» «
Photo

Can we disable the stupid "bad sport"?

111 replies to this topic
ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:29 AM Edited by ProGamerGov, 21 September 2013 - 01:35 AM.

Seriously is there any way we can disable the "bad sport" thing? It's stupid as hell for a f*ckng gta game.

Anyone who is an actual bad sport will be using this on other people.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:32 AM

Honestly this is a deal breaker for me and many others for GTA online.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

No matter what anti abuse measures it has, it will be abused. We should f*cking have a Coop free roam if people don't want any killing or stealing. If a player gets good at stealing high value cars, they will be penalized as likely all the real bad sports would report them for stealing, in a f*cking GTA game! Seriously why the f*ck are we being forced to play coop online?

stevean2
  • stevean2

Fast As You Can Fap!

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

So you want the freedom to be an arsehole or what? I don't see the point in this thread.
The Bad Sport system is there for users to get rid of spawn killers, greifers and the like. I'm guessing you're one of them?

• DaRkL3AD3R, ImBoss450 and Chessmaster like this

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:36 AM

Let's say a Team of 8 people from Crew X are planning a Robbery on a Bank.

Two more people enter but are not allowed to join the Robbery due to having to split even more money.

As the Team of 8 rob the Bank and are just about to leave the Bank with their loot, the other two outsiders wait outside and gun down the Robbers and steal their money.

Would anyone report anyone in that scenario for "Bad Sport"?  :D

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

I wouldn't and I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't either. I'm sure you're going to need to get a bunch of bad sport ratings from different players before you start getting put in games with other bad sports. Also, Rockstar have said that the game can track if someone's actually being a bad sport, So you probably can't report someone because they killed you and took your money, they'll have to actually be an asshole. Rockstar will have tested the system extensively so that people aren't getting a bad rep for just playing the game.

http://gamingbolt.co...eft-auto-online

OP is definitely one of those assholes the bad sport system was designed to deal with, he's way too concerned about it

• Ertrick36 likes this

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:44 AM

I wouldn't and I'm pretty sure most people wouldn't either. I'm sure you're going to need to get a bunch of bad sport ratings from different players before you start getting put in games with other bad sports. Also, Rockstar have said that the game can track if someone's actually being a bad sport, So you probably can't report someone because they killed you and took your money, they'll have to actually be an asshole. Rockstar will have tested the system extensively so that people aren't getting a bad rep for just playing the game.

OP is definitely one of those assholes the bad sport system was designed to deal with, he's way too concerned about it

Yes I agree

• ImBoss450 likes this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:04 AM Edited by ProGamerGov, 21 September 2013 - 04:05 AM.

Yes I agree
Far from an asshole actually, i am normally the guy on the receiving end. Ever notice how skilled players receive hate messages? This is an expansion on that. But the very fact that people are under the impression that killing or stealing should be reported is a huge issue. People will always find a way to abuse the system, nothing is impossible.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

Anything that pisses people off? Well first off what pisses me off is when someone kills me or steals from me so they need to be punished by Rockstar, also if someone purposely or accidentally kills me durring atheistic want them instant punished as well. We should all play like this is club penguin because violence is not tolerated!

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:34 AM

From what Rockstar says, PvP like stealing or destroying a players car in free roam or destroying a players vehicle or doing something that might any that player will be "dealt with by Rockstar" which seems to me like warnings and bans. Literally that kind of sh*t is for f*cking coop servers.

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:41 AM

Anyone that thinks a free roam do what you want game like GTA should have limitations on what you can do PvP wise is retarded. I WANT people to be able to f*ck up my day, I WANT to be able to get revenge and f*ck them back. I want to have funny heists that then get screwed over, I want to have my car stolen and be able to steal others to give that sense of panic and glory to the online scene.

If everyone is passive mode and killing people enough gets me on sh*t servers, what the f*ck am I playing online for? To play the hiests that they weren't gracious enough to put in endgame singleplayer?

Give the ability to select PvP online servers and Peaceful servers. The idea of this passive and bad rep sh*t is atrocious and will not function in a way that suits everyone.

I mean honestly. Getting bad rep for stealing peoples cars in GRAND THEFT AUTO. sh*t's retarded.

