Nudity in GTA

32 replies to this topic
Am Shaegar
  • Am Shaegar

Chartered Accountant

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago

It's for my religion.I'm catholic and a priest said me that I can play GTA only if i can skip nudity.

nudity isn't wrong that should cause any problem for any religion, but violence is.

watching nude stuff is your personal (private) matter. I don't understand the connection of nudity to religion here.

ChiroVette
  • ChiroVette

GTA V = The Anti-Snore (IV) AKA The Snore Killer!

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by ChiroVette, A week ago.

It's for my religion.I'm catholic and a priest said me that I can play GTA only if i can skip nudity.

nudity isn't wrong that should cause any problem for any religion, but violence is.

watching nude stuff is your personal (private) matter. I don't understand the connection of nudity to religion here.

This entire thread really illustrates the HUGE problem with religious morality, and gorilla10's explanation about his priest's moral issue with nudity versus violence is quite telling. Thanks to the stupidity and backward morality of right wing religious zealotry, we live in a world where it is all right, or at least acceptable, to mutilate the human body. We can depict imagery of blowing a human body to bloody bits, zombies EATING human flesh in graphic, gory detail. Its fine to show stabbing, shooting, maiming, murdering, decapitations, eviscerating, and torture of the human body. That's all just fine and dandy.

Just don't show a picture of a beautiful woman naked, as their God supposedly created her. Because instead of inciting young boys to murderous rage, God forbid, he might think thoughts of love and sex.

You can kick that woman in the face, smash her face into a curb, knocking out all her teeth and breaking her skull open. But its apparently a sin to show the BEAUTY that their God is supposed to have created in all of its alleged, divine splendor? And we wonder why this world is so f*cked up, on the brink of becoming uninhabitable to our species due to pollutants and global warming, and why our super powers are all poised and ready, on a moment's notice, to blow each other up ten times over.

Gotta love religion!

scorpioxdragon
  • scorpioxdragon

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted A week ago Edited by scorpioxdragon, A week ago.

This entire thread really illustrates the HUGE problem with religious morality, and gorilla10's explanation about his priest's moral issue with nudity versus violence is quite telling. Thanks to the stupidity and backward morality of right wing religious zealotry, we live in a world where it is all right, or at least acceptable, to mutilate the human body. We can depict imagery of blowing a human body to bloody bits, zombies EATING human flesh in graphic, gory detail. Its fine to show stabbing, shooting, maiming, murdering, decapitations, eviscerating, and torture of the human body. That's all just fine and dandy.

Just don't show a picture of a beautiful woman naked, as their God supposedly created her. Because instead of inciting young boys to murderous rage, God forbid, he might think thoughts of love and sex.

You can kick that woman in the face, smash her face into a curb, knocking out all her teeth and breaking her skull open. But its apparently a sin to show the BEAUTY that their God is supposed to have created in all of its alleged, divine splendor? And we wonder why this world is so f*cked up, on the brink of becoming uninhabitable to our species due to pollutants and global warming, and why our super powers are all poised and ready, on a moment's notice, to blow each other up ten times over.

Gotta love religion!

This really isn't a religious issue. There are TONS of religions where violence, nudity, drug use AND profanity, would not be okay. This ENTIRE GAME would not be okay for most religions. Many non-religious groups with similar all or nothing stances, likewise, should take issue with most of the content and hence the product as a whole. Such selectivity is not in standard keeping (but is unfortunately all too common).

And by political standards, neither side of the aisle should be okay with the content in this game, save for the freedom to produce a product consumers wish to purchase and that companies wish to produce for profit. Absent of capitalism, crime, and everything in between, this game would not exist. And mind you, people on both sides of the aisle DO in fact have issues with different aspects of this game and games like it.

This is obviously a personal issue for said priest. When it comes to extreme or even normal religion and politics there should be no pick and choose. You're either all in, or you submit to each their own and differences of opinion.

The beauty is, this game is FULL of religious and political references that offend both left and right, religious and atheist. In reality people should just get along, agree to disagree, and move on. It is after all, just a game. Love it or hate it as much as you want, but to hold it as anything higher than what it actually is, is basically admitting to extremism, regardless of the angle.

But yes I agree, the aversion to the nudity but not the plethora of other elements of the game is absurd to say the least.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users