Quantcast

» «
Photo

Why can't we play GTA Online until Oct 1st?

28 replies to this topic
CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:11 PM Edited by CharlieSheem, 21 September 2013 - 03:11 PM.

People are complaining saying GTA V sucks and they are dissapointed...mainly because they haven't even been able to play GTA Online..

Why do you think Rockstar decided to do this?  Some say so that people play single player mode first, but I've almost beat the main story and am going to be spending the next 9 days practicing golf probably lol

Wish I could be playing GTA Online now...Rockstar should have had it unlocked on day one...

ChaiBear
  • ChaiBear

Tha Don

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:19 PM

Probably preparing it for the release, such as fixing bugs, beta testing, etc.

BenniMBXD
  • BenniMBXD

the guy

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

rockstar said that it was for you to get to know the map and the mechanics 

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:21 PM

Probably preparing it for the release, such as fixing bugs, beta testing, etc.

Eh...I doubt they are still beta testing.  The only reason I can think of is that they wanted to wait to see how many people would buy copies the first week, so they could know how many servers they would need too have in order to not crash due to being flooded with people.  Still, it's funny because people that have the game seem to have forgotten about GTA Online, and they are complaining even though the full game hasn't even been unlocked yet.

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

So they lock me out of a major part of the game?  (Makes no sense)

Where did they say that?

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Because 2 weeks down the line when people have started to stop talking about it, they release GTA:O and get a whole load of media coverage and excitement surrounding the game again, and this will mean more sales for R*.

• kietotheworld likes this

The Ripper 666
  • The Ripper 666

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

in case I'm wrong GTA Online takes place after the events of GTA V and Rockstar wants GTA Online to be it's own little thing 

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

in case I'm wrong GTA Online takes place after the events of GTA V and Rockstar wants GTA Online to be it's own little thing 

But after Oct 1st, people will have the option to play Online before single player, so this argument isn't valid.

GTA-Addicted
  • GTA-Addicted

And as finishing touch... ...God created the Dutch

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:25 PM

Because 2 weeks down the line when people have started to stop talking about it, they release GTA:O and get a whole load of media coverage and excitement surrounding the game again, and this will mean more sales for R*.

This right here, and they have some time to fix bugs / glitches in SP so they are not around on GTAO (at least.... let's hope so!)

Enterprise
  • Enterprise

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

mh i think they might bring out online together with maybe a patch for sp

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

WEll hopefully the people on these forums saying they are dissapointed in the game will read this thread and remember that the online portion hasn't even been unlocked yet, making it really impossible to judge the game at this point.

Foo52
  • Foo52

Lead Farmer

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:34 PM

I think it's pretty obvious, that they needed a stress test for the servers, the problems with the social club should have given them an idea of what kind of capacity they will need.

Magnet_man16
  • Magnet_man16

C# Programmer

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

As we can see by the current social club problem i dont think they are prepared with enough servers, if online was there, everything would crash and then people would be angry!.

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:49 PM

Black Ops 2 had online available on launch day, their fans would have cried bloody murder if multiplayer wasnt available day one.

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

I thought I read somewhere that GTA Online takes place before the events of the story. I'm really not sure either.

OT: The only official explanation I've seen is the "the game is so massive, we want players to get used to everything so they're not overwhelmed" one. I don't remember the exact quote or the source.

Personally I think it's BS and the delay is for technical issues (server stability, etc.).

ryan6265123
  • ryan6265123

Peon

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:54 PM

Takes place BEFORE the events in GTA V but AFTER the events of GTA IV,

Mr. Smoke
  • Mr. Smoke

Stalin doesn't like spoilers.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

Black Ops 2 had online available on launch day, their fans would have cried bloody murder if multiplayer wasnt available day one.

Sure, if someone buys a CoD game to play offline, this guy is a serious asshole. CoD's campaign sucks ass.

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:01 PM

Well, the SC hasn't been working even semi reliably yet. I think they knew it was going to be a sh*t storm and wanted some time to prep the SC.

LewisVee
  • LewisVee

Unified Nations MC VP

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:03 PM

most cod players are kids these days to be honest man

i can wait for online, i know for a fact its going to be great and worth waiting for

reason i think they want us to wait 2 weeks is to complete the story, get all the servers prepared for a massive raping and slash out all the bugs in the original game, patch it up and wala, the greatness of gta online

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

Oh shut up you f****** vagina its 2 weeks away get over it why don't you get an imagination and play the game like everybody else instead of relying on other people that you'll never meet. f***** kids today today

DymeDef
  • DymeDef

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

Oh shut up you f****** vagina its 2 weeks away get over it why don't you get an imagination and play the game like everybody else instead of relying on other people that you'll never meet. f***** kids today today

The irony

CharlieSheem
  • CharlieSheem

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

someone didn't take their meds today

tjbyrum1
  • tjbyrum1

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:07 PM

I like this, cause it makes more people play the single player, which is good.... cause I bet a lot of people would have ignored the SP and go straight to MP.

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

What channel is Big Ten Network on DIRECTV" timestamp="1379779545"]

someone didn't take their meds today[/quote] truth hurts.

THemac
  • THemac

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

only fags and little bitches play call of duty

BenniMBXD
  • BenniMBXD

the guy

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

So they lock me out of a major part of the game?  (Makes no sense)

Where did they say that?

to cvg and ign in the GTAO preview

THE DRAGOON
  • THE DRAGOON

BRING ME ANOTHER!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

I thought I read somewhere that GTA Online takes place before the events of the story. I'm really not sure either.

OT: The only official explanation I've seen is the "the game is so massive, we want players to get used to everything so they're not overwhelmed" one. I don't remember the exact quote or the source.

Personally I think it's BS and the delay is for technical issues (server stability, etc.).

It's a mix of both. 

Truly, it is for technical reasons, hence the beta testing going on now. 

However, it also does help a player get used to everything. Hell, after story and freaks and strangers, I've been practicing my driving/shooting/etc for GTA Online. So I can get used to everything, learn the best areas, and learn how to dominate the stock market. 

Scooter_Johnson
  • Scooter_Johnson

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

its so you play the single player, get to know the whole map, areas, side alleys etc, wish activision and ea did this with battlefield 4 and call of duty ghosts

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

There is a closed Beta going on for GTA Online atm (only for friends and family).

So i'm sure there are some things that require a bit more testing before released 17th September.

They're also testing their servers capacity (you bet there will be alot of pressure October 1st)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users