Photo

gta v - biggest disappointment of the year

81 replies to this topic
ijustcameheretobeeotch
  • ijustcameheretobeeotch

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:07 PM

the game sucks. ask the x-box fanboys what blind loyalty gets you.

how many years and how much money went into this game? we were told it would outshine all the rest of gta.

if, IF the stock market even works on your game, it didn't on mine. that is the only way to make money in this game. not that it matters when there isn't anything to spend it on. character customs are very limited and it doesn't matter when the next cutscene resets the outfit. the car and weapon customs are also limited and pointless. for the money you spend on auto upgrades they don't provide much benefit and that's if the game doesn't make your car vanish into thin air. silencers on a gun still get you noticed so all they do is give less damage.

I don't hold out hope for online play. we will see how that bad sport system works when the developers let you know when your rivals are online or let you steal from your own teammates.

with the direction of the gaming industry, I think this is my last video game system. every year you pay more for less and when the ps3 is dead there will only be a handful of decent games under a big pile of disappointments with 10 out of 10 perfect game paid reviews.

Laggard
  • Laggard

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:10 PM

just played through the campaign and i've never been more dissapointed in my life.

im going to list stuff about the game that made it suck

- Heists. they make you think the whole game is about making big heists and robbing banks and that you are in charge of everything and can decide exactly how your team will execute the heist. but you cant decide anything, only thing you can decide by yourself is like where the getaway car will be placed and that wont even end up mattering anyway.  
and like the first heist they say that you can use a bunch of different people for all your heists and that their skills increase for every heist they participate in but there is only like 1 heist that you can pick out crewmembers by yourself.

there is a total of only like 4 heists and one of them does'nt even pay out
And still the heists is pretty much the only thing rockstar been talking about.

-money. you earn next to nothing in the campaign except the last heists and the whole property thing? whats up with that? the towing impund costs 150k and you only get 500 for every car you tow. and dont even get me started on the golfclub, 150 mil for some bullsh*t that you will never even be able to afford?

-guns. pretty much all guns are the same, in gta iv you atleast had guns that werent all the same.

-nothing to do when the campaign is done.  rockstar kept blabbing about all the activities and sh*t like tennis, golf, yoga etc. you can participate in when not doing missions so that you never get bored, but all those activities and stuff are OK like the first 2 minutes but then it's more boring than watching paint dry.

-vehicle damage

the vehicle damage is ridiculous, if you crash a car going 100 in a brickwall it is going to leave a bit more damage than a busted headlight and some scratches.  i know it's a game but there is a limit.

car customization -   the engine and armor etc upgrades  that costs thousands and thousands of dollars doesnt even do anything

you can change the colour of the car, tint your windows or get some new rims but thats about the size of it.

i highly doubt they will change/improve any of this for online

Your mom was my biggest disappointment of the year.

• hitchcockindaflood likes this

scipio1st
  • scipio1st

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

People that matter are those who are happy with this game. Its a gaming achievement.  I hate this forum so much. I'm going back to GTA5. f*ck all you whining bastards!

• Hordriss likes this

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

the game sucks. ask the x-box fanboys what blind loyalty gets you.

how many years and how much money went into this game? we were told it would outshine all the rest of gta.

if, IF the stock market even works on your game, it didn't on mine. that is the only way to make money in this game. not that it matters when there isn't anything to spend it on. character customs are very limited and it doesn't matter when the next cutscene resets the outfit. the car and weapon customs are also limited and pointless. for the money you spend on auto upgrades they don't provide much benefit and that's if the game doesn't make your car vanish into thin air. silencers on a gun still get you noticed so all they do is give less damage.

I don't hold out hope for online play. we will see how that bad sport system works when the developers let you know when your rivals are online or let you steal from your own teammates.

with the direction of the gaming industry, I think this is my last video game system. every year you pay more for less and when the ps3 is dead there will only be a handful of decent games under a big pile of disappointments with 10 out of 10 perfect game paid reviews.

Then I guess you've slit your wrists already then? :bored:

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

Man, I can say this about more or less every game that comes out these days: Game X is the biggest disappointment of the year. Games get overhyped and underdeliver and the only ones happy about them are usually the fanboys and those in denial of the suckiness because they paid $60 for it.