• _KC, EyeMacHunt, UsedFloppyDisk and 1 other like this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:56 AM

Anyone that thinks a free roam do what you want game like GTA should have limitations on what you can do PvP wise is retarded. I WANT people to be able to f*ck up my day, I WANT to be able to get revenge and f*ck them back. I want to have funny heists that then get screwed over, I want to have my car stolen and be able to steal others to give that sense of panic and glory to the online scene.

If everyone is passive mode and killing people enough gets me on sh*t servers, what the f*ck am I playing online for? To play the hiests that they weren't gracious enough to put in endgame singleplayer?

Give the ability to select PvP online servers and Peaceful servers. The idea of this passive and bad rep sh*t is atrocious and will not function in a way that suits everyone.

I mean honestly. Getting bad rep for stealing peoples cars in GRAND THEFT AUTO. sh*t's retarded.

Finally someone actually looks at the facts! We need Coop and PvP to be separate and not forced to be a Coop experience. Need an example of why the bad sport/bad rep thing is bad? I hear Xbox live has a similar feature and it totally is never abused or anything right? Lol, but it doesn't go into the level of intensity that Rockstars system goes into,

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

How do you know the level of intensity of Rockstar's system?

You don't.

You're concerned it's going to end up targeting you because you know you conduct yourself in a manner likely to get you reported as a Bad Sport.  That's why 7 of the 12 (now 13) posts in this thread are from you, and it is why you made several other threads regarding "Bad Sport" and "Passive Mode"

• Ertrick36 likes this

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:54 AM

@ Topic,

Not until you stop spamming the goddamn forums with threads and posts on generally the same topic :facedesk:

Magna99
  • Magna99

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:30 AM

Yes I agree
Far from an asshole actually, i am normally the guy on the receiving end. Ever notice how skilled players receive hate messages? This is an expansion on that. But the very fact that people are under the impression that killing or stealing should be reported is a huge issue. People will always find a way to abuse the system, nothing is impossible.

Yeah mate, keep telling yourself all the hate messages you get are because you're such a skilled gamer and not because you're being a dick. I don't think anyone's under the impression that killing people or stealing should be reported, that's part of the game. You have no idea how the system works other than the fact it's designed to weed out cheaters. You wouldn't be so worried about this if you didn't think it was going to target you because of you're play style.

I'm not worried at all about it targeting me and I'll be stealing cars, killing people and just enjoying the game. Rockstar have said the game can tell if you actually deserve some bad rep, so you're not going to be marked as a bad sport just for killing someone and stealing his cash. Wait until October 1st, you might find out you love the system, nothing is impossible.
  • Ertrick36 and TheGentleman like this

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

This bad sport thing is the worst thing ever! oh wait, I just realised I don't know what the f*ck im talking about since I havn't actually played the online part of the game yet!

Stop whining about stuff before you even see it in action.

• Ertrick36 likes this

WafuTom
  • WafuTom

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

Let's say a Team of 8 people from Crew X are planning a Robbery on a Bank.

Two more people enter but are not allowed to join the Robbery due to having to split even more money.

As the Team of 8 rob the Bank and are just about to leave the Bank with their loot, the other two outsiders wait outside and gun down the Robbers and steal their money.

Would anyone report anyone in that scenario for "Bad Sport"?  :D

If a team of 8 get taken down by 2 guys then they deserve to get robbed. THIS IS GTA FOOL!!...aah I'm white, I cant say "fool"

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

We forget a thousand things every day.  I hope that this topic is one of them...

• ClingingMArs, Grand Theft Savage, nowaydawg and 1 other like this

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:59 AM

This bad sport thing is the worst thing ever! oh wait, I just realised I don't know what the f*ck im talking about since I havn't actually played the online part of the game yet!

Stop whining about stuff before you even see it in action.

The story of GTA Forums...

MeditatingMarmot
  • MeditatingMarmot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Most enlightening.

tre288
  • tre288

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

Over exaggerated. You people sound like you're going to cry because of this... honestly. You're missing the point of bad rep entirely so that you and piss and moan about how all you want to do is piss other people off.

If you play like a troll, expect people to hate you and bad rep you. Stealing a car, or robbing a player isn't playing like a troll. Following a player and stealing their car several times, stalking a player and killing them several times, going out of your way to ruin someone's experience for your own pleasure is playing like a troll.

• stevean2 and MeditatingMarmot like this

zmartinz
  • zmartinz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:32 PM

I dont get the OP, you want to kill and steal, then the Bad Sport is just for you. Think about it ,you can play with others that do that sh*t also, You can rape eachother every day. How fun is that :)?

