Photo

GTA V Ending Discussion

111 replies to this topic
spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:32 AM

Imagine being able to kill the villain the first time you meet them and then having the story change and be shorter and easier because you made a snap judgment. It'd certainly make for an interesting game if they did it, but they didn't. 

This is the dumbest sh*t I think I've ever heard. And I've heard a lot of dumb sh*t. I honestly don't even know where to begin. 

Moving on though, this wasn't a gimmick. I know people who absolutely despised Trevor during the story, killed him off, and didn't regret the decision one bit. I almost did, because he was an annoying f*ck near the end of the game. Especially when he started to go ape sh*t after Franklin saw him trip over that small fence. The only reason I didn't kill him, is because I don't like killing off characters and I still had missions to do and money to spend. I know people who despised the sh*t out of the self-centered Michael. I don't know anyone who killed him, but if the player honestly felt like they wanted to do that, then so be it. That's why they got the choice. You had 3 choices. Simple as that. No one's asking you to choose option A or B, but they're there because different people see each character differently. Just because you didn't hate Trevor enough to want to make him burn alive, doesn't mean someone else didn't. He was an awful person, a savage. It doesn't make the story any worse because you feel that way. Someone else might have thought "Yes, I finally get to kill that f*cker Trevor", and think the story was awesome. That's why there are choices, because different people play the game. They're there for a reason. 

EDIT: Take the dude above me for example. You can clearly see he's satisfied with Michael being killed off. I'm sure he loves it and doesn't think it's a gimmick. You only think it's a gimmick because you don't like it. 

I'm not sure why you think the idea is dumb. It would literally be interactive storytelling. A game that changes based on how you play it. Essentially your interactions change what people you can meet and how the events can unfold down to being able to make the game story almost pointless. For example, imagine if you could kill Michael or Trevor and continue on with just the protagonist you want and see just what would happen to them. See who they met and what opportunities they got. Would Franklin ever get a place out of the hood without them or would Trevor really feel satisfied if he just killed Michael right off the bat. 

A choose-your-own adventure so to speak. Games are the only place that can really do that right. Heck, look at the heists in this game. We chose who went on them based on who we found sometimes just wandering around and it changed the experience. The heist could go better or worse because of your choices. Now imagine the whole game is like that.

And yes I still think it's a gimmick to throw in three endings. I don't care if you didn't like the character and wanted them to die. I hated Lamar. Where's my ending where I get to kill Lamar? It's a gimmick because it doesn't cover all the bases and only appears at the very end without any real reason. We made no other story choice throughout the entire game and now at the very end we just pick an ending we like. It works for its intended purpose I suppose, but it's still a gimmick. 

Setrakus
  • Setrakus

The Strategist.

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:33 AM

Okay I picked C, (even though it said death wish) mainly because I had a save on my USB flash drive right before this mission just incase I wanted to see another ending) But if you kill trevor before doing all of his side missions, does this mean it's IMPOSSIBLE to get 100% game completion or does it just uninclude the missions into the final percentage?

ZeroZero
  • ZeroZero

l33t g33k

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

The entire world after researching the end choices will go with C.. imho thats bad writing on R*`s part..  3 choices should all be equal and actually be choices, instead of going "i dont want to lose anyone so C it is".

I havent reached the end but a asshole colleague of mine spoiled it, but A, B and C should kill Trevor, Michael or Frank, not A kills, B kills, C puppy kitten option.

Also lots of people angry with Trevor for killing Johnny, i could only laugh, he ended up a crackhead, a shadow of what he was in The lost and the Damned, awesome way he was killed.

scipio1st
  • scipio1st

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

I found C to be very Vague. All it said was 'Deathwish'. I didn't know whether it meant to kill michael AND trevor, or the other people. So I chose to do the riotous thing and Blow up trevor with a Rig :)

ChickenStu
  • ChickenStu

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:10 PM

I chose to kill Trevor, but I've saved it in such a way that I can go back and have a look at the other endings. Thanks for not using spoiler tags by the way, f*cknut. 

R1C3W1N3
  • R1C3W1N3

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

I chose to kill Trevor, but I've saved it in such a way that I can go back and have a look at the other endings. Thanks for not using spoiler tags by the way, f*cknut. 

