» «
Photo

Response to mod post on "Username change"

4 replies to this topic
Darlyn
  • Darlyn

Keyboard & mouse

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:51 PM Edited by Darlyn, 20 September 2013 - 07:51 PM.

The community demand for username changes is obvious, but the mods claim this is a big decision to make and so we must wait.

One mod posted this before locking it:

There's really no point in everyone continuing to post here just to say they want a name change. We're still in the process of trying to get the forums sorted out and functioning properly, so allowing name changes are not very high on the priority list at the moment. Yes, it's a simple thing to do in the admin panel, but it is a decision that needs to be thought out before it happens, otherwise people are just going to go overboard with it. Just be patient.

Preventing people from going overboard is very simple: limit it to one change every certain number of years, and only to accounts over certain ages. 

Personally, I've wanted to change my own username for years. I've talked to the admins about this before several times and they claimed wasn't possible with the old forum software. Well now it definitely is possible, and it's about time that we were allowed to do it.

King Andreas
  • King Andreas

(_)

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:06 AM

I tried registering a new account with my current username in all caps but to no avail. A case change (rather than a name change) was my motivation for that failed attempt.

Byzantine
  • Byzantine

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:25 AM

You could have had your username changed on the older forums.

Shou
  • Shou

y

• Members
  • Jamaica
  • Best Signature 2013
    Best Signature 2012

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:05 AM Edited by shoumic, 21 September 2013 - 06:05 AM.

You could have had your username changed on the older forums.

Yes it was possible, but they just weren't done. You're just going to have to wait Darlyn. 

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

It's not as simple as flipping a switch though. Members will definitely get the ability to change their username but we still have to work out the rules that we're going to put in place so that the feature is not abused. However, as has been said again and again, this is not the priority at the moment. The priority is to get the forums and the other important features working as they should. Once all the underlying issues have been sorted out, we'll get to the extra features.

This will take time. Add that to the fact that almost everyone on the staff is busy playing V at the moment. Just be patient. I'm sure you can wait a while longer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users