Photo

Does Anyone Else Not Like Trevor

161 replies to this topic
MagzGTA
  • MagzGTA

The 1975-Tones

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:14 PM

Trevor is such a complex character...he literally is a schizophrenic. He's a good guy, with morals and a clear mind at times (That woman he kidnaps sees that in him) but he snaps like a motherf*cker at slight things. I found him hilarious and even though I did not see him as an important character before the game came out he became my favourite. I just loved how manipulating he was. He was a beast of a character no doubt.

My favourite scene is in

Spoiler
house where he proposes to Debora and Floyd "My father was not nice to me" is my favourite line it had me in stitches.

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:19 PM

The implied sodomization of

Spoiler
is what made him irredeemable in my opinion.

but then that whole thing with

Spoiler
got me thinking that he might not be that bad

Snock
  • Snock

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

At first I didn't really care for him, but now he is easily the best character.  I love playing as him and hanging out with Lamar, who is also insanely funny.

Michael on the other hand I can't stand. 

Raspy
  • Raspy

Driver

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

He's a crazy, trailer trash looking, articulate and witty character. What's not to like?

GlenTempest
  • GlenTempest

I f*ck cats.

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:07 PM

He my favourite protagonist because he reminds me of myself. Plus he's funny as sh*t.

What other game character has raped a teddy bear or slaughtered a man and his fiancé.

METALPUNK
  • METALPUNK

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

If you hate Trevor then Rockstar did their job and they did it good. Your supposed to hate him. He's the guy we love to hate. If you met a guy like that in real life you'd most likely stay clear of him. Since this is a game though and we are forced to be around homer get an inside look at how people like him think and act.

Kamii786
  • Kamii786

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:27 PM

What!? I didn't even think it was possible to hate Trevor, funniest GTA character ever.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:29 PM

Well f*ck you then. And I hope you die irl.

ryan_J
  • ryan_J

GTA FOR LIFE !

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:40 PM

I disliked him a lot before, but I've just started doing his side missions because I was getting tired of Franklin and he's really growing on me so far! I keep him a nice suit though, didn't like the scruffy dress code! 

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

Well f*ck you then. And I hope you die irl.

Im never going to DIE IRL!

Lagful
  • Lagful

Certified Fresh

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:47 PM Edited by Lagful, 22 September 2013 - 11:49 PM.

I feel like they tried too hard on his craziness. Also, why do developers feel the need to have a crazy, psychotic main character in all the games nowadays. I feel as if Vaas from Far Cry 3 was the only one done right.

lazy.
  • lazy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

I lol'd at "Now smile!" and when he said "Mr Raspberry Jam died a noble death."

Munx
  • Munx

Homie

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:35 AM Edited by Munx, 23 September 2013 - 12:37 AM.

To me trevor is easily the best protagonist in a gta game so far, hes just awesome, feels like he has alot more depth then most video game characters.

Its easy to miss I think, but if you pay attention you'll notice hes actually sharp as a blade, and reluctantly compassionate.

bish0p2004
  • bish0p2004

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

Honestly, I feel that Trevor is the most appropriate GTA character to date. He is psycho at times, but sane at other times. He's smart, well spoken, and charismatic.

He's also tough as sh*t.

The reason his personality works so well is because it fits with the gameplay. It doesn't make a lot of sense to go on rampages with Michael, because he doesn't seem like he wants to hurt people, but with Trevor, anything goes.

Mr_Leone
  • Mr_Leone

The Liberty City Experience

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:13 AM

Spoiler

Jomero
  • Jomero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

The only people who like Trevor are immature teenage boys who think he's funny. He is by far the worst character I have ever played.

I'm almost 36 years old.  I have a stable job, a house, and a pregnant wife.  When I interact with people out in the real world, I am polite.  Even the random high shcool kid who hands me my food a the fast food window, I will use "please" and "thank you very much" and even "sir" and genuinely mean it without any irony or sarcasm.

I don't care for any sports, and don't even watch the Superbowl.  I don't play any Calls of Duty or Battlefields.  If I find out I've offended someone, I do my best to apologize and make it up to them.  When people tell me a story about their interests, I intently listen instead of waiting for them to finish just so I can interject something just to make the conversation more about myself.

Having said that, Trevor is by far my favorite of the three characters.  I can understand Michael to a point, but the core of his being is that he's a selfish prick.  Some would say "He does things for family" but actions speak louder than words.  When his daughter was being humiliated, it was Trevor who stepped in and questioned Michael's own parenting and wouldn't stand for how she was being treated.

Trevor definitely has issues and he and I would certainly not be friends with him in real life (or any GTA protagonist in the history of the series, really).  But he is genuine in everything he says and does.  He would not sacrifice his own morals, personal code, or friends for a buck, or even his life. 

At the end of the day, GTA is a video game.  A video game.  Just another form of entertainment. And Trevor entertains me with his mad howling, his comments, and his crazy antics.  Sure, some things he does I'm not that entertained by.  But, by and large, it's a safe bet Trevor is going to put a smile on my face at some point.  Not everyone will like him, but that's the beauty of this game.  Not everyone has to.

