Photo

does anyone miss liberty city?

184 replies to this topic
RichG
  • RichG

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

Kind of strange for self-proclaimed GTA "fans" to think that Liberty City, the premier city of the GTA universe, sucked. I mean, I don't miss it right now because I'm heavily invested in Los Santos, however, to deny what an achievement it was to recreate New York with such accuracy is mildly offensive. What's boring, IMHO, is wanting the same exact thing for every game; Only bright, shiny places set in a contemperary setting, now that's lame. Ironic, also, is how everyone was psyched to see snow. Snow covered areas aren't exactly colorful. But, to each their own, I suppose.

• Raspy, GTAspotter and Constantine7 like this

ordohereticus92
  • ordohereticus92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

dont panic rockstar will add it into the game eventually im just curious to how we get there i mean do we fly there or ?

What makes you think Rockstar would add it, I'm curious?  No disrespect but it makes no sense at all for them to put time into putting LC in Gta online because the majority of people won't be going there when there's so much to do in SA. I don't see them adding LC.

While I don't see them adding LC into the online, I wouldn't rule out Rockstar finding a way to have more than one city in future games - especially with the next gen consoles.

SchwartzJesuz
  • SchwartzJesuz

CPH Ultras

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

GTA IV was just so grey and colorless.. The entire State of San Andreas is alot better.

Points2l7O223
  • Points2l7O223

P I L O T

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

http://www.bitly.com/17cKyEL

oCrapaCreeper
  • oCrapaCreeper

Thug

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:08 PM Edited by oCrapaCreeper, 22 September 2013 - 11:08 PM.

Only thing I'll be missing about it is the airport, a lot of funny sh*t happened there during MP. But I have no doubt that the airport will become a main attraction in GTA online, possibly even more popular now that we have planes.  

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

IV had that GTA feeling and the city had atmosphere although you couldnt do much.

I miss that in V. Doesnt feel like GTA somehow. Doesnt has to be a bad thing for some people.

MisterFR3SH
  • MisterFR3SH

Liberty is Love, Liberty is Life.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

I do miss Liberty City, not because of the grey dull weather or the worn out streets, but for the story line, I thought it was one of the best story lines I (Remeber that "I") have ever played. Compared to GTA V's story line, I did prefer GTA IV's story line, it may of been repetitive but I did prefer to meet characters along the way instead of meeting with characters you already knew. But hey, that's just me. GTA V > GTA IV except the story mode for me.

Proletariat
  • Proletariat

Vice City ain't a Nice City

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

Looks like poeple should be saying GTA IV is better. They keep on bitching about GTA V's driving physics when in all reality it's SOO much better than GTA IV's.

lolzz19
  • lolzz19

Peon

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Noooo, and hopefully if R* adds more to the world it will not be LC.

....Lets hope for North Yankton

Woll Smoth
  • Woll Smoth

Street Cat

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

I do kind of miss it though. The city at night looks absolutely beautiful. Looking at it through the first person view in the taxi was amazing!

gzam1312
  • gzam1312

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

Nice place to visit

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:05 AM

I personally miss Liberty City a lot.

A lot of people on here are just like, "Hey if you miss it so much then just play IV, blah, blah...", but it's not just a case of putting it in your Xbox/PS3/PC again and playing, when people say they 'miss' it they mean that it is a little hard to accept that it has been replaced and it is no longer this amazing, exciting new experience like it once was, although its like 6 years old now for me at least it was the greatest game ever and I remember when it came out I was in such awe of the city it was unreal, i had never seen anything on this scope in a GTA game, the whole thing was amazing and now it has just suddenly been replaced in an instant, It stood the test of time (and still does) so well and since V was released it has all of a sudden become nostalgic to even think about it, at least for me. I popped it in for some multiplayer action the other night and after a huge firefight at Francis Intl. Airport I took a Super GT and went for a spin around the city on my own remembering all the fun times I've had there, even noticing things I had forgotten and even a few small things such as NPC actions/conversations/events that I had never seen before, it still had surprises for me. I was playing it but I missed it at the same time.

I really hope they don't have Liberty City as DLC for Grand Theft Auto V Multiplayer, If I want to play in Liberty City then yeah as so many have suggested I will put IV in the Xbox and I will play it but I will still miss it. 

GTA V is in no way perfect but I still like the game but for me IV is a better game, just personal preference. What I do find funny though is the people on here complaining about GTA IV and Liberty are probably people who LOVED it when it first came out, are we forgetting GTA IV was a 10/10 game pretty much across the board? Either that or they are the San Andreas fanboys (I never got into SA at all and it is my least favourite, it got ridiculous with the jetpacks etc. in my opinion)

Anyway that's my two cents and back to the original point, I miss Liberty City and all its splendor and offerings, even though I am still playing it, anyone who starts throwing insults at my opinion and the opinions of others on the matter is an emotional retard and obviously the games have never had a big impact on them like they have with the people who take in every little detail and appreciate everything that's gone into it, not saying there isn't any flaws, far from it, but still... GTA V has a lot to live up to, especially once online is open for business, shoot-outs and the airport are never gonna be the same. the map is too huge for 16 players to have a decent free mode war, everyone will be so spread out, liberty city was just right....