It seems like the problem is videogames have a huge market and there is no pleasing everyone but every game wants everyone's money.

sultangris
  • sultangris

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Man, I can say this about more or less every game that comes out these days: Game X is the biggest disappointment of the year. Games get overhyped and underdeliver and the only ones happy about them are usually the fanboys and those in denial of the suckiness because they paid $60 for it.

It seems like the problem is videogames have a huge market and there is no pleasing everyone but every game wants everyone's money.

very true.  However this game compared to their previous ones seems like its not as complete and is missing something. im hopeful for lots of extra DLC.

CenMan
  • CenMan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Huge improvement in some areas, huge declines in others. Sounds like GTA IV again. Still my favorite GTA so far though, although I guess I was expecting a little more.

LrdMASTRk
  • LrdMASTRk

Can't Wait!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:27 PM

Stop whining.  I'll punch you in the ovaries for sounding like a little bitch.

dodeca
  • dodeca

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

very true.  However this game compared to their previous ones seems like its not as complete and is missing something. im hopeful for lots of extra DLC.

I get the same feeling. It doesnt feel like a 300 million dollar game just yet. But the only thing i can care about for now is getting an option to fix the driving. Its driving me up the wall. xD

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

#1 Dinka Thrust Fan

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

My favourite part was when OP confused single player with GTA:O

Decoy618
  • Decoy618

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

I don't understand why you people entertain these threads about people bitching and crying about the game that's all they want and with every response they win. Let them go cry in a corner by themselves. They are just looking for attention and you all are giving it to them.

Wildfire_08
  • Wildfire_08

Who cares

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:54 PM Edited by Wildfire_08, 23 September 2013 - 07:55 PM.

just played through the campaign and i've never been more dissapointed in my life.

im going to list stuff about the game that made it suck

- Heists. they make you think the whole game is about making big heists and robbing banks and that you are in charge of everything and can decide exactly how your team will execute the heist. but you cant decide anything, only thing you can decide by yourself is like where the getaway car will be placed and that wont even end up mattering anyway.  
and like the first heist they say that you can use a bunch of different people for all your heists and that their skills increase for every heist they participate in but there is only like 1 heist that you can pick out crewmembers by yourself.

there is a total of only like 4 heists and one of them does'nt even pay out
And still the heists is pretty much the only thing rockstar been talking about.

-money. you earn next to nothing in the campaign except the last heists and the whole property thing? whats up with that? the towing impund costs 150k and you only get 500 for every car you tow. and dont even get me started on the golfclub, 150 mil for some bullsh*t that you will never even be able to afford?

-guns. pretty much all guns are the same, in gta iv you atleast had guns that werent all the same.

-nothing to do when the campaign is done.  rockstar kept blabbing about all the activities and sh*t like tennis, golf, yoga etc. you can participate in when not doing missions so that you never get bored, but all those activities and stuff are OK like the first 2 minutes but then it's more boring than watching paint dry.

-vehicle damage

the vehicle damage is ridiculous, if you crash a car going 100 in a brickwall it is going to leave a bit more damage than a busted headlight and some scratches.  i know it's a game but there is a limit.

car customization -   the engine and armor etc upgrades  that costs thousands and thousands of dollars doesnt even do anything

you can change the colour of the car, tint your windows or get some new rims but thats about the size of it.

i highly doubt they will change/improve any of this for online

- Heists are available for online as well as offline mode, just remember the biggest part of what theyre releasing isnt out yet and this game has already smashed all entertainment records. You get to choose your crew all the way through for heists except for trevors friend, and you choose which approach youll use for the heist, we dont yet know how this will factor into the online.

- Money, there are plenty of opportunities and ways to earn money in this game from property management, to the easiest of all... the stock market. Open your eyes and look around, the easiest of course lies within the assassination missions. 

- Guns, since when has an RPG, been the same as a minigun, a sniper, a stun gun, a knife, an assault rifle,  a shotgun, an autoshotgun or a grenade launcher... Just to name a few. 

- Post campaign, the game requires 100% completion for a rather epic easter egg, there is absolutely tonnes to do after the story completion, you just dont understand how the game works yet. Go look at all the side missions you need to complete, all the property management you need to finish, not to mention all the races, triathlons, hobbies, random events and various other activities dotted around the map from drug smuggling to towing cars. 

