Photo

PS3 no subwoofer w/disc version of GTAV

4 replies to this topic
waqasincanada
  • waqasincanada

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

I have the disc version of GTA V with a Sony STRDH740 7.1 receiver and Energy Take Classic 5.1 speakers hooked up to a Playstation 3 slim via HDMI. I have all the options enabled in Sound settings but cannot get the subwoofer to work with the game. There is such good music in the game that it is a shame to not be able to fully enjoy it in an immersive sound experience.

I have tried optical audio out from the PS3 as well without success. I have reset the receiver, tried all combinatios of sound settings etc. My receiver definitely supports Dolby Digital and a whole lot of other audio formats as I can use it and the subwoofer and surround sound works beautifully with Saints Row, Last of Us, Ni No Kuni and many other games.

Has anyone else run into this?

Crunch McThornbody
  • Crunch McThornbody

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

When you've got your PS3 hooked up to your receiver through optical, do you also find that the center speaker only ever outputs main character dialogue and menu beeps?

That's what happens on the XBox version, in order to get the center speaker working I have to take the stereo audio from tv's headphone socket and feed that into my receiver which then uses Pro-Logic II to turn it into psuedo 5.1 to get something close to the full surround experience.

lampman
  • lampman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:17 PM

I have the same exact problem but i am running audio and video through HDMI into a sony 7.1 receiver with 5.1 speakers, no subwoofer output while every other thing my ps3 and computer do have a subwoofer output. I was going to try optical but it doesn't work for you so I wont bother.

I saw a fix for another game a while ago that involved turning on ONLY dolby digital and nothing else and that doesnt work either.

I am considering contacting rockstar about this

clublegs
  • clublegs

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:13 PM

Same problem with PS3 on home theater 5.1 setup. Using an optical connection to AVR. The graphic on the audio settings shows a nice 5 speaker setup but all the audio is audible but too low. The music comes out blah. Definitely not using center channel. Typically other games are too loud and I have to lower volume ... not GTAV.  Haven't checked subwoofer yet. Others have same problem on both consoles. I haven't found a fix and have sent in a report.

waqasincanada
  • waqasincanada

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 03:34 AM

I have tried it via the optical audio as well. I am using a Sony STR-DH740 receiver (2013 model) and can't believe that it won't get Dolby Digital 5.1 out from the PS3 (PS3 slim model). 

I have unchecked all the 7.1 options in the PS3 audio settings in hopes that it would force it to 5.1.

I only get the voices through the center channel like you guys are describing and no subwoofer, no matter what I do.

I submitted a request to Rockstar and they told me that they don't support audio setups.

What a pile of f*#$ing bullsh it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users