» «
Photo

GTA V Ending Discussion

110 replies to this topic
marcx
  • marcx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:37 AM Edited by marcx, 22 September 2013 - 03:37 AM.

I think with this ending though, there's a good chance we may see Franklin in DLC or in a later game as he's the only one who survives no matter what. But Michael and Trevor would not be mentioned. 

Would there be anyone who would like to see a sequel with Franklin where he plans and sets up his own heists? 

Nah, I would like to see Michael more, it doesn't matter if he dies in one of the endings, he's still the main character of the three.

The Sullinator
  • The Sullinator

DDMC

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

I think with this ending though, there's a good chance we may see Franklin in DLC or in a later game as he's the only one who survives no matter what. But Michael and Trevor would not be mentioned. 

Would there be anyone who would like to see a sequel with Franklin where he plans and sets up his own heists? 

Nah, I would like to see Michael more, it doesn't matter if he dies in one of the endings, he's still the main character of the three.

Yeah but there's no way now that we'd see that happen. Maybe DLC, but not in a sequel. They can't make sequels with characters who have possibly died in someone's story. Franklin is the only one who is alive in every situation. 

RoyalxAssassin
  • RoyalxAssassin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:22 AM

Honestly ending B made me f*cking depressed and i felt sick to my stomach, michael says he was like a father to you and treated you like you were his 2nd son and you beat the sh*t out of him, he keeps saying how he cared for you and saved u then you throw him off a f*cking cliff, this ending shouldl've not even been in the game, it was just plain wrong, honestly for me ending C is the only ending and A and B are directors cut

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:37 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 22 September 2013 - 06:40 AM.

Killed Trevor. Set that f*cker on fire so he died painfully and slow for all the pain he caused everyone else.
f*cker deserved it for killing 

Spoiler
for one

As much as I hated Trevor for killing

Spoiler
and don't want to bother with his side quests and will probably never play him post game ever I still didn't kill him.

I do admit, part of me did enjoy 'avenging' Johnny but I ultimately didn't go with it the first time around because I believed it wouldn't actually achieve anything.

The problem Franklin had would not have gone away by killing either Trevor or Michael. He would need to kill both of them or he would need to find another way out which ends up being C. A or B doesn't actually resolve the story and is the big reason I didn't choose either.

I felt the A and B endings were really poorly written as a whole and just thrown in there to give the player a supposed choice at the end. I don't get it with Rockstar, they write so brilliantly 99% of the time, but they have these lapses (like in the way they killed Johnny making Trevor look like an ass in the process) I just wonder where they come from.

The choice is a no brainer though I thought Franklin could die by choosing C and even though he is my favorite, I still generally decide these things on what I think is the 'right' thing to do at the time (and would have just reloaded Trevor dying anyway).

The B ending though was really stupid and as much as A wouldn't achieved anything, B not only would have achieved nothing it made absolutely no sense whatsoever either and there's no reason anyone in their right mind would choose it unless they really hated Michael or something... Hell I really hated Trevor and still could overlook sparing him for the sake of what I felt was 'right'. 

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:38 AM

did deathwish, and i was happy. good contrast to GTA IV's ending, which made me want to slit my wrists.
the option for different endings seems kinda phoned in and unnecessary.
  • Peachrocks likes this

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:40 AM

..Do you get any replacement character, or is that part just gone? Like, do you get to play as Lamar from there on out.. someone from Micheal's family.. I mean, what happens. 

Killing a protagonist makes that character unavaible for the rest of your playthrough, only way to get them back is to replay the entire game. replaying the mission doesnt do anything, as it just disincludes it from your playthrough.

and the after math is different for the character your playing as and what you picked.

For example killing trevor has lester cutting ties with you and michael and trevors friend ranting at Franklin.
While Michael will praise you for defending his family and authorities will thank you

Nonono. 

I meant like, you know how Jack Marston takes over for John? 

Does someone take over for one of the dead characters on your wheel? Or is it just blanked out? Yeah, those endings really, REALLY suck. I agree. Horrible writing for them both. 

Writing B does sound horrifiying... but then again, so does the one for Trevor. Trevor got a damn tattoo over Micheal. Trusted him. Sure, he got pissed when he was lied to, but hell, HE SAVED him once again. He proved he really did care about Micheal. 

Only for Micheal to light him on fire and walk away as if there was nothing there? Seems a bit wrong to me. 

kjimboo
  • kjimboo

LoadedLux

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:42 AM

I just approached this mission and I had to pause the game and check out the discussion, I'm nothing but relieved that theres a choice C because a or b would've been brutal.. wish me luck!

