[SPOILER] Why Is Franklin So RICH?

6 replies to this topic
Mega_Byte
  • Mega_Byte

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

Quick Question,

Does anyone know how Franklin stumbled upon so much money so early? I'm talking $100,667 out of thin blue air.

Here's the thing, I am playing GTA V right now. And I just discovered that Franklin stands to gain over $100k in the sale of some stock of which he never purchased. Is this a glitch?

I don't want to ruin my gaming experience by getting so rich so quickly (and by error).

morphpogo
  • morphpogo

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:37 PM Edited by morphpogo, 21 September 2013 - 09:39 PM.

Thats not a glitch, you probably came across the stranger who's motorbike got stolen and you returned it to him. He has sent you an sms a bit later, letting you know that he gave you those stocks as a reward for your help.

Edit: (slight spoiler)

Spoiler

Mega_Byte
  • Mega_Byte

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Here are the details:

Stock: AnimalArk

Profit From Stock: $100,634.45

Shares Owned: 409

Calculated Profit Per Share: $246.05

Listed Price Per Share: $246.05

Calculated Purchase Price Per Share: $0

^What the numbers above show, is that Franklin essentially "purchased" 409 shares of AnimalArk at a price of $0! He did it on his own. I - the human player - never bought any shares of AnimalArk. Was this a glitch? Did anyone else get free money?

Game Statistics:

Percentage Complete: 25%

Hours Played: 35 hours

Story Mission Completed: 10

Other Missions Completed: 36

Last Completed Mission: "Daddy's Little Girl" - Michael

Most Recent Activities:

• (1) Beach Triathlon w/Franklin (First triathlon attempted)
  • (2) Airport Street Race w/Franklin
  • (3) AmmuNation Target Practice w/Franklin (All Gold except unattempted "Heavy")
  • (4) Random store robberies w/Franklin
  • (5) "Daddy's Little Girl" w/Michael

Basically, Franklin got free money and I'm wondering if anyone has had this happen to them yet. Google didn't show anything. Does anyone know? Thanks.

morphpogo
  • morphpogo

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I already answered you above. You got the money from a random encounter, who you helped to get his bike back.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I got this with Trevor. He gives you 100k in stocks.

Mega_Byte
  • Mega_Byte

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Thats not a glitch, you probably came across the stranger who's motorbike got stolen and you returned it to him. He has sent you an sms a bit later, letting you know that he gave you those stocks as a reward for your help.

Edit: (slight spoiler)

Spoiler

Okay, guys.

Case Closed.

I vaguely remember somebody saying they'd send me a link to some stock. I thought it was Lester. Anyways, I've now read the email from "GrayNicholas". I remember getting some random dude his bicycle back down by Grove Street.

Thanks, man.

CASE IS CLOSED.

PS. I'm not taking the money until I buy the garage on Grove St based on some hard fought money.

Pizentu
  • Pizentu

PLATINUM

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by Pizentu, 21 September 2013 - 10:05 PM.

I got that guys bike back a long time ago and still havent recieved a text. I need to find him and kick his ass. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users