Photo

What time is GTA: O Launching?

56 replies to this topic
Proxima
  • Proxima

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

I know it comes out on October 1st, but, is it going to be unlocked around (for example) the USA at midnight like a midnight release? Or are we going to have to wait for a patch during the day to open it up?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for midnight, but not counting on it.

TiraTequila
  • TiraTequila

One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:51 AM

Was asking myself the same thing earlier...

Stormingz
  • Stormingz

Menace to society.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:11 AM

Good question.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:42 AM

Doesn't matter for me, as a member of PS Plus, it'll auto update.
  • TrickishDonkey likes this

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:48 PM

Doesn't matter for me, as a member of PS Plus, it'll auto update.

I think he's asking more about when we can play.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:05 PM

Expect October 1st 23:59, then you won't be disappointed in the time :D

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Doesn't matter, I took the 1st and 2nd off of work :p

code117
  • code117

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:17 PM

I tweeted rockstar on this and was told they didn't have that info just yet. Was wondering as timezones are different everywhere, so midnight for me is 6pm the day before for others I know.

Does anyone know where the GTA Servers are held, so we can at least get a guesstimate.

human_nature42
  • human_nature42

Who'z To Know?

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

Doesn't matter, I took the 1st and 2nd off of work :p

I'm glad I'm not the only one but I took 4 days off....I'm stocked up on food..I'm laying low for days!!!

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

GTA:O launchs near midnight> Server get raped up the ass HARD> ETA wait time until everything gets under control> October 1st 9:00+

Alternate scenario

Servers handle everything and it goes fine

Proxima
  • Proxima

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:18 PM

GTA:O launchs near midnight> Server get raped up the ass HARD> ETA wait time until everything gets under control> October 1st 9:00+

Alternate scenario

Servers handle everything and it goes fine

Well, if you need to download a small patch to play GTA: O, doesn't PSN and XBL update at 6am EST? I could be wrong. I hope I am, because I want to play it at midnight :p

Euan
  • Euan

Square Civilian

• Members
  • Albania

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:38 PM

I'm expecting 12am for Great Britain, seeing as how Rockstar are a Scottish company :p

MactoTillDeath
  • MactoTillDeath

Snitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

This is just a best guess, as no one knows for sure ;)

But digital content downloads are the responsibility of XBL and PSN. What I mean by that is, your console knows when it reaches midnight in your time zone, and as such it should make the download available to everyone at different times all over the world. Doing it like this will also prevent all players from hitting the GTAO servers at one time, and will allow 24 hours of spacing.

Mason27
  • Mason27

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:57 PM Edited by Mason27, 26 September 2013 - 09:58 PM.

I tweeted rockstar on this and was told they didn't have that info just yet. Was wondering as timezones are different everywhere, so midnight for me is 6pm the day before for others I know.

Does anyone know where the GTA Servers are held, so we can at least get a guesstimate.

Everywhere.  I saw that they have locations all over the US and in Europe.  

EDIT: ^The servers, that is.  

snacker111
  • snacker111

GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

10:57:12 P.M

• SummersJr27 likes this

Fiery_Irish
  • Fiery_Irish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:19 PM Edited by Fiery_Irish, 26 September 2013 - 11:20 PM.

The thing is will it be unlocked through a title update or will there be something we have to go and download from the store or our download list?

'

DaRkL3AD3R
  • DaRkL3AD3R

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

That's the real question. If there is indeed a download (which we already pretty much have confirmed there will be) then it's likely that we will be looking at working around MS/Sony's schedule. So whenever they push updates through their respective services is most likely when we will be able to hop online.

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:25 AM

Xbox normally updates 2 am pst. Probably by 4 am it will be up.

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

This is just a best guess, as no one knows for sure ;)

But digital content downloads are the responsibility of XBL and PSN. What I mean by that is, your console knows when it reaches midnight in your time zone, and as such it should make the download available to everyone at different times all over the world. Doing it like this will also prevent all players from hitting the GTAO servers at one time, and will allow 24 hours of spacing.

No... Just.... No.... That's not how it works.

Proxima
  • Proxima

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

That's the real question. If there is indeed a download (which we already pretty much have confirmed there will be) then it's likely that we will be looking at working around MS/Sony's schedule. So whenever they push updates through their respective services is most likely when we will be able to hop online.

Exactly what I was saying. I'm hoping MS/Sony will see how big of a deal GTA V/GTA: O is, and allow the patch to roll out at midnight in it's respective zones rather than forcing an excited player base to wait until morning.

Mavsynchroid
  • Mavsynchroid

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

Exactly what I was saying. I'm hoping MS/Sony will see how big of a deal GTA V/GTA: O is, and allow the patch to roll out at midnight in it's respective zones rather than forcing an excited player base to wait until morning.

I doubt they'd Care. 12 hours to them doesn't mean a damn thing

mikekolesar
  • mikekolesar

I LIKE KUMQUATS W/O THE QUATS

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:21 AM

Call of Duty map packs since World at War, to my knowledge, have all released on the Xbox 360 marketplace around 5:00-6:15am EST. Most recently the Black Ops 2 map packs have came out at around 5:45am EST. 

This is just a very rough estimate. I know i'm talking about a game DLC but to my knowledge Call of Duty DLC is the most recent highly anticipated marketplace downloads and we can get some data from those releases.

SkyArmor
  • SkyArmor

i like trains

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:24 AM

im hoping for at least 12 am BST so we americans can play it during the day when overseas go nap nap so the servers wont crash

Proxima
  • Proxima

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

im hoping for at least 12 am BST so we americans can play it during the day when overseas go nap nap so the servers wont crash

They could do that, or start doing a rolling release, where each time zone get's it at Midnight. Because of how big GTA is, and GTA: O is going to be, it'd make more sense to do it that way, so they have 3 hours to separate people rolling in, and possibly able to address issues before the next time zone gets it.

ZombCreations
  • ZombCreations

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

I cannot explain how excited I am to make my character. I wish they would let us make them ahead of time so I can just get it over with. I like this whole 2 week thing. We got a brand new game 2 weeks ago, now were getting the excitement of getting a new game again. Well done rockstar.

SummersJr27
  • SummersJr27

SummersJr27

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:26 PM

I couldn't take off work on the 1st and don't get home til 5PM Eastern. So my guess is, it will be out already by then, but with so many people trying to download and play. I'm probably going to end up with some kind of complications. If I don't I will be very surprised and impressed with XBOX Live and R*. But with that in mind I'm not even getting my hopes up, when Thursday afternoon rolls around, i'll be ready to game straight until monday morning. 

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

I got this nasty feeling that we'll get a delay :(

Hopefully it will be 00.00 Scotland time though.

RhainbowGames
  • RhainbowGames

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:52 AM

I'd also like to have an answer to this, since I live in Australia and I'm wondering if I'll have to wait until it's midnight in the US for me to play. I hope we find out soon.

DubYaBush
  • DubYaBush

GTAo - BHoD

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

If it is a midnight release and im up playing and waitng will I have to go into my PS3 settings and update manually or would I have to restart my PS3 to update it at midnight.

Or...will the download be in the Online tab in the pause menu in-game?

Can any1 answer this for me?:)

SilencedScream
  • SilencedScream

Masked Maniacal Man Mass Murders Millions, Maybe, Man

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:00 PM

It most likely won't be a "midnight release."

"According to a post from the comments section of the Rockstar Newswire website on Sept. 25, a representative from the company stated that they can not currently confirm when exactly the online multiplayer segment of the open-world action-adventure video game will be made available on its launch date."

Source: http://www.examiner....eft-auto-online

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users