Photo

Problem with PS2 version

12 replies to this topic
libertycitymobster326
  • libertycitymobster326

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

I got a problem with LCS it's freezing on me when I play it for ps2. The game freezes and a loading screen comes up, sometimes it stops after a few minutes but most of the time it never comes back. Why is this happening? Is there anything that I can do to fix it? I tried cleaning the disc and it still does it.

skills
  • skills

ps2 mod saves

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:56 PM

I had that same problem with my ps2, once I turn off the radio the game stop showing that load screen during game play. Another reason could be that your ps2 driver (not sure on the proper name for it) is not spinning fast enough to properly play your lcs. 

bellanjohn
  • bellanjohn

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

nnm

Bucky914
  • Bucky914

I eat people?

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

The PS2 version is very bad. Then again, the controls weren't good on the original PSP version.

Vice City Stories is an excellent port, though.

bigsmokeisbig
  • bigsmokeisbig

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

could be your lazer needs replacing or it could just be the game its self like the disc being scratched

THANKS -bigsmokeisbig- :D

• skills likes this

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:54 AM

I don't know what the problem is. I own the PS2 version, and it works perfectly. Is your disk scratched up? Is your PS2 possibly messed up?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

VOLKSWAFFEN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 13 October 2013 - 09:00 PM

Funny, I can't recall that ever happening to me. LCS plays just like any other GTA game on my PS2, and I've got one of the old, fat PS2s.

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

The only problem is the CD getting scratched,if it's a orignal CD you will have to buy the game again ori if it's a pirated game just make another CD with game.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:34 AM

Could you be trying to play the PAL edition on an NTSC PS2, or the NTSC edition on a PAL PS2?

Gabriel_175
  • Gabriel_175

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 09:46 AM

Could you be trying to play the PAL edition on an NTSC PS2, or the NTSC edition on a PAL PS2?

If it's not a hacked PS2 then no,you cannot play PAL on NTSC console or reverse.If it were a a hacked PS2 there will be no need for PAL or NTSC because it can play any type of format.

From what i understand your PS2 is not a hacked console so you are left playing original games that works on your console(hacked console is a modchip installed on the PS2).

• skills likes this

MMC_BITW
  • MMC_BITW

Nobody Interesting

• Members
  • Maldives

Posted 08 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

It happened to me once too while I was on a mission. After I restarted the console, it worked fine.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 November 2013 - 12:03 PM

I was asking the OP if his game was in a format different to his PS2, as a way of trying to pinpoint what's causing his problem. Sorry for the confusion, Gabriel. Come to think of it, he'd probably get an "unable to read game disc" error, if this was his problem, which he didn't mention.

Aintgottime2bleed
  • Aintgottime2bleed

to weird to live to rare to die

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

Most logical is clean disc else i wouldnt know, i had lcs and vcs on ps2 and never problems. I guess its time to buy a new disc or ps2. You maybe used this armax cheat disc for gta ( if lcs version existst ) cuz i remember my gt4 disc got unread able by this armax cheat disc. Another thing is using wrong version cheats  but if i get you right your ps2 is still original and your using good version ( pal etc ) since on ipod i had gta3 europe version but i putted US hack on it causing game to freeze after first load screen and same with cod WaW i used save editor but i guess US version since that games freezes to after start screen ( with hack on it ). So check your versions ( game and cheats ) and if you didnt screwed around, your disc or ps2 isnt 100% anymore so you need new one. I dont fully understand you problem but hopefully this might help you a little.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users