Photo

I'm amazed by the little things.

98 replies to this topic
Tbones981
  • Tbones981

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:16 PM

This turned into the thread of I have nothing big to complain about soo I hate this game because of tail lights lol who cares about the about something that literally doesn't affect the game play?! Make your own game you can even call it tail lights

Apxidia
  • Apxidia

Apxidia

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

A few times while driving on the freeway, I would see cops on the side of the road holding a radar waiting for speeders.  I think next time I see one I'll wait to see if they do anything.  Still, very cool to see :)

canadiansbronco
  • canadiansbronco

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

Love hearing cars speed in the distance when in blaine county...The audio in this game is really amazing

rap206
  • rap206

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:30 PM

Any chance  you could add me on ps3 American ?

would love an online game with you just to get in front break lighting the crap out of my car to hear you rage over comms lol 

• wallpaper42 likes this

3Hunt
  • 3Hunt

Evilest nigga this side of the Mississippi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

I love the humor! I laughed too hard when Lester's ass was showing after the Merryweather heist!

Puksy
  • Puksy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

i was amazed to see that the big jets at the airport that you cant drive are still very much destroyable, played chicken with one in my tank and i won, ripped a whole wing off

You do realise that those planes ARE flyable, don't you? Run under the front landing gear of a parked one and get in.

Some of them are flyable, some aren't.

In Vinewood Hills the other day; drove past a house with some guy naked on his driveway. I stopped to check out what was going on, only to see his wife throwing clothes out the front window and shouting at him cause she caught him in bed with another woman.

Is this a random event? Or a regular pedestrian interaction? If it's a regular thing then my god gonna try this later and go to Vinewood hills!

Capten Morgan
  • Capten Morgan

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:55 AM

TO MANY LITTLE THINGS THAT ARE SO GOOOOD...!!! :cool:

SO ALL A CAN SAY IS: I LOVE THE GAME BIG TIME..!

:r*:  :r*:  :r*:

TrevorPhilipsInc
  • TrevorPhilipsInc

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

When you dont have a weapon equipped and driving you give people the middle finger.

The wheels can be ripped from the cars

The wheels can be bent into a position that they no longer move and after enough pressure and heat the tires explode.

Getting the jump on someone initiates a takedown move.

Getting in close with someone with a gun initiates a takedown move with the weapon.

The cops will actually perform search patterns when they dont know your exact location.

People react differently towards you, some hostile for no reason, some because theyre gangbangers, some behave as if youre not there and others are very friendly.

Talking to someone when they dont want to speak with you will initiate them calling the police on you.

Honking your horn at pedestrians over and over again causes them to become hostile.

Honking your horn at the police over and over again causes you to receive a wanted star.

Walking into a yard with a dog will cause the dog to bite and maul you.

Drugs actually have a visual and physical effect on your character.

Tanks are actually able to be destroyed.

Cops will don body armor when three wanted stars or more are obtained.

Some cops wear 'oakley glasses' that are 'cocked' up on their foreheads.

Certain objects are destructable/damageable such as the dinner table and chairs in Michaels dinning room.

Clothing become wet and 'floppy' when wet.

At night time you can hear the sound of crickets.

jar5674
  • jar5674

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:54 AM Edited by jar5674, 23 September 2013 - 04:55 AM.

The thing that fires my panties up the most is in this game people actually drive sensibly when you drive code 3 in a police car. In gta IV when you put your lights and sirens on all the cars will crash into eachother and crash into walls while pulling over.

Try doing a Round Robin on the freeway and watch in amazement as traffic gathers behind you without crashing into eachother,  then park sideways on the freeway taking up as many lanes as humenaly possible, and watch as no cars will attempt to pass you, and you will back up traffic for days! (unless youre on a wide highway, a few select cars may try to go around)

I usually do this on a 2 lane

For those who don't know what a round robin is

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=oRl0n1KOsEo.

Simply amazing

DJS
  • DJS

ʕᴥʔ

• GTAF Crew
  • Scotland
  • Best Scottish

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:51 AM Edited by .DJS., 23 September 2013 - 07:25 PM.

