» «
Photo

SCUBA and infinite money

12 replies to this topic
ajma420
  • ajma420

High Roller

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:17 PM Edited by ajma420, 21 September 2013 - 11:56 PM.

SCUBA

+

$$$

and/or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PevyFa4ciww $$$

put 2 and 2 together (because the plane is hard to get to) and you're unstoppable

THANK GOD FOR YOUTUBE! thanks everyone!

EDIT: as a side note, the last video (URL) has a faster way to reset the money

EDIT 2: the SCUBA boat is not available until you complete the mission where you dive into the facility with the 2 FIB agents

MikeyB
  • MikeyB

Floppy Member

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

No boat there when I look :( Do you have to be Michael to get it?

Michael is lying low at the moment for me so I cannot switch to him :(

ajma420
  • ajma420

High Roller

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:52 PM Edited by ajma420, 21 September 2013 - 11:53 PM.

I'm not sure, I've only done it as michael (i'll try trevor later), but I do know that you have to complete the mission where you dive into the facility withthe 2 FIB guys (trying not to spoil it). So if you're in the beginning when you first play as trevor, you wont see it.

ShaunBowers
  • ShaunBowers

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:16 AM Edited by ShaunBowers, 22 September 2013 - 12:20 AM.

I'm not sure, I've only done it as michael (i'll try trevor later), but I do know that you have to complete the mission where you dive into the facility withthe 2 FIB guys (trying not to spoil it). So if you're in the beginning when you first play as trevor, you wont see it.

Thanks for this thread! But I done that mission and I don't have any boat there? I really wanna do scuba diving.

EDIT: You guys need to do

Spoiler
unlock the boat etc.

ralf_s
  • ralf_s

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

I managed it as Franklin and Michael earlier and haven't done the mission you mentioned... Only 14% in and this still works. You have to go round the building if the dinghy doesn't appear at first but it will turn up eventually.

Cyfun
  • Cyfun

Mowing down Hare Krishnas since 1997

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

Don't need scuba gear to get that money repeatedly. Just switch to another character and switch back. Don't even need to go up for air.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:53 AM Edited by Poker2012chu, 22 September 2013 - 01:00 AM.

EDIT 2: the SCUBA boat is not available until you complete the mission where you dive into the facility with the 2 FIB agents

Uh, yes it is. I know because I did this cheat shortly after the Merryweather heist. Haven't tried it (getting the boat before the Merryweather heist) yet, but I imagine this boat can be available from even earlier on.

Not only that, but in addition to the 25k treasure northwest of Vespucci, there's a 20k one near some islands in the east.

Vortech
  • Vortech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:35 AM

After having performed some of the Lester assassination missions before completing the game I decided to give this a try. On my PS3 this method simply does not work.. I get one case switch out and immediately switch back. The case has returned and is shiny but I just pass over it and cannot pick it up again. This has occurred at both the 12k and 25k cases.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Troll_Hunter
  • Troll_Hunter

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

After having performed some of the Lester assassination missions before completing the game I decided to give this a try. On my PS3 this method simply does not work.. I get one case switch out and immediately switch back. The case has returned and is shiny but I just pass over it and cannot pick it up again. This has occurred at both the 12k and 25k cases.

Has this happened to anyone else?

This method works fine on my PS3 game but I've only completed the first assination mission. Are you sure you're swimming close enough to select the briefcase? Sometimes when you're a little too high and pass over it, it won't get selected. Also try switching to a different character to see if that helps. So if playing as Franklin for example and you're always switching to Trevor, switch to Michael instead. 

Vortech
  • Vortech

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

This method works fine on my PS3 game but I've only completed the first assination mission. Are you sure you're swimming close enough to select the briefcase? Sometimes when you're a little too high and pass over it, it won't get selected. Also try switching to a different character to see if that helps. So if playing as Franklin for example and you're always switching to Trevor, switch to Michael instead.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.. I was concerned it had been ninja-patched or something. To clarify, by some Lester assassination missions I mean the first one. I'll keep trying but I spent the better part of 20 minutes maneuvering around after easily having gotten it the first time. I'm trying to get it so the character is on it but after the first few switches with no joy I start to swim around as if I possibly missed it. I'll try another case location and see if that changes the outcome any. Thanks again for the encouraging advice.

Troll_Hunter
  • Troll_Hunter

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:44 AM Edited by Troll_Hunter, 22 September 2013 - 08:17 AM.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.. I was concerned it had been ninja-patched or something. To clarify, by some Lester assassination missions I mean the first one. I'll keep trying but I spent the better part of 20 minutes maneuvering around after easily having gotten it the first time. I'm trying to get it so the character is on it but after the first few switches with no joy I start to swim around as if I possibly missed it. I'll try another case location and see if that changes the outcome any. Thanks again for the encouraging advice.

No problem at all but come to think about it, I actually did this before doing the first assassination mission but hopefully it still works for you. After reading the 'Stock market tips' thread here, I wanted to invest as much money as I could in Beta Pharmaceuticals before doing the first assassination mission. I screwed up on the jewellery heist by selecting a cheap driver and gunman which lost me a lot of money so I used this method to recoup what I'd lost. Like I said, hopefully it still works — I'm going to try it myself now. 

Edit: It still works.

@Astrovik — There's a $25k package north of Del Perro Pier. Still not a huge amount but it's better than diving for $12k.

Astrovik
  • Astrovik

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

don't think this is really worth it, i mean $12k is like nothing. The Golf Club costs $150 Mio. (!!!) That's alot of diving LOL

ajma420
  • ajma420

High Roller

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

don't think this is really worth it, i mean $12k is like nothing. The Golf Club costs $150 Mio. (!!!) That's alot of diving LOL

@Astrovik — There's a $25k package north of Del Perro Pier. Still not a huge amount but it's better than diving for $12k.

look at the bottom of the OP (youtube hyperlink) for the location

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users