- Vehicle Damage, i drove into another car at around 60 a few days ago and went through the windscreen, looked at the car and it wasnt fit for driving. Car damage all depends on the level of armour on the car as well as the base armour on the car compared to what you hit. If you hit a lamp post at 100 the damage will be minimal compared to hitting an armoured truck at 100. Also this isnt a simulation game, if it was you wouldnt be able to die more than once in the game, so stop being ridiculous. 

- Car customisation, the amount you spend on car customisation is not a drop in the ocean compared to the amount of money you can inevitably make on this game. Also with Franklin you can buy Los Santos Customs and get all free mods, hint...

if you dont like the game, i suggest you go back to you're ultra realistic CoD where you all do backflips with snipers and all that "realistic" kind of nonsense. This is the fastest selling entertainment product of all time, and has blown all other games out of the water, i think that speaks volumes.

Thanks for playing.

amumk3v2lz9.gif

Hordriss
  • Hordriss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:04 PM Edited by Hordriss, 23 September 2013 - 08:05 PM.

This kinda stuff makes me laugh.

In 2008, Rockstar released GTA IV.  It was a masterpiece of its time.  People whined and bitched about the driving being too challenging, about not being able to customise cars, about there not being enough side activities, about not being able to do anything with the vast amount of money you accrue, and about there being fewer weapons.

Fast forward to 2013, and the launch of GTA V.

- Driving made more arcadey after the feedback - people whinge that it's a step back from GTA IV.

- Car customisation added again.  People whinge that it's not extensive enough.

- More side activies added.  People whinge that it's not enough.

- A crapload of properties are available for purchase.  People whinge that they're too expensive.

- A ton of guns are added - People whinge because there's no difference in the guns (which, by the way, is bullsh*t).

For those whining about the driving, I suggest you go and play Forza/Gran Turismo.  For those whining about the apparent lack of actitivies, go play Just Cause 2 because that has so many things to do outside of its (mediocre) campaign.

And whining about the guns?  Go play Call of Duty or Battlefield.

Fact is, GTA is all about the sum of its parts.  And you know what, put it all together and you've got one hell of a package.  And then there's the online which hasn't even launched yet.

I feel a pattern repeating.  It seems that no matter what Rockstar do, whether it be improving existing mechanics or adding new features, it's never enough for some people. 

I'm not saying GTA V is flawless, but by the way a load of people are talking, you'd think they were grieving for a recently deceased parent or spouse, and it makes them sound pathetic.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

Yeah I really feel like Rockstar is leaving us no choice but to make this a primarily online game. If it wasn't for all of the online features listed above (which sound awesome) I would say this game was a huge let down. But I think if they pull the online off it could be awesome.

With that said, GTA has primarily been a single player game and they seem to be shifting in a different direction.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:15 PM Edited by lazedout, 23 September 2013 - 08:22 PM.

In 2008, Rockstar released GTA IV.  It was a masterpiece of its time.  People whined and bitched about the driving being too challenging, about not being able to customise cars, about there not being enough side activities, about not being able to do anything with the vast amount of money you accrue, and about there being fewer weapons.

- Driving made more arcadey after the feedback - people whinge that it's a step back from GTA IV.

- A crapload of properties are available for purchase.  People whinge that they're too expensive.

- A ton of guns are added - People whinge because there's no difference in the guns (which, by the way, is bullsh*t).

For those whining about the driving, I suggest you go and play Forza/Gran Turismo.  For those whining about the apparent lack of actitivies, go play Just Cause 2 because that has so many things to do outside of its (mediocre) campaign.

Fact is, GTA is all about the sum of its parts.  And you know what, put it all together and you've got one hell of a package.  And then there's the online which hasn't even launched yet.

I feel a pattern repeating.  It seems that no matter what Rockstar do, whether it be improving existing mechanics or adding new features, it's never enough for some people. 

I'm not saying GTA V is flawless, but by the way a load of people are talking, you'd think they were grieving for a recently deceased parent or spouse, and it makes them sound pathetic.

"Driving made more arcadey after the feedback - people whinge that it's a step back from GTA IV"

Why couldn't they appeal to all by giving maybe 2 settings for driving? is it that difficult for such an extensive game?