• GTAspotter and Flashify like this

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:10 AM

I do, I miss all the old characters, even Roman and his bowling fetish.

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

I personally miss Liberty City a lot.

A lot of people on here are just like, "Hey if you miss it so much then just play IV, blah, blah...", but it's not just a case of putting it in your Xbox/PS3/PC again and playing, when people say they 'miss' it they mean that it is a little hard to accept that it has been replaced and it is no longer this amazing, exciting new experience like it once was, although its like 6 years old now for me at least it was the greatest game ever and I remember when it came out I was in such awe of the city it was unreal, i had never seen anything on this scope in a GTA game, the whole thing was amazing and now it has just suddenly been replaced in an instant, It stood the test of time (and still does) so well and since V was released it has all of a sudden become nostalgic to even think about it, at least for me. I popped it in for some multiplayer action the other night and after a huge firefight at Francis Intl. Airport I took a Super GT and went for a spin around the city on my own remembering all the fun times I've had there, even noticing things I had forgotten and even a few small things such as NPC actions/conversations/events that I had never seen before, it still had surprises for me. I was playing it but I missed it at the same time.

I really hope they don't have Liberty City as DLC for Grand Theft Auto V Multiplayer, If I want to play in Liberty City then yeah as so many have suggested I will put IV in the Xbox and I will play it but I will still miss it. 

GTA V is in no way perfect but I still like the game but for me IV is a better game, just personal preference. What I do find funny though is the people on here complaining about GTA IV and Liberty are probably people who LOVED it when it first came out, are we forgetting GTA IV was a 10/10 game pretty much across the board? Either that or they are the San Andreas fanboys (I never got into SA at all and it is my least favourite, it got ridiculous with the jetpacks etc. in my opinion)

Anyway that's my two cents and back to the original point, I miss Liberty City and all its splendor and offerings, even though I am still playing it, anyone who starts throwing insults at my opinion and the opinions of others on the matter is an emotional retard and obviously the games have never had a big impact on them like they have with the people who take in every little detail and appreciate everything that's gone into it, not saying there isn't any flaws, far from it, but still... GTA V has a lot to live up to, especially once online is open for business, shoot-outs and the airport are never gonna be the same. the map is too huge for 16 players to have a decent free mode war, everyone will be so spread out, liberty city was just right....

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:12 AM

I miss LC, I knew every sight of that city. I feel lost in San Andreas. But until I get to master the state, I'll be happier. I need to learn for GTAO

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

This

Flashify
  • Flashify

IV IS STILL KING

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

This

Lil Jacob's smoke pouring out the windows while driving along... :lol:

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:33 AM

This

Lil Jacob's smoke pouring out the windows while driving along... :lol:

hell yeah. One thing i will really miss was GTA IV that actually stopped once mods came along and everyone started playing with friendly fire switched off on console versions was everyone in all-out war in Free Mode trying to grab a helicopter while some troll on a roof kept blowing them up with the RPG that spawned on the roof of the airport. Annoying at the time but actually had a great time in retrospect.

Also miss the physics of LC as well (controversial topic lol) speeding across the bridge on the way to the airport and slamming into another car causing me to flip several times before rolling to a halt with only half a car left! Damn fun times! I hate in V that when you crash you come to a complete halt and honest to god I haven't once had a car set on fire and explode while driving in V. Only time a vehicle blew up with me inside it was a plane that got hit by the military flying over the airbase.

gta513
  • gta513

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

No

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:45 AM

GTA4 was boring 

iDaNfL
  • iDaNfL

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Nope.

Not at all!

Raspy
  • Raspy

Driver

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:00 AM

Kind of strange for self-proclaimed GTA "fans" to think that Liberty City, the premier city of the GTA universe, sucked. I mean, I don't miss it right now because I'm heavily invested in Los Santos, however, to deny what an achievement it was to recreate New York with such accuracy is mildly offensive. What's boring, IMHO, is wanting the same exact thing for every game; Only bright, shiny places set in a contemperary setting, now that's lame. Ironic, also, is how everyone was psyched to see snow. Snow covered areas aren't exactly colorful. But, to each their own, I suppose.

This.

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

man, this thread is giving me the creep vibes.

Kaster
  • Kaster

Chant Hare Krishna and be Happy!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

i know its too soon but i miss knowing where everything is, also i miss that gritty but polished feeling that liberty city had, hopefully they'll add it online, does anybody else pheel me?

will they add LC on line? Show proof

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

man, this thread is giving me the creep vibes.

Why? Because some people are able to form normal attachments and feelings towards things that they like and enjoy and miss them when there are gone?

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

Little Jacob, best thing in LC

dro0001
  • dro0001

Fo Shizzle

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

I miss Liberty CIty, it is way better than the boring Los Santos.

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

I miss Liberty CIty, it is way better than the boring Los Santos.

this

HITMAN1342
  • HITMAN1342

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by HITMAN1342, 23 September 2013 - 03:00 AM.

I don't miss it quite yet, as LS is still so fresh again (And it seems people are taking this for granted). Soon enough I'll want me some Liberty City again. I just loved the whole atmosphere of LC, it's something LS can never capture as 2/3 of the map is barren and dead.

Oh, and LS has no swingset! xD

CarlosNarco
  • CarlosNarco

SQUAAAAAD

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

No I can't stand LC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users