Quantcast

» «
Photo

Grabbed the Military Titan Cargo Plane........But...............

28 replies to this topic
Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:00 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 21 September 2013 - 05:01 AM.

Dropped into the base via Police Helicotper/Parac. Did it right where the four spawn points are for the Titan, which seem to be random. RPG'd a truck with troops coming but ignored one soldier on foot whom apparently did enough damage to where the left engines gave out once I cleared the base. The right engines shutdown during my landing at LS airport.

I made it this CLOSE to my hangar!!!!

Now it's sitting helpless INCHES from where the normal commercial airliners land & takoff.

Trying to find a way to push it into the hangar.

Maybe then it'll repair in the hangar, sorta like how cars do when you leave them in a garage & come back.

Thought it was a pretty funny situation.....

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

Can you tow it in using the vehicles made for plane towing?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

Which do you think would work?

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

Which do you think would work?

The vehicle used to tow aircraft and push them? Idk If it would work though.

Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:30 AM

unfortunately I believe that by the time you went and got one your craft would disappear another dislike of mine.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:35 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 21 September 2013 - 05:40 AM.

True, risking it disappearing is a factor.

Couldnt find any vehicles nearby that would work, so I retried the whole operation.

GOT IT!

0_0.jpg0_0.jpg

Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:31 AM

how does one buy the hanger at the airport??

PNPD_Captain
  • PNPD_Captain

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:44 AM

Nice one. Will try that tomorrow!! :lol:

Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:45 AM

so how do u buy the hanger in the Aiport???

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:46 AM

This is like the ultimate sign of awesomeness. 

Be lucky it's not super realistic, or it would take about 15 minutes to get the planes ready to take off. You would have to start the APU first, then one engine at a time. 

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

how does one buy the hanger at the airport??

Yes.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:51 AM

Be lucky it's not super realistic, or it would take about 15 minutes to get the planes ready to take off. You would have to start the APU first, then one engine at a time. 

Also I think a real military base would be able to spot a lone Police Helicopter hovering high over them. :lol:

• alexabsolute likes this

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:07 AM Edited by Foreverpast, 21 September 2013 - 07:07 AM.

WARNING:

Placing the Titan in the LS hangar leads to issues.

The next time you come back, the plane resets in the hangar (like all the planes do) however it clips into the wall, instantly destroying it.

I guess the hangar has it's placement off.

***My recommendation if you want to keep the Titan:

Make an extra save game slot with you actually in flight with it.

Even loading a save were you're standing right by it causes it to load in the reset position, destroying it.

0_0.jpg

TinyWeeny
  • TinyWeeny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:35 AM

I know that switching between characters will repair the car you are currently driving. Does that work for planes also? Or does the wing clipping off actually make the plane un-usable?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:40 AM

I know that switching between characters will repair the car you are currently driving. Does that work for planes also? Or does the wing clipping off actually make the plane un-usable?

I can't get back inside it once it suffers that damage.

Game setting must have it as unusuable at that point.

However IN-FLIGHT yes if it's damaged you can quickly do that switch/repair tactic.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:51 AM

I can't get back inside it once it suffers that damage.

Game setting must have it as unusuable at that point.

However IN-FLIGHT yes if it's damaged you can quickly do that switch/repair tactic.

Well, I stole it as trevor and the engines blew out once I landed at the airstrip in Sandy Shores. Switched to Michael, took a taxi to the airfield and I was able to fly it to Michael's hangar

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Well, I stole it as trevor and the engines blew out once I landed at the airstrip in Sandy Shores. Switched to Michael, took a taxi to the airfield and I was able to fly it to Michael's hangar

Wow how far away was Michael?

Impressed the Titan didn't disappear once you switched.

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

He was in LS, in his house. I tried it before with a normal car and well, it worked, so I thought: why not? As long as the other character (in this case trevor) is near it, it won't disappear. Oh and when you have the plane stored in the hangar, but it's broken. Try pushing it out (gently), then switch to another character and switch back. It should be repaired then.

TheNooseMan
  • TheNooseMan

High Ranking Mercenary

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Very nice, congratulations on getting this plane, but that is unfortunate for the hangar  save.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

He was in LS, in his house. I tried it before with a normal car and well, it worked, so I thought: why not? As long as the other character (in this case trevor) is near it, it won't disappear. Oh and when you have the plane stored in the hangar, but it's broken. Try pushing it out (gently), then switch to another character and switch back. It should be repaired then.

I'll give that a try, how to push it though?

hitchcockindaflood
  • hitchcockindaflood

Crackhead

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:48 AM

How the hell did you get that plane?

After the second rocket ( and it always hits the target) the plane is always destroyed??

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

At the base, planes/helis are often connected to external power for just this sort of thing. You can draw enough juice to run multiple starters and not even bother with APU. I don't know how starter selector works on C 130, though. It might still only allow start of one engine at a time or in pairs. At any rate, it isn't going to be anything close to instant, but you can definitely get it going in under a minute.

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:01 AM

Whereas the police helicopter?

SkylineGTRFreak
  • SkylineGTRFreak

Blackhawk lover

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

Well. I tried it with the van standing in (front) of the hangar. You can only push it sidewards though and it's hard. But eventually you can get it far enough away from the wall, so it'll spawn fine after a character switch. But: It only worked once for me, the other 3 times it disappeared. And it takes long, actually not worth it.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 22 September 2013 - 08:15 PM.

How the hell did you get that plane?

After the second rocket ( and it always hits the target) the plane is always destroyed??

With the Titan, I've never been destroyed by rockets, only the damage from them eventually caused the engines to shut down. Haven't been hit by more than 2-3 though.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:20 PM Edited by Foreverpast, 22 September 2013 - 08:21 PM.

Well. I tried it with the van standing in (front) of the hangar. You can only push it sidewards though and it's hard. But eventually you can get it far enough away from the wall, so it'll spawn fine after a character switch. But: It only worked once for me, the other 3 times it disappeared. And it takes long, actually not worth it.

Well I'm going to wait for the hangar issue to be solved before stealing another.

Too much work for a one time use in my opinion.

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

At the base, planes/helis are often connected to external power for just this sort of thing. You can draw enough juice to run multiple starters and not even bother with APU. I don't know how starter selector works on C 130, though. It might still only allow start of one engine at a time or in pairs. At any rate, it isn't going to be anything close to instant, but you can definitely get it going in under a minute.

The starters are powered by air in real life, that is the propose of the APU system. It supplies air to start the starters in the engine. It has only enough power to start one engine at a time. Once you get one engine started you may use that engine to start another. You can't get that plane started in under a minute. Impossible!!! Trust me I worked those aircraft in the USAF. Also all aircraft had engine covers on them when not being serviced or in use. It takes a ladder to reach the C-130 inlet covers.  

TGPomy
  • TGPomy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

This.  Where did you get the police heli?

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:04 AM

This.  Where did you get the police heli?

They spawn randomly on the helipads at police stations.

I keep one stored at my own helipad now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users