Photo

Can we disable the stupid "bad sport"?

111 replies to this topic
ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

Really happy RockStar fixed this "Turbo Controller" sh*t, even though in GTAIV I was good for Trigger Fire, it's kinda annoying how some dickhead has a Turbo. Aint my fault you turn on your turbo because I got my trigger finger from fingering my gf. Anyways RockStar fixed this. Examples.
-Turbo Controllers
-Rolling everytwo seconds(RDR and MP3)
-Corner Glitching(Still kinda in GTAV)
-Also a dickhead Who acts like he's from the ghetto, when its Possible if he came to NYC, Bronx he'd get his sh*t clapped.(Lol)
Pretty much Bad Sport with be an Option that pops up after getting your Car/Plane/Boat blown up or jacked after a certain amount of times by a Certain player. Not killing them over and over, It'll be mostly used for harassing a Certain PLAYER. Don't worry. They can't just pick your name on their phone(Or whatever will be used) and Place you as a Bad Sport. Hopefully Private Lobbies will come back, for friends and sh*t.

We all know how well that system works for halo games, people do it for the fun of it and because they are given the ability to be assholes.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:39 AM

I don't know about this idea. GTA really is about smoking people... If we get a consequence for it, I don't really see the point in having the freedom to do it... I don't really care about the Bad Sport thing. I'll be ruining heists, destroying cars, and robbing other players every day.

• Privatechief117 likes this

Fizwalker
  • Fizwalker

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:48 AM

Given some thought on the subject, I think I'd only really report someone for spawn camping hospitals (assuming it puts you back in the same hospital after you die outside said hospital-- I skipped IV so this will be the first GTA multiplayer I'll be playing), or what I'd call griefing (hunting down 1 player, to the exclusion of all else and killing them repeatedly. I've played EVE, so I'm kinda used to idiots screwing around with others. 

Speaking of EVE though, it reminds me of a piece of advice there that might apply here: "Don't drive something you cannot afford to lose."

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:00 AM Edited by ProGamerGov, 23 September 2013 - 05:02 AM.

Given some thought on the subject, I think I'd only really report someone for spawn camping hospitals (assuming it puts you back in the same hospital after you die outside said hospital-- I skipped IV so this will be the first GTA multiplayer I'll be playing), or what I'd call griefing (hunting down 1 player, to the exclusion of all else and killing them repeatedly. I've played EVE, so I'm kinda used to idiots screwing around with others. 

Speaking of EVE though, it reminds me of a piece of advice there that might apply here: "Don't drive something you cannot afford to lose."

Yea, eve is a good example. You have to be careful with your valuables. I would be robbed on my way to eve's version of banks regularly. It didn't ruin the game for me, in fact it was some awesome gameplay avoiding the pirates.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 06:13 AM

Incidentally the whole Kamikaze Golf thing isn't going to work.  You won't be able to hurt people who are involved in such Mini Games.

You can still grief though, but all it will get you is a Bad Sport rep, Avoided, and if appropriate Reported.

If you enjoy ruining the game for others I'll enjoy doing whatever I can to ensure I don't have to play with you.  I get it that you like making it Not Fun for others and I can see why that might be fun for you, but I don't much enjoy it.

ered
  • ered

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:25 AM

Why don't you have the option to disable helicopter than? Rather than ruining the game.
But seriously read this: http://gamingbolt.co...eft-auto-online So when did Rockstar adopt club penguins online rules?

No need to worry ProGamerGov.

You can bet on that Rockstar only looks at "Bad Sports" if they have a HUGE amount of reports.

Only then they'd check that particular player more carefully and tracks what he has done (if it really is a legitimate Bad Sport).

Nothing will happen if you are a good sport, even with 300+ Bad Sport-reports, since they can track what you've done.

And nothing will happen if you really are a Bad Sport every now and then, it will most assumedly require at least 100+ Reports in a short time for Rockstar to look into it further and do something about it.

If you're a Bad Sport and get let's say 300+ Reports in two days, then it would be viable to check into that player more carefully.

