» «
Photo

Getting a wanted level for standing still

20 replies to this topic
SteveG700
  • SteveG700

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:50 PM Edited by SteveG700, 20 September 2013 - 11:52 PM.

Going for a walk as Michael down a city street is a peculiar experience. If I stand still, someone will either start a fight or call the cops. A guy's playing the guitar, I stop to listen, he drops the guitar, starts freaking out, and calls the police.

It's peculiar, since I get no heat for something like, say, stealing a car.

Haven't been playing super-long, so maybe someone else has figured out what the deal is with this? Is a bug or something situational?

Ollie8557
  • Ollie8557

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:51 PM

Crimes against fashion? What were you wearing?

Big_Mitch_Baker
  • Big_Mitch_Baker

== Angels of Death - Founder

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:58 AM

I've had this happen too, I'll be standing there and a woman will shout "I'm calling the cops!" and if I don't run over and clock her in the face before she takes her phone out, I get a wanted level for no reason :blink:

RIGHTLY
  • RIGHTLY

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

Sounds like a bug or an oversight in how the pedestrians work. Hopefully Rockstar will patch it.

The Gardener
  • The Gardener

jebeno isti

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:04 AM

The AI of peds in this game is borderline retarded. People start fights with me if I decide to obey red lights. Theres lots of other dumb stuff I won't get into.

Which is wierd because the cop AI is quite good.

Vanzant
  • Vanzant

おっぱい 23V

• United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:08 AM

I haven't had issues with standing around except for Franklin, people in the residential areas always seem to pick fights with him. I do know that you'll cause problems by standing too close to people, staring or bumping into them. I only had one thing that made no sense, I got a star for walking past an officer.

All in all it's nothing problematic and it doesn't happen a lot. At least not on my end.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

I was standing completely still with trevor and this chick walks by and screams and runs away and this other guy starts beating the sh*t out of me, then the cops come at start shooting at me. Wtf?

Lanzfeld113
  • Lanzfeld113

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:00 AM

The cop AI isn't that good. All they do in the random encounters is just ram full speed.

A 2002
  • A 2002

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:03 AM

This lol and car damage and lack of cars... this didn't happen in IV!

• Boxman108 likes this

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

I only got my game yesterday so havent played it much. I've only played Franklin so far and nothing odd has happened EXCEPT one thing.. I had saved my game, went out walking that night, bought a knife and got a lil $$$ then saved my game again so its daylight now and I went driving, I saw NOTHING but females everywhere! First what happened to those images where you see TONS of peds (they said there would be many more). Well I was seeing my 5 ppl total 2 over here, 2 over there, another alone etc... BUt these were all females, I kept driving, nothing but females!! I was like?!?!? Where are the males?! You expect them to have weapons, $$ ... Finally found one old dude.

Then later went driving around and found gangs, they had on green shirts, it was like 3 and some others standing around, those in plain clothes. I ran two of them over, they def wasted Franklin quick in the vehicle, of course I had no gun yet so...

Did a few taxi missions for $$$. And being wanted, that was insane at beginning of the game where you're supposed to get the cars to the dealership, man I ended up on the highway and every 1/8 *mile* there was another cop, never could get away! FInally drove OFF the road, down the side of hill, so got away.

Havent been busted yet, I noticed the "wanted" status is A LOT longer now. It takes forever for the stars to disappear, even with one.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:17 AM Edited by Racecarlock, 21 September 2013 - 02:21 AM.

Oh my god. I was buying this property as trevor, right? Well, this woman calls the cops while the pan of the property is still in progress. So I then had to escape the cops for no good god damn reason.

Sometimes realism just isn't worth it rockstar! Most parts of this game seem to indicate you agree, so what the hell? I love the game, but what the hell?

Edit: It wasn't exactly for nothing. The girl called the cops because I wouldn't leave when asked to because I couldn't because the camera was showing the property I just bought. She apparently wanted me to leave because I looked weird.

