it fun.

If you have ever played a Shooter on the PC wth a mouse you know what I mean.

And the fun in fighting in Rockstar-Games was always the usage of cover and landscape. Free-Aim would just ruin that, because then the one who can wobble their little white dot faster in the enemies direction is the one who wins.

I highly despise auto-aim and recommend people to get their own unique controllers for aiming. I only use autoaim ever in a game if other players are using it since I am disadvantaged and they are unbeatable if I don't.

youre the second one talking about "unique controllers". What do you guys mean with that?

aR2k
  • aR2k

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:34 AM

I dont know. Free-Aim with a stick is soooo slow, I wouldnt call it fun.

If you have ever played a Shooter on the PC wth a mouse you know what I mean.

And the fun in fighting in Rockstar-Games was always the usage of cover and landscape. Free-Aim would just ruin that, because then the one who can wobble their little white dot faster in the enemies direction is the one who wins.

youre the second one talking about "unique controllers". What do you guys mean with that?

Ive been one of the highest ranked BF3 recon players in the world, aswell as a professional Counter-Strike Player, so Im well aware of the difference between a mouse and a console stick, and its not even compareable.

However, in a game like this where the main purpose of the game is not shooting eachother, there is allso vehicles, choppers, and PVE, I wouldnt say Auto aim on players is needed.

Im a horrible console aimer, but I did to fairly well back in the day when i played BF1943 on PS3.

Aiming on a console stick is tedious and annoying, but as you do it more you do get better, having auto aim on just takes away the whole challenge of actually hitting someone, you will get shot out of vehicles by impossible shots, people will just find a place downtown and shoot anyone who pass through, totally unrealistic, incredibly annoying and not satisfying at all. If i kill someome, i want to feel like i deserved it, not just press 2 buttons and win

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 September 2013 - 06:56 AM

Hope not. Auto aim takes no skill and is for lazy people. I use free aim in sp too

'Oh, shove off. Damn elite gamers. 

Autoaim is still challenging in all reality. Brings a bit more challenge when two auto aimers are facing eachother. It's so easy for them, it becomes hard in a shoot off. That's when you really have to use the surronding. 

In free aim, you could count on someone on being a bad shot. Autoaim? No, they're going to be good. So you need to be better at timing, and knowing the surrondings. Even then, people in the autoaim servers just run right into you anyway. Making easy targets. 

I wouldnt pay him much attention tbh. I have never been beaten in AA 1 vs 1s, on GTA since i played it hardcore in 08, and its not because it takes an huge amount of skill, its just a different skill. Its all reaction based and knowing your opponent, and the only people who say autoaim takes no skill, are the ones who have reactions of a tortoise and i continuously dropped for years. 

We all know that most of the people who get beasted at Autoaim, and then suddenly become godly at disallow are Frag control users/turbo users, in which case you have no right to claim you have any skill, because if you cant rock a lobby on a dualshock, then console gaming isnt for you and you need to F off. 

All in all, whether its autoaim or disallow the huge new influx of CoD noobs coming to our game better understand that the real GTA 4 vets are going to absolutely dominate this game, they know all the tricks, probably have all the frags ready to bust out and you can be damn sure that all the pilots are getting those controls mastered. I was always a beast at all 3, but disallow certainly was the weaker of my game, purely because i always got invited to lobbies with frag users.

I just really f*cking hope that guided rockets are disabled for the buzzard online... free aim rockets is fine, but guided rockets will just ruin 1 vs 1 dogfighting, an element which took quite an amount of skill to master in the 08 days. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users