Its not. It really seems like it was an afterthought. How long did it really take them to make that? Does the customization seem like something you would expect in 2013? There was more customization in SA for gods sake man! Why not any bullet proof/resistant glass for one thing?

There are more side activities I give you this. Yoga is a BS activity though lol, and to be honest there still really aren't a crap load. In a game like GTA which supposedly has unlimited options why have only a few activities. What is there? Yoga, golf, tennis, bar, strip club, parachute, race, rampage, hunting, darts? Am I missing any?

A crapload? really? Many of them are really useless to be honest and maintaining them is really not an issue as they ask for help once in a while. Doesn't really add much to the game IMHO. 

A ton of guns are added - People whinge because there's no difference in the guns (which, by the way, is bullsh*t).

This is something Im really serious about. The guns in this game are lame. Sorry its just a fact. Have you seen the gun models? Do they look excellent to you? How hard is it for a company like this to make realistic gun models? Seriously they remind me a lot of guns you would see in saints row, especially the handguns. I remember seeing videos where they were based off real guns? Maybe I was mistaken. The customization for the guns also seems like it was an afterthought just like the car. Very basic. Extended mag, light, 1 silencer, 1 scope (which you cant actually use) and thats it... wow so extensive. No stocks, pistol grips, rails, sight options, flash hider/muzzle brake, bullets, all simple stuff that would make customizing a gun in a unique way fun. 

Also, am I the only one that would love to see a holster for the handgun so it doesn't just pop out of nowhere? When you pull the gun out he actually reaches for it and you can see it being taken out. You could even choose how you want to carry it. That would be something that would add SO much to the game IMO! I dont really care for carrying 12 guns at a time and having a minigun just pop out from my shirt. Even the gangsters in the game pull it out of their wasteband. Also, why cant we dual wield?

CenMan
  • CenMan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:19 PM

Yeah I really feel like Rockstar is leaving us no choice but to make this a primarily online game. If it wasn't for all of the online features listed above (which sound awesome) I would say this game was a huge let down. But I think if they pull the online off it could be awesome.

With that said, GTA has primarily been a single player game and they seem to be shifting in a different direction.

Yeah I'm not a big online player so I wish they'd added all those features in the single player too. I see no reason why we couldn't have pet shops, apartements, vehicle stats in the garage, etc. in the single player.

Jaycee201
  • Jaycee201

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

Mr Levrone

There is much more to see after the Campaign is done.

-Players can invest in their character through customizing their appearance,
improving their stats, owning customized vehicles, purchasing personal property, 
choosing their favourite weapons and vehicles and taking part in missions, jobs and activities.

-Players have the freedom to explore alone or with friends, work cooperatively to 
complete missions, band together to participate in activities and ambient events, or 
compete in traditional game modes.

-As progress is achieved through the world of GTA Online, players will be introduced 
to new characters, missions, rewards and such.

-A maximum of 16 players can be active at any one time as part of an online universe 
of hundreds of thousands competing to earn Reputation Points (RP), money and almost 
limitless material acquisition.

-As you speak into your headset, your GTA Online character will lip-sync broadly in time. 
When robbing a store, AI characters will react to the urgency in your voice, stuffing money 
more quickly in the bag.

-The Content Creator will allow players to create and share their own missions and activities via 
the Social Club cloud. Other players can beat your target times and scores, then rate your mission. 
You can even choose which creators you want to follow and curate your favourite missions.

-The Feed, a twitter-like program, appears on screen to relay all your emails, texts and messages 
from Social Club.

-Rockstar has no plans to sell Grand Theft Auto Online separately, and it doesn't require a code, 
online pass, or anything like that.

-The world of Grand Theft Auto Online will constantly grow and change as new content is added,
and at some stage GTA Online will head into new locations. Access to Grand Theft Auto Online is free 
with every retail copy of Grand Theft Auto V and launches on October 1st.

GTA_V_Online_4.jpg

-Your ranking will be based off of shooting, driving, parachuting and flying skills.

-People can access their data through Social Club and via their iPhones or iPads.

-There is a mode called "passive mode" which means you can't shoot people and 
they can't shoot you.

-A "Bad Sport" stat will be given for bad behaviour such as blowing up another 
player's car, and if it's done persistently you will be punished.

