• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic
THBP
  • THBP

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:55 PM

Hello friends. I bring my suggestions for DYOM v8 or future versions of it. Since I started creating my missions, I realized I was missing something else to create them, then I drew up a list of suggestions for the new version, or future versions. I do not know if they are possible, but would like to know your opinions and opinions of the creators. Here are:

- Increase the capacity of objetives and actors per mission (at least 200);
- Increase the capacity of missions per storylines (at least 100 missions);
- Secondary missions for storylines (example,  speak on the phone or create cutscenes OUT of the missions);
- Possibility to give why the mission has failed (those letters under the "Mission failed");
- "Object like objetive": You need to destroy an object to fulfill the purpose (example, those buttons that open gates in the missions of San Andreas);
- "Actor objective" (follow actor): Here you would have to follow the actor, not kill him;

- Improvement in routes of cars, motorcycles, helicopters and planes, do not know if it would be possible but in creating these routes, spawn a test car / motorcycle / helicopter / airplane to do the route, not marking the route with "n";

- Creation of routes for trains and trams;
- Introduction text (those little boxes on the top left of the screen) can be placed at any time of the mission;
- Edit player abilities (respect, skill with weapons, sex appeal, ...) during the storyline, and missions require certain capabilities;
- Objectives like "crouch" or "aim in characters";
- Secondary Objectives: Creating dialogs while you have to go to a checkpoint or checkpoints invisible while you chase an actor who must kill, or friends who come to help during a shootout against enemies;
- Possibility to put "end credits" in the storyline, coming up with the fine equal to GTA San Andreas;
- Cutscene able to follow the player / actor, now do not stop following him, but going along with him;
- Create actors with parachute and jetpack;
- Actors leave the car in motion;
- Finish with some bugs, like crash when placing the object "fire" or when we "hide" actor in an actor who is "must survive" (when we do that, the mission fails);
- Animations for the player: Player can do animations in cutscenes or out of then, like jump, walk, go inside an car and follow some rout, and others.

If I go remembering more, I will post here. Do not know if it's here, if you let me know that I post elsewhere.

Grateful, THBP

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

First

There is a topic already where you can say your suggestions for a "possible" next DYOM version...

Second

A half of the suggestions you proposed can be possible to make with the existing DYOM features...

For example: Follow actor objetive; you can put an invisible checkpoint at the end of an actor route :) or Crouch or Aim, you can put a Timeout and say that the player must do that thing :)

And a few will make a several change in DYOM interface, like making secondary missions, or the text for Mission Failed; because you have to script and add lots of things that may change the actual interface, and probably, make it harder to design missions; and it may be impossible too :p

But apart from that, the most of the suggestions are really good ideas... like fixing bugs, increasing capacity and a quicker way to make vehicle or actor routes :3

THBP
  • THBP

DYOM Designer

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

First

There is a topic already where you can say your suggestions for a "possible" next DYOM version...

Second

A half of the suggestions you proposed can be possible to make with the existing DYOM features...

For example: Follow actor objetive; you can put an invisible checkpoint at the end of an actor route :) or Crouch or Aim, you can put a Timeout and say that the player must do that thing :)

And a few will make a several change in DYOM interface, like making secondary missions, or the text for Mission Failed; because you have to script and add lots of things that may change the actual interface, and probably, make it harder to design missions; and it may be impossible too :p

But apart from that, the most of the suggestions are really good ideas... like fixing bugs, increasing capacity and a quicker way to make vehicle or actor routes :3

So...

On the "follow" actor, then we redefine suggestion: Put an arrow on the actor, be it red for enemies or blue for friends.
Crouch and aim objetives, well, we all do this. But add more realism to the missions.
Secondary missions, I do not know if it would be possible, but it is a good idea. Or at least the addition of possible phone's conversations and cutscenes/dialogues outside of missions. It would be good for the storyline.
I do not think I explained this right of the routes, but I'm glad you liked the ability to change the way of doing them. I think, if possible (probably not, but know nothing of script, what can I say?), When you do the route, the selected vehicle appears as a test vehicle, then you go with the vehicle in which the actor must follow route without need for "n" all the time. You create yourself the route step by step, and actor follows her obediently every detail. I think that would take away the bugs.
I would add one more suggestion: The one actor, in a car, followed by another actor. Then there would be the need to put your character in that other car to give "Follow player behind." Much better, no?
Also to create an actor and make him follow the same route in a vehicle from another actor, save the work of people who are doing racing missions, for example.
Other: Power put those type decisions GTA IV, "kill or let alive", would be cool.
I would like to highlight here the possibility of "secondary objectives." They deserve our attention. Incidentally, I always wanted to add dialogues between characters when you're going to a checkpoint, without having to put the timeout for first place after the checkpoint. The timeout, in this case, would be a secondary objective. Another example would be: You are chasing an actor objective, and in between you and the objective, there is nothing obstacles. You create checkpoints (secondary objective) between the routes, and then create cars, buses and other types of obstacles to hinder the player in the chase.

I think is that...

Grateful, THBP

5o5oj
  • 5o5oj

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:32 AM Edited by 5o5oj, 22 September 2013 - 02:41 AM.

Make It Just For Call of duty missions, anims, dog scripts, call air support, ac130 mod, helo insertion,ai tank shooting, can support some cleo mods that can be use with the dyom,fast rope, seats in black hawk heli, diving anims, hand signals, UAV, breach script, ai battleship shooting, aircraft carrier ai take off, movie maker  and much more!!

Revolver1
  • Revolver1

Noob designer :D

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

Make It Just For Call of duty missions, anims, dog scripts, call air support, ac130 mod, helo insertion,ai tank shooting, can support some cleo mods that can be use with the dyom,fast rope, seats in black hawk heli, diving anims, hand signals, UAV, breach script, ai battleship shooting, aircraft carrier ai take off, movie maker  and much more!!

opp5k.jpg

Seriously... Is this GTA SA or COD 8?

• Canadian Scrotum likes this

Boris The Vodka
  • Boris The Vodka

[Y]es

• The Yardies
  • Russia

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:09 AM

Hey look, we have an 'Ideas' topic here - http://gtaforums.com...c/401861-ideas/

By the way, PatrickW stated some time ago that it would be impossible to increase the limitations per mission, since they have nearly reached the possible limitations of what they can add, thus making the first two suggestions of yours impossible.

• Canadian Scrotum likes this

Martin_GDF
  • Martin_GDF

Schizophrenic Bastard

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Yeah

I only want a quicker way to search for actors and objects, or making actor routes :p

Canadian Scrotum
  • Canadian Scrotum

Secronom

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:22 PM Edited by Secronom President, 23 September 2013 - 08:22 PM.

Next time use http://gtaforums.com...c/401861-ideas/

Locked.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users