Lost my 650K Cheetah

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
52 replies to this topic
polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

Bought it online. Left it somewhere during a mission, its not in my garage, not in my vinewood garage (the one that houses newly bought vehicles), not at the impound..

Seriously, this new car system is f*cking horrid. Leave my damn car where I left it, don't teleport it somewhere when I step 10 feet away. I drove to the beach and wanted to jetski around a while (Stayed in the same area, didnt stray far) and when I got back it was gone.

Purchased a lot of upgrades for it too. Now it's gone and I can't seem to get it back anywhere. What the f*ck, rockstar?

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:42 AM

Reload your last save... That's what they are for, in case something happens

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

Way too late for that, unfortunately- made way too much progress. Not going to redo hours of gameplay because rockstar released a buggy game.

Love the game otherwise, but there ARE just a few of these bugs that really kinda irk me.

KennethMBB
  • KennethMBB

Loose as I made your mother last night

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

I have no idea how you guys are f*cking losing cars. I tested the car system couple hours ago, upgraded a truck and I got into a gun fight with a bunch of cops. Got wasted and went to the impound it was there. I checked the impound on my other characters for sh*ts and giggles and it was pulling up cars I used previously, one going to a mission and another from a mission. System works fine for me. Maybe your system is having memory issues or your install is f*cked up.

ixiboneheadixi
  • ixiboneheadixi

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

I have no idea how you guys are f*cking losing cars. I tested the car system couple hours ago, upgraded a truck and I got into a gun fight with a bunch of cops. Got wasted and went to the impound it was there. I checked the impound on my other characters for sh*ts and giggles and it was pulling up cars I used previously, one going to a mission and another from a mission. System works fine for me. Maybe your system is having memory issues or your install is f*cked up.

its hit and miss, i have vehicles in the impound i used for like 20 seconds that i stole, but some that you buy and upgrade might be gone forever

• Cota rob likes this

..GhosT
  • ..GhosT

GTAForums Veteran

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

If you drop your car somewhere in the city you really expect it to magicly warp into your garage? Cheese, you lost it.

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:04 AM

Unfortunately,  the game is still buggy as fook so yeah, I'm afraid it's lost.. I reinstalled the game on my HDD and that helped to stop the problem a bit, in  the sense that they'd now atleast stay in my garage, still won't get towed though.. just vanish.. I'm not buying or upgrading any cars until the first patch,

If you drop your car somewhere in the city you really expect it to magicly warp into your garage? Cheese, you lost it.

These Rockstar fanboy responses...

polycount
  • polycount

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

Yes, actually, because this is a video game and not a real life simulator.

Or, y'know, it could just get impounded, if you really want to go for realism- but that doesn't seem to happen either. 

Unfortunately,  the game is still buggy as fook so yeah, I'm afraid it's lost.. I reinstalled the game on my HDD and that helped to stop the problem a bit, in  the sense that they'd now atleast stay in my garage, still won't get towed though.. just vanish.. I'm not buying or upgrading any cars until the first patch,

These Rockstar fanboy responses...

Darn. Well, I just hope I can rebuy it.

Echolex
  • Echolex

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

Unfortunately,  the game is still buggy as fook so...

Have you ever played a Bethesda game?

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

If you ♥ the $, then prepare to die for it.

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:23 PM Edited by canttakemyid, 21 September 2013 - 11:23 PM.

Unfortunately,  the game is still buggy as fook so...

Have you ever played a Bethesda game?

Have you ever waited 5 years for a game to come out including delays (a full year after hiring game testers) and heard a developer babbling on about features that won't even be in the game only to see a game be buggy as f*ck?  I know I have.

We ain't buyin' nor talking about Bethesda games here.  R* is on a different standard and should have this squared away fair and simple.  I don't know why people get so defensive over a damned company.  These guys just want your money like every one else champ.

• 727gta likes this

AGNT009
  • AGNT009

Thug

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:33 PM

Yeah, lost my Vapid Bullet that LSC upgraded for free. I was crusing, accepted beer run mission for my Hen House, had to leave it at observatory, assumed it would be back in my garage. Nope. The way it SHOULD work is that cars saved in house garage or warehouse garage should always come back to you even if you total it and get it stuck in some crack between buildings, until you override that slot with a new car save. We're spending hundreds of thousands on these cars, of course we're gonna wreck them. Especially if one of your neighbors wives pulls left right in front of you...

Splinter02
  • Splinter02

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

Is everyone in this thread stupid? Check the vehicle impound...

It's a car icon on the map. Costs $250 to get it back

Jessegta
  • Jessegta

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Go to your Grove street garage. its there, im promise you.

GranThefTito
  • GranThefTito

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

just have it last car you using before save or mission

GTAspotter
  • GTAspotter

Middle Park East/Rockford Hills Resident

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

Clearly the only stupid person on this thread is you. If you would read the posts properly, peoples cars haven't been turning up at the impound.