-If your multiplayer character at Max Payne 3 had a high level, it will be carried 
over to GTA: Online for more bonuses that you will unlock.

-Matchmaking is based off of ranking, so it prioritizes your friends' rankings, 
crewmembers' rankings and even strangers so that when you need people, 
you know who to get.

-GTA Online tracks who your rivals are and lets you know when they've come 
online so you can get some revenge on them.

-The camera will zoom out and pan away to your online character seamlessly. 
During the animation, a matchmaking process will be in progress.

-You can do almost anything you can do in single player in GTA Online.

-You can change weather, time of day, time you want it to rain or to be a certain 
weather state, radio station to be tuned at the start of the race or mission in the Content Creator.

-You can watch races and deathmatches on your apartment TV.

-There are masks to hide from the cops.

-The Online will be run on the Social Club servers, data will be stored on the cloud. 
There are data centers from NY to San Diego, and more Rockstar studios.

GTA-Online-customize.png

-You can assemble a team from your friends list, or recruit according to specialist skills. 
As you rob a liquor store or perform a heist, the team member that does the job gets 
the cash and can choose how much to share.

-It's possible to spread the wealth by sharing cash, weapons and ammo among your team. 
In turn, they can 'defect' and try to steal your cash.

-You can pick up your phone to 'ring' friends in single player and invite them into your 
world. Your friends will be listed under 'Contacts' on your phone.

-Set up challenges and post it to the Social Club and players can try and beat your 
score, if they beat your score -- you give them cash.

-For certain heists you might need certain weapons, vehicles or characters such as a sniper 
or a driver. This will also depend on the mission creator if you download the mission 
from the Social Club.

-Some missions are so complex they need plenty of good communication.

-There will be descriptions to help each character on its heist function.

-There is something called "team lives". If you have 4 team lives and 4 people, 
if everyone dies there will be 0 lives left, or if you die 4 times, the team will have 
0 lives left, which means if anyone dies, it's mission failed.

GTAV-c.jpg

-You start GTA: Online arriving to Los Santos penniless and you must complete a 
few missions first to get a feel of the online.

-There will be loads of property to buy at different prices, according to their views 
and location. You can use your in-house CCTV to spy on people at your front door, or 
take showers, surf the net, change clothes and watch the game's many TV channels.

-You can take out insurance and ring for a replacement car if yours gets destroyed.

-You can pay a personal mechanic to fix your cars automatically, or deliver them to 
any location.

-You can also check any vehicle's stats for speed, handling etc, before making your 
choice to purchase.

-You can watch real-time events such as police chases on your TV moments after you 
see them speed past your house.

-Your custom cars show as markers on the map and get impounded if you leave them 
too long. You can pay to retrieve them.

-You will be able to deposit your money into your bank account as often as you can. 
When another player kills you, they can snatch the wallet right from your dead body.

-You can switch between single player and online mode by selecting your multiplayer 
avatar from the character wheel.

-Passengers will be able to change the in-car radio, via a radio selection wheel similar 
to the weapons wheel.

-You will have contacts available at anytime that will provide different services on or 
off mission, as you rank higher you will have access to characters with new and 
stronger abilities. Examples of such are being hidden from the radar and setting a
bounty on another player if you're being chased.

-If you steal a vehicle, you can spray and change the plates. Some vehicle customisation 
businesses might not be willing to do that and you may get a wanted level.

-Weasel News will pick up people that have got wanted levels.

-There is a planning room in people's apartments.

-If you are in a heist and need some help, you can invite your friends and 
they will be teleported to you instantly.

-The experience is seamless between transitions for free-roam and missions.

-You can call up a private security firm to bring in an airstrike, i.e. destroy street races.

gta2.png

-Each mission requires a rank depending on difficulty and complexity. The bigger your 
rank, the more difficult the missions will be.

-There are around 700 missions in GTA Online. 500 will be available to play on release, 
as more will be added eventually.

-Missions will be ordered randomly as you play Online.

Reading your reply just made me jizz and reassured me of how addicting online will be just as much if not 100000X more than single player campaign :)

CenMan
  • CenMan

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:24 PM

"Driving made more arcadey after the feedback - people whinge that it's a step back from GTA IV"

Why couldn't they appeal to all by giving maybe 2 settings for driving? is it that difficult for such an extensive game?

