SO disappointed with GTA V!

119 replies to this topic
HotShotJoe
  • HotShotJoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1ykcBOJrE_w

Just watched the online trailer. Looks like it involves everything I moaned about in this post! Looks awesome!!!!!!

Tek9blaster
  • Tek9blaster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:52 AM

To those talking about online erm I feel that everything that's in online should be in single player, it is after all how the franchise was invisioned
  • Duxfever and condor1605 like this

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:08 AM

I don't think so, online seems to be set up better for the RPG element. Just looking at the trophies alone shows that you can level up your player. Also I think GTA V story has all the right tools for a good time, but not enough situations to really implement them in. Thats why a lot of posters want things like multiple bank heists that you could choose from during free roam, gang wars etc.

With online, I think this should get very interesting because you are constantly going up against other players, all your stuff will be put to use, your knowledge of the map will be useful, what kind of aircraft and guns you have etc. Whats even more interesting is when you die with money on you it gets lost, so things are more valuable. Im not entirely sure how the free roam works but it sounds better than the story mode imo. At the moment it seems like you should just play story for the story, the setting, and the fun that comes with it, and leave the real stuff to online.

• Duxfever likes this

PkUnzipper
  • PkUnzipper

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:10 AM Edited by PkUnzipper, 21 September 2013 - 02:13 AM.

stand by for online and DLC. After that theennnnnn make posts like this. Nobody knows what r* has planned for add on content.

I want to believe this so very badly.  But can't shake the nagging premonition R* will sacrifice the single player mode and good content in future DLC for single player for the online version of the game. :/

a good example is how much work they put into making art (the game) imitate real life. The Chop downloadable app is the perfect example of this.  The only way to improve Chop's performance in game (like fetching collectibles and becoming a well trained guard dog)  is by downloading an irl applet on your smartphone???  What if you don't have a smartphone?

Never mind this appears to be currently available to iphone users atm.  :evilgrin:  Without this real life playing of this applet on your irl smartphone, you can't train chop in the game.   And if you fail to train his behavior (like not pooping all over the yard or being more obedient), there's a good chance he could get bored, run off and/or get lost for good. >,< 

I'm also wondering if you need the IFruit app to make Chop accessories available in game.  What's up with that leash you see Franklin walking Chop with?  What happened to the ability to customize his collar etc. etc.  That's a lack of game oversight on R* part IMO. I shouldn't have to rely on REAL life tech (other than my gaming system) in order to enjoy the game.

But then again, there are some really awesome multi player features like the stock market.  Unlike the chop applet feature, this feature  actually compliments single player mode really well.  It looks like it may directly be able to boost (or hurt) the single player game economy (based on the effect team actions have on business in multi player). So your character in single player could go to bed a millionare and wake up several hours later a complete pauper.

It's features like that which make me hold out hope they're going to add more interactive content in the game world. Because SA could really use more peds, interactive buildings with open interiors, and especially interactive business (which you can rob next to the cheap @$$ grocery stores).

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:20 AM

I'm also dissapointed with GTA V and the cops' over-aggressiveness and fast response is one of the many reasons. I would not have bought the game until next year had I known how terrible it would be.

Pinnkiepie
  • Pinnkiepie

PIE

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:28 AM Edited by Pinnkiepie, 21 September 2013 - 02:29 AM.

How GTA Online will be

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Q8paTLy9uss

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Xv4gB4yvJnA

HotShotJoe
  • HotShotJoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:28 AM

Feel sorry for the missus. She splashed out 160 quid on an xbox and GTA just to go around running people over and to buy properties. She definitely won't be buying houses any time soon lol lives in the countryside and her internet is shocking, can't even connect to a game of fifa round here lol

Killer.Khan
  • Killer.Khan

no.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:39 AM

Jesus f*cking christ, some of you are ungrateful.

