Can we disable the stupid "bad sport"?

111 replies to this topic
Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:51 PM

Why don't you have the option to disable helicopter than? Rather than ruining the game.
But seriously read this: http://gamingbolt.co...eft-auto-online So when did Rockstar adopt club penguins online rules?

No need to worry ProGamerGov.

You can bet on that Rockstar only looks at "Bad Sports" if they have a HUGE amount of reports.

Only then they'd check that particular player more carefully and tracks what he has done (if it really is a legitimate Bad Sport).

Nothing will happen if you are a good sport, even with 300+ Bad Sport-reports, since they can track what you've done.

And nothing will happen if you really are a Bad Sport every now and then, it will most assumedly require at least 100+ Reports in a short time for Rockstar to look into it further and do something about it.

If you're a Bad Sport and get let's say 300+ Reports in two days, then it would be viable to check into that player more carefully.

I'd be more careful with shouting abuse and harassing people verbally, that could cause a reaction from RS much quicker i'm sure.

Question is exactly what the criteria for it is and why xbl's system couldn't work as it does the same thing mostly. The way Rockstar worded it is players who swear or who blow up other player are bad sports.

They are Most definately not going for or tracking players with less than alot of Reports in a Short time.

You know there will be Players that Report others even when they're not doing anything special as well.

But if a certain player gets 100+ Reports in a Very short time, THEN it would be wise to track and see if that person really is out for harassing everyone and focus on ruining their gameplay.

If you get 50 Bad Sport-reports in a Week, you will have NOTHING to worry about i'm sure :)

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

Why don't you have the option to disable helicopter than? Rather than ruining the game.
But seriously read this: http://gamingbolt.co...eft-auto-online So when did Rockstar adopt club penguins online rules?

You can bet on that Rockstar only looks at "Bad Sports" if they have a HUGE amount of reports.

Only then they'd check that particular player more carefully and tracks what he has done (if it really is a legitimate Bad Sport).

Nothing will happen if you are a good sport, even with 300+ Bad Sport-reports, since they can track what you've done.

And nothing will happen if you really are a Bad Sport every now and then, it will most assumedly require at least 100+ Reports in a short time for Rockstar to look into it further and do something about it.

If you're a Bad Sport and get let's say 300+ Reports in two days, then it would be viable to check into that player more carefully.

I'd be more careful with shouting abuse and harassing people verbally, that could cause a reaction from RS much quicker i'm sure.

Question is exactly what the criteria for it is and why xbl's system couldn't work as it does the same thing mostly. The way Rockstar worded it is players who swear or who blow up other player are bad sports.

They are Most definately not going for or tracking players with less than alot of Reports in a Short time.

You know there will be Players that Report others even when they're not doing anything special as well.

But if a certain player gets 100+ Reports in a Very short time, THEN it would be wise to track and see if that person really is out for harassing everyone and focus on ruining their gameplay.

If you get 50 Bad Sport-reports in a Week, you will have NOTHING to worry about i'm sure :)

What happens if someone is very skilled in a jet or attack helicopter or a tank? They will get tons of bad sport reports. But again the way Rockstar words it sounds a lot different from what you say and can you back what you say with proof from Rockstar?

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:06 PM

What happens if someone is very skilled in a jet or attack helicopter or a tank? They will get tons of bad sport reports. But again the way Rockstar words it sounds a lot different from what you say and can you back what you say with proof from Rockstar?

Once again... being "skilled" doesn't mean you have to be a dick.. being in a jet or tank relentlessly killing everone in free roam for no reason is called being a bad sport.. no different than what people disliked about buzzard jockeys in gta 4.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 21 September 2013 - 11:08 PM.

I do not work for Rockstar,i do not know how their "Bad Sports"-system work,  i only use logic and common sense. :)

Just think about it, If everyone with 10 Bad Sport Reports would be reprimanded by Rockstar, they would have to do non-stop work, since you can bet your bugatti on that there will be people that report others even if they haven't done anything. (each and every week)

When does it become a problem? (In Rockstars Eyes)

One may assume that it would require alot (and i mean ALOT) of reports for Rockstar having to Track and deal with it.

Getting random Bad Sport reports each and every week from random players will probably be Commonplace, you know how people can be over the internet.

It will be the new GTA standard, i'm sure! :D

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:50 AM

The "what if someone is really skilled" thing is a dead give away.

Skill is looking for competent enemies capable of fighting back.

Bad Sport is bombing on people who are being Passive.  People who are just doing their own thing.

You don't want any separation between yourself and these Passive players, or any consequences for harassing these Passive players....that makes your motivation kind of crystal clear.