Its not. It really seems like it was an afterthought. How long did it really take them to make that? Does the customization seem like something you would expect in 2013? There was more customization in SA for gods sake man! Why not any bullet proof/resistant glass for one thing?

There are more side activities I give you this. Yoga is a BS activity though lol, and to be honest there still really aren't a crap load. In a game like GTA which supposedly has unlimited options why have only a few activities. What is there? Yoga, golf, tennis, bar, strip club, parachute, race, rampage, hunting, darts? Am I missing any?

A crapload? really? Many of them are really useless to be honest and maintaining them is really not an issue as they ask for help once in a while. Doesn't really add much to the game IMHO. 

A ton of guns are added - People whinge because there's no difference in the guns (which, by the way, is bullsh*t).

This is something Im really serious about. The guns in this game are lame. Sorry its just a fact. Have you seen the gun models? Do they look excellent to you? How hard is it for a company like this to make realistic gun models? Seriously they remind me a lot of guns you would see in saints row, especially the handguns. I remember seeing videos where they were based off real guns? Maybe I was mistaken. The customization for the guns also seems like it was an afterthought just like the car. Very basic. Extended mag, light, 1 silencer, 1 scope (which you cant actually use) and thats it... wow so extensive. No stocks, pistol grips, rails, sight options, flash hider/muzzle brake, bullets, all simple stuff that would make customizing a gun in a unique way fun. 

And this guy is right. I really love the game, I think it's the best GTA so far, but in my opinion with all the potential they had, and all the money spent on it, there are some very genuine shortcomings in the single player. Like he said, SA had more car customization options. It's undeniable that the game has really taken steps back in some areas. Still, it has taken huge leaps forward in other areas and I enjoy playing it very much.

Hordriss
  • Hordriss

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:32 PM

Also, am I the only one that would love to see a holster for the handgun so it doesn't just pop out of nowhere? When you pull the gun out he actually reaches for it and you can see it being taken out. You could even choose how you want to carry it. That would be something that would add SO much to the game IMO! I dont really care for carrying 12 guns at a time and having a minigun just pop out from my shirt. Even the gangsters in the game pull it out of their wasteband. Also, why cant we dual wield?

You're complaining about what the guns look like?  I couldn't give a sh*t what they look like, as long as I can shoot people with them.  And what other customisation do you really need?  Extended mag, silencer.  Does the job for me.

And whilst the gun holster would look good, it's all just cosmetics which means nothing at the end of the day.

Dual wield I will give you, that would've been good.

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Everyone I know playing the game, thinks it's the best thing since jesus, it's sad that some people can't enjoy it but all this negativity isn't doing any good - it's not going to make Rockstar give you a pile of extras for free - and I don't think you'd ever be satisfied no matter how much extra content was added.

I'm sure during development people came up with new ideas every 5 minutes, but you can only add so many and they already extended the release. They couldn't release it later because next gen consoles are coming out and the game is already WELL WORTH the $60 compared to some of the other crap on the shelves these days.

The game is getting ratings of 9.5 and 10 out of 10 from most review houses.

Are there things that I wished were longer or improved? Yes, but it's still f'ing awesome, don't dwell on dumb s**t.

I really couldn't give a **** as to how photographically modeled the gun is. Christ, the consoles are already dropping to 20fps and you want more detailed textures. FFS, impossible.

Kendoyid
  • Kendoyid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

well said,so much fukin whining,the ones crying about lack of interiors is laughable aswell,if you could go in every building in gta you would only go in once & walk out again,oh yea that was fun.some people need to get a life & go out more if these things bother them so much. 

SpidersWeb
  • SpidersWeb

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:42 PM

LOL yes!

And GTA has always been about freedom - being able to do whatever you want - rather than doing one thing extremely well it tries to do as many things as possible as best they can. But some of these kids expect every damn aspect to be as extremely perfect and awesome and suit THEM perfectly that it's impossible.

Rest of your post was awesome as well. Just shows that no matter what you do, you'll have (what I guess are teenagers) moaning and complaining.

LWE112
  • LWE112

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

500 Missions ???? OH WHAT THA PHUCK! I hope they are not worth 3mins each......

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:08 PM Edited by lazedout, 23 September 2013 - 09:10 PM.

