Photo

Dislike switching characters?

5 replies to this topic
Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

So does anyone else feel the same way I do and wish rather then switching from character to character we would've been giving the choice to pick one of the 3 from the beginning? I feel no real connection or immersion because of it. Another thing that gets me is the fact that you don't start with a fresh character like in previous GTA's where you build up your stats and choose your safe houses. Any how the rest of the game to me is solid and I'm enjoying every minute of it just thought I'd share my views on the game thus far.

Pinpoof
  • Pinpoof

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

Dude I feel the exact same way.. and its a bigger complaint from me as I continue the story.. I hate how you cant share cars between the three, I dont like how some characters have the option to purchase properties others cant. Idk its just taking the fun out of it for me.. it waters down the thrill of collecting cars when you can only use the car with the character you were playing as.. Then to top it off.. they change their clothes when you dont play them so everytime I switch I have to change cloths.. I feel like they tried to hard in the wrong areas when making this game its a real let down.. I hope online changes my mind.
  • American likes this

Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

Dude I feel the exact same way.. and its a bigger complaint from me as I continue the story.. I hate how you cant share cars between the three, I dont like how some characters have the option to purchase properties others cant. Idk its just taking the fun out of it for me.. it waters down the thrill of collecting cars when you can only use the car with the character you were playing as.. Then to top it off.. they change their clothes when you dont play them so everytime I switch I have to change cloths.. I feel like they tried to hard in the wrong areas when making this game its a real let down.. I hope online changes my mind.

Agreed as well on the changing clothes part I hate that too! 

Fallout3
  • Fallout3

Cereal Killer

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:55 AM Edited by Fallout3, 21 September 2013 - 03:57 AM.

Maybe I shouldn't be making such assumptions but why are all the complainers people who make accounts within a few hours. Like you two above. But anyway, I don't really have a problem with it.

Digitalbulletz
  • Digitalbulletz

bad ass mofo

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:01 AM

Maybe I shouldn't be making such assumptions but why are all the complainers people who make accounts within a few hours. Like you two above. But anyway, I don't really have a problem with it.

who cares how long I've had my account for I can still voice my opinion can I not? Obviously or else they'd set a post minimum before you could start your own thread...Any how like I said I enjoy the game just ONE thing that I didn't like.

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:31 AM Edited by PkUnzipper, 21 September 2013 - 04:34 AM.

This.  Plus the fact certain activities/hobbies are restricted to certain charcters. IMO Trevor has the best miscellaneous and side missions in the game. These are also the most rewarding cashwise Stuff like the Bounty hunting and hunting (Trevor only), Assassination missions (Franklin only) and Street Races (again Franklin only). All 3 of them can do off road racing, but only Franklin can do street racing? That doesn't make sense.

Yes these hobbies are all related to each character's special ability and what they like doing based on their personalities and status quo.  But it sucks that you can't access all these activites for each character. Why couldn't this have been possible after 100% completion?  Why can't Franklin raid the hemp farm like Trevor? Why does Trevor get the most $$$ side missions like air/ground arm trafficking? Why can't Micheal go hunting? Why is Yoga only limited to Micheal etc? :/

More stupid restrictions like only Micheal and Trevor being able to play tennis (still bewildered why TREVOR of all 3 characters should take a shining to tennis here.   This as a favorite pastime isn't exactly fitting for a confirmed homo-erotic psychopath TBH.  :lol:  ). And again Franklin.  Franklin can golf, play darts, fly, do sea races and the triathlon, yet can't play tennis??? 

Add the lack of interactive stores to rob sandbox, clothing/hair customization limitations for Micheal & Trevor, and shortage of purchaseable player houses that you can buy (whenever you feel like buying them).  These are real immersion killers R*. :/

So does anyone else feel the same way I do and wish rather then switching from character to character we would've been giving the choice to pick one of the 3 from the beginning? I feel no real connection or immersion because of it. Another thing that gets me is the fact that you don't start with a fresh character like in previous GTA's where you build up your stats and choose your safe houses. Any how the rest of the game to me is solid and I'm enjoying every minute of it just thought I'd share my views on the game thus far.

would have also preferred a more linear style like this early in the game.  Introduce all 3 characters by the 4th or 5th mission.  Then allow us to pick which characters we want to follow for rest of the game.

• Digitalbulletz likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users