» «
Photo

I'm amazed by the little things.

98 replies to this topic
cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:57 PM Edited by cjspeed, 21 September 2013 - 11:01 PM.

So many amazing small details and someone needs to still piss and moan about something like dim tail lights (!).

What excuse is there for Rockstar to have screwed up the brake lights so badly and not one person at Rockstar noticed this apparently. Have these people ever seen brake lights before? It's so ridiculous and frustrating.

Their excuse is that this problem doesn't exist and you've completely made it up. There's nothing wrong with any tail lights or break lights. So, give it a rest.

Carjack a taxi (which is hard because the character constantly tries to get in the back but kick the cab first and usually it works). Speed up and lightly apply the brakes. Then come back and report your impression of the brake light brightness. Some cars have brake lights that are almost bright enough but many you can barely see.

Well, actually, it's not hard, you just hold Y/Triangle instead of tapping it like it tells you to in the top left of the screen. Maybe if i could trust you to pay attention to the game i'd take your complaints a bit more seriously.

Also, i just turned my xbox on specifically to try this out, and i can safely say that you have wasted my time. The lights are absolutely perfect, not dim in the slightest.

EDIT: Oh, and just to prove you wrong and make you look like the stupid whiney bitch you are in front of all these people, here's photo evidence of the rear brake lights working perfectly fine. With tail lights and without.

9863312913_bf37a751a6_z.jpg

9863216464_84daa05668_z.jpg

The only thing dim around here is you.

Krist075
  • Krist075

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

So many amazing small details and someone needs to still piss and moan about something like dim tail lights (!).

What excuse is there for Rockstar to have screwed up the brake lights so badly and not one person at Rockstar noticed this apparently. Have these people ever seen brake lights before? It's so ridiculous and frustrating.

Their excuse is that this problem doesn't exist and you've completely made it up. There's nothing wrong with any tail lights or break lights. So, give it a rest.

Carjack a taxi (which is hard because the character constantly tries to get in the back but kick the cab first and usually it works). Speed up and lightly apply the brakes. Then come back and report your impression of the brake light brightness. Some cars have brake lights that are almost bright enough but many you can barely see.

Well, actually, it's not hard, you just hold Y/Triangle instead of tapping it like it tells you to in the top left of the screen. Maybe if i could trust you to pay attention to the game i'd take your complaints a bit more seriously.

Also, i just turned my xbox on specifically to try this out, and i can safely say that you have wasted my time. The lights are absolutely perfect, not dim in the slightest.

EDIT: Oh, and just to prove you wrong and make you look like the stupid whiney bitch you are in front of all these people, here's photo evidence of the rear brake lights working perfectly fine. With tail lights and without.

If anything they have made the lights better. You can even turn off the lights at night which wasn´t possible in IV. And the tail lights go on aswell during daytime instead of just the head lights.

Goten21
  • Goten21

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Love how if you're in a backstreet, and it's night, and you push someone even a little, they already start a fight  :lol:

Or how the radio has their own dialogue, with conversations you could actually listen to without getting bored  :beerhat: Love non-stop Pop

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

First of all, I have a PS3, not an Xbox. Second, you took these pics at night--try it during the day. Third, the portion that is the brake light is too small as you can see. On most cars, the brake lights are the same as tail lights, just brighter. That's how it is with real crown vics for sure.

JRZ
  • JRZ

Real Horrorshow

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

I was playing yesterday and walked about knee deep in the water and then came back out. I could see that the pants of the protagonist had an effect that made them appear to be wet, but only up to the point where the clothing was touching the water. I thought that was a pretty cool detail.

JMan2
  • JMan2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

Agreed with the OP. So many great touches and aspects to this game even though I'm only about 16% in completion wise and have a lot to go. Brilliant game.

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:35 PM

First of all, I have a PS3, not an Xbox. Second, you took these pics at night--try it during the day. Third, the portion that is the brake light is too small as you can see. On most cars, the brake lights are the same as tail lights, just brighter. That's how it is with real crown vics for sure.

Well, the PS3 has slightly better graphical ability than the Xbox, so yours is performing and looking better than mine is. Secondly, it makes no difference, but, just to prove you wrong again i'll do it during the day tomorrow. And lastly, not sure if you know this but this is a game and not real life. Also, this is GTA and not Gran Turismo. This is not a Crown Victoria, it's a Taxi in GTA V. The light is not too small and it's not too dim. It's not dim at all.