You're complaining about what the guns look like?  I couldn't give a sh*t what they look like, as long as I can shoot people with them.  And what other customisation do you really need?  Extended mag, silencer.  Does the job for me.

And whilst the gun holster would look good, it's all just cosmetics which means nothing at the end of the day.

Dual wield I will give you, that would've been good.

Of course I am! How does it not matter? The guns are probably the single most used tool in the game. If all of the cars had super mario cart skins would you be saying that? The point is, realism is a part of the game (though not the sole objective) and the way the guns look has a huge impact on how serious you can take the game. The guns looked better (model wise) in GTAIV, that is undeniable for the most part. 

Its not about what customization do I NEED, its about what I WANT. GTA is not about needs my friend you should know this. If it was I could argue you don't need the game in general. In a game with "endless possibilities", the possibilities should extend to all parts of the game. I already listed what I wanted. I want to be able to change out the stocks, the sights, the flash hider, pistol grips, maybe a laser, better color options (2 color options? really?) rails ect ect. Im a gun guy so maybe Im alone on this but to me its important.

And lastly regarding the holster. It wouldn't necessarily be cosmetic. They could work it into the game. Even if just cosmetic its just one more thing that would immerse you that much more. Thats like saying when you press Y (or Triangle for PS3) to get into a car, the animation for entering a car is just cosmetic.... Does it not add value and immersion to the game? Pressing the button to pull out your gun and actually seeing your guy reach and pull it out of the holster would be just awesome. I would personally be happy if you could carry just 1 rifle and 1 handgun. Rifle on a sling and handgun in a holster so when you switch to your sidearm you drop the rifle to a rest position and pull out the handgun. Maybe too realistic for some but something I would love personally. 

KemistiOMG
  • KemistiOMG

Science, Bitch!

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

people like you OP make me want to  :sui:

Mantonn
  • Mantonn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

-A "Bad Sport" stat will be given for bad behaviour such as blowing up another 
player's car, and if it's done persistently you will be punished.

Oh come on! Griefing and ganking is basically the only fun I have in multiplayer. Pissing others of is like what it's all about.

Prowessa
  • Prowessa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:19 PM Edited by Prowessa, 23 September 2013 - 09:21 PM.

At some points you're right, as example: The car damage and we can't do anything after we finished the story.
But you're able to choose if you want to do the heist on the smart way or the dumb and loud way. Ofcourse you aren't able to choose everything by yourself, like what your getaway is. (Like calling an helicopter and fly your way out of Los Santos)
And btw, as many others said. Gta Online is coming out 1st of October, this is THE solution for when you finished the story and don't know what to do next.

lazedout
  • lazedout

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:50 PM Edited by lazedout, 23 September 2013 - 09:55 PM.

Another fun fact I just noticed while playing. I emptied my 60 round AK magazine into the side of a car as it was moving. When I approached it, there were 2 bullet holes in the side of the car, LOL. And no its not because of my accuracy. Thats the kind of stuff Im talking about. This is 2013 and this is not acceptable IMO.

EDIT: I just did it again and this time it seemed to work.... 

EDIT: did it once more and they didnt show up. It seems if your any more than like 25 feet away it doesn't show up when you move closer lol... 

One cool thing I noticed was if you shoot the gas tank beneath the car you see gas pouring out and if you shoot it it ignites. 

Lukas Japonicus
  • Lukas Japonicus

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:14 PM Edited by Lukas Japonicus, 23 September 2013 - 10:15 PM.

Sigh, people take videogames for granted these days. We have a huge beautiful open world filled with amazing detail and activities galore. 3 brilliantly written characters and some truly epic missions but yet people still whine. Think about how lucky you are to be able to play videogames, let alone videogames as good as this one.

F*ck, this forum is the most depressing, whiny, entitled spoiled brat forum ive ever been on. 

• Kendoyid likes this

sultangris
  • sultangris

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

no matter what you do someone will complain.  little kids complain its too hard and seasoned experienced gamers complain its too easy, you cant please everyone all the time!  I do agree though, this forum does seem to have a large number of less than brilliant people.  Pretty sure its because they mostly very young and clueless.  there are 47 different thread with the same titles, they arent smart enough to post in one of the 3 that are already on the first page, they make a new one and everyone says everything all over again, lol! its quite ridiculous.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users