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:53 PM

I dont get the OP, you want to kill and steal, then the Bad Sport is just for you. Think about it ,you can play with others that do that sh*t also, You can rape eachother every day. How fun is that :)?

It makes sense for a Coop server, not a f*cking PvP server.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:02 PM

I am certain there will be some degree of harmony between PVP-oriented Players and Passive players co-existing on the same server

We will just have to wait and see how the system is implemented.

Passive could be implemented so that it cannot be switched on by a whim, (but instead require some time and effort to switch), we do not know that yet how it's implemented.

Lawking10
  • Lawking10

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

It makes sense for a Coop server, not a f*cking PvP server.

How? f*ck co-op, who gives a sh*t about it? You can do heists with only one friend if you want. 

KillaDanny
  • KillaDanny

Lone Wolf

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:55 PM

I'm happy they put that bad sport sh*t ingame, the game's gonna be filled with kids trying to be dicks so if I use the bad sport report people won't want to play with them, that's a f*cking great idea how can anyone criticize it (and why the f*ck would someone give you a bad sport report if you did nothing wrong, not even kids are that stupid)

• TheGentleman likes this

TheGentleman
  • TheGentleman

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

I dunno about this.

Does anyone remember the lack of car chases, shootouts, and ground combat because OF THOSE f*ckING HELICOPTERS IN IV?

Oh man, that ruined the online for me, almost as bad as modders. No shootouts or anything because of the 3 assholes who destroyed everyone using helicopters.

That's when I'd use bad sport, if 3 guys are ruining the playability of the game for everyone else.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:36 PM

Why don't you have the option to disable helicopter than? Rather than ruining the game.

But seriously read this: http://gamingbolt.co...eft-auto-online So when did Rockstar adopt club penguins online rules?

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:41 PM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 21 September 2013 - 10:43 PM.

Why don't you have the option to disable helicopter than? Rather than ruining the game.

But seriously read this: http://gamingbolt.co...eft-auto-online So when did Rockstar adopt club penguins online rules?

No need to worry ProGamerGov.

You can bet on that Rockstar only looks at "Bad Sports" if they have a HUGE amount of reports.

Only then they'd check that particular player more carefully and tracks what he has done (if it really is a legitimate Bad Sport).

Nothing will happen if you are a good sport, even with 300+ Bad Sport-reports, since they can track what you've done.

And nothing will happen if you really are a Bad Sport every now and then, it will most assumedly require at least 100+ Reports in a short time for Rockstar to look into it further and do something about it.

If you're a Bad Sport and get let's say 300+ Reports in two days, then it would be viable to check into that player more carefully.

I'd be more careful with shouting abuse and harassing people verbally, that could cause a reaction from RS much quicker i'm sure.

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:48 PM Edited by ProGamerGov, 21 September 2013 - 10:54 PM.

No need to worry ProGamerGov.

You can bet on that Rockstar only looks at "Bad Sports" if they have a HUGE amount of reports.

Only then they'd check that particular player more carefully and tracks what he has done (if it really is a legitimate Bad Sport).

Nothing will happen if you are a good sport, even with 300+ Bad Sport-reports, since they can track what you've done.

And nothing will happen if you really are a Bad Sport every now and then, it will most assumedly require at least 100+ Reports in a short time for Rockstar to look into it further and do something about it.

If you're a Bad Sport and get let's say 300+ Reports in two days, then it would be viable to check into that player more carefully.

I'd be more careful with shouting abuse and harassing people verbally, that could cause a reaction from RS much quicker i'm sure.
Question is exactly what the criteria for it is and why xbl's system couldn't work as it does the same thing mostly. The way Rockstar worded it is players who swear or who blow up other player are bad sports.
What if me and a group of freinds cruise around in free roam and steal a car? Or have air support operated by another player? People would vote us being bad sports even thought killing and stealing are huge parts of the game. Or what if I said to someone "I am going to f*ck you up!" now that's apparently bad sport behavior. People will never take the time to rate nice players, they will rate players they hate regardless of what they do.

Bad sport should only be for cheating, serious harassment like sexism. But Rockstar words it like killing and stealing fall under that category as well. So when I play free roam online, I'd like to not have to worry about being dealt with for killing unless I cheat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users