Photo

GTA V Ending Discussion

111 replies to this topic
grandtheftairplane
  • grandtheftairplane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

While I chose option C, there definitely should have been some kind of consequence for it. For the people who really wanted to kill Michael or Trevor, obviously those missions didn't have consequences either, but option C was never truly a bad option. My suggestion would be that the gold from the big one would be lost in option C. That seems to be referred to by Lester in his cutscene. That at least would have made the options more balanced.

I thought I'd lose Franklin with option C, and I thought I'd get more money for the other characters if someone got killed

El Tel
  • El Tel

It's just a ride.

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:27 PM

The ending was the biggest disappointment for me. I don't mind having multiple endings, but having a plain A, B or C choice is pretty weak as far as I'm concerned. I'd much rather the ending be determined by my choices in the game.

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:02 PM Edited by zainzombie, 30 September 2013 - 09:03 PM.

Option C was very clearly explained by that assclown Devin. 

I like the three options. There are people who hate Michael or Trevor because both of them are strong personalities that you either love or hate. Franklin was always a nice guy.

There was no chance in hell I was going to kill any character off, so I chose C and I was pretty sure there will be some sort of twist and maybe Lamar will be killed but THANK GOD Rockstar didnt go that way. Killing characters is a cheap way to evoke emotion out of the viewer/player and has been overused in games over last few years now. 

I loved the C ending. Gave the entire game an awesome feel to it. 

I also met Trevor as Franklin and they discussed why Trevor didnt kill Michael when he had a chance, and Trevor explains that Michael may be a dick but he likes him. Then I met Michael as Trevor and Michael apologized to him for abandoning him, it was cool to see they buried the hatchet and are cool again.

Soulchild
  • Soulchild

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:10 PM

I accidently chose to kill Michael, because I thought option C was suicide. CRAP! I haven't gone to meet Michael yet. Is there a way for me to change my option?

ramtastic
  • ramtastic

Hustler

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

Before playing the game, and during 90% of the story missions, Michael was my favourite protag. I dunno why, Maybe I felt Frank's story was out of the same jar as CJ, while Trevor was too mental for my liking. 

I chose option C, but after freeroaming with all of them, having them hang out etc, I really wouldn't care if I never played with Mike again. The best trio IMO to cruise around with is Franklin, Trevor & Lamar. So many funny quips, much more fun to have around. Whereas it honestly feels like I'm hanging out with my dad when Michael's in the car. 

grandtheftchronic
  • grandtheftchronic

Grand Thief Toker

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:26 PM

I wouldn't be horribly mad if I lost franklin as Ifind myself never using him. Still, nice to have him though. I chose c and never looked back. Though I don't like usng franklins sprite, his character is cool and I didn't see him killing michael his mentor nor trevors crazy ass. Option c, take them all out!

Nameless Foot Soldier
  • Nameless Foot Soldier

Libertonian

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

I like Ending A, the big bad monster that came back from the past is put down. Hell on Earth is sent to hell. And to be honest, Trevor really didn't deserve to die, we was a tragedy where everyone betrayed by everyone in his life and to be honest, he was the only true man in the game. He was the only one who lived freely against society and played by his own rules. But everyone thought he was crazy because he wasn't fake like everyone else. In the end, Trevor was punished by the majority and was set ablaze.

Vulgar_Monkey
  • Vulgar_Monkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

For what it's worth, the other two endings are available through the 'replay mission' menu, so if you're in any doubt over sidequests you may as well pick C and then check the other two afterwards. That way you dont miss out on any post-game sidequesty clear-up.

Anyway, did anyone wonder what ever went down with Martin over trev and his wife?

I assumed it was implied that someone offscreen paid him a visit and cut his ear off (or something), but it seemed odd that we never see or hear anything explicit about it. Not even who did it. Trevor, M, F, or the feds? Seems like an odd omission. 

Nemesis-mkIX
  • Nemesis-mkIX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:42 AM

You don't ever see it, but I would assume Trevor cut off his ear during the kidnapping, considering how he reacts to Trevor's presence when you return her to him.

Nemesis-mkIX
  • Nemesis-mkIX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:55 AM

I can understand being under the impression that option C would lead to Franklin dying, especially given the bluntly worded choices of "Kill M", "Kill T", or "Death Wish".

But I assumed that option C would either lead to a conclusion like the one the option C leads to, or losing some of the spoils from the previous mission, or LS becoming a more hostile place, similar to after the kidnapping.  Either way, I figured I'd rather keep all of the characters around.

I can't believe some of the hate messaging towards the OP in this thread about not having an explicit spoiler warning in giant letters or something.  Who enters a thread that clearly states "Ending Discussion" thinking that it won't, oh I don't know, discuss the ending ala spoilers?

carisstr
  • carisstr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 October 2013 - 02:45 AM

I chose to kill Trevor, only because I though option C would kill Franklin and he's my favorite...
Im playing through again and choosing C so I can have all players available :)

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:19 AM

I am so glad I chose option C. Deathwish sounded bad, but it ended up being the best possible choice and a win-win situation for everyone  :^:

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

To make sure all loose ends were tied up with every ending, they should have split them all into two missions.

Ending A
- You go kill Trevor
- Then kill Devin

Ending B
- You kill Michael
- Then Franklin and Trevor go kill Haines and Cheng

Ending C
- Foundry fight
- Then the "loose ends" section is a seperate mission.

AndrewDeSanta
  • AndrewDeSanta

Republitarian

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

Chose ending A first because I thought C would kill both Trevor and Michael. Watching Trevor get burnt though was just wrong, actually felt uncomfortable so i reloaded and did C. Endings A and B both seem so wrong. 

