Photo

Can we disable the stupid "bad sport"?

111 replies to this topic
GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:37 PM

I see someone is taking the "U Mad" approach to conversation.

Bravo iMac

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:12 PM

I see someone is taking the "U Mad" approach to conversation.

Bravo iMac

*EyeMac

ered
  • ered

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:29 PM Edited by ered, 24 September 2013 - 09:35 PM.

I found out the reason for bad sport: we can buy ingame cash and rockstar doesn't want people who do to get robbed or loose the ingame items they bought.

Ehm, you know that rockstar stated more then 1000 times that if someone kills you, you are going to lose all you're money so you have to put it in a bank.

How difficult is it to understand that.

They even said that after a heist the guy that took the money can divide it and if you don't agree with him you can kill him and get all the money yourself.

And they also told us you can just steal cars, they even showed it in the trailer.

Bad sport thing is for people that f*ck the whole online experience that rockstar wants to use for 5+ years.

Like people that keep spawn killing people, blowing up everybody's car, get a tank and f*ck everybody that enters the game etc.

Not for small things like stealing a car,killing someone etc

Odysseus
  • Odysseus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:55 PM

It ain't based on breaking GTA laws and killing civillians and such. It's on your actions towards other players, so if you mess up other people's fun you're gonna get bad sport rep. 

• DaCosta likes this

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:15 PM

It ain't based on breaking GTA laws and killing civillians and such. It's on your actions towards other players, so if you mess up other people's fun you're gonna get bad sport rep. 

And you can probably choose to avoid or to play with "Bad Sports" players, as you prefer. Some people might like to play with other Bad Sports because it would be a complete anarchy game so I think it's good you can get labelled as such.

DEERxBanshee
  • DEERxBanshee

Badder den dem

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:21 PM

Progamergov you are an annoying twat
  • EyeMacHunt and Fizwalker like this

Odysseus
  • Odysseus

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

And you can probably choose to avoid or to play with "Bad Sports" players, as you prefer. Some people might like to play with other Bad Sports because it would be a complete anarchy game so I think it's good you can get labelled as such.

A "passive" mode has been confirmed by R* which allows you to do what you want without any interruption from Online players. 

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

f*ck you all that support this system I play gta I wanna kill people and steal cars and duck sh*t up without out some fa**ot reporting me for playing gta the way you're supposed to

And I'm sure you're one of those people who play hard core search and destroy in cod and spawn kill your entire team

Fizwalker
  • Fizwalker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

You know, all this bitching and moaning about sh*t we don't have a clue about kinda makes me want to see how far I can get by playing by the rules... You know, following traffic laws, etc... Winning Triathlons and sh*t. It ought to be a lark just to see how far I can go!

Itislupus
  • Itislupus

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:41 AM Edited by Itislupus, 25 September 2013 - 12:41 AM.

Why don't you have the option to disable helicopter than? Rather than ruining the game.

But seriously read this: http://gamingbolt.co...eft-auto-online So when did Rockstar adopt club penguins online rules?

There is a broad line between "bad sport" and general game play. That's what I read. Shouting abuse at a player. That's a bad sport, trapping a player at spawn? Bad sport. Doing a drive by on some mofos? general game play. Running around with only a rocket launcher. You're a dick. But still general game play.

Just because the game is about bring a criminal doesn't mean there shouldn't be any guidelines.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:05 PM

Progamergov you are an annoying twat

Lol most of you guys just flamebaiting and raging its so funny!

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:06 PM

Why don't you have the option to disable helicopter than? Rather than ruining the game.

But seriously read this: http://gamingbolt.co...eft-auto-online So when did Rockstar adopt club penguins online rules?

There is a broad line between "bad sport" and general game play. That's what I read. Shouting abuse at a player. That's a bad sport, trapping a player at spawn? Bad sport. Doing a drive by on some mofos? general game play. Running around with only a rocket launcher. You're a dick. But still general game play.

Just because the game is about bring a criminal doesn't mean there shouldn't be any guidelines.

Thats not how Rockstar described it...

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

Why don't you reiterate how they described it, rather than going of on a tirade about how you imagine it then?

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:15 PM Edited by ProGamerGov, 25 September 2013 - 02:19 PM.

Why don't you reiterate how they described it, rather than going of on a tirade about how you imagine it then?

