Photo

Why does everyone dislike GTA5?

27 replies to this topic
Bushmaster
  • Bushmaster

10 Millimeter Heater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:25 AM

I personally think the game is amazing, many people seem to not like the driving mechanics. The community wants the physics to be brought back to how it was in GTA IV. The thing is, GTA IV were unrealistic in its own right. You need to slow down to like 15 MPH to make a 30 MPH turn or you would spin out, also people seem to not know what to do when they beat the game. I have about 30 hours into this game so far, I beat the game around 18 hours played. I play minigames like hunting, and golf. They are so responsive and addictive. Also explore! The world is not massive for no reason. There is so much to see in GTA 5, and some people just jump to conclusions about the game when they don't think about. GTA 5 is the game of the decade, and its proved it with all its sales and 10/10 reviews. So people who think GTA 4 was more realistic, they can go play GTA 4 while we enjoy GTA 5

Thanks

• ONEkingscar likes this

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:32 AM Edited by Fallout3, 21 September 2013 - 04:35 AM.

Most people's complaints are those really minor things like driving, removal of interiors, misleading people into thinking safehouses were purchasable, lack of the ability to rob stores, not much to spend your money on after finishing the game, cars always turning off etc. Things that aren't game-breaking but kill the immersion. Don't get me wrong it's a very good game but I feel like it hasn't reached its full potential.

Zinthaniel
  • Zinthaniel

Master Debater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

Everyone Doesn't hate GTA 5. The majority of the reviews globally, Both Professional and Amateur ( I.e general user reviews) are overwhelmingly positive. 

Bushmaster
  • Bushmaster

10 Millimeter Heater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:37 AM

The game was over hyped and I knew it. Which is why I think that some people feel the way they do.  But people automatically say that dont like the features when they have not even seen GTA online yet.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:40 AM Edited by ProGamerGov, 21 September 2013 - 04:47 AM.

The fact that GTA Online is like Club penguin online now. So no using mean language or killing other players because every server is Coop now! Think it's just a rating beside name? Think again as Rockstar will deal with players automatically determined to be bad sports likely with warnings and bans. And don't even get me started on the passive mode or god mode while I run up to hit you with my shotgun or line up my crosshairs on your head and shoot before I take damage.

Why can't bad sport and passive mode be f*cking coop only rather than forcing coop over pvp on everybody for free roam?

TheInsider
  • TheInsider

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

Every complaint I've read is minor. Major complaints usually just involve people losing perspective, because there's not a single game out there like GTA 5. 

Bushmaster
  • Bushmaster

10 Millimeter Heater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:45 AM

Agreed^

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

The Motorcycle Mercenary

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:46 AM

The fact that GTA Online is like Club penguin online now. So no using mean language or killing other players because every server is Coop now! Think it's just a rating beside name? Think again as Rockstar will deal with players automatically determined to be bad sports likely with warnings and bans. And don't even get me started on the passive mode or god mode while I run up to hit you with my shotgun or line up my crosshairs on your head and shoot before I take damage.

Where are you even getting this sh*t

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

The only thing I don't like is how short the take off distance for the air planes are. That's only because I work on them. The jumbo jet should take a longer runway but it doesn't help that they made the airport so small. 

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:47 AM

I think the warnings and ban thing is ridiculous, why even include the option to let us kill each other. You want a game to come to life, give us choices. I think the bad sport is a good idea, it means you can rip people off but beware, people wont play with you in the future so its up to you.

Bushmaster
  • Bushmaster

10 Millimeter Heater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:49 AM

I would like to be able to do more heists to be honest, I don't know how to get $150,000,000 for the country club

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:50 AM

Rockstar said passive mode exists until a player fires a shot, then he/ she is fair game.

Rockstar also said they will deal with "bad sports" be most likely an automated system because no one company could handle the massive number of complaints with human beings only. They also say bad sports are people who kill others or destroy and steal people's cars and other vehicles.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:52 AM

I think the warnings and ban thing is ridiculous, why even include the option to let us kill each other. You want a game to come to life, give us choices. I think the bad sport is a good idea, it means you can rip people off but beware, people wont play with you in the future so its up to you.

Why not separate PvP and Coop. With Coop featuring passive mode and bad sports while PvP doesn't have those by default and they are purely optional to players.

Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:53 AM

Like most people said above its just minor things. I just beat the game and I for one feel like there really isn't anything new R* brought to the table besides the whole character switching and updated graphics they even recycled a map. they left out a lot of the things we love'd from previous GTA's for example purchasable safe houses, Character personalization, lift kit for trucks the list goes on. Like I've stated before not bashing the game at all I enjoyed it very much just feel like they slacked it a little and could've released a way better game. Kinda starting to feel like C.O.D. same old song and dance just different maps and better graphics.

TheSoup
  • TheSoup

Welsh Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:54 AM

the game is great. People whining over minor complaints need to get some fresh air. Seriously, its a game, its not going to please everyone. Nothing will ever do this.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

The Motorcycle Mercenary

• Members
  • England

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

Rockstar said passive mode exists until a player fires a shot, then he/ she is fair game.

Rockstar also said they will deal with "bad sports" be most likely an automated system because no one company could handle the massive number of complaints with human beings only. They also say bad sports are people who kill others or destroy and steal people's cars and other vehicles.

Passive mode is the equivalent of RDR's Friendly Free Roam, where players cannot kill each other or be killed.

As for bad sports, good. I'm glad there's something to f*ck over the obnoxious 12 year olds who will be playing after moving on from their daily routine of shooting each other endlessly in a spawn zone clusterf*ck that makes it impossible to walk 5 steps from your spawnpoint without getting sprayed by a giggling f*ckwit child.

Bushmaster
  • Bushmaster

10 Millimeter Heater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

I just cannot wait for GTA online, you can't judge a game before you seen it all.