Peachrocks
  • Peachrocks

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:45 AM Edited by Peachrocks, 22 September 2013 - 06:45 AM.

I think if they wanted to make the choice r

did deathwish, and i was happy. good contrast to GTA IV's ending, which made me want to slit my wrists.

Its for this reason I thought that Franklin may die doing C. That certainly would have made the choice a lot harder and probably would not have sat well with people.

I do agree though that the choice does seem kinda phoned in, it's... really off mostly because it doesn't actually resolve the story.

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:52 AM

I think if they wanted to make the choice r

Its for this reason I thought that Franklin may die doing C. That certainly would have made the choice a lot harder and probably would not have sat well with people.

I do agree though that the choice does seem kinda phoned in, it's... really off mostly because it doesn't actually resolve the story.
A and B feel like they end half way through the finale, rather than actually being a full finale. there isn't a resolution to a few issues in the plot, you're right.

ScorpDaMonk
  • ScorpDaMonk

Astral Projection

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

I killed off Trevor..I felt bad about it afterwards for a few minutes but then I remember what he had done to Johnny and felt fine about it. Johnny was my nigga!

Old_BenKenobi
  • Old_BenKenobi

Just a crazy old man.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:12 AM

The A and B endings are so terrible that I have no idea why Rockstar included them. The C ending is the proper ending of the game, it ties up the loose ends. A and B just abruptly end the game. Rockstar should at least put a "You picked the wrong ending, try a again" prompt at the end of the credits if you pick A or B.

southparkion
  • southparkion

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:58 AM

So i chose C as i thought it was the obvious choice. But if i were forced to kill Trevor or Micheal i would have killed Micheal in a heart beat. Almost every decision Micheal made was only to help himself. He sold out his crew and got Brad one of his best friends killed. When Trevor came to Los Santos Micheal did nothing but talk about trying to get rid of him. When Franklin was stealing cars for Devin and doesn't get payed he tells Micheal. Micheal tells Franklin to stop worrying about it just so he can work on the movie with Solomon. Micheal is the most selfish of the three. Trevor was loyal and a good friend the whole game. He may be crazy but you can't blame him, his father was a dick, he was kicked out of the Air Force, and his best friend died or at least he thought he did for ten years). Also after Trevor learned the truth about Brad i hear a lot of people taking sides with Micheal but Trevor had every right to be upset. I feel that Trevor would never kill Micheal, but Micheal would stab Trevor in the back to further himself.   

• zakir2 and Boxman108 like this

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

Although I figured when picking option C, that no matter what I picked everyone would live anyway, but apparently that's wrong. Rockstar said none of the main characters die, but I guess that's another white lie they told us. 

They never ever said such a thing. They said you can't kill them in free roam. 

Raptomex
  • Raptomex

Listen to Slayer

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:17 AM

You can play as 3 characters. Why would anyone want to ruin that?

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:39 AM Edited by Woll Smoth, 24 September 2013 - 02:40 AM.

I chose C. I just looked at the A & B choices on Youtube and must say, they are very sad. Especially Micheal's, since he was the one who helped you get on your feet, and he treated Frank like another son. I wouldn't have the guts to do such a thing.  :(

And I am happy that R* put a choice C in game. The game could of had a similar ending to GTA IV when someone on your side has to die.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:33 AM

I chose C not even thinking that it could have meant that Franklin ends up dying... I just figured it meant that Franklin saves both of them.. which he does.

In fact, I was convinced that A and B were just roads that lead to the same path: no one dies, but still alternative endings to the end path of them all being alive. 

Killing off either character feels SO f*cking wrong after everything they've been through. Personally, I don't think that Rockstar should have included the alternative ending to kill off 2 of the 3 main characters... now this means that they won't be in future GTA games because they could "technically" be dead in the GTA universe... (their death statuses read "determinant" on the GTA wiki....). Both Michael and Trevor are characters I wanted to see in some way in future GTA games...

I don't think Rockstar should be including determinant deaths in their universe... especially main characters, just have them either alive, or not.. so the story remains consistent and epic. Choice is good, but this is too much choice?

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:40 AM

I'm glad I picked C. A was completely brutal. B was depressing as f*ck, the only thing I liked about it was Franklin repeating Michael's "legs" line, and then the trailer song "Sleepwalking" playing during the credits.

So now, lets dispute like we did with IV - what ending do you see as the "canon" one? I honestly think C is the most suitable. Its scenes are in the trailers and the artwork. It's also the longest finale mission compared to the other two that are pretty short, Rockstar obviously put more work into C than A or B. With the game also focusing on being able to switch between three characters, it just doesn't seem right to limit that to two people - especially considering you lose 1/3rd of the gameplay.