KissMySkillz
  • KissMySkillz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:14 AM

Grand Theft Auto games have always been about running around for a while, causing chaos, playing online, and then take a break.

that's actually a complete and obvious lie as there was no official multiplayer for gta games until gta 4 came along. 

it's funny how you mentioned "causing chaos" as 1 of the activities you can do in the game after you beat it.

that's funny because this is also a lie you can't do sh*t.  everyone already know how you get wanted level after you kill some random ped in the middle of nowhere, but there're far more game killing features than this. like:

how you can't run over cars with Dumper or Rhino since the cars immediately blow up and they blow you up too,

how there''s no cheat code to replenish your character/car health whatsoever

how JB 700 weapons don't work outside the mission (this car would be such a killa to just dive it around and they ruined the opportunity)

how fragile your characters are, a few cops can take them down in less than 5 secs i think, and even the military bulletproof vest can't help it

and the list goes on. i could bash the game for a few ours more, but the bottom line is - you can't cause chaos and all that there's  to do after you completed the game is to take a break.

• Duxfever likes this

JimmyD_YO
  • JimmyD_YO

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:18 AM

Grand Theft Auto games have always been about running around for a while, causing chaos, playing online, and then take a break.

that's actually a complete and obvious lie as there was no official multiplayer for gta games until gta 4 came along. 

it's funny how you mentioned "causing chaos" as 1 of the activities you can do in the game after you beat it.

that's funny because this is also a lie you can't do sh*t.  everyone already know how you get wanted level after you kill some random ped in the middle of nowhere, but there're far more game killing features than this. like:

how you can't run over cars with Dumper or Rhino since the cars immediately blow up and they blow you up too,

how JB 700 weapons don't work outside the mission (this car would be such a killa to just dive it around and they ruined the opportunity)

how fragile your characters are, a few cops can take them down in less than 5 secs i think, and even the military bulletproof vest can't help it

and the list goes on. i could bash the game for a few ours more, but the bottom line is - you can't cause chaos and all that there's  to do after you completed the game is to take a break.

So true. r1 r1 o rb right left rght left rigth left is your only frind for causing chaos. Level wanted down cheat. Without it free roam is unplayable

American
  • American

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:34 AM

So true. r1 r1 o rb right left rght left rigth left is your only frind for causing chaos. Level wanted down cheat. Without it free roam is unplayable

Yeah, not sure what Rockstar was thinking with these cops that are nowhere to be found but appear instantly out of nowhere and start shooting at you after you run someone over.

Jack Reacher
  • Jack Reacher

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

I had no stars on me, took a taxi to the flying school, and left the cab with 1 star. Next thing I know im getting shot at, I run away and I have 2 stars. Had to drive away from the airport to lose them, was such a friggen hassle. Made no sense.

• American likes this

ICPosse8
  • ICPosse8

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:10 AM

2. Properties. Before the release a lot was being spoken about regarding buying properties. You can buy a few businesses which rake in a few dollars a week, and some cinemas and a golf club which you can't even afford? What happened to the houses we could buy in the real estate?

This was my biggest issue with the game.... It even shows at 4:31 in the gameplay trailer the player buying a $250,000 apartment. IDK WTF

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:18 AM

To those talking about online erm I feel that everything that's in online should be in single player, it is after all how the franchise was invisioned

This pretty much sums up my thoughts.

I have nothing to do par a few collectibles and farming 200million on the stock market (as there isn't any realistic alternative time wise for making money). I can't have fun holding up banks, I can't deck out a cool new house... I just don't understand why they couldn't put fun things in like the online hiests for singleplayer once you are done with the story... It just means that end game single player is a boring farm for cash doing nothing of any importance.

Leaving good game mechanics out of the actual game to make your online look better is retarded. All it does is fill me with doubts on what promises they will actually fufill in the online..

GTA5 is a great game and the story was awesome. But the shell that is endgame GTA needs more things to do... Robbing stores for £500 when you need properties in the hundreds of millions is insane. At best you get 600k a week from properties on one character, even then you are looking at multiple years in game before you can afford everything...

Terrible terrible game design on this aspect, when it obviously has the credentials to be amazing. Just seems piss poor that this ''vast and rich'' world has sh*t all to do in it til online is out :s Put it in the game to begin with!

