• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:17 PM

Ahhh a troll mad he cant troll

TimFL
  • TimFL

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

are you f*cking retarded? Passive mode isnt something you can just turn on its a server you join I fail to see how people can be confuse about this 

It's no server it is a gameplay feature.

I wont use it though since all my GTA:O time will be spend in private lobbies anyways (with friends only). 

terp31
  • terp31

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

I can see what he is saying to a point. Lets just say that you are robbing a bank or something with someone and they decide to take all the loot.  Then they just turn on passive mode and drive peacfully to the atm and deposit the money while you can do nothing

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

I can see what he is saying to a point. Lets just say that you are robbing a bank or something with someone and they decide to take all the loot.  Then they just turn on passive mode and drive peacfully to the atm and deposit the money while you can do nothing

A lot of people speculate that it wont work this way though.. OP is just being dramatic.

the safemode is not a "god mode" toggle that you just switch on and poof. Rockstar is smarter than that, and I'm sure if it even is a toggle, Rockstar has flags in place determining when you can/cannot enter safe mode.

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

They said that Passive mode will be disabled once you've fired your weapon.

which most likely allow you to teleport to a safe point or place of your choosing certain feet away from another player.

Otherwise were f*cked haha

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:01 PM Edited by DeadZombie, 23 September 2013 - 10:02 PM.

I doubt you'll be able to change from that mode to another whist having a wanted level and having to split the take at the safehouse. Big amounts of cash have to be carried as store amounts will be carried in wallets in heists

You'll lose your take most likely and drop the money and someone else will pick it up.

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

I have generally no interest in GTA Online, but I kinda want to use this to troll the trolls.  Just walk along, hang out, and present a target they can't do anything to while they lose their sh*t about it.

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

I have generally no interest in GTA Online, but I kinda want to use this to troll the trolls.  Just walk along, hang out, and present a target they can't do anything to while they lose their sh*t about it.

Trolls are dead now.. the only people who "troll" anymore is those that want attention because their parents couldn't give them any raising them. It's a sad society, and we're living in it. 

EJTexasMade
  • EJTexasMade

Playa

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

This troll just wakes up in the morning wondering what he can complain about next. Can they protect themselves with passive mode? Sure. God mode? Nah. That would insinuate that you can earn a living on the game without firing your weapon. Most likely not.

GTAHomie420
  • GTAHomie420

Road Captain

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

Literally this passive mode is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, and if there is no way to disable it, online will fail from its abuse. it's like Rockstar said " hey how do we give players god mod to lineup shots or sneak up on other players in plain sight?" "easy, just give them god mode until they want to shoot so they can get easy he's shots while transitioning out of passive mode.

I think this guy is mad he wont be able to betray his crew members on a heist and steal their cut. Boo Hoo.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:01 AM

Is there anything you don't whine about?

Blacc94
  • Blacc94

G

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

They said that Passive mode will be disabled once you've fired your weapon.

which most likely allow you to teleport to a safe point or place of your choosing certain feet away from another player.

Otherwise were f*cked haha

Lmao, ruuuuuuun

So Awesome
  • So Awesome

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:35 AM

Loooool im definitely bringing this topic back up as soon multiplayer hits

henrysdad
  • henrysdad

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

Where do people get this idea that GTA is about running around killing and shooting and blowing stuff up?

Surely the clue is in the title....Grand THEFT.... AUTO.... i cant see anything there about killing or shooting. Its about stealing cars and what goes with it. Its the players in IV that have turned the game into a constant death match whether you want to play like that or not. As such, thats all thats left and R* have obvioulsy realised when thats all you provide you put yourslef into competition with the likes of COD and battlefield. In that war, they simply wont win and they know it.

So, they have tried to open the game up to more player types and the only way to encoruage those that dont want to be greifed all the time is to introduce some level of protection for them.... hence passive mode.

Those that will want to play in passive mode are the ones unlikely to want to engage in death matches or running around 'blowing stuff up'. It sounds (and like people have said, its just speculation) like as soon as you cross the line into that territory you are no longer in passive mode.

i'll admit, i was hugely put off by online in GTA4 and stopped playing it pretty soon after i realised what it was like. I had COD and other games for that which did it much better. The idea of passive mode has me interested in GTA online so by my reckoning, R* have achieved what they have set out to do.

pariah87
  • pariah87

Chosen one

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Players utilizing drag queen mode need their own server.

This isn't f*cking Mario Kart, even then you could get hit.

Couldnt agree more we need a sperate server.

This isnt COD, i dont feel like have spawning gun fights over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over..........

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:07 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 24 September 2013 - 07:07 PM.

Where do people get this idea that GTA is about running around killing and shooting and blowing stuff up?