Guess we'll have to wait and see until GTA VI to see which ending canon.

Ronrollin9434
  • Ronrollin9434

Grotti Enthusiast

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:02 AM

A and B seemed out of place. Rushed, in a sense. I don't think Rockstar should be giving determinant deaths for any of the main characters.. ruins the story, to be honest.

Imagine if classic crime movies like Godfather, Goodfellas, Heat, and Scarface had "alternative endings" where the main character dies in one ending but not the other? It ruins the epicness of the film...

I don't care if Rockstar kills off a main character, but they need to solidify it, not make it "determinant".

LaughingDingo
  • LaughingDingo

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

R* could always put Michael or Trevor in future games. That would just tell us that option C was the cannon ending and the other two options were not.

I picked C as it didn't feel right to kill either Mike or Trevor. Mike wasn't selfish, it only seemed that way because he has a family and was thinking about not losing them. Trevor was batsh*t crazy but ultimately showed he was a good friend to Michael.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

I hate the whole choice crap they started putting in the games. They have such great writing talent but they can't seem to trust their own instincts on deciding an ending. I believe ending C is canon, I just got done playing it and it pretty much brought together all the loose ends, which I assume the other endings don't do from the descriptions. C all the way baby.  :lol:

• Ronrollin9434 likes this

Ghost-Unit
  • Ghost-Unit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:57 AM

I picked C, but I just YouTubed the other two. Killing Trevor feels weird, because he never did anything bad to Franklin. Killing Michael feels outright wrong on so many levels.

cp1dell
  • cp1dell

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:25 AM

Another thing, is that in both, Franklin has a complete sudden change of character. The way he acts towards Trevor and Michael, and simply kills them like that just doesn't fit him. There's no lead up to it really.

At least in C there's some character development. The most obvious that Lamar mentions is Franklin actually helping his homies out for once, and not just looking out for himself.

C just felt more full. It wrapped up all the loose ends the story had, it was really long and contained more than the other two quick wrap up endings, it's showcased in trailers and artwork etc.

STRICTLY187MURDER
  • STRICTLY187MURDER

Because nukes solve your problems

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:37 AM

imo A&B shoudn't even been options.

C should've been the ACTUAL ENDING

A&B just made no sense. But that's my opinion

iN31L
  • iN31L

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:42 AM

Im f*ckin pissed

I really thought Franklin would die....

I cant believe I cant play with trevor anymore, I really feel like I got robbed by R*...

Did R* want us to spoil the endings for ourselves just to see which choice is the best?

sh*t man... I hope a patch comes thru bcuz I want trevor back, and im not replaying the entire story again just for trevor

And now everybody is texting Franklin about his death. damn R* makin me feel like a fool right now

So you chose to kill Trevor and you're blaming Rockstar because you thought Franklin was going to die? And you're now angry because you can't play as Trevor even though you consciously chose to kill him, not the game forcing you to? You are one stupid son of a bitch. 

iN31L
  • iN31L

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 05:45 AM Edited by iN31L, 24 September 2013 - 05:45 AM.

A and B seemed out of place. Rushed, in a sense. I don't think Rockstar should be giving determinant deaths for any of the main characters.. ruins the story, to be honest.

Imagine if classic crime movies like Godfather, Goodfellas, Heat, and Scarface had "alternative endings" where the main character dies in one ending but not the other? It ruins the epicness of the film...

I don't care if Rockstar kills off a main character, but they need to solidify it, not make it "determinant".

Yeah, but you're missing the point. They're making it your choice. No one is forcing you to kill them. It would ruin the story for you maybe, but for the person that wanted Trevor or Michael to die, it didn't ruin the story. Maybe, just maybe, the world doesn't revolve around you, and MAYBE different people have different feelings for the characters, which is why they allowed you to CHOOSE how it was supposed to end. 

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:00 AM

Yeah, but you're missing the point. They're making it your choice. No one is forcing you to kill them. It would ruin the story for you maybe, but for the person that wanted Trevor or Michael to die, it didn't ruin the story. Maybe, just maybe, the world doesn't revolve around you, and MAYBE different people have different feelings for the characters, which is why they allowed you to CHOOSE how it was supposed to end. 

That would make more sense if the story was interactive from the start. It boils down to whether Rockstar were or were not telling the story and in this case they were. The player was experiencing it and not telling it. If they want us to tell the story they need to make a framework of interactions and then let us loose to do what we want. Imagine being able to kill the villain the first time you meet them and then having the story change and be shorter and easier because you made a snap judgment. It'd certainly make for an interesting game if they did it, but they didn't. We were only given the illusion of choice at the very end for no reason. Take your favorite book and imagine if the last chapter was really three last chapters. "Decide what happens reader". Would that really improve the quality of the work? A really good story doesn't need those gimmicks to make it work for most people and trying to make the story work for everyone weakens the overall impact that it might have. 