Nfurtado77
  • Nfurtado77

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

We'll considering the online is a whole other download that's not on the disc I could imagine they have a ton of content.

GamerPatriot
  • GamerPatriot

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:17 AM

Maybe they will add more with DLC's

sonic_blue
  • sonic_blue

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:28 AM

GTA IV were unrealistic in its own right. You need to slow down to like 15 MPH to make a 30 MPH turn or you would spin out

That's because you don't know how to use the analogue stick, and yes it's very easy to spin out at 30mph (=48kph) if you're going to input full steering lock all of a sudden.   I know this because a) it's common sense, and b) i've done this in a real car.    

GTA4 physics were awesome, very dynamic and in the realm of simulation.   My only complaint is that it needed a manual transmission so you could keep it in 1st or 2nd for longer so you could do longer drifts (the game has automatic transmission so it would just change to the next gear and you'd lose wheelspin which prevented longer drifts).

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:34 AM

Passive mode is the equivalent of RDR's Friendly Free Roam, where players cannot kill each other or be killed.

As for bad sports, good. I'm glad there's something to f*ck over the obnoxious 12 year olds who will be playing after moving on from their daily routine of shooting each other endlessly in a spawn zone clusterf*ck that makes it impossible to walk 5 steps from your spawnpoint without getting sprayed by a giggling f*ckwit child.

Yea because the bad sports system worked so well for microsofts Xbox live and totally wasn't exploitable. But at least it didn't go into the intensity Rockstar's system goes into. It's not made to stop 12 year olds, it's made to stop car stealing, killing and bad language, in a f*cking GTA game for f*cks sake. Why can't we separate Coop from pvp and pvp with coop . And have these reatredly awful features be optional?

jjwolfe69
  • jjwolfe69

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

The game was over hyped and I knew it. Which is why I think that some people feel the way they do.  But people automatically say that dont like the features when they have not even seen GTA online yet.

I just think that with all the testing they are supposed to do and with feedback before the game was released, these issues should have been fixed or looked at closely...I am not the only person who can't read the settings page or all the hints in the upper left corner....and I have a HD TV and using HDMI  cables...this is the only game that I have those issues with so I know it isn't me nor my TV

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

Most people's complaints are those really minor things like driving, removal of interiors, misleading people into thinking safehouses were purchasable, lack of the ability to rob stores, not much to spend your money on after finishing the game, cars always turning off etc. Things that aren't game-breaking but kill the immersion. Don't get me wrong it's a very good game but I feel like it hasn't reached its full potential.

You can Rob stores. Just robbed a liquor store.

Also, how did they mislead you into thinking you could purchase safe houses? Saying you could buy property and then you jumping to your own conclusion?

To answer the op, the community does not think that. Like in every forum, a vocal minority does, and makes the same posts more or less in different threads.

a lot of gamers now a days have a delusional sense is entitlement. I'd they don't like an aspect of a game they will demand it be changed. Honestly I'd I were the devs, I'd flip them the bird and say go play something else.

grimper12341
  • grimper12341

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:59 AM Edited by grimper12341, 21 September 2013 - 06:10 AM.

The majority of people love it. That's why it made $1 billion in sales. It's just that the people that don't like it are VERY LOUD.

It's an odd quirk of human nature that applies to everything. Most people that really like something are modest about it, and don't go singing its praises everywhere. But when people don't like something, they want to complain about it and they want *everyone* to hear just how displeased they are.

Take the postal service for example. 99.9% of their mail gets delivered no problem, and it's so commonplace that no one bothers to praise its efficiency. But when a package goes missing....suddenly all hell breaks loose! And it's the worst postal service imaginable! And omg they shud totaly be shut down by the govorment for beeing so stuped!

See what I'm getting at?

Boxman108
  • Boxman108

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:58 AM

The majority of people love it. That's why it made $1 billion in sales. It's just that the people that don't like it are VERY LOUD.

It's an odd quirk of human nature that applies to everything. Most people that really like something are modest about it, and don't go singing its praises everywhere. But when people don't like something, they want to complain about it and they want *everyone* to hear just how displeased they are.

Take the postal service for example. 99.9% of their mail gets delivered no problem, and it's so commonplace that no one bothers to praise its efficiency. But when a package goes missing....suddenly all hell breaks loose! And it's the worst postal service imaginable! And omg they shud totaly be shut down by the govorment for beeing so stuped!

See what I'm getting at?

Sounds pretty hypocritical coming from one of the few idiots that whined about IV's driving.

EminentDomain17
  • EminentDomain17

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:11 AM

It's just a small group is cry babies. This game is ground breaking for gaming . Personally I like the driving more. I also think the physics is amazing. It's like RDR. It's realistic for most part. Slip on a hill... You roll down it.miss a jump... You plant on your face. Driving is better I think because it's more reliable. Gta iv was like driving in ice with a ice cream truck. Almost any turn you could roll the vehicle. This game each vehicle feels different and you can hug turns to a extent that believable . Remember ... Gta iv was out like 5 years. People got used to it. When gta vi comes out people will bitch about that games mechanics. Its my favorite game in a long time if not ever. Of you enjoy it along with TONS of others... That's what matters. Look at the reviews it got. Haters gonna hate.

EminentDomain17
  • EminentDomain17

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:14 AM

Oh and for lack of interiors. There are more than people think. EXPLORE THE CITY!! It's fuking huge for a reason. Notice most the people who cry about the interiors are the ones who beat the game already. Gta is ment to take your time and enjoy the open world. They put 5 years into making this city !!!! They want you to find sh*t. Not hand it out. Pluse they already said gta online will be even more versatile not to mention a list of DLCs.

EminentDomain17
  • EminentDomain17

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

Pardon my typos- on phone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users