“This kind of goes down two paths. One is the fun battling between players, and the other is, “This guy’s just a pain in the arse.” We’ve spent a lot of time on what we call “bad sports.” Anyone that’s misbehaving, whether it’s blowing up someone’s car or shouting abuse–anything that pisses people off–we can track that. The game can track that, and you can report them. If anybody’s a bad sport, then we deal with them,”

Notice what he says and what happens to bad sports and how we aren't allowed to destroy peoples vehicles even once or do anything that may upset someone.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:38 PM Edited by tre288, 25 September 2013 - 04:39 PM.

“This kind of goes down two paths. One is the fun battling between players, and the other is, “This guy’s just a pain in the arse.” We’ve spent a lot of time on what we call “bad sports.” Anyone that’s misbehaving, whether it’s blowing up someone’s car or shouting abuse–anything that pisses people off–we can track that. The game can track that, and you can report them. If anybody’s a bad sport, then we deal with them,”

Notice what he says and what happens to bad sports and how we aren't allowed to destroy peoples vehicles even once or do anything that may upset someone.

So you post a direct quote (without a source) and still manage to spin it into your own misconstrued crap.

No.. I did not notice how he says what happens to bad sports and how we aren't allowed to destroy peoples cars even once..

The quote gives a brief understanding of what badsport is going to be for, nothing else is explained and nothing else is described about it. You don't know how they'll be dealt with, and you don't know the extremes a person needs to go in blowing up people's cars in order to get a bad sport rep.

Please... stop.

N3W Quickness
  • N3W Quickness

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

I kind of like sport I can use it in my own advantage.

Phyxsius-
  • Phyxsius-

Just lil me

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

Seriously is there any way we can disable the "bad sport" thing? It's stupid as hell for a f*ckng gta game.

Anyone who is an actual bad sport will be using this on other people.

Nah. Wanna be an asshole? GREAT! You just won a one way ticket to a lobby full of assholes. Have fun, you asshole!

Oh, you mean you wanna GRIEF people, without a reprimand? Tough luck.. it will work for a day or two, then you`ll get the lobbies you deserve... 

The Shadow
  • The Shadow

Silence is golden

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:46 PM Edited by Shadow_Belt, 25 September 2013 - 05:47 PM.

Why is everyone complaining about people that do stuff that you disagree? I mean look back at the trailer "Just what you choose in that world is UP TO YOU". People can do anything they want, you can't tell them what to do. Even that i disagree about griefing and i would still be annoyed by my cars getting blown up and raging when i lose a lot of money, still people can do WHATEVER THEY WANT!

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

Why is everyone complaining about people that do stuff that you disagree? I mean look back at the trailer "Just what you choose in that world is UP TO YOU". People can do anything they want, you can't tell them what to do. Even that i disagree about griefing and i would still be annoyed by my cars getting blown up and raging when i lose a lot of money, still people can do WHATEVER THEY WANT!

People can do whatever they want anywhere and still get told what to do. Still need guidelines and rules to keep from anarchy and ruining the experience of the game Rockstar wanted to convey.

SideburnGuru
  • SideburnGuru

He'll be a god to them.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:50 PM

Yeah, they can. 

And you're going to be marked a bad sport if you do anything that qualifies you as a bad sport. It's fair. 

Foxhunt
  • Foxhunt

Highway To Hell

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

Let's say a Team of 8 people from Crew X are planning a Robbery on a Bank.

Two more people enter but are not allowed to join the Robbery due to having to split even more money.

As the Team of 8 rob the Bank and are just about to leave the Bank with their loot, the other two outsiders wait outside and gun down the Robbers and steal their money.

Would anyone report anyone in that scenario for "Bad Sport"?  :D

Your signature is the perfect answer to your last line. I think this whole 'Bad Sport' thing will be abused to all hell. Most people you encounter will probably have a 'bad sport' rep even if they are not a bad sport.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Let's say a Team of 8 people from Crew X are planning a Robbery on a Bank.

Two more people enter but are not allowed to join the Robbery due to having to split even more money.

As the Team of 8 rob the Bank and are just about to leave the Bank with their loot, the other two outsiders wait outside and gun down the Robbers and steal their money.

Would anyone report anyone in that scenario for "Bad Sport"?  :D

Your signature is the perfect answer to your last line. I think this whole 'Bad Sport' thing will be abused to all hell. Most people you encounter will probably have a 'bad sport' rep even if they are not a bad sport.

yes, that is to be expected and will probably be the new standard! :)

I am certain you will meet people online that will Bad Sport you just for jaywalking :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users