» «
Photo

anyone else think the main Antagonist in V Was Disappointing? (V Spoi

19 replies to this topic
GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:24 AM Edited by XTREME0235, 21 September 2013 - 10:20 AM.

that Devin guy Really? i mean dimtri sonny tenpenny Billy grey
and then you have Devin! that big bad motherf*cker or maybe you
disagree? maybe you think his the perfect Antagonis and the best
Yet?

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:40 AM Edited by BMW Sterling, 21 September 2013 - 12:42 AM.

Devin was sick dude. I'm angry I didn't kill that f*ck when I was given my 3 choices!

I mean he literally robbed us of MILLIONS of dollars, killed our friends, and used us for his needs. Stephen Haynes was bad too.

Franklin_Clinton24
  • Franklin_Clinton24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:56 AM

I actually forgot the Antagonist so that shows that Dimitri was better
  • theGTAking101 likes this

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:50 AM

I'm not sure why would you even bother to make such a thread, I mean, look at your username.

It is obvious that everything else in V will be disappointing for you since you're an IV fanboy.

Oh well, each to their own preferences.

Everything on here is subjective by the way.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:21 AM

I didn't realise GTA V had an antagonist until the end. It was definitely different to previous games. I acquired a genuine hate for Dimitri after his betrayal.

With Devin I was thinking "What? This is the guy I was meant to hate?". Same with Steve. They just didn't feel like true antagonists IMO.

I'm on another playthrough so maybe things might be a bit clearer.
  • WildBrick142 and theGTAking101 like this

squeakyg
  • squeakyg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 September 2013 - 11:53 AM

The villain of GTA V isn't even a person... it's criminal success. The thing that destroyed Michael's family and happiness was the money that made him rich.

I think this is why the game continually punishes you for trying to amass wealth -- such as properties not giving a return on their investment, the FIB forcing you to do heists without pay, Devin not paying you for the cars, and the Merryweather heist being for nothing.

• OG Sunny likes this

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:50 PM

Yeah, he wasn't really as memorable as other antagonists like Sonny or Dimitri. He's also a bit of a pussy as well, though I cheered once

Spoiler

3Hunt
  • 3Hunt

Evilest nigga this side of the Mississippi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 October 2013 - 04:22 AM

Actually, wouldn't Michael or Trevor also be the main antagonists? I mean, Franklin seems to be the central protagonist as he's chosen to do the last job, killing Trevor or Michael means they're the main antagonists, right? Nah, jk, I'm high.

ruud.
  • ruud.

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:34 AM

Such is the intelligence of a typical GTA IV fanboy.

This isn't Marvel or DC where the antagonist is hyped to be the grandest, meanest, baddest, strongest, smartest and most enigmatic of all beings in their universes.

Your delusion doesn't surprise me, though, considering your first GTA probably was IV. A johnny-come-lately ignoramus.

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

1.16 = Baddies in Buzzards

• Members
  • England

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:34 AM

The villain of GTA V isn't even a person... it's criminal success. The thing that destroyed Michael's family and happiness was the money that made him rich.

Now that, ladies and gentlemen, is what we call an insightful comment.

Niko Vercetti 112
  • Niko Vercetti 112

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:23 PM

This isn't Marvel or DC where the antagonist is hyped to be the grandest, meanest, baddest, strongest, smartest and most enigmatic of all beings in their universes.

Your delusion doesn't surprise me, though, considering your first GTA probably was IV. A johnny-come-lately ignoramus.

Evidently you don't understand the conventions of good story-telling. An antagonist doesn't have much of an impac if they don't seem like a massive threat to the protagonist, or are introduced late in the story.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 October 2013 - 07:49 PM

no need to insult me for having an opinion and no my first was Gta 2 actually  still have it on the old Ps1.  :inlove:

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

That was honestly the most ignorant post I've seen in a while and ignorant posts get made here everyday.

Congratulations.
  • Duxfever likes this

one55
  • one55

Dirty Playstation Peasant!

• Members

Posted 03 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

They weren't really bad guys...just powerful/rich assholes. Trevor was more of an antagonist than anyone else because he's unpredictable and hated/wanted to kill Michael. 

I'm pretty sure Trevor was actually meant to be the antagonist. We meet M & F early on but don't meet T until after the jewel store heist. And like i just said...he wanted to kill michael. plus, i'm sure dan houser said that we get to play as the antagonist so yeah....pretty sure it's Trevor.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:18 AM

They weren't really bad guys...just powerful/rich assholes. Trevor was more of an antagonist than anyone else because he's unpredictable and hated/wanted to kill Michael. 

I'm pretty sure Trevor was actually meant to be the antagonist. We meet M & F early on but don't meet T until after the jewel store heist. And like i just said...he wanted to kill michael. plus, i'm sure dan houser said that we get to play as the antagonist so yeah....pretty sure it's Trevor.

Makes perfect sense thinking about it.

Billy james
  • Billy james

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by billy james, 05 October 2013 - 02:41 PM.

To me Devin Westen and Steve Haines were two of the biggest scumbag ever, so I didn't think twice when the game gave you the choice to

Spoiler

WinterEdit
  • WinterEdit

It was all just lying there!

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:35 PM Edited by WinterEdit, 05 October 2013 - 03:37 PM.

Haven't finished any of the other GTA's, but I liked Devin and Steve as the antagonists.

I mean... Devin basically broke every promise he made. He didn't even seem to care when 

Spoiler
At least I think she was Devin's employee. I don't remember... also he wanted 
Spoiler

Then there's Steve. A corrupt FIB agent that is ready to 

Spoiler
and in the end to ask Franklin to 
Spoiler

Maybe they weren't perfect antagonists, but they were good enough for me. I don't really know the main antagonists of other GTA-games (wasn't Catalina one in GTA III and GTA: SA based on GTA III ending video I saw few years ago? As said earlier, I don't know/remember.).

Edit: So... many... black bars... lol.

gtamad8
  • gtamad8

The Miracle

• Members

Posted 05 October 2013 - 09:08 PM

Devin was the antagonist? I thought it was Madrazo then Trevor then Stretch then Cheng then Devin.

Waaayy too many compared to the 1 main antag and 2 side in IV (Darko and Bulgarin the sides)

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:28 PM Edited by Edward-Is-A-Flunky45, 07 October 2013 - 03:33 PM.

S

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:32 PM

I think that V's antagonist was weak but in terms of showing the reality these days is what made me think different. I think that GTA V could've gone a lot further with its story and abusing from its gameplay like GTA IV(I mean I used a lot of the trains in the game... With GTA V we don't use that.). But GTA V is different because you play people that knows the city. They already have their story there. I hope they get back to one protagonist again and that the protag is a new comer. The three protags is good. But I expected something in 8 days level. Fluid switching and responsive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users