• Duxfever, Fallout3, Boxman108 and 1 other like this

ProGamerGov
  • ProGamerGov

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

The very fact that any killing online in free roam or any stealing or destruction of cars is punishable ruins online for me. Why force everyone TI play f*cking coop?

Moonwalker98
  • Moonwalker98

Jerichoholic

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:23 AM

wait. there NO enterable hospitals?

HotShotJoe
  • HotShotJoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:29 AM

wait. there NO enterable hospitals?

NOPE!!! So bad. In IV it was weirdly enjoyable popping everyone in the waiting room, then dealing with the cowboy rozzas until the 5/6 star big boys turned up and have a good old shoot out with them down the corridor lol

• Boxman108 likes this

TheSoup
  • TheSoup

Welsh Wizard

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:16 AM

Its not meant to take over your life, its a game, made for a few hours entertainment a night (most adults have jobs, a life, etc.) Its fine as it is, if it was any bigger I wouldn't have time for it and id get bored.

HotShotJoe
  • HotShotJoe

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:26 AM

Its not meant to take over your life, its a game, made for a few hours entertainment a night (most adults have jobs, a life, etc.) Its fine as it is, if it was any bigger I wouldn't have time for it and id get bored.

Cheers for stating the obvious! It's alright though, my job gives me a lot of time to waste my time away on sh*t like this. Didn't buy it to stare at it!

• Sugfisk likes this

Loc389
  • Loc389

I have a gun and a tomahawk

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:53 AM

There is assassination missions if you play as Franklin and go to Lester he'll give you missions to assassinate people, and taxi missions I bought downtown cab and have been able to press L3 (I'm playing on PS3) to take up taxi jobs, I got $153 from one taxi mission

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:46 AM

Half the advertised stuff is online only.

This was said in a multitude of interviews.

Online opens up all those buildings you can see the interior of. 
Online allows up to 500 pre-programmed heists, and you can create your own

Online will have your vigilante missions in the form of cops and robbers

Online has the full stock system

Online allows you to buy safehouses

Online allows bigger garages

Online allows more car customisation

Ect.

The singleplayer is a tutorial for the online mode, the online mode that they want you to play instead, the online mode that they can cash in on with a cash shop.

Welcome to the future of gaming.

• Duxfever likes this

scipio1st
  • scipio1st

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:49 AM

All I see are petty complaints. How can anyone complain about such a beautiful game?

*hangs head in shame*

CR7_LM10_RVP20_SH1
  • CR7_LM10_RVP20_SH1

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:59 AM

The game is awesome but police responses way too fast. You push a person down the stairs or you shoot somebody with a silenced gun in an alley, they are right behind you (even if they don't witness the crime), and besides that they're also faster and it's harder to lose them compared to previous GTA's. That ruins some part of fun for me. :yawn:

• Sugfisk likes this

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

All I see are petty complaints. How can anyone complain about such a beautiful game?

*hangs head in shame*

Care to dispute any of the points negative comments made?

Lack of content outside of the story (of which was still lacking in comparison to previous installments), the completely dead post story game,  lack of funds outside of the very rough stock market ($500 store robberies instead of real heists). Cops being aggressive and limiting any amount of free roam fun to a certain degree, vehicle issues from the so claimed fixed same car issues to the saved cars disappearing altogether... The rich and vast world we were promised an empty and hollow mirage in comparison to the supposedly grand online mode, is there any reason for the initial installment to actually be that much weaker? Terrible design choice.

The game is fun yes... But with everything they could have brought to make both experiences as enjoyable as possible, they instead opted to make one experience a bit of a let down. Why are so few stores open? Why are there NO PLACES AT ALL even at launch to rent? Why is the cop AI so terrible at initiating wanted levels with no just cause? 