I'd be more careful with shouting abuse and harassing people verbally, that could cause a reaction from RS much quicker i'm sure.
Question is exactly what the criteria for it is and why xbl's system couldn't work as it does the same thing mostly. The way Rockstar worded it is players who swear or who blow up other player are bad sports.
What if me and a group of freinds cruise around in free roam and steal a car? Or have air support operated by another player? People would vote us being bad sports even thought killing and stealing are huge parts of the game. Or what if I said to someone "I am going to f*ck you up!" now that's apparently bad sport behavior. People will never take the time to rate nice players, they will rate players they hate regardless of what they do.

Bad sport should only be for cheating, serious harassment like sexism. But Rockstar words it like killing and stealing fall under that category as well. So when I play free roam online, I'd like to not have to worry about being dealt with for killing unless I cheat.
Its pretty logic that if you keep blowing up vehicles & players you should get a bad sport.
They already told us that you can steal cars & kill people(because they told us you can have insurance & you can lose all you're money when some one kills you)

Sleepy187.
  • Sleepy187.

Infamous

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:04 AM

I don't know about this idea. GTA really is about smoking people... If we get a consequence for it, I don't really see the point in having the freedom to do it... I don't really care about the Bad Sport thing. I'll be ruining heists, destroying cars, and robbing other players every day.

You're the type of guy who enjoys destorying other people's cars, and when yours gets destroyed, you go ahead and cry a river.

I'm so glad we got a "bad sport" thing in the game.

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

crashing a plane into a golf course while a player lines up for the putt will probably make you a bad sport.

Shame. I really want to do the latter activity.

That is an excellent idea. Thanks!

You do realize that last one was a joke, right? As for as I know, you cannot kill someone while they play a mini game.

Omar Comin
  • Omar Comin

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

I agree with OP.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:40 PM

I found out the reason for bad sport: we can buy ingame cash and rockstar doesn't want people who do to get robbed or loose the ingame items they bought.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I found out the reason for bad sport: we can buy ingame cash and rockstar doesn't want people who do to get robbed or loose the ingame items they bought.

Any person who pays real money to buy online funds for GTAO deserves to be spawn killed, robbed and have their cars constantly blown up.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:00 PM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 23 September 2013 - 02:03 PM.

You're the type of guy who enjoys destorying other people's cars, and when yours gets destroyed, you go ahead and cry a river.

What a retard. Nothing in my post even indicates such a thing. The entire game is a competition and I never complain when anything of mine gets destroyed. You're probably one of those little c*nts that yell at people saying "stop killing me!"

OnTopic: I know damn well that I'm going to the baddest sport of them all   :cool:

• EyeMacHunt likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

Well I found out why Rockstar said blowing up a players car would be dealt with...it's because the player either drops real world money on it or they grind for weeks to get it.

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:10 PM Edited by nowaydawg, 23 September 2013 - 02:25 PM.

Seriously is there any way we can disable the "bad sport" thing? It's stupid as hell for a f*ckng gta game.

They added Team Deathmatch for a reason, you know?...

I can't wait to be a bad sport!

Best parts about GTA4
- spawn killing in GTA Races
- going backwards in Races or ramming people non stop
- spawn killing people with the Buzzard or annihilator.

Then having them challenge you to a deathmatch and owning them hahaha.

I can't wait to find new ways to f*ck with people in GTAO.

Do you not get enough enjoyment out of your own life you seek to diminish the enjoyment of others?

Yeah man.. Your "owning" attitude really makes you seem tough. Really though, it's just you playing like an asshole getting free and easy kills, and trolling/griefing. There's nothing skilled about it.

This is what bad rep is for, for all the people crying about how they don't like bad rep.

Guess you've been pinned down by a buzzard a few times hahaha

You must be 12 years old.
Trash like you destroyed GTA IV Freeroam. I feel sorry for you.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:00 PM Edited by tre288, 23 September 2013 - 07:10 PM.

Well I found out why Rockstar said blowing up a players car would be dealt with...it's because the player either drops real world money...

Honestly... you need to stop acting like you're full of confirmed information... Where did you hear this bullsh*t? Nowhere that matters that's for damn sure.

Stop throwing around rumours and crying about how hard it's going to be to troll people because you're "skilled" and that will make people naturally hate you.

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

Sleeeepy hits em' with a wild haymaker and he's down for the count. THR-MC. 

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:45 PM

Well I found out why Rockstar said blowing up a players car would be dealt with...it's because the player either drops real world money...