It's discussing the ending, so people will only be here if they've finished the game?

sm1thy17396
  • sm1thy17396

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Just pick C, it's the best option and I don't know why you would pick another one.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:32 PM

Im f*ckin pissed

I really thought Franklin would die....

I cant believe I cant play with trevor anymore, I really feel like I got robbed by R*...

Did R* want us to spoil the endings for ourselves just to see which choice is the best?

sh*t man... I hope a patch comes thru bcuz I want trevor back, and im not replaying the entire story again just for trevor

And now everybody is texting Franklin about his death. damn R* makin me feel like a fool right now

You can always replay just the last missions from the pause menu.
Anyway, I chose Option A, I don't like Trevor anymore.

SCOOBASTEEB
  • SCOOBASTEEB

Feed The Machine

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

The options are pretty self explanatory, if you choose A, you can't really complain at the outcome. same with B. Best just to choose C and then play the mission again through your phone to see the different endings.

Markhosdangerous
  • Markhosdangerous

Markos Dangerous

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:00 PM

Advice: when you see that the ending is near and you have to make a choice... Always save the game in a different slot.

Cheatz_N_Trickz
  • Cheatz_N_Trickz

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

Michael was the a**hole, not Trevor. He betrayed him and in the A ending doesn't give a s*** about Trevor dying, even Franklin is shocked. And in B, suggests they both go and "roll on T" together. Whereas Trevor refuses to help Franklin kill Michael. In the C ending, it still feels like Michael should die, because of how he acted in A and B.

robbird
  • robbird

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

SPOILER!!!

Hi, does anyone know if you kill Devin and choose death wish, is everyone trying to kill you in the freeplay after?

luisniko
  • luisniko

Joins Heist; Spawns pigeon and rabbit

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

I chose C and I think it may be the true ending as it's very well developed than the other 2.

I mean, it's so non-sense to see Michael not using his skill to shoot Franklin and Trevor running away instead of going on berserk. Both missions are very simple and quick and don't require you to actually go into a fight...

K_Smoove24
  • K_Smoove24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:06 AM Edited by K_Smoove24, 26 September 2013 - 03:11 AM.

Double post

K_Smoove24
  • K_Smoove24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:06 AM Edited by K_Smoove24, 26 September 2013 - 03:15 AM.

All 3 endings were absolute garbage A was dumb, B made no sense at all and C was a f*cking copout.. I picked c because they were my boys so obviously if we go down were all going down together. But someone should of died in c for example they could of had mike out front and trev out back both in trouble but u had to chose to go help mike or trev then maybe say u pick trev save trev and ur running to help mike and u see him get clapped kinda crawl a lil in a cut scene then u and trevor bail do the rest of mission c then maybe dave calls and talks about cleaning the mess up at the factory and everything is good and so on then at the very end ur back at mikes grave and frank like hey trev u think he actually in there this time man and so on.. idk i literally just thought this out as typing so obviously not great but i feel there should of been no a, b, c but just a c and someone dies but u dont know that there actually dead depending on ur action.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:17 AM

Am I the only one that happily killed Michael?

TGroves14
  • TGroves14

'AFK' Melee Murderer

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:29 AM Edited by TGroves14, 26 September 2013 - 03:32 AM.

before i chose i googled what option C was. wanted to make sure that deathwish meant franklin will die or if they all live. cause i definitely would not want to kill off franky 

tho if i did have to kill one of them, i would probably kill off Micheal, his family is f*cking annoying so i wouldn't have to deal with that. 

TIMSTER777
  • TIMSTER777

"Dude you gotta try hoagies man"

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:39 AM

before i chose i googled what option C was. wanted to make sure that deathwish meant franklin will die or if they all live. cause i definitely would not want to kill off franky 

tho if i did have to kill one of them, i would probably kill off Micheal, his family is f*cking annoying so i wouldn't have to deal with that. 

WE KNOW WHAT YOU DID TGROVES14...

WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN...

WE HAVE OUR EYE ON YOU...

PREPARE YOURSELF...

OCT 1ST...

higherprimate
  • higherprimate

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

I chose to kill trevor, i felt bad when he caught on fire and burst into flames while he screamed.

TGroves14
  • TGroves14

'AFK' Melee Murderer

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 September 2013 - 03:46 AM

WE KNOW WHAT YOU DID TGROVES14...

WE HAVE NOT FORGOTTEN...

WE HAVE OUR EYE ON YOU...