ThePoundDollar
  • ThePoundDollar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

Damn I'm pretty annoyed at the fact I can't play as Trevor again. I thought option C was to kill Franklin and commit suicide. Didn't want to do that cause of his special ability. I thought you'd be able to play as Trevor again though and now you can't I can't complete the remainder of his missions. Damn!!!!!

Mrclip26
  • Mrclip26

Experienced

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by Mrclip26, 02 October 2013 - 10:28 PM.

i posted my backup game save not to long ago. it's right when you walk into franklin's house and about to pick who dies. msg me if anyone wants it. (it's about 77.1% complete)

STRICTLY187MURDER
  • STRICTLY187MURDER

Because nukes solve your problems

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:12 PM

I picked The Deadwish end, because you will kill all the traitors and Killing Mike And Trevor, didn't seem right.

Spoiler

TonyMontanaCDL
  • TonyMontanaCDL

Snitch

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 01:32 PM

I didn't have a problem with the ending mission. I got the impression Rockstar was making up for that sh*tty ending they gave us to Red Dead. Haines was basically a living breathing clone of Ross from that game.

I picked C of course. Who wants to lose a character they spent all that time building up the stats for and playing as? Yet again the fact all three can survive is Rockstar making up for that horrible choice at the end of Red Dead.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Tech Knight

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:13 PM

While I chose option C, there definitely should have been some kind of consequence for it. For the people who really wanted to kill Michael or Trevor, obviously those missions didn't have consequences either, but option C was never truly a bad option. My suggestion would be that the gold from the big one would be lost in option C. That seems to be referred to by Lester in his cutscene. That at least would have made the options more balanced.

Considering endings A and B are probably afterthoughts specifically for the people who didnt like Michael or Trevor. I would say SCREW BALANCING. Since WTF is wrong with a happy ending in this generation of "They think its artistic and bold so they keep making sad endings because they assume its original but everybody makes sad endings making them unoriginal" endings. I am glad there is no consequence in this choice as it is plain masochistic if you want ALL 3 endings to have a sad note. This is most likely the cannon ending anyway.  

Tonesta
  • Tonesta

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

Considering endings A and B are probably afterthoughts specifically for the people who didnt like Michael or Trevor. I would say SCREW BALANCING. Since WTF is wrong with a happy ending in this generation of "They think its artistic and bold so they keep making sad endings because they assume its original but everybody makes sad endings making them unoriginal" endings. I am glad there is no consequence in this choice as it is plain masochistic if you want ALL 3 endings to have a sad note. This is most likely the cannon ending anyway.  

Getting into an old argument here, but......

....I would argue that the "super mega happy" ending you get with C isn't much of a reflection of what's gone before it. It's not particularly coherent.

Trevor is a deranged psychopath who kills and tortures an awful lot of innocent people (as well as even more less innocent types) over the course of the preceding 60-odd missions.

Michael is a career criminal who sold out his best friend to the Feds to save his own ass.

With Ending C, neither of them face any repercussions for any of that - none of their previous actions have any consequences, and the tension between them isn't resolved at all. 

Coupled with the fact that there isn't a really good villain for them to unite against.....just four pretty mild antagonists.....and you're left with an ending that's thematically inelegant and deeply unsatisfying. To me at least.

The problem is that Endings A & B are so weakly written and nonsensical that they're even worse.

GTA5 was a much better game overall in my opinion, but GTA4's endings blew it completely out of the water.....

johnnyGQsmooth
  • johnnyGQsmooth

Hydra of San Andreas

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 January 2014 - 03:49 AM

What I didn't like was how Devin stops by, tells you to choose, and then suddenly you're locked into making up your mind. I figured the choice would come later after a few more missions. Anybody else feel that way?

I didn't want Franklin to kill Michael for Devin because:

1) Michael got him out of the hood, basically, and was always nice to him.

2) Devin is a jerk that didn't pay Franklin and his friends for boosting those cars.

3) Devin tried to kill Michael's family, but I can't remember if Michael told Franklin about it.

I didn't want Franklin to kill Trevor for the Feds because:

1) Despite that confrontation at his aunt's house, Trevor never acted out of line with Franklin.

Trevor is sensitive, and Franklin realized that laughing at him for falling down was wrong.

2) Trevor has been working with Franklin on the heists. They have a work relationship, at least.

Trevor also suspected the drywall drug brick, stopping Franklin & Lamar from being swindled.

3) If Franklin does this job for the Feds, what stops them from telling Franklin to do another job?

So, I chose "C" because Franklin has that hood mentality and would say "come at me bro." I was very happy with the "Godfather"-like ending. I sniped Steve like JFK from the rooftop by the ferris wheel. Interviewer freaked out! I walked up on Stretch and his Balla buddies with Michael, shot Stretch with the silenced pistol and finished the others after they pulled their guns out. Used the automatic pistol on the Triads with Franklin, and then I took out Devin. I was happy that the game let you kill them all, rather than have the other 2 characters do it for you while you do your hit.

paulmgrath
  • paulmgrath

Dope Fiend

• Members
  • England

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:33 PM Edited by paulmgrath, 30 January 2015 - 02:33 PM.

sorry for bumping such an old thread just looking for some answers about A,B, endings its been along time since i completed the game

In post game if you kill M, can you still switch to T? i remember him sending a txt/email to F saying he's not happy with F's choice and i moves away?

In post game if you kill T can you switch to M and continue epsilon missions etc?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users