• The amount of traffic that is on the road compared to IV, especially when driving on the freeways.
  • If you try to do a hill start and push the accelerator ever so slightly, the car starts to roll backwards.
  • If your helicopter is damaged when you're flying, the engine cuts off from time to time and starts back up. Absolutely shat myself as I thought I was gonna fall from the sky!
  • If your convertible is damaged when the roof is down, it doesn't go back up. The panel that hides the roof just flaps. Dont know if it happens when the roof is up.

PsuPepperoni
  • PsuPepperoni

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

Talking to someone when they dont want to speak with you will initiate them calling the police on you.

How do you "talk to someone"?

Is there a button to interact with random people on the street?

Earlier I parked my blimp on an apartment building to snipe pedestrians near the beach.  The cops came and I just waited quietly out of sight.  After they left, I saw some guy in a bathing suit walk up and take a picture of a dead body with his phone, and then walk back the other direction in a hurry.  It thought that was awesome, but I shot him anyway.

Grand Cannon
  • Grand Cannon

Everywhere and Nowhere

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:31 AM

I love how some NPC drivers have road rage. When you crash into them you see them flipping you off or they start chasing you and keep crashing into your vehicle you spent a couple hundred grand on.

You can start races with peds by revving your engine at traffic lights.

If you drive a nice car in a bad neighborhood, the residents will try and steal it. (Almost got my Adder stolen by this)

And a big one for me. The beaches. So much more lively than the past games. You see people sunbathing, walking along the sand, swimming, jet skiing, life guards patrolling and watching the sea from the guard towers. (The windows in the lifeguard towers actually close when it gets dark out :O)

derby0187
  • derby0187

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:43 AM

the one minor detail that first realy impressed me is when I parked my car in the garage and got out.and I heard the clicking/tap sound a engine makes when is cooling down after shutting the engine off. it may be faint but I have a turtlebeach headset on and you can hear it clearly.the more I play this game the more I love the small details in a huge map. also when I was searching for the sub parts in the ocean I saw a tiny fishing line with a hook.

this is a great game and you have to admit they did realy good on the small details . everywhere I go I look at the covers of books,pictures and everything else

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:57 AM

NPC drivers actually look in their mirror when changing lanes and cut you off less often. They'll actually react to you speeding down the lane and swerve back to their own lane.

Roded88
  • Roded88

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:15 AM

I haven't really explored much and noticed a lot but I like how when Michael gets out his car you him click the lock button and you can hear the car beep. My all time favorite is the thunder. I was playing as Trevor and was on the mission of going in to Los santos. It was pouring out and I was on a bike cruising down a long country road, when in the far distance a lighting bolt strikes and lights up the sky. The way tires react to the wet streets is just amazing.

M210F
  • M210F

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:36 AM

My favorite detail was probably how lively Vespucci beach is, and the interactions with Chop- I love just playing fetch with Chop while going down the beach. I once was at the BMX park and took a bike, assuming it was just placed there by Rockstar to use- instead, its owner yelled "get off my bike, man!" and shoved me off, so Chop bit him while I got up and he was waiting to fight me. I was about to punch him when Chop bit his neck and killed him, sending his buddies running.

The animations when you tase someone are great too- depending on where you hit them, they convulse in different areas of the body. In a mission where you intercept a military convoy, I put an RV along the road to stop them and they actively got out of the humvees and pointed their guns at me, threatening me. The gang mechanics are grest with how dangerous they actually manage to be.

A1iiiiii
  • A1iiiiii

THE CAP'N

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

How do you "talk to someone"?
Is there a button to interact with random people on the street?