Also, i think you'll find there are many cars that have rather small, or even just a row of LED-sized brake lights while their tail lights are actually full. Maybe if you left your bedroom once in a while you'd know what real cars looked like.

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

Well, the PS3 has slightly better graphical ability than the Xbox, so yours is performing and looking better than mine is. Secondly, it makes no difference, but, just to prove you wrong again i'll do it during the day tomorrow. And lastly, not sure if you know this but this is a game and not real life. Also, this is GTA and not Gran Turismo. This is not a Crown Victoria, it's a Taxi in GTA V. The light is not too small and it's not too dim. It's not dim at all.

Also, i think you'll find there are many cars that have rather small, or even just a row of LED-sized brake lights while their tail lights are actually full. Maybe if you left your bedroom once in a while you'd know what real cars looked like.

I spend time looking at car brake lights. By the way, thanks for trying this out and posting the pics here. I look forward to tomorrow's results.

Cock&Balls
  • Cock&Balls

Dipped in bread crumbs

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA Online]

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

I like it when you are walking in the mud, the protags steps are higher to get through the mud. Same thing in knee high water, you have to push through the water.

Also walking or jogging an incline, the way they lean forward. How they lean back and stumble (sometimes trip) while going down a steep incline.

The small sh*t the characters do when climbing over sh*t is nice. If it is a knee high wall they step up or slide across it, slide across hoods on cars, dive into water, everything in character animations department is awesome!

Goten21
  • Goten21

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:47 PM

I like it when you are walking in the mud, the protags steps are higher to get through the mud. Same thing in knee high water, you have to push through the water.

Also walking or jogging an incline, the way they lean forward. How they lean back and stumble (sometimes trip) while going down a steep incline.

The small sh*t the characters do when climbing over sh*t is nice. If it is a knee high wall they step up or slide across it, slide across hoods on cars, dive into water, everything in character animations department is awesome!

Plus, when you jump against a wall, you fall down. In SA, you jump against a wall, and you sub-realistically keep pushing against it like a ninja and then come down while at the jumping position 

Strengthcamp
  • Strengthcamp

Employee

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:48 PM

I walked up to someone in a convertible stopped at a red light, and I can hear the radio from outside the car.

Tyleroh
  • Tyleroh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:50 PM

The water. When your closer to the industrial-ish area the water is green but deeper out it's a clean blue.

HamSandwich
  • HamSandwich

HamSandwich

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

Loving the sound effects from big rain drops to driving down a dirt road sounds great in this gta

although the damage to a car is way different than gta4 (for better or for worse) i like all the scrapes dents and bumpers flying off in this one.

still i miss the tug boat from gta4

Dose any one know if kicking your engine will restart a car if its broke down? like it did in gta4

OMG give the break lights a rest!      lol

i think this thread got a little off topic. we should listen to & respect each other opinions. but People need to take the negativity over to the worst gta ever thread. ( we get down over there! )

Wildcat67
  • Wildcat67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

What?

I have completed the whole game, and not ONCE did it even enter my brain that tail lights were too dim.

Kind of a silly thing to complain about.

GustavoMota
  • GustavoMota

Whatchu want, some wheels?

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

How bright the brake lights are. What a ridiculously stupid thing to bitch about. Enjoy this masterpiece.

JMan2
  • JMan2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

The water. When your closer to the industrial-ish area the water is green but deeper out it's a clean blue.

The water is one of the best parts about the excellent graphics in this game. It just looks so real.

Wildcat67
  • Wildcat67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:57 PM

All you have to do is hold down Y to hijack a taxi.

Your idiocy is showing.

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:02 AM

Your idiocy is showing.

Thanks. I'm not an idiot though.

Wildcat67
  • Wildcat67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:03 AM

Your idiocy is showing.

You would have to be wouldn't you, to fail to figure out such a simple thing.

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:06 AM

You would have to be wouldn't you, to fail to figure out such a simple thing.

Rockstar failed to figure out that cars shouldn't decelerate so quickly or that brake lights shouldn't be so dim. Does that make them idiots? No. Sometimes people just mess up and fail to notice something.