I got a wanted level for looking weird. Rockstar, your game has spaceship parts and alien hallucinations in it. Take a few more liberties would ya?

Costar
  • Costar

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 03:32 AM

Yep, now for some reason, I cant even get in a Taxi EXCEPT as a passenger. Frankly sometimes acts like he wants to get in upfront but he wont, he runs around to the passenger side rear and gets in, its whether pressing the button and holding it or just barely tapping it...  Well now its down to just robbing stores for some quick $$ :lol:

streetx1xracer
  • streetx1xracer

F*kn magnets, how do they work?

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:38 AM

Yep, now for some reason, I cant even get in a Taxi EXCEPT as a passenger. Frankly sometimes acts like he wants to get in upfront but he wont, he runs around to the passenger side rear and gets in, its whether pressing the button and holding it or just barely tapping it...  Well now its down to just robbing stores for some quick $$ :lol:

You press triangle/Y to get In as a passenger, you have to hold triangle/Y to hijack it.

zachy
  • zachy

GT: ExO Semper

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 04:58 AM

Yeah, if you go by any cops and stand still you get a wanted level. I was next to a cop at a red light, and they started shooting me. And also one one of the freeways out towards Paleto, I was walking by a cop sitting on the side of the freeway and they got out an started shooting. No reason.

Poker2012chu
  • Poker2012chu

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:05 AM Edited by Poker2012chu, 21 September 2013 - 05:05 AM.

This happened to me when I decided to see what it would be like to take a tram. At the station, this stereotypical valley girl (reminds me of Tracey) goes up to Franklin and complains that he's there. She then says "I'm calling the cops." Yup, got a 1 star wanted level that turned into 3 stars just for waiting at the tram station...

pentaxian
  • pentaxian

PKDY Crew Representative

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 05:13 AM

yea the more peds thing was a freakin lie it turns out.  peds just notify the cops right away for anything too.

havent noticed anything like me being specifically targeted by cops, but i find it MUCH easier to lose the cops in this game than in iv.  the fact that the blocks are bigger and the handling is easier helps, as you can see the cops coming from further away on the radar.  only probs are that you can die faster if you get shot a couple times, and yes, the stars dropping takes longer.

i feel like i rarely see cops driving around in my game, but i have gotten stars for beating up a group of bikers in the mountains, sh*t like that.

twannie1997
  • twannie1997

Ready for PC

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:15 AM

I didn't really have this happen to me yet, but if peds have THIS attitude, they want you to commit crimes!

Or they just like to be pissing off the cops and call 9-1-1 all the time.

the_samich
  • the_samich

Thug

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

I got s cab ride with no money and instead of like in IV where they would drop you off when you ran out of cash, he took me to my destination but then I had an immediate wanted level. I was confused until I realized that I was flat broke.

Vice Beach
  • Vice Beach

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:11 AM

Today I walked into a FLEECA store and as soon as I enter right in front of me are two flamboyant guys who turn towards me simultaneously. I thought it was funy so I didn't move and just stared at them and I got clocked in the face for no reason. I ran outside climbed on a phone booth and rang the cops. A beat cop ran up and gunned them down in cold blood. The streets of Los Santos are a rough and confusing place.

release82
  • release82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:41 PM

I hate the fact that explosions you cause in the wilderness attract cops. I like setting corpses on fire so I sprayed gasoline on some assholes bodythat started beef and lead a trail to his bike. The explosion was in the desert. No one around. Still got a star.

Wildcat67
  • Wildcat67

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

I have had this happen twice and both times with Franklin.  I think there is racial profiling in th game.

One time I was at the vechicle impound and there was a cop standing there that said something to me so I went and stood about 5 ft in front of him and looked at him.  After about 5-10 seconds I got  a wanted level and he pulls out his gun and starts shooting at me.

Another time I was in vinewood hills and pulled into a cul de sac to check my emails on my phone and check on the stocks.  All the sudden I hear sirens and the homeowner standing there.  She must have called the cops.

What a black man in a nice neighborhood is reason to call the cops?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users