Earlier I parked my blimp on an apartment building to snipe pedestrians near the beach.  The cops came and I just waited quietly out of sight.  After they left, I saw some guy in a bathing suit walk up and take a picture of a dead body with his phone, and then walk back the other direction in a hurry.  It thought that was awesome, but I shot him anyway.
Hold the right button of the d-pad when standing near a pedestrian

progdog
  • progdog

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:34 AM

Changing to unarmed while driving and flipping the bird when holding L1

IEATclowns717
  • IEATclowns717

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

i was amazed to see that the big jets at the airport that you cant drive are still very much destroyable, played chicken with one in my tank and i won, ripped a whole wing off

IEATclowns717
  • IEATclowns717

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:53 AM

But you can fly the big jets. You have to go right underneath them, right behind the front wheels. There's no animation for him getting in, you just pop into them. I also thought you couldn't get into them at first.

IEATclowns717
  • IEATclowns717

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:57 AM

Little thing I noticed was in the subways, the little rotating bars actually rotate when you through them! This game is astonishing. So many little details just like that are in this game.

CReaper210
  • CReaper210

Kingpin

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:00 AM

Rockstar always puts so much effort into their games. Like their radio stations. I cannot think of a single game apart from GTA that has so much songs, talk shows, (funny) ads, and overall content only in their radio stations.

MGT86
  • MGT86

Hustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

My favorite detail was probably how lively Vespucci beach is, and the interactions with Chop- I love just playing fetch with Chop while going down the beach. 

How do you play fetch with chop is it just with the app or can you actually do it in the game.

lilshadowxzx
  • lilshadowxzx

Part of Trevor Phillips enterprises

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:35 PM Edited by lilshadowxzx, 25 September 2013 - 09:38 PM.

My favorite detail was probably how lively Vespucci beach is, and the interactions with Chop- I love just playing fetch with Chop while going down the beach. 

How do you play fetch with chop is it just with the app or can you actually do it in the game.

Inventory wheel (for me L1 then there's a item called "ball" just throw it then when u want chop to return/bring the ball back you hit (for me < or left on the dpad) and voilla fetch :D!

Also on topic:

- Trucks are mostly in the country or industrial (the big rigs) and almost always have country radio on

-Peds will swerve to avoid hitting you on a rampage (driving super fast, cutting them off, etc.)

-Police sit on the side of the roads in the country (granted they dont pull you over unless you shoot or are wanted, still nice aesthetically)

-The litter around the city 

aandrew610
  • aandrew610

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

Today I was driving down the highway in the desert at night and I stopped by a police car . I look inside and the passenger cop is looking around with his flash light on I was shocked

I also love how if you listen to the "news" on the radio channels it talks about events you did in the missions

lilshadowxzx
  • lilshadowxzx

Part of Trevor Phillips enterprises

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:41 PM

Today I was driving down the highway in the desert at night and I stopped by a police car . I look inside and the passenger cop is looking around with his flash light on I was shocked

I also love how if you listen to the "news" on the radio channels it talks about events you did in the missions

I hear that if peds film you there's a (small) chance it will be on the news (the crime u did in freeroam they filmed.)

Haven't seen it personally, but it'd be a sweet feature.

apoapsis1001
  • apoapsis1001

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by apoapsis1001, 25 September 2013 - 11:12 PM.

sliding across the hood of cars is pretty neat. kinda reminds me of sliding over tables on rdr.  and when the cars gas tank gets shot, itll leak out until you run out of gas, which is pretty damn cool. and while roaming the woods, i got mauled by a pack of cougers. which brought back some great memories of red dead. 

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Fun fact: When you have a super car, the backfire from revving the engine lights gas!

GustavoMota
  • GustavoMota

Whatchu want, some wheels?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:47 PM Edited by BohanThug, 25 September 2013 - 11:48 PM.

Just got a wanted level as Franklin and I happened to be near Trevor's place, so I ducked into his little garage and hid on the stairs just outside his door. After a couple minutes, I get this text from him:

"That you creeping about? Better not be." LOL

JamesB__
  • JamesB__

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:56 PM

Just got a wanted level as Franklin and I happened to be near Trevor's place, so I ducked into his little garage and hid on the stairs just outside his door. After a couple minutes, I get this text from him:

HAVE to try this.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users