Photo

Are most of the people on this forum legitimately disappointed in GTA

75 replies to this topic
jums300
  • jums300

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Scrolling through the forums, you kind of get that vibe. Did it disappoint me? NO!  I'd give it a 9.7. The game is massive and beautiful and there's tons to do.  What were you guys expecting?  

GTAATGGTA
  • GTAATGGTA

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Two words : interiors

kipakolonyasi
  • kipakolonyasi

Homie

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

disappointed at first. lloving it now.

spamtackey
  • spamtackey

Business Socks

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

Disappointed? Probably.

Do they hate the game? Unlikely.

Being disappointed isn't the same thing as hating a game. I'm only just halfway through the main story and there is still a ton of stuff for me to do and I'm having a blast. 

Do I complain about the things that bug me? Yes. Do I like the game? Yes. They're not mutually exclusive. ;)

• Raspy, GKP and Bobbyleez like this

truthful
  • truthful

The truthful

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

I am NOT disappointed with the game.

They did change/remove a lot. But this is a BRAND NEW GTA. The changes will take some getting used to.

Yeah, there's some negative criticism here and there, but I absolutely adore this game as a whole.

People WILL learn to love and WILL love the game.

• MOGGYASAURUS likes this

Sambuka1989
  • Sambuka1989

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

Have Rockstar lied and purposely misled everyone?

Yes.

Am I disappointed?

Yes.

Does that mean the game is sh*t and I will refuse to play it?

No.
  • GKP likes this

SnapChap
  • SnapChap

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

The trend I've noticed is that the hardcore elite (that sit on forums all day) are disappointed, the casual gamer (who has a life) is happy with it.

There are a couple of individual things that I'm disappointed about, but overall I'm very happy. What we also have to bare in mind is that while GTAV is a finished product, GTA Online will be an ever evolving monster, so the little things that niggle us (in the online version) will most probably change.

• ImpotentRage likes this

ImpotentRage
  • ImpotentRage

Judgemental Hypocrite

• Members

My only issues are lack of interiors, unable to buy safehouses (understandable), and lack of AA.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

I'm kinda disappointed with some aspects. The lack of interiors, the removal of Burger Shot and Cluckin' Bell, the absence of a chainsaw, katana, or flamethrower... But GTAV is a great game, a lot better then GTAIV. I do love it. It's just not perfect.

• Jack Parkinson likes this

KillEmAll
  • KillEmAll

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

Disappointed in the radio stations, interiors, gang wars, and lack of more things to do. But overall I still love it. Much improved over that garbage GTA4.

ImpotentRage
  • ImpotentRage

Judgemental Hypocrite

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:09 PM Edited by ImpotentRage, 21 September 2013 - 06:12 PM.

The trend I've noticed is that the hardcore elite (that sit on forums all day) are disappointed, the casual gamer (who has a life) is happy with it.

I've always hated statements like this.

I collect cars because I have a strong passion for it. I would say a good 1/8 of my income every year goes towards it. I would also say that a good 1/4 of my day, every day, goes towards driving them at the track, etc.

Does that mean I have no life? I don't think so.

Just because someone has an interest or passion for something, doesn't mean they have no life. And who are you to decide what having a life is?

Judgemental assholes that sh*t on other peoples passions destroy progress and promote antisocial behavior.

Not necessarily directed towards you, SnapChap. I agreed with your post mostly.

• Hypertenzion, Bobbyleez and UltraGizmo64 like this

jums300
  • jums300

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Yeah.  I see a big rift in opinions when you compare the posts on the GTA Forums and then go to the GTAV Reddit page.  

topdownshooter
  • topdownshooter

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

Internet forums are easily manipulated. In the real world it's a different story.
  • blackbriar likes this

Hypertenzion
  • Hypertenzion

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

I've always hated statements like this.

I collect cars because I have a strong passion for it. I would say a good 1/8 of my income every year goes towards it. I would also say that a good 1/4 of my day, every day, goes towards driving them at the track, etc.

Does that mean I have no life? I don't think so.

Just because someone has an interest or passion for something, doesn't mean they have no life. And who are you to decide what having a life is?

Judgemental assholes that sh*t on other peoples passions destroy progress and promote antisocial behavior.

Not necessarily directed towards you, SnapChap. I agreed with your post mostly.

You sir, deserve a big :cookie: !

• Raspy likes this

SunnySingh
  • SunnySingh

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:35 PM

doing stuff like that never disappoints me LOOOL

SiNisTer1080p
  • SiNisTer1080p

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:36 PM

Do I enjoy the game? Yes I'm really loving it and finding a lot to do.