SchwartzJesuz
  • SchwartzJesuz

CPH Ultras

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

This have happened way to many times with cars that I've bought. As a result, I keep all my most expensive cars (Z-Type, Bugatti ect.) in the garage and rarely drives them. Its a shame really but I dont wanna loose a 10 million dollar car.

Splinter02
  • Splinter02

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:42 PM Edited by Splinter02, 21 September 2013 - 11:42 PM.

Clearly the only stupid person on this thread is you. If you would read the posts properly, peoples cars haven't been turning up at the impound.

Everytime I have lost a car, even if I didn't buy it, it was at the impound.

You have to go to the garage and use the menu to select which you want to buy back. Some people are probably just driving into the parking lot and expecting it to be parked there

Alchemist
  • Alchemist

• Zaibatsu
  • Italy
  • The Congressional Medal of sh*tposting
    Most Talented Graphics Artist 2015
    Most Improved Member 2015
    Best General Topic 2015 [GTAForums Newbie Guide 2.0]
    Best Poster [Technology] 2015
    April Fools Winner 2015
    Best New Gang 2014 [RBE]
    Helpfulness Award [GTA V]

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Next time don't bring it to a mission? lol derp.

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

It must be a bug. I stole a Futo off the road and put in my my Grove Garage and it is STILL there. I stole that Futo on the first day of release.

high247
  • high247

@HighOnBeats

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

if I upgrade a car I garage it ASAP. that seems to fix the impound for me... once the upgraded car is garaged you can use it and it will goto the impound if you leave it... tested a few times

Iroquois
  • Iroquois

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:45 PM Edited by Iroquois, 21 September 2013 - 11:47 PM.

A few players are having absolutely no problem with car saving and impounding. Bout 40% are having major problems with the game saving cars. The rest (50%) of us make up the majority. Using your cars in missions increases the chance of your car disappearing. It wont be in his impound... Just have to wait for R* to patch this car saving problem. Meanwhile, look at my recent thread about this topic. It answers most questions but some info is missing. Ill have to wait till tomorrow to check out some other facts and myths on how and when cars disappear.

But yea OP, your lost cheetah is meant to be impounded but it isnt because R* havent fixed it yet.

Arrowtotheface
  • Arrowtotheface

Dan

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:46 PM

HURR I LOST 1 OF MY CARSS TOO!! IT COST 650K IN VIRTUAL DOLLARS!! IM PISSED !! f*ckING DROPPED! ROCKSTAR IS TEH WORST COMPANY EVAR!!!111

SchwartzJesuz
  • SchwartzJesuz

CPH Ultras

• Members
  • Denmark

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

HURR I LOST 1 OF MY CARSS TOO!! IT COST 650K IN VIRTUAL DOLLARS!! IM PISSED !! f*ckING DROPPED! ROCKSTAR IS TEH WORST COMPANY EVAR!!!111

Implying OP isnt allowed to complain about bugs. Doesent matter how small they are. Bugs needs to be fixed. 

FranklinDeRoosevelt
  • FranklinDeRoosevelt

32nd President of Los Santos

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

I used my customized buffalo even in some missions and it DIDN'T disappear. I think the problem COULD be the fact that some people downloaded the game off PSN when rockstar adviced not to as well as not installing the 2nd disk on Xbox. If not then it's bugs/glitches. You've gotta expect bugs in a game like this.

Gsnipe
  • Gsnipe

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

Do I have to keep posting this? I lost 500k because of this bug but I dont mind, because i still have one of the greatest games ever made and its fun. Dont expect everything to be flawless, they will patch it and then i can go re-mod another car.

http://support.rocks...losing-upgrades

Hover_Mode
  • Hover_Mode

Playa

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:39 AM

That happened to me... But I waited a couple days and then checked the impound again. And it was was there.

Just keep checking the impound

Hallgarth
  • Hallgarth

Prankster

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:46 AM Edited by Hallgarth, 22 September 2013 - 12:47 AM.

I have had this issue with one or two cars, but I've also had an issue of cars duplicating. I've got two modified Tornado's that are identical. I parked it in Michaels Garage, and found another one parked down the street with the same modifications and colors etc. weird.

I think they should of had a marker for owned cars, so it shows up on your map.

Also I had a car parked in Franklins garage. It vanished from it and then appeared again later.

Rewdalf
  • Rewdalf

Can't tell if I'm being sarcastic or not? I probably am.

• Members
  • Bulgaria

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

Yes, it's frustrating (I lost five cars so far, spent quite a lot of money on them), but keep in mind it's far better than IV's vehicle system, where they would just up and disappear no matter what you did.

Still buggy, but better than the last one.

hugh750
  • hugh750

i drive fast in gta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:48 AM

not always.

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:50 AM

Cryyy me a riveeeer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users