Surely the clue is in the title....Grand THEFT.... AUTO.... i cant see anything there about killing or shooting. Its about stealing cars and what goes with it. Its the players in IV that have turned the game into a constant death match whether you want to play like that or not. As such, thats all thats left and R* have obvioulsy realised when thats all you provide you put yourslef into competition with the likes of COD and battlefield. In that war, they simply wont win and they know it.

So, they have tried to open the game up to more player types and the only way to encoruage those that dont want to be greifed all the time is to introduce some level of protection for them.... hence passive mode.

Those that will want to play in passive mode are the ones unlikely to want to engage in death matches or running around 'blowing stuff up'. It sounds (and like people have said, its just speculation) like as soon as you cross the line into that territory you are no longer in passive mode.

i'll admit, i was hugely put off by online in GTA4 and stopped playing it pretty soon after i realised what it was like. I had COD and other games for that which did it much better. The idea of passive mode has me interested in GTA online so by my reckoning, R* have achieved what they have set out to do.

Depends on the Mode Henry Sr! :)

A mission, Battle Buddies, has been revealed where a player can call his or her friends to get a backup for a mission. Multiple military and prison activities are also found in the game, one of which is to kill an army guy using a sniper. It is also said that the mission can be a part of the Cops and Crook mode.

Another Cops and Crooks mission requires a player to kill another online player, regardless if he/she is a thug or a cop, and it is up to the cops to track down the killer. Other missions include stealing a boat, boarding another enemy boat, eliminating the enemy on the boat before the cops arrive, blowing up a strip club with the help of a car bomb and stealing cash if a player's safe house is attacked by other players.

Prestige metres for the cops are also available. If a cop performs terribly in a series of missions, then he would be given missions of lower levels. The cops will have a scanner which could identify stolen vehicles. So if a player is riding on a stolen car, chances are that a police unit may be assigned to arrest him. It also seems that there are different uniforms for different ranks of police officers.

A player's role as a cop will be required in one of the activities to arrest other players in the game.

Majority of the missions are said to revolve around the cops in the game under the Cops and Crooks mode. Since the online version is yet to get released, more number of features and activities can be added in the game. The 32 player or 16 player game-play is still under question and will only be revealed on 1 October 2013.

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

I believe it was said that you will be unable to make any hostile actions while in this mode.

herpityderpityson123
  • herpityderpityson123

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:05 AM Edited by MrJiminyCricket, 25 September 2013 - 01:25 AM.

erfsddfsdfsdf

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:38 AM

Literally this passive mode is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, and if there is no way to disable it, online will fail from its abuse. it's like Rockstar said " hey how do we give players god mod to lineup shots or sneak up on other players in plain sight?" "easy, just give them god mode until they want to shoot so they can get easy he's shots while transitioning out of passive mode.

I think this guy is mad he wont be able to betray his crew members on a heist and steal their cut. Boo Hoo.

Why would I steel from my gaming buddies? Makes no sense. What I am asking is for this passive mod to have the option to be disabled by the server.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:40 AM

If you read tough my crazy ramblings, then you will see I want this passive mode to have the option to be disabled server side so no players in the session can use it.

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:08 AM

what you want is it to be Disabled so you can run around and kill everyone, and  your rambling on about this and bad sport in every post because it nags the  heck out of you, you cant do that, sorry bout your luck, sunshine.,

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:42 AM

what you want is it to be Disabled so you can run around and kill everyone, and  your rambling on about this and bad sport in every post because it nags the  heck out of you, you cant do that, sorry bout your luck, sunshine.,

That is not the reason. But I do not see why you complain when I want it optional because it's not like I want it gone from the game.

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

This is going to turn free roam into passive mode roam. Seriously, everyone is going to have passive mode on and nobody will turn it off because whoever disables it first is who is going to get shot and die first.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:14 AM

I can see passive mode being a terrible thing.  There will be those kids who kill you then instantly go into passive mode and try trash talking with their mics.  I hope in passive mode you cant do anything other than walk around.  You cant pick up weapons, get in cars, or anything like that, otherwise passive mode would be insanely broken and highly abuse able.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:21 AM

There's an awful lot we don't know about GTA:Online just yet.

Going by RDR though they may well an entirely separate mode for it.  That is GTA:Online Regular and GTA:Online Passive...meaning you don't simply switch between them at will but rather they are treated as separate worlds.

The same way you specifically joined a "Friendly" game in RDR you could join a "Passive" game in GTA:O.  No real way yet of knowing which way it is going to go, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it go that way.

That might also open up the way to a "Hardcore" setting as they, again, had in RDR.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:09 PM

This is going to turn free roam into passive mode roam. Seriously, everyone is going to have passive mode on and nobody will turn it off because whoever disables it first is who is going to get shot and die first.

Exactly

Fiery_Irish
  • Fiery_Irish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

I don't see how it is god mode.  If you are in passive you can't do anything and if you do pull out your weapon it is off and you are fair game. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users