Am I disappointed? Yes I think a few things are missed from other games, which would make it more awesome. But then again we have not played the whole game yet as people keep forgetting.

blackbriar
  • blackbriar

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

loving the game myself. :panic:

ThatOneDork
  • ThatOneDork

Full of Surprises

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

I personally think that having the three protagonists messes up the scope of the game. With being able to play as three, it just doesn't seem like you're accomplishing much. And you're pretty much living the GTA king lifestyle with Michael that would be normally reserved for the end of the game. It all just seems very skewed and just plain boring, considering you're not really working for anything but properties that give somewhat tedious little errands. I know someone is going to flame me for this, but why didn't they just make one of the three the main character? It would have allowed the story to have been fleshed out even more, and then maybe the second half of the main story arch in the game wouldn't have felt so rushed to tie up some ends.

As a player myself personally, I want to feel the progression and the sense of moving up in the virtual world. That's an incentive to play for, and makes you feel as if you're playing for something. All the GTA's with rags to riches stories seem to be the highest regarded games in the series by people on this very board, which should tell you something right there. GTA V is a great game with wonderful mechanics and a huge world, but for me the soul of the game just isn't there.

oddity-1991
  • oddity-1991

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:49 PM

GTA V is a great game with wonderful mechanics and a huge world, but for me the soul of the game just isn't there.

Yeah I'd somewhat agree with that. Rockstar led me to expect something a lot more than what it really is.

• Hypertenzion likes this

Gray1088gta
  • Gray1088gta

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:16 PM

Im not dissapointed in the game its self its a masterpiece, i love the world and everything you can do in it. The only thing that stops me saying R* made the most perfect and best game to date and the thing that has really upset me is the dam driving physics! There awfull if only they had left them the same as IV it would be perfect IVs physics would have made V perfect in every way R* could have done it but for some reason let some clown who spent too much time playing saints row mess with the physics! and that is upsetting!

Cyfa
  • Cyfa

Paid In Full

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:43 PM

Only disappointed in the lack of mansions to buy, and no 'no cops' cheat.

• Cakemaphoneige likes this

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:46 PM

Im not too sure how I feel at the moment, some things disappoint me but others have me mind blown.

bmarshall15
  • bmarshall15

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Ima bit dissapointed in the single player, but i think the online portion will absolve that issue in the long run.

Savo7en
  • Savo7en

Prankster

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

not disappointed by any means. Interiors? no thanks, I play GTA to steal cars, drive around and shoot people, not go into a shop to buy snacks and drinks.

• deyessorc likes this

Jack Parkinson
  • Jack Parkinson

Old School GTA player.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

You know where you are with GTA. I think a lot of people expected a whole lot more but the game offers everything we need.If the game wasnt going to innovate new stuff then fair enough,dont fix whats not broken. But theres a whole host of stuff thats been removed as has been mentioned in this thread previously. On the whole this is the sequal we SHOULD have had to GTA SanAndreas. The fact its now gonna have an ONLINE mode i guess is the progress. Problem is when you make a game thats the best...Its hard to beat that and raise the bar each time. Rocksar deserve all the money they make from this game cos they have delivered the best roaming experience since San Andreas. The maps huge and immense,the characters & storyline are good too. Theres few things i would add or even few things from previous versions i wouldnt have taken out. But compared to a host of other games out there who just take our money and offer little to nothing new or innovative in return,then GTA HAS delivered yet again. Top Game,welcome back GTA :^:

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm kinda disappointed with some aspects. The lack of interiors, the removal of Burger Shot and Cluckin' Bell, the absence of a chainsaw, katana, or flamethrower... But GTAV is a great game, a lot better then GTAIV. I do love it. It's just not perfect.

Thesea re the only things that I'm let down by, minus interiors. I could give a sh*t less about interiors. 

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

The game is not sh*t but it is not as good as IV and SA.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:00 PM

Enjoying SP very much, but will enjoy the Interiors in MP even more! :)

1st October here we come!

Powner811
  • Powner811

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

My only issues are lack of interiors, unable to buy safehouses (understandable), and lack of AA.

From all the streams and walktroughts i've seen they were able to buy safe houses and all of them were enterable, bussines arent enterable but who gives a sh*t, what is AA? And sure about interiors, but dont you think that sh*tty consoles cant handle that?

LTA1992
  • LTA1992

The Fanged Brave, KyoryuRed

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:03 PM

Two words : interiors

How the f*ck is that two words?

• mariana_dm1989 and Jack Parkinson like this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users