Photo

I'm amazed by the little things.

98 replies to this topic
Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:41 AM

I was shooting up some peeps on the beach and I fell between a short curb and a bench. Laying there, I started to get up to move out and instead of standing up and unrealisticly stepping over the bench, Franklin crawls under the bench and then stands.

After the mission where Franklin meets Michael after attempting to take his son's car, I ran down to the corner to catch up with Franklin and they awkwardly greeted each other again and continued a conversation.

This game is astounding.

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Little things like the tiny extremely dim brake lights on many cars are not so amazing though.

xIIxFLAMERxIIx
  • xIIxFLAMERxIIx

The Shield Clan

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:49 AM

Another thing some people don't know is that if you open a car door and leave it open, the little beeping noise plays. Its faint but it makes the game feel so amazing. I came up on a police car with both its doors open in an alleyway and you could hear the door open sound from the street

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

Little things like the tiny extremely dim brake lights on many cars are not so amazing though.

Take your negativity to another thread please.
This is a thread purely for appreciating the great little touches in the game.

Little things I like are the hikers up in the mountains and people walking their dogs around the beach area.
  • KDDaniel likes this

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:22 PM

Take your negativity to another thread please.
This is a thread purely for appreciating the great little touches in the game.

Little things I like are the hikers up in the mountains and people walking their dogs around the beach area.

I'm just pointing out that Rockstar messes up some of the extremely obvious "little things," which is amazing because, like you point out, they are good with the subtle little things.

• chippy221 likes this

Laggard
  • Laggard

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

So many amazing small details and someone needs to still piss and moan about something like dim tail lights (!).

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Moan moan moan moan moan...

Take your moaning to the moaning threads please.

• weaver76 likes this

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:37 PM

I like that the little interior light goes on when the door opens. And it stays on when the door is ripped off.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Chop and the wimpers and sounds he makes.

Chop just makes me smile, it sucks though that we cannot take him into a chopper. (I only tried with the Maverick, can he enter the Frogger?)

• rhynonymous likes this

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Dont take anything for granted, it could all be gone soon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

Too many details to name...

-I love the sound of rain when it hits the roof of a car "thump thump thump"

-I love the improved AI in this game, such as the liquor store clerk recognizing you and smarter cops.

-The humor that IV lacked is back. I actually find myself literally laughing out loud sometimes (especially at Trevor's dialogue)

-In the rundown areas I actually feel scared and threatened. Gangs in IV wouldn't do anything to you and most of the time they would just run away and scream. Now in South LS gangs are actually dangerous and you have to be careful where you roam.

Skellyhell
  • Skellyhell

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

i was amazed to see that the big jets at the airport that you cant drive are still very much destroyable, played chicken with one in my tank and i won, ripped a whole wing off

Phopper
  • Phopper

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Lol
This guy needs a hug.

MGT86
  • MGT86

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

I don't know what your on but to me the brake lights  are  amazing on the tailgater and sentinel.

-I love the interaction with other people just said hi to someone and she starts telling me her life story haha

-love how people compliment your car

-love the graphics

-love the Ai is improved and they don't crash into you purposely and if you cut them off they flip you the finger

there are so many other things but i can't be botherd typing anymore, apart from a couple of let downs which i really mean only 2 everything else is just awesome how your cars save in missions or get impounded instead of vanishing into thin air is the one i think i like the most about it, but just how realistic this game feels gets me every time.

Goyo626
  • Goyo626

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:39 PM

It started raining. A NPC in a convertible put his top on.
  • TrueElement likes this

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:42 PM

So many amazing small details and someone needs to still piss and moan about something like dim tail lights (!).

What excuse is there for Rockstar to have screwed up the brake lights so badly and not one person at Rockstar noticed this apparently. Have these people ever seen brake lights before? It's so ridiculous and frustrating.

JamesB__
  • JamesB__

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:44 PM

I love how in the morning (5am-8am roughly) there are tractors going up and down the beach raking sand.