• ImBoss450 and tre288 like this

AFG RUS
  • AFG RUS

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

f*ck you all that support this system I play gta I wanna kill people and steal cars and duck sh*t up without out some fa**ot reporting me for playing gta the way you're supposed to
  • EyeMacHunt likes this

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:59 AM

f*ck you all that support this system I play gta I wanna kill people and steal cars and duck sh*t up without out some fa**ot reporting me for playing gta the way you're supposed to

I'm sure you're a pleasure to play with...

• SlicedSebs likes this

The Shadow
  • The Shadow

Foot Soldier

• GTAF Crew
  • Greece

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:23 PM

Wasn't they planning a free roam mode too just like IV with no bad sport and money and that crap?

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

I can't wait to be a bad sport! 

Best parts about GTA4

- spawn killing in GTA Races

-  going backwards in Races or ramming people non stop

- spawn killing people with the Buzzard or annihilator. 

Then having them challenge you to a deathmatch and owning them hahaha.

I can't wait to find new ways to f*ck with people in GTAO.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

Best parts about GTA4

Do you not get enough enjoyment out of your own life you seek to diminish the enjoyment of others?

Yeah man.. Your "owning" attitude really makes you seem tough. Really though, it's just you playing like an asshole getting free and easy kills, and trolling/griefing. There's nothing skilled about it.

This is what bad rep is for, for all the people crying about how they don't like bad rep.

• ImBoss450, Afroshroom and Santa-SmokinAces like this

perky2k9
  • perky2k9

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:12 PM

From the files in the GTA V folder for 360, it seems that the system has a BUILT IN way to find 'bad sports' and 'cheaters'. Not from people reporting, just like Xbox Live, when you get reported a bunch of times the system kicks in and does some cross checks. This is just an EDUCATED GUESS, but there certainly is a built in way to check for grievers etc. 

Santa-SmokinAces
  • Santa-SmokinAces

THR-MC_SANTA

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:22 PM

Best parts about GTA4

Might as well send GTA 5 back to where you bought it from.. because you won't be doing any of that on October 1st -- count on it.

ClingingMArs
  • ClingingMArs

=AoD= Prospect

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

Best parts about GTA4

f*cking idiots like you ruined GTA IV freemode.

CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

The bad sport stat gets rid of idoits online. It's here to stay. 

• So Awesome likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

The bad sport stat gets rid of idoits online. It's here to stay.

Like the idiots care what is there to stop them... Because they don't. People are naturally assholes, nothing will stop this. Ds anyone agree with having it as an option when you start a session?
  • UsedFloppyDisk likes this

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

Best parts about GTA4

Might as well send GTA 5 back to where you bought it from.. because you won't be doing any of that on October 1st -- count on it.

You can count on me figuring out a way. I'm going to have a great time wrecking people's fun.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

Best parts about GTA4

Do you not get enough enjoyment out of your own life you seek to diminish the enjoyment of others?

Yeah man.. Your "owning" attitude really makes you seem tough. Really though, it's just you playing like an asshole getting free and easy kills, and trolling/griefing. There's nothing skilled about it.

This is what bad rep is for, for all the people crying about how they don't like bad rep.

Guess you've been pinned down by a buzzard a few times hahaha

Spitfirex007
  • Spitfirex007

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

I'm glad it's there. I am by no means a "pro gamer" I don't take my stats serious. I could give a sh*t if I win or lose. I just want to have fun with friends. That can range from robbing a store, to just crusing around and racing four wheelers. For people who want to keep chasing players down, yelling in the mics etc. The less of them I have to deal with, the better.

• Fizwalker likes this

lilpokerface
  • lilpokerface

ME

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

I am certain there will be some degree of harmony between PVP-oriented Players and Passive players co-existing on the same server

We will just have to wait and see how the system is implemented.

Passive could be implemented so that it cannot be switched on by a whim, (but instead require some time and effort to switch), we do not know that yet how it's implemented.

To my understanding, the player is in passive mode until he starts shooting.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

Yes, but the question is, how long cooldown until he/she can switch back to Passive.

ThatGr
  • ThatGr

Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

i don't understand why you would be a bad sport for stealing someones car or something, it gives players incentives to get a loyal crew together for defence

ThatRandomGuy42
  • ThatRandomGuy42

Survey Corps

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:35 PM Edited by ThatRandomGuy42, 22 September 2013 - 11:36 PM.

Best parts about GTA4

You can count on me figuring out a way. I'm going to have a great time wrecking people's fun.

Remind me to avoid you like the plague. Seriously. People like you ruin online games.

OT: The "bad sport" system won't be abused if you are "skilled" OP.

I'm sure that killing someone after they unfairly split a score won't make you a bad sport. Same with self-defense or being a badass. (Such as defending another player from being killed by a third player)

Mindlessly killing people as they go about their day, leaving C4 everywhere and crashing a plane into a golf course while a player lines up for the putt will probably make you a bad sport.

Shame. I really want to do the latter activity.

