Photo

The Appreciation Thread.

7 replies to this topic
Jack Parkinson
  • Jack Parkinson

Old School GTA player.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Although some of us may have expected more or not wanted anything removed (from previous versions). I gotta say GTAV is the gift that keeps on giving in a comedic sense.So i thought maybe a thread for some GTA Appreciation is in order. Basically just a place to compile all the cool sh*t. Iv not played GTAV as far on in as a lot of you seem to be but i tend to exhaust all my interactions and re-do missions until i have them Gold before i move onto the next stage. But heres a few things that im appreciating thus far (and so far iv only got as far as buying the airstrip and completing the first few Trevor missions)....

Radio: Plenty people seem to be saying the soundtrack aint as good as previous.I disagree. As always the tunes grow on you with repetition  Im digging all the radio stations. Im really loving the fact that an apt tune comes on seemingly co-incidentally. For example,when i leave the home of the stripper (who i suspect is a man)and get in my ride then the song that comes on is "skeletons in your closet" and the lyrics were too funny.In fact this pretty much made me thin it was a dude.Then the text msg i got saying "she" wanted to go on top next time made me suspect too.Iv not been back for second helpings thus far lol.

TV/Movies:  As always the tv channels are great and i can spend ages just sitting watching them as i have a smoke and a beer. The cinema is great,i say watching the film about the British Robot from the Sarcasm Factory truly appreciating the greatness of the GTA animation & dialogue team. 

WEED: I love the fact GTA has recognized that 'stoners' are their best customers and biggest fans.The knowing nods from Rockstar in the game are great. The Alien and other mini games that arise via the smoking of weed are great as is the fact you can buy and own MMJ dispensaries etc.

Storyline: Best yet. Love the way they have developed and written these characters and the plot line to GTAV. Top Job by Rockstar! Also like the fact that decision we make affect the way the storyline progresses.

Cars/Customization: As usual the customization and the cars are gnarly.Top Drawer! The comet is my fav car once its fully customized to my liking,it handles better than any car in the game (for me anyways). I love the fact that favourites like the the Blista Compact have been given a new lease of life too. All in all id say theres NOTHING they could do to improve the cars..... although theres a few customization options they could still add or improve but thats me just being moany!

Special Abilities: Love the fact they have given special abilites such as Trevors limited damage Rage ability or Franklins driving slow mo. I would like Rockstar to expand on this in future games.

Im not as far into the game as most so im hoping for some new surprises along the way. But whats some of the cool things other people like thats not necessarily crucial to the gameplay?Cheers :^: 

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

WEED: I love the fact GTA has recognized that 'stoners' are their best customers and biggest fans.The knowing nods from Rockstar in the game are great. The Alien and other mini games that arise via the smoking of weed are great as is the fact you can buy and own MMJ dispensaries etc.

Nope.

Jack Parkinson
  • Jack Parkinson

Old School GTA player.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:01 PM

Each to their own i guess but with Weed now becoming both medicinally and recreationally legal in more and more places then its something that needs to be there. Personally i like the fact they are recognizing that Weed is now becoming mainstream in society among young AND old, and that its a MEDICINE also. Playing GTA V while 'medicated' is a whole new level of appreciation . :cookie:  

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:08 PM

Weed is a big part of L.A and always has been. That's the reason its there. It has nothing to do with it's recent legalization in places, nor the idea that the majority of their fan-base are weed smokers. Mainly because that's an absolutely ridiculous idea, and to be quite frank, anybody that thinks it's cool that they smoke weed needs a reality check and needs to grow up.

But hey, let's not start a an argument between the smart guys and the silly guys.

Jack Parkinson
  • Jack Parkinson

Old School GTA player.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:17 AM Edited by Jack Parkinson, 22 September 2013 - 02:19 AM.

Smoking Weed is a lifestyle choice for recreational or medicinal use in the same way people think "having a drink" is cool. Alcohol is a legal poison,Weed is a (partially) illegal medicinal Herb,i know what one is cool.Only reason people give it the whole "anybody that thinks its cool needs to grow up" is cause they behind the times and have been conditioned to believe its a drug. Weed is legal in parts of Europe and USA ,legal to buy,legal to get high.Id say thats pretty cool that common sense is starting to prevail. Weed fights cancer,that IS cool. If you dont like Weed then you wont like the future.Anyways no big deal,forget what forum im on sometimems

GTASuspectOnFoot
  • GTASuspectOnFoot

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:26 AM

I like the weapon wheel and the ability to keep customized guns, and more than one of each type.

Sting4S
  • Sting4S

High Roller

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

The soundtrack is awesome! West Coast Classics, Los Santos Rock Radio, are Non Stop Pop my favorite stations. Favorite songs so far:

• Some song called Here Comes the Rain -- its rock
  • Mind's Playin Tricks on Me
  • Gin n Juice
  • Just too much to list :D

Jack Parkinson
  • Jack Parkinson

Old School GTA player.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:47 AM Edited by Jack Parkinson, 22 September 2013 - 02:47 AM.

The radio stations,tv channels and cinema are immense! The online mode looks like its gonna be "The One".. All the things we feel the game lacks i think will be more than addressed in Online mode.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=olEGtoYs_8A

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users