Quantcast

» «
Photo

GRAND THEFT AUTO V Animal Rights Group DEMANDS BOYCOTT!

41 replies to this topic
ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:14 PM Edited by ZeeKid2k10, 21 September 2013 - 05:15 PM.

Grand Theft Auto V" crossed the line by allowing  game-playing children to run over, behead and kill animals -- and a prominent animal rights group is calling for a boycott.

Jack Carone from In Defense of Animals tells TMZ ... his group is incensed thatRockstar Games is capitalizing off animal torture -- and it doesn't matter if it's real or fake.  He says it perpetuates what he calls "institutionalized violence" against helpless animals.

"The makers of this game have traded decency for money" Jack says, adding, "Encouraging the darkest impulses of young people is not an admirable pursuit."

For what it's worth ... the ability to kill animals in the game is not a new feature ... and animal violence has been included in every game.

Regardless ... Carone says, "animals don't need any more targets painted on them in the name of fun." 

So we gotta ask ...

http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/21/animal-rights-org-boycott-gta-v-for-shameless-animal-murder/7/#comments-anchor

TheKryptonite
  • TheKryptonite

The World is Yours

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Why didn't they boycott RDR as well, then?

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Oh look. A undercover PETA agent.

Why dont you learn that it's just a mess of code to provide a game, and if it provokes kids to do anything, then its the perants fault not doing their job and teaching them right from f*cking wrong

Dont blame the game, blame yourself, you f*ckin' hypocritical prick.

eddierock
  • eddierock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

Or skyrim as well, things like that do my nut right in

ZeeKid2k10
  • ZeeKid2k10

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:18 PM

Why people never boycott Saints Row or Call of Duty 

eddierock
  • eddierock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

Why dont you learn that it's just a mess of code to provide a game, and if it provokes kids to do anything, then its the perants fault not doing their job and teaching them right from f*cking wrong

Totally agree mate, Its only a game, parents shouldnt let there kids play it, sick of groups jumping on games and blaming them for all sorts of bad things that happen.

• stevean2 likes this

danlevm
  • danlevm

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:20 PM

arent there already laws against killing animals? ....Its a videogame, people that cant tell  the difference from right wrong shouldnt play games like gta anyways...

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:37 PM

Lol I wonder why he thinks he's powerful enough to call for a boycott. He must be mad it generated over a billion dollars in revenue in 3 days.

[µT]
  • [µT]

The Sword Swingin' Surgeon

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Everytime I hear the word "institutionalized-" I cringe, like Rockstar has some kind of f*cking agenda to subconsciously raise people into thinking that violence in the real world is okay.

"Encouraging the darkest impulses of young people is not an admirable pursuit."

Normal people do not have "dark impulses" to randomly harm real life animals. They're making it seem like the default mentality for regular people is "sociopathic impulsive animal abuser". That being said, there is nothing in the game that promotes or encourages the player to kill animals.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:56 PM

I love that GTAV included the ability to kill animals. I love it.

Like last time with Trevor, I saw a cool quad bike. But it was behind a fence with a dog right next to it, so you know that f*cker is gonna bite you when you get too close. Jumped the fence, kicked the dog in the stomach, took out my baseball bat and slapped the f*ck out of it until the streets ran red with its blood.

Felt good.

truthful
  • truthful

The truthful

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:57 PM

Lol, those people need to grow up and go after REAL issues in the world.

727gta
  • 727gta

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:59 PM

So they are perfectly fine with people being able to kill people in the game? 

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:01 PM

what about

Skyrim

RDR

Far Cry

?

Kratos2000
  • Kratos2000

;)

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:03 PM Edited by Kratos2000, 21 September 2013 - 06:03 PM.

It's not the parents fault, it isn't. 

I see this argument in every GTA leads to Violence thread and it's BS. 

If the kid goes and hurts, beheads, rapes animals after playing the game, or goes on a murder rampage and steals a car then it's the kid who's a fricking psychopath.

It has less to do with the parents than the kid himself, if the kid is mentally/neurotically f*cked up, a psychopath, sociopath etc, then it's their f*ck up. Does not matter how many parents you jail over this the kid will continue to do the same thing he wants. 

