» «
Photo

Tv settings for gta v. Helping you.

15 replies to this topic
METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:56 AM Edited by METALPUNK, 21 September 2013 - 05:16 AM.

After many thread about jagged edges with gta v I thought is give my input with years of experience. This will help you get the best picture out of gta v and your other games.

-turn off anything like dynamic contrast, edge enhancers or black tones. The game developers did not develop this game thinking these feature would be on. Basically turn off anything that enchantes the picture. It's not good for games.

-auto motion plus it blur reduction is not good as well. It may look ok but it causes a delay and can make it so your not the best at what you do.

-here's a big one or ps3 owners(not sure if Xbox360 had this) rgb limited and full. It should always be set to limited unless your tv can support it or your using a of monitor. There are websites on your ps3 you could use to see if your tv supports rgb full. Or you can use a blu ray movie. It's the thing with all the colors to adjust your screen to make it easy for you. Rgb full has more colors but if your tv doesn't support it they will wash out.

-Sharpness. This is a biggy. It needs to be off or very low.

Ok so once you do all this you'll notice the screen looks very blurry. This is normal. You may not even like the way it looks at first but you need to give time for your eyes to adjust especially if you've been playing games with those settings for years. I promise once you get adjusted you'll have a better picture. I've worked doing this for a while and when I go and to calibrate someone's tv they normally have all those options on since they are ok by default. Games were not meant to be seen this way. Also once you do as I say you may need to go in and adjust your other options like brightness, color, saturation etc. just play around with it or a bit and you'll get to a point that you'll like.

Also to note game mode on tv's isn't always best. For some reason a lot of those gimmicky options are turned on.

Glad I can give my input.

-
  • deyessorc, BagelsWithCheese and doutee8 like this

Startug
  • Startug

No Custom Title Here...

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:31 AM

This thread should be stickied. Why has no one looked at it yet?

• deyessorc likes this

deyessorc
  • deyessorc

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:15 AM

Thanks for the advice op! I just turned my sharpness down almost all the way, turned off pixel plus (you recommend that?) and turned off the dynamic contrast...

So what about DNR.. It is set to medium... Should I turn that off also? I am on a 50 inch Phillips plasma, 720p... not the best tv but gets the job done.. For GTA iv, the dark is ridiculous, for that and other games I have to turn up the brightness a ton just to see.

So with the sharpness down, the words seem a bit more blurry, this is normal?

I very much appreciate your advice.

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:31 AM

Also make sure your resolution is set to 1080pi or 1080i

StarVisitor
  • StarVisitor

GTA #1 FANBOY / Loyal R* Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:33 AM

Good thread so supporting it even though I haven't experienced this.

Franklin Clinton
  • Franklin Clinton

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

I keep reading threads like this but when I follow stuff like this my game looks worse. Turns sharpness down just makes everything blurry and how people can play like that is beyond me. I have my black tones and dynamic contrast set to medium and it looks alot better than having it off. Every Tv is different i suggest people just keep playing with the settings

GuantanamoObama
  • GuantanamoObama

That is to say, Cunnilingus

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:44 AM

After many thread about jagged edges with gta v I thought is give my input with years of experience. This will help you get the best picture out of gta v and your other game.

-turn off anything like dynamic contrast, edge enhancers or black tones. The game developers did not develop this game thinking these feature would be on. Basically turn off anything that enchantes the picture. It's not good for games.

-auto motion plus it blur reduction is not good as well. It may look ok but it causes a delay and can make it so your not the best at what you do.

-here's a big one or ps3 owners(not sure if Xbox360 had this) rgbd limited and full. It should always be set to limited unless your tv can support it or your using a of monitor. There are websites on your ps3 you could use to see if your tv supports rbg full. Or you can use a blu ray movie. It's the thing with all the colors to adjust your screen to make it easy for you. Rgb full has more colors but if your tv doesn't support it they will wash out.

-Sharpness. This is a biggy. It needs to be off or very low.

