The LCN stock market..

38 replies to this topic
Useemerollinuhatin
  • Useemerollinuhatin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Hello there!

After completing the game and not having enough cash to buy anything good i decided to research the LCN stock market, from this forum I have came to the realisation that the LCN is just a gamble (no way to influence it) after completing the story mode.

I decided to start the story mode again but with a difference... I would obviously leave a certain persons missions till the end of the game but I would pay more attention to the stock market based on the missions I was doing, the result appears to be a working LCN stock market.

In short, for the tldr people.

LCN stock market only works while in story mode via ALL missions that invole a company.

I'm testing it as I play through, so far I've spotted one glaring oppertunity to make huge amounts of $$$ through normal out of mission trading.

Anyone care to test my theory?

jonc24
  • jonc24

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

What is the opportunity you mention? No spoilers if possible!

Useemerollinuhatin
  • Useemerollinuhatin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:42 PM

Involves the first major heist, only clue I'll give to avoid spoiling it.
  • Wojtowicz likes this

jonc24
  • jonc24

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:22 PM

Ah! Never thought of that! I've only done the first heist so I'll keep this in mind for the rest! I presume you're buying stocks in the competitors of the companies you hit?

Useemerollinuhatin
  • Useemerollinuhatin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by Useemerollinuhatin, 21 September 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Doing the Trevor missions atm so I can't get Mike or franklin just now. Once I get back to them I can resume my testing.

It would make sense tho, invest in LCN while in story then BAWSAQ after story.. Just BAWSAQ doesn't work due to online not launching yet??

Useemerollinuhatin
  • Useemerollinuhatin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:29 PM

My first investment will mature as the storyline plays out...

iownzz
  • iownzz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

dont do any lester mission before you complete the story , after that play lester's assassination mission and you will make about 130m+ on each character.

ballen205
  • ballen205

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

dont do any lester mission before you complete the story , after that play lester's assassination mission and you will make about 130m+ on each character.

Just another reason why I'm starting over.

Useemerollinuhatin
  • Useemerollinuhatin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:38 PM

Yeah in saving those missions as part of the plan I have.

Can anyone tell me does the burger place "up-n-atom" have any place in the storyline? Or was mentioned throughout? (Might wanna spoiler the answer out) I can't remember.

Philminator
  • Philminator

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

so destroying a bunch of cars won't help Augury Insurance stock to go up?

jonc24
  • jonc24

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

If anything, that would make their stocks go down as they've had pay out a fortune on insurance claims!

Philminator
  • Philminator

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:48 PM

If anything, that would make their stocks go down as they've had pay out a fortune on insurance claims!

I was thinking that too, see for  years I go to cheatcc.com for cheat codes and tips, and they said if you buy Augury stocks and destroy cars like crazy you stock would go up :( Im sad cuz I finished the game and I only have 28 million on each character. There\s no way for me to buy golf course ect.

Useemerollinuhatin
  • Useemerollinuhatin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:41 PM

Nobody remember if "up n atom" burger place is mentioned in the main story?

Lord of the Flies
  • Lord of the Flies

Some are more equal than others

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:54 PM

I'm starting a new game too, to save the assassination missions until after the last heist. Quite frustrating because I was looking forward to tackling 100% completion after having done the story missions, but I don't expect it to be too bad because I can do things differently.

iMaxPrime
  • iMaxPrime

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:15 PM

Nobody remember if "up n atom" burger place is mentioned in the main story?

Pretty sure it isn't, from what I can remember

Useemerollinuhatin
  • Useemerollinuhatin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Trying to workout why a successful company is worthless by the end of the game? There must be some reason?

Elesdee1487
  • Elesdee1487

God's Gift To Women

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:47 PM

I don't understand why everyone wants to buy the golf course. It is the worst investment anyone can make. The income for that business is a joke, I just take my chances on the stock market. I've been doing fine, even after the Lester missions I still make money off of stocks.
  • AciD2025 likes this

xDecrypted
  • xDecrypted

LOST KINGS

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:02 PM

I've done one assassination mission for Lester I'm really hoping that it wont affect the me as much but I won't get as much no more you guys think it will affect it big time since i've done one Lester mission??

army_rizzle
  • army_rizzle

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:05 PM

How many lester missions are there? Ive done 4 or 5. I will now stop lol

Useemerollinuhatin
  • Useemerollinuhatin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:29 PM Edited by Useemerollinuhatin, 21 September 2013 - 10:34 PM.

There isn't many Lester missions tbh.

The reason everyone wants the golf course is because you complete the game, see that it costs 150 million and that your bank balance is only a fraction of that amount... It then makes you think there must be something I've still do to to make up that 150+ million...

The sad reality is once story mode finishes it's like slamming a brick wall, the game basically dies after you finish off the few stranger missions.

Surely R* didn't leave such a huge flaw in there game?

I could make 200 million on my completed game save file but the problem is that I can only make maybe 2 million at a time and it takes awhile. There is very little things to actually do while u let ur money grow!!

Useemerollinuhatin
  • Useemerollinuhatin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by Useemerollinuhatin, 21 September 2013 - 10:32 PM.

Double post

Dirtmonkey01
  • Dirtmonkey01

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

Sorry if it's a stupid question but do you have to invest in the opposition of the company involved in Lester's missions then sell afterwards?
Thanks

Useemerollinuhatin
  • Useemerollinuhatin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:49 PM

If you listen to what he says in the convo before the mission starts it tells you which way to invests :)

army_rizzle
  • army_rizzle

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:56 PM

And dont sell straight away. Wait a day or two.

MarkGTAV
  • MarkGTAV

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:15 PM

Its really disappointing that investing during the assassination missions makes or breaks your save. There needs to be higher rewards at end game.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

As soon as you unlock Trevor, try and look for the fleece bank shop near his safehouse. But just before that, go to LCN and buy maze bank stocks. Then go to fleece bank and destroy that shop completely and the stocks ALWAYS go up, you will only notice it going a bit down once or twice, but it never goes to red. It goes up slowly slowly though.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

I bought Life Invader stocks after 'Friend Request', thinking that they must go up. They've continued to drop. Do they go back up?

SpiderMight
  • SpiderMight

Cleo Modder/YouTuber

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

As soon as you unlock Trevor, try and look for the fleece bank shop near his safehouse. But just before that, go to LCN and buy maze bank stocks. Then go to fleece bank and destroy that shop completely and the stocks ALWAYS go up, you will only notice it going a bit down once or twice, but it never goes to red. It goes up slowly slowly though.

thanks for the info man cool

MarkGTAV
  • MarkGTAV

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

LifeInvader stocks never recover

Philminator
  • Philminator

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

how do you destroy a shop? when you toss grenades at buildings nothing much happens in terms of damage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users