Xbox1988
  • Xbox1988

Prankster

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:07 AM Edited by Xbox1988, 24 September 2013 - 06:09 AM.

Just to fill you guys in,

I picked B. 

I hated Michael's family, his selfishness, his attitude, and his snitching ways. I don't want to do ANYTHING for the FIB, they wanted me to OFF Trev, f*ck that. Trev was good to Frank. I put Frank in the best position moving forward because his ties with Devon will allow him to reach even greater heights. It's true that Devon calls and talks sh*t about going to clown school to Frank afterwards, but, I believe Frank would find work with him in the future. 

I called Mike, told him we need to talk, we met in the woods, Mike called his wife, his daughter got into college, he was excited, then he realized something was off with Frank. He flees, I hunt him down, he runs up to the top of a industrial complex, he's shooting at me the whole time, I don't feel bad, we get up to the top, he is telling me, 'don't kill me, let's go kill Trev, both of us, we'll knock his ass out right now'..which enraged me, finally, Frank pushes him over the railing, but Mike grabs frank's hand, then I have the option, one last time, to save Mike and go murder Trev, or press B and let him fall. Hearing Jizzle's d-bag voice in my head, it was an easy decision to make him and his family suffer. 

I ruthlessly press B, and watch him crack his skull open. I stroll down, get calls from Lester/Trev approving of the move, and calls from Mikes family wondering where he is. 

Lester texts me, 'I understand why you did what you did, let's move on now'.  

Trev texts me, 'Did you kill Michael?'

Frank blames it on Devon Hester's people...Trev doesn't believe it. He bitches about me being a traitor...but he's down overall. He hates Michael. 

Wouldn't change a thing, P.S., yes, I cannot play as Michael anymore, no missions, and his character is tinted dark and you cannot switch. 

I wish I could have shot him dead though, it felt impersonal. He deserved to suffer for being a government snitch and getting Frank into so much sh*t. 

iN31L
  • iN31L

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:15 AM Edited by iN31L, 24 September 2013 - 06:18 AM.

Imagine being able to kill the villain the first time you meet them and then having the story change and be shorter and easier because you made a snap judgment. It'd certainly make for an interesting game if they did it, but they didn't. 

This is the dumbest sh*t I think I've ever heard. And I've heard a lot of dumb sh*t. I honestly don't even know where to begin. 

Moving on though, this wasn't a gimmick. I know people who absolutely despised Trevor during the story, killed him off, and didn't regret the decision one bit. I almost did, because he was an annoying f*ck near the end of the game. Especially when he started to go ape sh*t after Franklin saw him trip over that small fence. The only reason I didn't kill him, is because I don't like killing off characters and I still had missions to do and money to spend. I know people who despised the sh*t out of the self-centered Michael. I don't know anyone who killed him, but if the player honestly felt like they wanted to do that, then so be it. That's why they got the choice. You had 3 choices. Simple as that. No one's asking you to choose option A or B, but they're there because different people see each character differently. Just because you didn't hate Trevor enough to want to make him burn alive, doesn't mean someone else didn't. He was an awful person, a savage. It doesn't make the story any worse because you feel that way. Someone else might have thought "Yes, I finally get to kill that f*cker Trevor", and think the story was awesome. That's why there are choices, because different people play the game. They're there for a reason. 

EDIT: Take the dude above me for example. You can clearly see he's satisfied with Michael being killed off. I'm sure he loves it and doesn't think it's a gimmick. You only think it's a gimmick because you don't like it. 

Paaldanzen Danzma
  • Paaldanzen Danzma

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:18 AM

I chose C aswell, because A & B were pretty obvious, so i went for C. But I would've killed off Michael anyway if there were only 2 options.

Honestly most of the things that Michael did was for himself and I didn't like his personality at all. Always me me me me me. STFU. Trevor had every right to be upset at Michael

LateNightNeons
  • LateNightNeons

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:19 AM

I didn't really like my ending. I didn't want to kill any of the main protags.  I though C would kill Frankling, so I chose to kill Trevor instead, wasn't an easy decision, but liked him the least. Micheal felt like the biggest scumbag, a traitor with no remorse.

HOWEVER, that turned out to be great for the free roam and 100% completion, since you get to split Trevors money between Frank and mike, which gives you more flexibility to spend them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users