Cutscene Issue

4 replies to this topic
Vredrik
  • Vredrik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hello.

First off I'd like to say that my game runs fine, 60 fps all the time. No artifacts or strange glitches (that I've seen yet atleast).

However, even tho the fps counter says 60 fps during cutscenes, they are quite choppy and it looks more like it's ~30 fps.

My question is, is it supposed to be that way? Are the cutscenes locked at 30? Can you make them as smooth as normal gameplay somehow?

I'd really like to enjoy this game, but the cutscenes are just nauseating :cry:

Thanks in advance.

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:22 AM

how about you at least list your computer's specifications? how are we supposed to know if your cutscene issue is a known problem? you need to list your videocard and driver version especially

Vredrik
  • Vredrik

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

Hello.

I deliberately did not post any specifications or software versions, because I'm not looking for general upkeep advice.

My question was regarding to how the game handles cutscenes.

Are they supposed to be choppier than actual gameplay?
For example; Is the real-time rendering working on a 24, 29.97, 30fps basis?

I don't want to sound rude, but I'm not asking how to fix something, I'm asking how it works.

"how are we supposed to know if your cutscene issue is a known problem?"
By playing the game. Are the animations in your cutscenes as smooth and fluid as during actual gameplay?

luceberg
  • luceberg

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

The cutscenes are generated using the game engine, not as prerendered videos. Try turning down some settings, such as shadows to high, night shadows off.

ivarr
  • ivarr

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:54 PM

Yep, I have the same "problem" as you. Quite annoying indeed. I think it's not happening in every cutscene though. I'll have to keep an eye out for this and come back here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users