Ok so once you do all this you'll notice the screen looks very blurry. This is normal. You may not even like the way it looks at first but you need to give time for your eyes to adjust especially if you've been playing games with those settings for years. I promise once you get adjusted you'll have a better picture. I've worked doing this for a while and when I go and to calibrate someone's tv they normally have all those options on since they are ok by default. Games were not meant to be seen this way. Also once you do as I say you may need to go in and adjust your other options like brightness, color, saturation etc. just play around with it or a bit and you'll get to a point that you'll like.

Also to note game mode on tv's isn't always best. For some reason a lot of those gimmicky options are turned on.

Glad I can give my input.

-

Where would I find auto motion plus on my TV's settings? 

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:05 AM

For those that say things look blurry for you when trying these settings that is very normal. They will be blurry but once you get used to it you'll love it. I've done this to many peoples tv and they always say the same thing. It's blurry at first but once your eyes adjust it's worth it.

Tv's are different when it comes to settings but the idea is basic and the same all around. Sometime the sharpness needs to go up a little higher. Just play with it and you'll find the right setting.

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

Also for some reason rockstar games a little tricky to get right. The blacks can be super black or super washed out. This game takes a little of messing around on your tv settings to get right.

Another thing to try is turning down the brightness a bit I have mine about 35%. I'm talking ingame setting not tv.

One last note for those who feel the HUD is a little to far in. There's a setting right below the brightness in the game, it's called something safe zone I think. If your turn it all the way up and exit you'll notice the HUD moves out the edge giving you a better view.

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:14 AM

A little note about rgb. If this is set to full on your ps3(not sure about xbox) and your tv doesn't support it your going to get a horrible color palette. It needs to be on limited if your tv doesn't support it.

Philminator
  • Philminator

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:26 PM Edited by Philminator, 23 September 2013 - 09:31 PM.

A little note about rgb. If this is set to full on your ps3(not sure about xbox) and your tv doesn't support it your going to get a horrible color palette. It needs to be on limited if your tv doesn't support it.

I have an insignia 38.5" LED hdmi and for the life of me I can't figure out if I should be on full or limited RGB. Cross colour and deep color? What should those settings be on for my tv if anyone knows

General_Lee47
  • General_Lee47

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:19 PM Edited by General_Lee47, 24 September 2013 - 06:33 PM.

I play on ps3 have an LG 39LN5300 LED TV and have been recently tinkering with the picture settings.

These settings just don't look good. I just upgraded from a 39 tube tv, and these settings make it barely better than that old thing.

I'm no expert, but I'm guessing it is because different televisions require different settings to look its best. It's also due in big part to preference.

With sharpness at very low or off, the jagged edges are less profound, but that is because the image is more blurry and less detailed

My vertical and horizontal sharpness settings go to 50, and I settled around 18 to 20 to avoid obviously notable jaggedness. Any lower than 15 and the detail is lost.

Also, my picture looks much more clear and realistic with a high dynamic contrast. Without it, the picture appears washed out.

Low black level really helped the picture's clarity, while "off" or "high" washed out the colors.

It seems to me that all of the picture setting options, including a large number that you do not mention, must work in tandem to produce the best picture.

The thread did help me to experiment and research this more, and through trial and error I have found settings that I'm very happy with. So thanks for this thread.

*Edit: Sharpness at 15 is perfect for me. 20 brings out the jaggedness a bit too much.

Also, that tip about game brightness helped a lot. I didn't realize how much that would also impact the picture. I had ignored the ingame settings this entire time, lawls.

Franklin Clinton
  • Franklin Clinton

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:58 PM Edited by Franklin Clinton, 24 September 2013 - 09:59 PM.

I think its safe to say TV wont help with issues like this.

If you have problems like this PLEASE upload pictures in this thread or HERE I will be sending them off to R*. Its a game killer for me they need to know about it.

bowg.png

dsa6.png

GuythatplaysGTAtoomuch
  • GuythatplaysGTAtoomuch

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:01 PM

i heard someone on another thread recommend that i put my HDMI to dish out 720p with sharpness all the way down?

PixelGaming
  • PixelGaming

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

Seriously, this is an epic thread. Stick it mods.

Jack188817
  • Jack188817

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:09 PM

i heard someone on another thread recommend that i put my HDMI to dish out 720p with sharpness all the way down?

Yeah, it helps, well it did for me.

1080p might look better if your Tv has good scaling though

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users