Photo

Passive mode is god mode

56 replies to this topic
ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

Literally this passive mode is the dumbest thing I have ever heard, and if there is no way to disable it, online will fail from its abuse. it's like Rockstar said " hey how do we give players god mod to lineup shots or sneak up on other players in plain sight?" "easy, just give them god mode until they want to shoot so they can get easy he's shots while transitioning out of passive mode.
  • terp31 likes this

maloy82
  • maloy82

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:06 AM

I think your all just  worried, you cant get away with your immature crap in this game as you could in others and it  bothers the sh*t out of you deal with it just like  the folks who want it, and agree with it had to deal with all the immaturity in other games, I think passive mode is a great idea.

• Afroshroom likes this

TrickishDonkey
  • TrickishDonkey

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:07 AM

they might have it were you can't keep switching from it, There might be a delay on how often you can switch.  Plus lets say they miss. then you could kill them or you see someone coming close go away or have friends with you.

• Chessmaster likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:10 AM

It may be a good idea for some, but we need to ability to disable it or it it is a game breaker for others.

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:20 AM

Players utilizing drag queen mode need their own server.

This isn't f*cking Mario Kart, even then you could get hit.
  • GothamWinterWarz and MedicinalDoctor like this

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:57 AM

It likely will be a completely different server.  As in RDR with Friendly and Hardcore modes.

Even if it's not, there's bound to be some sort of Lock should someone damage someone else.

They're not going to let me ProGamerGov and then turn on my Passive Mode God Mode  immediately. 

Passive Mode is a good thing.  It gives people a refuge from the Buzzard Tards that plagued GTAIV

• Chessmaster likes this

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

So bad sport is bad, passive mode which will likely be a separate thing is bad.

You just want to spawn kill people and then insult them when they quit because they can't do anything don't you?

• Ertrick36 likes this

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

By Jove, You've Cracked the Code!

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if they had Passive specific-servers added as well.

For a normal Server, there could also be areas where Passive is turned off automagically, so you would have a choice as a Passive Player, to enter that area or not.

Turning Passive On/Off will definately have a cooldown-timer as well as not being able to "Passive" mid-combat, so you can't turn Passive On/Off continuosly without having to wait quite a while between switching.

Maybe there could be a Location/building you need to enter to turn on/off Passive as well.

Let's just wait until 1st October and see how they will implement it.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:58 PM

For a normal Server, there could also be areas where Passive is turned off automagically, so you would have a choice as a Passive Player, to enter that area or not.

Turning Passive On/Off will definately have a cooldown-timer as well as not being able to "Passive" mid-combat, so you can't turn Passive On/Off continuosly without having to wait quite a while between switching.

Maybe there could be a Location/building you need to enter to turn on/off Passive as well.

I would hope the option to disable it completely would exist.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:02 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 21 September 2013 - 07:02 PM.

We know you do.

But wait until 1st October and see how it's implemented in-game before assuming things.

There could be Non-Passive PVP-servers implemented etc

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:17 PM

We know you do.

But wait until 1st October and see how it's implemented in-game before assuming things.

There could be Non-Passive PVP-servers implemented etc

Why would Rockstar host the servers like that? I was under the impression it would be like GTA IV for starting a server.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

We will just have to wait and see how the system is implemented.

Passive could be implemented so that it cannot be switched on by a whim, (but instead require some time and effort to switch), we do not know that yet how it's implemented.

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:02 PM Edited by stevean2, 21 September 2013 - 08:02 PM.

Passive mode is disabled whenever the player pulls out their weapon. that includes selecting it in the weapon wheel, so no, they dont have any advantage. they cant attack anyone and you cant attack them

Stfu.

• Chessmaster likes this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:05 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 21 September 2013 - 08:08 PM.

And most definately, you would not be able to switch back to Passive while in mid-combat.

The main question is though, how long cooldown it will be going from Aggressive to Passive.

Clearly the Player would not be able to do the switch without some sort of delay, otherwise a Player could gun down some players, and then switch back to Passive right afterwards, which i assume is not how it works.

It will definately not be enabled to be abused as a God-mode, switching to and fro instantly.

We will just have to wait and see how the system is implemented.

Oceaniic
  • Oceaniic

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

I'm thinking in order to turn passive mode on/off you will have to goto your phone > settings and then toggle it from there, similar to sleep mode in single player. Passive mode is in NO WAY god mode. If I'm in passive mode riding a motorcycle at top speed and hit a car I HIGHLY doubt I will not lose health, therefore NOT GOD MODE. Passive mode is a way for players to enjoy San Andreas with their friends without being bothered by middle school kids who want to troll a great game. If you don't like passive mode I'm sure there are options to enter a world where passive mode is disabled.

beastjeffrey
  • beastjeffrey

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

are you f*cking retarded? Passive mode isnt something you can just turn on its a server you join I fail to see how people can be confuse about this 

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:22 PM

are you f*cking retarded? Passive mode isnt something you can just turn on its a server you join I fail to see how people can be confuse about this

How do you know we can just start up a server like GTA IV and disable passive mode?

Kreuzn
  • Kreuzn

Most Wanted

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:37 AM

Hate to break it to you jeffy but R* said passive mode isn't a server. You turn it on during free roam. You can't be shot, you can't shoot.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:07 AM Edited by ProGamerGov, 22 September 2013 - 03:07 AM.