Honestly... you need to stop acting like you're full of confirmed information... Where did you hear this bullsh*t? Nowhere that matters that's for damn sure.

Stop throwing around rumours and crying about how hard it's going to be to troll people because you're "skilled" and that will make people naturally hate you.

ACTUALLY, you do drop your money when you die.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:07 PM Edited by tre288, 23 September 2013 - 08:09 PM.

ACTUALLY, you do drop your money when you die.

I'm aware of that.. I think you misread.

They said drops REAL WORLD money. Pulling information from crappy sources, and coming here to complain like they know it's confirmed, and that you buy money and other people can steal it.

• ImBoss450 likes this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

Well, if you buy a Cashcard for 1,250,000 $ and then get killed. It's essentially real world-money that's dropped.

Unless the money you purchase with Cashcards are automagically deposited to your bankaccount 

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Any person who pays real money to buy online funds for GTAO deserves to be spawn killed, robbed and have their cars constantly blown up.

You're an unbelievable c*nt...but I have to agree with this.  Seriously.  F*ck that sh*t.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:26 PM

Lol at these posts, reading way into this,

The previews say you will get bad sport for blowing up peoples cars spawn killing, griiefing, cheating,

It also says you cannot steal someones modded insured car, it will be locked. Stolen cars cannot be insured and m3chanic wont touch it.

You will be able to do heist missions but they said these will not be available straight away.

The big score will have to be earned. Lester or whoever will prolly want you to prove yourself and your crew with more basic heists.

So rockstar should put a tier system meaning high difficulty and more complex preperation.

You shouldnt be able to hit the union repository right away you need to rank up. After a few weeks or months you should get access to bigger jobs.

The crew collectively should have a rank that dictate what type of game modes they can access and level of jobs.

MeGusta90
  • MeGusta90

I want a cool image under this sentence

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

It's not fun when a group of 8+ players keep f*cking you over over, all you need is those rich kids with Attack Buzzards and your screwed.

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:30 PM

You're an unbelievable c*nt...but I have to agree with this.  Seriously.  F*ck that sh*t.

Again why do you care what others are doing? not everyone has hundred hours to spend on a game. people have real life commitments. Not everyone will be in a crew to earn big bucks. Get over yourself

dg101
  • dg101

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:54 PM

No, I just think it's stupid to spend your actual money like that.  That seems incredibly wasteful...but hey, to each their own.  Nothing for me to get over.  I'm the guy who advocates cheats.  I don't exactly take myself or this game seriously.

ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

Lol I love the fact that people are getting their panties in a bunch over this. What exactly are you worried about? If you're not an asshole than you have absolutely nothing to worry about. I'm sure the system won't kick your ass over a couple of bad ratings. It's like XBL's feedback thing. People hardly get punished for that stuff until it gets out of hand or a trend starts. You don't have to worry about the system....just don't be a dick.

lannydee
  • lannydee

Trick

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

No matter what anti abuse measures it has, it will be abused. We should f*cking have a Coop free roam if people don't want any killing or stealing. If a player gets good at stealing high value cars, they will be penalized as likely all the real bad sports would report them for stealing, in a f*cking GTA game! Seriously why the f*ck are we being forced to play coop online?

Calm down, Child.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:37 AM

I've yet to see any even quasi sound source for all this "real money on fake money" BS

No need to post that reddit post again, it will impress no one.

Feel free to start a third topic with that same copy/pasted paragraph though.

• tre288 likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Hence my username...

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:57 PM

Again why do you care what others are doing? not everyone has hundred hours to spend on a game. people have real life commitments. Not everyone will be in a crew to earn big bucks. Get over yourself

aawww... did I upset you?

DaCosta
  • DaCosta

G-T-Addict

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

I think the two concerns are that a) You might be penalised for blowing up cars, attacking other players and other stuff that is essential GTA and b) Some players will be forced out of the game by big crews and hardcore gamers that grief newbs and casual gamers.

Rockstar have said they want an emphasis on teamwork and coordination but there is no doubt they'll want anarchy and randomness too.

I hope they create rules to the game that controls the anarchy allowed but also allows freedom and free choice. If anyone can get that blend 100% right, it's Rockstar. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users