UsedFloppyDisk
  • UsedFloppyDisk

Proclus Global agent

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:37 PM

Anyone that thinks a free roam do what you want game like GTA should have limitations on what you can do PvP wise is retarded. I WANT people to be able to f*ck up my day, I WANT to be able to get revenge and f*ck them back. I want to have funny heists that then get screwed over, I want to have my car stolen and be able to steal others to give that sense of panic and glory to the online scene.

If everyone is passive mode and killing people enough gets me on sh*t servers, what the f*ck am I playing online for? To play the hiests that they weren't gracious enough to put in endgame singleplayer?

Give the ability to select PvP online servers and Peaceful servers. The idea of this passive and bad rep sh*t is atrocious and will not function in a way that suits everyone.

I mean honestly. Getting bad rep for stealing peoples cars in GRAND THEFT AUTO. sh*t's retarded.

THANK YOU. 

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

crashing a plane into a golf course while a player lines up for the putt will probably make you a bad sport.

That is an excellent idea. Thanks!

• ScottMU likes this

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by Munx, 23 September 2013 - 12:25 AM.

Some of the replies in this thread are perfect examples of why the bad sport system is positive.

Besides we don't even know the limitations of the system yet, Its always amusing to see people whine about a feature they only know the basic idea of, aswell as the name.

ScottMU
  • ScottMU

Burger Shot Employee of the Month

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:07 AM Edited by ScottMU, 23 September 2013 - 03:09 AM.

It will end up like World of Warcraft (I used to play a little, not anymore) where you get reported and flagged for absolutely no reason, example, on WoW i was reported once for not trading an item that I looted to some douche who got there too late and then took a tantrum resulting in him reporting me for being a 'ninja' (Whatever that is), same will happen here, somebody either owns or is planning to steal a certain vehicle will either have it stolen or be beaten to it by another player, the 'injured party' will then report the other for being a bad sport, ironically making them the bad sport.

It's the same on GTA IV, you go on free mode and you kill someone (who was shooting you) or better yet, they have been given a modded car, they get out and I steal it, they go absolutely ape sh*t at me and tell me they will report me and get me banned, then they spam the lobby trying to kick me. FFS we are playing a game called GRAND THEFT AUTO!! Do any of these people know what that actually means! It means STEALING CARS god damn it

EDIT: All of this is dependent on whether the feature does what we are assuming its going to do.

ImBoss450
  • ImBoss450

Im a Boss

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:22 AM Edited by ImBoss450, 23 September 2013 - 03:23 AM.

crashing a plane into a golf course while a player lines up for the putt will probably make you a bad sport.

Are you mentally retarded? You will DEFINITELY not be getting in one of my games. You're probably going to be barred from Online from Rockstar Games in the first hour of playing, fa**ot. This is why we have the bad sport system. Or however, you can give me your PSN ID, I can join your game, and senseless deathmatch you, and follow you around all day online. Then you'd know how it'd feel.

EyeMacHunt
  • EyeMacHunt

Tank Hunter

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:13 AM

Are you mentally retarded? You will DEFINITELY not be getting in one of my games. You're probably going to be barred from Online from Rockstar Games in the first hour of playing, fa**ot. This is why we have the bad sport system. Or however, you can give me your PSN ID, I can join your game, and senseless deathmatch you, and follow you around all day online. Then you'd know how it'd feel.

haha add me then peanut. Follow me around and I'll crush you. You sound like every other noob who can't defend themselves so they claim 'griefing'. Please do add me and follow me around so I can watch you rage quit!

PringlesMan
  • PringlesMan

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

Really happy RockStar fixed this "Turbo Controller" sh*t, even though in GTAIV I was good for Trigger Fire, it's kinda annoying how some dickhead has a Turbo. Aint my fault you turn on your turbo because I got my trigger finger from fingering my gf. Anyways RockStar fixed this. Examples.

-Turbo Controllers
-Rolling everytwo seconds(RDR and MP3)
-Corner Glitching(Still kinda in GTAV)
-Also a dickhead Who acts like he's from the ghetto, when its Possible if he came to NYC, Bronx he'd get his sh*t clapped.(Lol)

Pretty much Bad Sport with be an Option that pops up after getting your Car/Plane/Boat blown up or jacked after a certain amount of times by a Certain player. Not killing them over and over, It'll be mostly used for harassing a Certain PLAYER. Don't worry. They can't just pick your name on their phone(Or whatever will be used) and Place you as a Bad Sport. Hopefully Private Lobbies will come back, for friends and sh*t.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:19 AM

Wouldn't Rockstar get you for Harrasment then? Lol. But seriously limiting what a player can do in a sandbox game is not fun. I do not see why some flame baiting little kid like yourself would be upset if it were optional like how you could elect what you wanted for a match in GTA IV. But I guess as you say the system exist to ban people like you for whining about some ridiculous moment like a 747 hitting a golf area and then following the pilot around spawn killing them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users