Try not to generalize much.  If you have to generalize, maybe it's time to take a deeper look into yourself.

• Pedestrial likes this

nowaydawg
  • nowaydawg

Rat

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:44 PM Edited by nowaydawg, 23 September 2013 - 08:49 PM.

I liked Michael at first but after BRAD, and everything, he basically f*cked Trevor over and didn't say a word in 10 years, that made me realise Michael is a selfish c*nt, that only cared for himself and his family and not of his friends

What would you choose IRL: Keeping your Family safe
or Friends?

Well, the choice is pretty obvious, at least for me.

Vugo
  • Vugo

An user with an actual, functional brain.

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:52 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Uncle Bad Touch
  • Uncle Bad Touch

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:29 PM

Michael and Trevor beat Niko any day of the week.

FranticFatality
  • FranticFatality

British Hillbilly

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

What's wrong with being gay?

And he may be a bit insane, but I find him better than Michael, who was annoying at times and Franklin, who had the most irritating voice (yehh letz get dis bolsheeet) and appeared in the background too much.

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:38 PM Edited by ASIAN LAWYER, 23 September 2013 - 09:40 PM.

The only people who like Trevor are immature teenage boys who think he's funny. He is by far the worst character I have ever played.

I'm almost 36 years old.  I have a stable job, a house, and a pregnant wife.  When I interact with people out in the real world, I am polite.  Even the random high shcool kid who hands me my food a the fast food window, I will use "please" and "thank you very much" and even "sir" and genuinely mean it without any irony or sarcasm.

I don't care for any sports, and don't even watch the Superbowl.  I don't play any Calls of Duty or Battlefields.  If I find out I've offended someone, I do my best to apologize and make it up to them.  When people tell me a story about their interests, I intently listen instead of waiting for them to finish just so I can interject something just to make the conversation more about myself.

Having said that, Trevor is by far my favorite of the three characters.  I can understand Michael to a point, but the core of his being is that he's a selfish prick.  Some would say "He does things for family" but actions speak louder than words.  When his daughter was being humiliated, it was Trevor who stepped in and questioned Michael's own parenting and wouldn't stand for how she was being treated.

Trevor definitely has issues and he and I would certainly not be friends with him in real life (or any GTA protagonist in the history of the series, really).  But he is genuine in everything he says and does.  He would not sacrifice his own morals, personal code, or friends for a buck, or even his life. 

At the end of the day, GTA is a video game.  A video game.  Just another form of entertainment. And Trevor entertains me with his mad howling, his comments, and his crazy antics.  Sure, some things he does I'm not that entertained by.  But, by and large, it's a safe bet Trevor is going to put a smile on my face at some point.  Not everyone will like him, but that's the beauty of this game.  Not everyone has to.

Try not to generalize much.  If you have to generalize, maybe it's time to take a deeper look into yourself.
yeah i saw that guys post the other day and thought "somebody really needs to take this guy down a peg". well done jomero.

beatthedevil56
  • beatthedevil56

Your Personal Jesus

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

I love playing as Trevor. He is a mix of Jack Nicholson, Hunter S. Thompson to me. 

Clay33
  • Clay33

Prankster

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:50 PM Edited by Clay33, 23 September 2013 - 09:52 PM.

Spoiler

Jomero
  • Jomero

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

My wife even thinks he's funny.  She cracked up over the "I said buy something nice, not expensive!" comment.  And I think I was more disturbed by the 

Spoiler
than she was.   But GTA games in general don't bug her, she enjoys them just as much as anyone else.

HeroicFails
  • HeroicFails

Heroic Since the start, Fail till i die!

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:52 PM

"Did I ever tell you 'bout Trevor?"... No, No you didn't, please refresh my memory mister Michael, but on topic, Trevor is the best in my opinion, I like how you can customize him, try to make the craziest look character ever, and e can have a bad ass biker face with his chopper moustache and his "Hippy" clothing, you will get what I mean if you listen to the convos that Michael and him have on a drive somewhere xD

van_frost
  • van_frost

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:56 PM

The thing which made me laugh the most was when the three of them put masks on and he just let out this giggle. Not sure why but it tickled me

Mr Vice City
  • Mr Vice City

Snitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:03 PM

I think he's awesome, my fave character so far in V. He may in fact knock Mr Vercetti off my all-time no.1 spot. I like the way he has so much anger. He gives not a single f***.

milkmansun
  • milkmansun

Detective

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:07 PM

I am amazed how Rockstar had made the characters same as chaotic as previous protagonists.

(except Niko, well on second thought he is the least)

But really making the players not to relate to any of the main characters as they all are bad people.

The more detail they have included about how bad people are really not likable makes Rockstar a giant story teller... Kudos....

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

After the

Spoiler
, I hate him so much. When I get to the end of the game,
Spoiler

Krist075
  • Krist075

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:16 PM

The only problem I´m having with him is that after unlocking him

Spoiler
. f*ck that. He´s a bit too insane for my taste.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users