People aren't complaining because it's a terrible game. People are complaining because a potential 10/10 vast singleplayer experience, comes off as a dumbed down version of what it could've been. I get the potential the online has, I get that they want to push that more than the singleplayer experience. But I can also understand that the design choices to make the singleplayer so limited in comparison was a poor choice. It's a heist game with no spur of the moment heists, only a few in missions. It's a game about thieves with nothing to steal at the end of it. It's an open world full of beautiful buildings all of which mean nothing when you can't go in them, there aren't even any personal houses to buy.

There is a strong difference between outright disliking a game, to liking it but being let down by such blatant mistakes and wanting it to be more complete than it is. If you disagree with such opinions then give reasoning of your own as to why it's such a beautiful game, why these limitations that everyone is pointing out supposedly aren't limitations. How the fact the online is supposedly so open and complete makes up for it in your eyes.

But merely coming in to express your dismay at negative opinions (with no substance of your own), makes you just as retarded as people that ignore all the good.

• Duxfever, Jedibaker91 and Sugfisk like this

DocPip
  • DocPip

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:22 AM

If you are only at 80%, then there is plenty to do. 20% exactly.

The game has been out for 3 fricken days.

f*cking this.
OP rushed through the missions? No wonder he's disappointed. Look at all the random encounters, kidnapping folk for the Alutis cult, parachute missions, races, collectible missions, tennis, golf, shooting range, gun deliveries, scrap car work, I could go on.

bendead
  • bendead

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:25 AM Edited by bendead, 21 September 2013 - 10:26 AM.

Well, I am kind of happy that I am not the only one disappointed by this new GTA. I've been playing them since the first one in 2D and I continued to see my enjoyment getting better with each new episode until GTA 4 came out, a bad surprised after San Andreas.

With GTA 5, I expected something awesome, I expected the best GTA ever ! But it's far from it, let me explain and remember that it's my opinion only :

- The 3 characters gameplay is bad for immersion even if I like the concept of switching during mission, you just feel like a puppeteer, you can't really be your character. I would love to be able to choose a specific one at the start and stick with him and get his own friends backing you up during missions. With that you play your style and you do the game 2 more times to have different challenges and gameplay styles.

- Getting your pilot license in bronze or gold will give you nothing, and it's the same for a lot of missions, like the one were you have to

Spoiler
because you will have no money or fun with it... And the list can go on,
Spoiler

- The scenario is bad,

Spoiler

- Why do we have abilities ? You don't really feel them and there are no step like in SA with dual guns and special stuffs

- Why is saving your car so horrible ?

- why can't you change the default car of the character ?

- Why not using the Sleeping Dog system where you have all your cars in parking space all around the map, I know it's not really realistic, but it's great and you don't really need taxi anymore.

- The helicopter flying is rubbish with a game pad and I did not find a way to connect my FSX hardware... And by the way on the missile equipped one, why can't you target every vehicles, why just police or enemies ?

- I just hated the

Spoiler
So many kid are playing this game...

- Why, tuning the engine, adding a turbo and changing the transmission will not up the max speed ?

- The police system sucks... You punch a gangsta on a street were dozen of people are shot everyday and the police come right away, the same if you use sticky bomb on a car that is 400 meters away or shoot the only farmer while you are in the desert 3km away from any witness...

- About the online game, it sounds cool, but why did you not work more for SP content or even included those MP change, addon to it ?

- On my X360 it's really ugly, but I am a PC gamer so disregard my comment here

- Instead of having your business manager calling you every time about getting robbed, why not giving them the opportunity to own an automatic shotgun ? And why the hell can't you do missions to increase the profit from those place, like killing the competition or marketing your own way ?

- Why spending so much time modeling the underwater when you use it like 3% of the game, when could have use this time to make more SP contents ?

- I can't buy any apartments or houses

- Why the 3 guys can't agree to

Spoiler
?

- Why do I need 3 different shotguns with me ?

- Why the knife and police stick are the only melee weapons available ?

- Where can I find really fun missions, like the one with M.Toreno or the Truth ?

- I am used to GTA:SA and Sleeping Dog awesome radios, what happened to GTA 5, did they gave the job to an internship ?

- ETC...