PREPARE YOURSELF...

OCT 1ST...

lol what the f*ck!! you're so creepy... how the hell do you remember who i am!! i forgot all about you! haha

K_Smoove24
  • K_Smoove24

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:14 AM

If there was a kill mikes family option D i would of took it lol although they became alot less annoying at the end of the game... Mike was my favorite character

RDL
  • RDL

High Roller

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

What did it say on your therapist report at the end of the game if you killed either one of them? anything about betrayal?

I chose option C 'Deathwish' I'd rather go out dying trying to save my friends than betray them, they just set me up for 30M as Franklin lol.

Did you get anything if you chose A or B? surely there's a benefit to killing one of the characters... 

willdude12
  • willdude12

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:52 PM Edited by willdude12, 30 September 2013 - 04:30 AM.

From my point of view I think that what ending you chose shows what person Franklin is going to be:

A) You become loyal to Micheal and want things to calm down and live the easy life now that Trevor and the FIB isn't stopping you

B) You return to who you were at the start of the game (You can tell because Franklin calls Lamar and talks about hows its all dealt with now and how is stuff with Micheal is over)

C) You don't want things to change and you become loyal to the whole group. But you still want to take out any loose ends for as long as you can.

To be honest I liked the all the endings the all had a reason behind it like how I just explained. I think that the overall outcome of A was the worse because whats the point? But with B it shows that Franklin wants to leave it all behind him.

But this is all just my option (I choose ending C)

dyz
  • dyz

GTA For Life!!

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Endings A and B are so stupid, Why would R* put them in?? C is the best and main ending! C was really fun and good mission while A and B feel rushed and stupid. If you want my advice choose option C! ;) 

dougie777
  • dougie777

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:38 AM

While I chose option C, there definitely should have been some kind of consequence for it. For the people who really wanted to kill Michael or Trevor, obviously those missions didn't have consequences either, but option C was never truly a bad option. My suggestion would be that the gold from the big one would be lost in option C. That seems to be referred to by Lester in his cutscene. That at least would have made the options more balanced.

Nemesis-mkIX
  • Nemesis-mkIX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

For me, when given this "choice", my immediate reaction was, "is this even really a choice?"

Given the long criminal careers of Michael and Trevor, plus all of the bridges they burned during the game, one could say that they both "deserved" to die; but they both had their merits.

Given the bonds that Franklin forms with them, and the fact that killing either of them just turns Franklin into a tool used by either Devan or Haines, this was a non-option for me.

Personally I liked all 3 of the main characters enough that I couldn't let any of them go. I guess if you REALLY hated either Michael or Trevor, then there's that, but considering that throughout the game, both Devan and Haines are really built up to be the main antagonists of the story, screwing you over whenever possible, I can't quite understand how anyone could intentionally pick either of them over M or T.

Not to mention that killing either of them off would cause obvious gameplay limitations for side missions, activities and free roam post-story.

Pepperjack
  • Pepperjack

Reasonably

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

When the choice came up i reloaded to rewatch what devin said, came to the conclusion that deathwish was for devin based on what franklin said so i chose C, best choice yet the other endings were terrible

Nemesis-mkIX
  • Nemesis-mkIX

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

Option C essentially wraps up every loose end that arose throughout the story in a massive bow. Plus doing so results in one of the most epic missions of the game. Really it's 5 missions in one!

Replayed the other 2 options after, and I can't help but feel like the other 2 endings don't really close very much.

Option A:
Michael and his family are still in the crosshairs of Devan and probably Haines too just to cover his own ass.

Option B:
The Chinese are still thriving and if they don't get to Trevor first, then Haines will eventually.

So option C is the only true resolution to, well, everything.

grandtheftairplane
  • grandtheftairplane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

I killed Michael because he was a snitch, he didn't need to cooperate with the feds, I was expecting him to kill the FIB guys near the end but he just did as he was told. I didn't want to kill Trevor because he's crazy and fun to play as. The game really makes you feel guilty if you pick Michael, him having a family and all. I didn't want to pick the last option just in case Franklin got killed.

grandtheftairplane
  • grandtheftairplane

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

It's discussing the ending, so people will only be here if they've finished the game?

In a thread about the ENDING of the game I don't think anyone will come here not expecting spoilers. The ending is always going to be a spoiler duuuh

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users