Hate to break it to you jeffy but R* said passive mode isn't a server. You turn it on during free roam. You can't be shot, you can't shoot.

But it can be disabled right? Because I don't want that sh*t on when I'm playing. Even without holding a weapon, passive mode would allow a player to get a vantage point or get not a nice position before engaging a player. This is f*cking god mode for PvP, and should have the ability to be disabled for free roam.

_KC
  • _KC

A Buck 30 on Black Ice The Fast Life

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:26 AM

It'll likely be on by default, with the option to disable it before starting a lobby.

I don't support it but I also don't know how it'll work yet. Doubt you have anything to worry about. We'll find out soon.

MAJORMANN
  • MAJORMANN

GTA MOTHA F*CKA

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

I assure you there are more important things in this world to concern yourself with. The reason passive mode is in there is so people who wanna have fun in the game can get away from buzzard tryhards like yourself

popeno
  • popeno

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:29 PM

I think the OP wants the ability to just kill players in free roam and ruin their day. Passive mode Is an awesome idea and you are crying cause you can't just pop on random servers and try to kill everyone. You think I can't get a good vantage spot while in non passive mode? Are you that good where you are gonna see me before I get to a good spot? How about you stfu and stop trolling and wait till the 1st like the rest of us before blabbing your mouth about stuff you know nothing of.

Tom7792
  • Tom7792

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:39 PM Edited by Tom7792, 22 September 2013 - 05:40 PM.

I assure you there are more important things in this world to concern yourself with. The reason passive mode is in there is so people who wanna have fun in the game can get away from buzzard tryhards like yourself

Those people should play single player then. 

This "mode" destroys the point of GTA, LITERALLY, its a grand theft auto game, you steal, you kill, you fight and you destroy stuff, its not some Smurfs village multiplayer game where papa smurf and his children can hang about taking a ride in a happy childish rainbow roller coaster. 

If you go Multiplayer and you don't expect to be killed consistently either get better or don't play multiplayer. OR you can get a bunch of friends and agree on specific rules but don't expect to make others obey them since no matter what, you do not own the server like the casual private lobby system GTA IV had.

this mode is stupid, if one pisses you off by killing you over again, get a friend and kill him back, or just bitch about it to rockstar and ruin the fun to the rest of us.

• _KC likes this

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:49 PM Edited by Santa-SmokinAces, 22 September 2013 - 05:50 PM.

Those people should play single player then. 

This "mode" destroys the point of GTA, LITERALLY, its a grand theft auto game, you steal, you kill, you fight and you destroy stuff, its not some Smurfs village multiplayer game where papa smurf and his children can hang about taking a ride in a happy childish rainbow roller coaster. 

If you go Multiplayer and you don't expect to be killed consistently either get better or don't play multiplayer. OR you can get a bunch of friends and agree on specific rules but don't expect to make others obey them since no matter what, you do not own the server like the casual private lobby system GTA IV had.

this mode is stupid, if one pisses you off by killing you over again, get a friend and kill him back, or just bitch about it to rockstar and ruin the fun to the rest of us.

There's really no point of arguing anymore or stating opinions, it's clearly going to be made official, they can't just scrap the idea based on a few opinions. If you don't like it, don't whine, seriously. Pack it up and call it a day. You want the fun of killing whoever you so please? Go to VI or Black Ops 2. They changed the mechanics and based on a general majority on things they want removed or put into the game they went ahead, and did it. 

Their purpose isn't to let a bunch of immature "trolls" do what they do best.. it's to provide an equal balance so that everyone's happy. 

"GTA V continues to amaze and continues to evolve into a dynamic experience for mature gamers, who continually support the gaming community. Much of what Rockstar continues is the future of social mediums – an alternative way to interact with like-minded individuals who choose to participate in their entertainment activities rather than watch with a remote controller. The beauty of the world of online gaming is the multiplayers are able to interact with one another in a vast, open-world environment and experience an ever-evolving paradise of virtual reality."

That's exactly what they're doing. They put all their efforts into making this game as fun as possible, making BILLIONS of dollars on top of it all, and you're complaining about one little thing? That you can't troll? Please. Pack it up then, cause' I have some bad news for you. 

beastjeffrey
  • beastjeffrey

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:19 PM

where the f*ck are you getting gta information from??? Facepalm isn't enough for this. If you played rdr you would know they had a friendly mode

Savo7en
  • Savo7en

Prankster

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

I'm pretty sure I heard that the passive mode is something you can only enable after dying to prevent yourself being spawnkilled over and over again.

After turning it off you wont be able to turn it on while still alive and it will only become active again once you die and respawn

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:34 PM

So everyone agrees with it being purely optional?

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

I think the OP wants the ability to just kill players in free roam and ruin their day. Passive mode Is an awesome idea and you are crying cause you can't just pop on random servers and try to kill everyone. You think I can't get a good vantage spot while in non passive mode? Are you that good where you are gonna see me before I get to a good spot? How about you stfu and stop trolling and wait till the 1st like the rest of us before blabbing your mouth about stuff you know nothing of.

It seems you have issues mate, or just like to fight. Because what I am saying is for it to be 100% optional.

Blacc94
  • Blacc94

G

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:19 AM

They said that Passive mode will be disabled once you've fired your weapon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users