KarbzKartel
  • KarbzKartel

It's Just Business

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:23 AM

Hey guys, guess what, I'm on the verge of suicide  :cry: I..I..just can't take life any more, I turned on my Xbox and played GTA today and I realised the break lights were dim, I am so confused right now, I just don't know what to do with myself, I might just end it all, I have a gun loaded on my desk. I can't believe R* would do this to me! I've been playing GTA since the first title, I haven't even got a girlfriend.  :dontgetit: I can't play with dim break lights, its just too much, I'm...I'm ready to pull the trigger, please R*, fix the break lights, you could save my life if you still care about me  :(. Screw all these positive features on the game, screw every bodies fun, dim break lights have ruined my life forever....

wvev4h.jpg

TheAdmiester
  • TheAdmiester

Saywha'?

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:27 AM

i was amazed to see that the big jets at the airport that you cant drive are still very much destroyable, played chicken with one in my tank and i won, ripped a whole wing off

You do realise that those planes ARE flyable, don't you? Run under the front landing gear of a parked one and get in.

JamesB__
  • JamesB__

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:37 AM

i was amazed to see that the big jets at the airport that you cant drive are still very much destroyable, played chicken with one in my tank and i won, ripped a whole wing off

You do realise that those planes ARE flyable, don't you? Run under the front landing gear of a parked one and get in.

Some of them are flyable, some aren't.

In Vinewood Hills the other day; drove past a house with some guy naked on his driveway. I stopped to check out what was going on, only to see his wife throwing clothes out the front window and shouting at him cause she caught him in bed with another woman.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

This game is f*cking amazing! The little details are common and mind blowing! I love the way:

• Drove an Elegy into the ghetto and upon pulling out of the LTD station a woman stood in front of my car and took photos
  • Invaded somebody's cow ranch near Zancudo and he got mad at me and said he would call the cops
  • The storms! :inlove: They start out boring or soothing and then slowly get fierce. The lighting is something to treasure and the way the puddles form and the drops! Oh man!
  • The way the waves are fierce during storms and crash upon the shore, literally. And then they are still and peaceful during regular weather. The water in this game is GORGEOUS!
  • The draw distance, the haze, the clarity, it is especially amazing in the country
  • Fishy residents in the country. Stood in front of a white ped as Franklin and he starting beating me up
  • Cop chases
  • The night is amazing! The city is bright at night and the countryside is dark at night
  • The headlights of cars, the taillights, you can tell halogen from HID, xenon, or LED.
  • The gritty details in the ghetto
  • etc, etc, etc!!! :D

How was this game possible? The graphics are intoxicating and the detail makes me wanna explode in excitement. Man!

• dimitrispgr likes this

LAPD 85
  • LAPD 85

The Cop

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 02:45 AM

I'm amazed at all of the interiors that Rockstar added to the game.  It makes the world really feel alive!  It's so fun to have shootouts with the police in all of these interiors!

Spoiler

TrueElement
  • TrueElement

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

My favorite is all of the effects from the rain,  I LOVE RAIN. Also when you drive your car on the boardwalk ear the beach, you can hear the sound that the tires make, like a thump haha its so small but makes such a huge difference.

• O.Z and like this

WPCatfish
  • WPCatfish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

I forgot about holdling 'Y' to jack a taxi, so I was shooting drivers, but that led to a police chase half the time when I wanted to be picking up fares.  Figured I'd be smart and kill a driver by rear ending one fast (even though crunching them in made the taxi's brake lights really dim) and parked next to it.  Got in on the passenger side because the driver's side was blocked.  When I did this, Franklin did not dump the cabbie, just shoved him over to the front passenger seat.

Answered two radio calls, each time, the fare ran away...guess they didn't like the idea of a corpse riding shotgun.  Couldn't get Franklin to pull the body out though, so I had to shoot the ex-cabbie, then he finally got dumped.

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Who the f*ck uses brakes in GTA anyways?

I kid.

But seriously American, your TV must be f*cked or your a poor troll.

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:57 PM

cjspeed, did you try out the taxi brake lights during the day yet? I tried them at night and they are decent on the PS3. But I suspect that the same problem exists on the Xbox 360 during the day. it looks like I was right and many players overlooked this!

backlynx
  • backlynx

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

i like how my booty-call sexts me from time to time with phrases like "cant wait for you to cum again"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users