Well it's minor for you, more for me, but if I keep adding them all, I will say that this game is kinda boring and a huge back step from SA. For the people who said, 800 milions USD in 2 days shows the quality of the game, you are wrong, it show the reputation of it and the successful marking plan.

With the amount of money they are making, I wonder if it will be free SP DLC ?

• Duxfever and Jedibaker91 like this

Reuken89
  • Reuken89

GTA Veteran

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:28 AM

The health system is what really gets me. My friend and I have tripped on the sidewalk and died. And you can't go on killing sprees with out some serious planning cause all it take is 3-4 shots to kill you and the police are on you like that. and don't get me started on how long it takes to lose the stars. I had to avoid the cops for 3 minutes one time and had to do a mission multiple times because I couldnt loose the stars before the time ran out.

And the hiests also dissapoint me. 4 hiests? and you only get paid for 2 of them?!?! After all the hype about the hiests i expected to do a lot more and get more money with how epensive everything is.

All and all if this game can be fun, but it can be very limited fun. im just waiting for the invincible cheat.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:31 AM

Well this is my favourite GTA it finally killed SA.

On topic well I'm on these forums right now but I'm still having fun I hardly explored the map outside missions and basejumps but damn I got 85% pretty fast.

Zupexqt
  • Zupexqt

Rat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:41 AM

f*cking this.
OP rushed through the missions? No wonder he's disappointed. Look at all the random encounters, kidnapping folk for the Alutis cult, parachute missions, races, collectible missions, tennis, golf, shooting range, gun deliveries, scrap car work, I could go on.

Can you honestly in good conscience say those things entertain anyone for long?

Hour and a half for each of the collectibles. Tennis and golf suck hardly anyone will want to play more than one game of each, shooting range takes an hour at the most. Scrap car work for $500 sure is fun when everything you want is over 10 million, taking people to cannibals more than once is certainly a rewarding experience... Random encounters are few and far between worthwhile ones in both entertainment and reward.

Working 8 hour days and going out with friends for a couple of hours each night this week for dinner, I am still at 90% after five days. It isn't a case of rushing it, it's just a case of there not being much content even if the world is big.

700 missions in the online mode. 

Now add all the extra buildings and content that online is getting on top of that.

To say the singleplayer is at an awesome level for launch, when obviously it's completely lackluster in comparison to what they promise in the online is stupid. You don't have anywhere near everything open to you and once the story is over you can feel it, you can feel how empty it is. And if they had only put in a little more time to make the post story content more fun at launch I doubt people would be complaining on the points they are. To me it just comes across as poor decision making, if you are going to promote a vast and vibrant world make it so from the beginning...

• Duxfever, Degrees and Jedibaker91 like this

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

f*cking this.

Can you honestly in good conscience say those things entertain anyone for long?

Hour and a half for each of the collectibles. Tennis and golf suck hardly anyone will want to play more than one game of each, shooting range takes an hour at the most. Scrap car work for $500 sure is fun when everything you want is over 10 million, taking people to cannibals more than once is certainly a rewarding experience... Random encounters are few and far between worthwhile ones in both entertainment and reward.

Working 8 hour days and going out with friends for a couple of hours each night this week for dinner, I am still at 90% after five days. It isn't a case of rushing it, it's just a case of there not being much content even if the world is big.

700 missions in the online mode. 

Now add all the extra buildings and content that online is getting on top of that.

To say the singleplayer is at an awesome level for launch, when obviously it's completely lackluster in comparison to what they promise in the online is stupid. You don't have anywhere near everything open to you and once the story is over you can feel it, you can feel how empty it is. And if they had only put in a little more time to make the post story content more fun at launch I doubt people would be complaining on the points they are. To me it just comes across as poor decision making, if you are going to promote a vast and vibrant world make it so from the beginning...

Yes hate that they obviously took things out of SP for MP I really hate the way gaming is going can't play a game without cut content and having to go online. Last gen was so much better simple times. Next gen going to get worse going to wait for those consoles to drop below £200 or if Mass Effect 4 is good.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users