Photo

Franklin Investment missions. Fictional companies

5 replies to this topic
Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

So one of the first missions Lester sends Franklin on is an assassination of a guy that works for a competing firm for a company that makes the drug Mollus/molice? The company he says is called Beta Pharmaceuticals. Did i get this right because there is no such company on the exchange and so i lost a tremendous opportunity to make money here.

A second event that occured up in Malibu region. Some guys car broke down. The guy is dressed in a suit and needs a ride to the airport. He reveals during the ride that he is an equity analyst and knows about stocks. As I complete the mission adn drop him off he gives me a tip, invest in Tinkle. Well there is no such stock. There is only one stock on the index that starts with a T. 

2 tremendous opportunities to make money wasted. 

I killed the cigarette guy and invested in the competing company, starts with D, and made over 20k on the investment so this is quite a rewarding company but are half of these companies fictional or what exactly is going on here?

Also the Lifehacker mission was a lost opportunity. Lester mentioned investing in some other company but at the time i couldn't find it. Am i just being dense ?

PhilosophicalZebra
  • PhilosophicalZebra

No, that's not a Paul Smith coat.

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:26 PM

There are two stock exchanges. One is the BAWSAQ, and the other is the LCN exchange. Betta Pharmaceuticals is only on the BAWSAQ, and the same goes for Tinkle. You must be on the wrong stock exchange, bud.  :lol:  

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:20 AM

There are two stock exchanges. One is the BAWSAQ, and the other is the LCN exchange. Betta Pharmaceuticals is only on the BAWSAQ, and the same goes for Tinkle. You must be on the wrong stock exchange, bud.  :lol:  

But i can't get on the BAWSAQ. It's been down. Other people have reported BAWSAQ being down as well so i figured it was some online thing. What the hell is going on ?

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

But i can't get on the BAWSAQ. It's been down. Other people have reported BAWSAQ being down as well so i figured it was some online thing. What the hell is going on ?

You have to be online to access BAWSAQ. That said, GTA V online is not required to get BAWSAQ because there are people who can access it now, and online hasn't even come out yet.

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:02 AM Edited by Rafe, 22 September 2013 - 01:02 AM.

You have to be online to access BAWSAQ. That said, GTA V online is not required to get BAWSAQ because there are people who can access it now, and online hasn't even come out yet and i dont' have a save that goes back this far. 

I wish they had warned me. I lost a ton of money to opportunity costs because of this. 

Kevstyle
  • Kevstyle

True City Killers Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:53 AM

You have to be online to access BAWSAQ. That said, GTA V online is not required to get BAWSAQ because there are people who can access it now, and online hasn't even come out yet and i dont' have a save that goes back this far. 

I wish they had warned me. I lost a ton of money to opportunity costs because of this. 

Yeah, they should say LCN is the Offline stocks market and BAWSAQ is the Online stock market (and offline when during Lester missions) :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users