Foreverpast
  • Foreverpast

Polite Upon Request

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

During the day you have daytime driving lights that can be turned on.

At night you have both low & high beams, even for the Police Helicotper landing lights.

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

What excuse is there for Rockstar to have screwed up the brake lights so badly and not one person at Rockstar noticed this apparently. Have these people ever seen brake lights before? It's so ridiculous and frustrating.

Really?

Does it make you angry everytime you play? :sui:

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

Really?

Not as angry as the rapid deceleration but yeah, of course it does. It ruins the otherwise cool cars.

Jack Parkinson
  • Jack Parkinson

Old School GTA player.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:06 PM

Its the little things ,mentioned in this thread, that make GTA unique from all other games. It also,in my mind,means Rockstar fully merit the reported $1 Billion they made in 3 days. Its right that excellent game craftmanship is recognised not just in fans plaudits but financially too. Too many other games release a new version every year even though it doesnt merit the retail price etc. Its nice to see a company that puts in so much work in the little things as much as the big things

cjspeed
  • cjspeed

Dead and Divine

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Their excuse is that this problem doesn't exist and you've completely made it up. There's nothing wrong with any tail lights or break lights. So, give it a rest.

JamesB__
  • JamesB__

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

How can you get so annoyed by brake lights?  :lol:

MGT86
  • MGT86

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:20 PM

Really?

Not as angry as the rapid deceleration but yeah, of course it does. It ruins the otherwise cool cars.

Do you just  nitpick everything, if you had a new car you would be surprised how quickly they can stop, i don't know what's really wrong with GTA V handling, the cars do act differently, when your speeding through the city i can see it's a little arcadey but the graphics are that good they just really want you "Sit Back Relax And Shut Up" haha but honestly if you cruise in the game around vinewood hills you will feel the difference with different cars not much but there is a difference.

Joshua8903
  • Joshua8903

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:39 PM Edited by Joshua8903, 21 September 2013 - 10:57 PM.

I don't know about you guys, but when I drive in GTA V, I stare at the brake lights lol.

I love that they fixed the idiotic drivers from IV. I would be driving a new car, get rammed in the ass, get pissed off and drag the NPC out of their car and kill them and then I'd have to fix my damn car. So time consuming.

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:40 PM

Their excuse is that this problem doesn't exist and you've completely made it up. There's nothing wrong with any tail lights or break lights. So, give it a rest.

Carjack a taxi (which is hard because the character constantly tries to get in the back but kick the cab first and usually it works). Speed up and lightly apply the brakes. Then come back and report your impression of the brake light brightness. Some cars have brake lights that are almost bright enough but many you can barely see.

MGT86
  • MGT86

Peon

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

I just found out that if you listen closely to your car in a quiet area you can hear your fan or intercooler working turn it off and it keeps going for few seconds, get back in turn on the car few seconds later it comes back on  again, little things just keep getting better and better.

Quirx
  • Quirx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:47 PM

One little touch I like is the rumble strips along the edge of the freeways and some of the smaller highways. Overall, I think the details they put into the roads in this game are amazing. They're so much more realistic compared to the previous games and any other open world games with a road system that I've played. 

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

I just found out that if you listen closely to your car in a quiet area you can hear your fan or intercooler working turn it off and it keeps going for few seconds, get back in turn on the car few seconds later it comes back on  again, little things just keep getting better and better.

Yeah, that's nice but we would rather have something that is more blatant like proper brake light brightness and normal deceleration.

Laggard
  • Laggard

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:53 PM Edited by Laggard, 21 September 2013 - 10:56 PM.

I never noticed this monumental f-up. Just playing now and still don't see the problem. Perhaps its your tv?

The funny thing is if rockstar gave these whiners the realism they want they'd still find something to complain about. "I got shot once and died!" "I keep getting speeding tickets!"

Harwood-Butcher
  • Harwood-Butcher

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Wait till he finds a glitch in the game, then he'll be going postal :devil:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users