JustRob
  • JustRob

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

It's the parents' fault for allowing their child to play the game. It's rated 18 and above, and with good reason. Children should not play this.

Cilogy
  • Cilogy

SILL•uh•jee

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

lol but the human killing, torture, maiming, and gore are all fine?

these people need to get their priorities straight

and then f*ck off

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

Only got a PC for Gaming

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

Seriously I defend animal rights but this is just ridiculous.

This is just another idiot looking for the spotlight with his "concern", just trying to be known, nothing else. I hope Rockstar decides to create content for online where you can kill protesters like these, that would be fun.

"Oh sht nothign is going on now and it's to cold to protect the seals, Oh I know let's pretend we're concerned with violence in a video game and how it models young kids that shouldn't even be playing it into killing animals".

Btw I'm still waiting for the day where someone uses a cat butt as a silencer:

http://img.pr0gramm....at-silencer.jpg

These clowns are like Obama, he cries over violence, terrorism and human rights but keeps bombing civilians on a daily basis in unprotected countries and arrest his own citizens going against their basic laws.

wielku
  • wielku

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:11 PM

It's normal when game is popular and sell well people just want to bitch about it and a little piece of this cake

7csc
  • 7csc

Northwood !

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

Good luck with that. It's a videogame ffs.... 

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Since when the hell do you behead any animals? 

Skellyhell
  • Skellyhell

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Well im convinced, gonna go return my game tomorrow...

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:22 PM

Why didn't he complain about previous games with animals? Because he really doesn't care. GTA V is breaking all sorts of records and is the hottest thing at the moment so this guy is trying to weasel in and get some of that attention for himself. I bet he doesn't give a rat's ass about the portrayal of animals in this game, not when stuff like Fallout 3 had much more violent depictions of animal decapitations and such. He just sees an opportunity to get his name out there since any news story with GTA in it will get thousands of hits, so he pounces.

Cyfun
  • Cyfun

Mowing down Hare Krishnas since 1997

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:30 PM

ZOMG! WHAT ABOUT MINECRAFT?!  YOU KILL THOUSANDS OF ANIMALS THERE! AND ENSLAVE PIGS AND HORSES TO CARRY YOU AROUND!

Seriously, trolling troll is trolling.

CheesusChrist
  • CheesusChrist

Space cactus

• Members
  • Chile

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:36 PM Edited by CheesusChrist, 21 September 2013 - 06:42 PM.

I hate the way everyone keeps saying "children" when they refer to M rated videogames.

• KidAmnesiac42 likes this

Romario
  • Romario

Prankster

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:40 PM

It's normal when game is popular and sell well people just want to bitch about it and a little piece of this cake

Sort of like the people who complain about the driving physics.

TheTechPoTaToCHIP
  • TheTechPoTaToCHIP

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:27 PM Edited by TheTechPoTaToCHIP, 21 September 2013 - 07:28 PM.

Instead of worrying about virtual animals, why dont you, I dont know.... SAVE REAL LIFE ANIMALS YOU FVCKING RETARDS?!

You ----> :miranda: <-----Logic

Death2Drugs
  • Death2Drugs

Wanna milky?

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

This makes me laugh so hard. 

1. They're virtual animals. Killing animals in games is not a new freaking thing. In Call of Duty, you can kill dogs. In RDR, you were killing animals (though that was a bit of an exception since it was rural). 

2. Why are they wasting time boycotting a video game with virtual animals when they could be spending time, I don't know, saving real animals?

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

No better than the religious right.

AlexL
  • AlexL

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:40 PM

So, it's ok to torture and kill people but not animals? There's no logic in that.

KidAmnesiac42
  • KidAmnesiac42

Chin up, Cheer up. Chin up.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Why didn't they boycott RDR as well, then?

Because RDR didn't earn a billion dollars in three days. It's the perfect plan, they get recognition by going against the biggest entertainment release of all time. I mean COME ON he's talking about animal rights to TMZ of all places, this is pathetic.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users