Does Anyone Else Not Like Trevor

161 replies to this topic
rampage08
  • rampage08

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:55 PM

Behind those scars and crazy psychopath look, he's actually a loyal guy, he's not a psycho as i thought he would be. I thought him and franklin and lamar wouldnt get along so well but turns out they did, trevor even mentioned franklin as a good kid.

Skorge
  • Skorge

I Completed the GTA V story, in 28 hours! (Option C)

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:07 PM Edited by Skorge, 20 September 2013 - 05:15 PM.

I Absolutely love Trevor! So funny witty and crazy! I can't believe how much one character draws you into a game, I liked Michael at first but after BRAD, and everything, he basically f*cked Trevor over and didn't say a word in 10 years, that made me realise Michael is a selfish c*nt, that only cared for himself and his family and not of his friends, his happiness came at a major cost of his friends and he was fine with it.

franklin was boaring, like cj 2.0, I saw no relevance to his character other than rockstar trying not to be accused of being racist too hard, not every GTA will need a gang banger, it gets very stale after a while, Lamar was fresh and funny, I liked that character more than the generic, I'm black and a cold nigga that is trying to get out the hood and leave my friends behind because im into bigger things bla bla bla,

but Trevor? What a revelation! The first time I have played as a pure physco and enjoyed it! R* got it just right, didn't hold back on anything with him, and if it wasn't for Trevor and his amazing screwed up mind, the story wouldn't of interested me in as much, the part where M and T meet back up gave me chills! I honestly enjoyed every moment of trevor, steven Ogg did a fantastic job with the voice work and brought the character to life.

Los santos would of been very boaring with just a family man and his mildly intresting dramas and a gang banger cj 2.0 rince wash repeat.

I just hope he will appear in future GTA Titles as his story/character is so intriguing! I hope this is not the last of Trevor Phillips!

T.P.I all the way!

SP3CTR3
  • SP3CTR3

Puncher of Demons

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:13 PM

hes ok. i hate what he did when you first play as him. hes actually pretty cool its just his psycho gets in the way.

sinceGTAIII
  • sinceGTAIII

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Spoiler
I love Trevor. Nice shout-out from R*.

Crakbone335
  • Crakbone335

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

I thought i would hate him at first, but now i see how hilarious he is and i actually like him.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:17 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 20 September 2013 - 05:17 PM.

Spoiler

Michael and Trevor are Americans. They lived in Yankton on a border with Canada, but its still USA. They talk about it a lot during chatting in vehicles.

Khaos89
  • Khaos89

Has a small willy

• BUSTED!
  • Antarctica

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:23 PM

You'll probably like the ending then.

sinceGTAIII
  • sinceGTAIII

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

Spoiler

Michael and Trevor are Americans. They lived in Yankton on a border with Canada, but its still USA. They talk about it a lot during chatting in vehicles.

Spoiler

Gta CreatureUK
  • Gta CreatureUK

Drop Dead Nightmare CREW

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:26 PM

I think Trevor is the greatest character of all time. He is just that perfect character. Big smile on my face every time he came on screen on the cinematic's

JoM
  • JoM

Laoch na nGael

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

It's a game,you aren't supposed to fall in love with the characters.

Personally,the cut scenes for Trevor are funny as hell,that's about all that matters bar killing sh*t

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Spoiler

Spoiler

Nice, I probably missed that if its true. He tells to someone that he is American though.

He is funny, I like all of them ( Franklin less, because they added him in game for people who like GTA:SA, so not me ) but Trevor has best friends and he is the most funny psycho of all of them.

DanteHicks79
  • DanteHicks79

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:45 PM Edited by DanteHicks79, 20 September 2013 - 05:45 PM.

It really spoke volumes when I set the radio to Los Santos Rock in a car, and Trevor profanely insulted my choice and flipped back over to redneck country.  You don't play Trevor; Trevor plays you.

Michael is ok.  I don't know why people hated on him in reviews - sure, he's not as witty and funny as Trev, but he legitimately cares about his family and is frustrated that his life became meaningless.  After all, he did

Spoiler
  I'm sure just about any middle-aged person can identify with Michael - he used to be the shiz, and now he's just shiz.

He also does have enough rage to justify some of his more outlandish moments in missions, and doesn't create the horible disconnect of Niko saying he's getting out of that life to become a good guy, and then turns around and slaughters an entire city block under your command.

Franklin I feel is too self-righteous; looking down on gangbangers and accusing practically everybody of being racist.  I think that was maybe a subtle statement from R* about how some folk use racism as a crutch.  He feels like the least interesting character, mostly because he spends all his time preaching about how he's gonna become better than his peers.

Alec Skorpio
  • Alec Skorpio

Old Fart

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:47 PM

Trevor is coming really really close to replacing Tommy as my favorite GTA protagonist. 

I honestly feel that people who hate him don't pay enough attention to him. 

exe_order_66
  • exe_order_66

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:48 PM

I love trevor. depraved, homicidal bi-polar maniac. I also feel sorry for him, because he knows he's sick in the head and doesnt want to get help for his crap. he needs to medicate himself or something.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:51 PM

Johnny was my favorite protagonist because he was the first actual character to show leadership. CJ was Sweet's sidekick, Vic was Lance's sidekick and Tommy didn't run a gang; he just picked them up after Diaz' death.

I was disappointed at the 'relationship' between Trevor and The Lost MC but it showed how powerful Trevor was as a character and how he was a force not to be reckoned with following the mishaps between his parents (you'll find out later down the line) and how that affected his life and mental stability.

I did disagree with how he treat Floyd, though; he bullied him all the way up to the point to where

Spoiler

I never avenged Floyd and Johnny's outcomes by choosing to

Spoiler
though.

well done you spoiler tagged osmething and forgot to spoilertag one name so there thankyou for SPOLING IT FOR ME

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:00 PM

Trevor is coming really really close to replacing Tommy as my favorite GTA protagonist. 

I did a little research on this when I was bored and people on these forums who mostly hate Trevor are people who are obssesed with Franklin and GTA:SA. 

In my opinion Rockstar decided to recreate their most successful characters in this game :

Trevor - Claude Speed

Michael - Tommy Vercetti

Franklin - C.J.

JustRob
  • JustRob

Homie

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

Originally, I liked Michael the best. But I have to hand it to Rockstar, Trevor is the best. He's not just hilarious, he's also a full fledged psycho. I love it, I love every minute of it.

Spoiler

Just choose Trevor, walk up to random peds, and press the right arrow. The stuff he says is so funny.

Laphin
  • Laphin

The Crazy Laughing Hyena

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:08 PM

This.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:14 PM Edited by jamieleng, 20 September 2013 - 06:15 PM.

As soon as I get the mini-gun, I am going to stroll down Vinewood Blvd with Trevor and just shoot everyone on site, including any cosplayers.  

Off topic, but does Impotent Rage ever show up outside the Oriental Theatre? I've only seen the Republican Space Rangers. Shame there's no Princess Robot Bubblegum cosplayers.

Nathaaann
  • Nathaaann

Homeboy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:23 PM

He basically f*cked Trevor over and didn't say a word in 10 years.

If you listen to the dialogue while in a mission or hanging out with Trevor or Franklin (as Michael), you actually hear him saying he thought Trevor was dead. They both thought each other were dead and didn't look for neither until Trevor heard about him so you can't exactly say Trevor's the good guy in the confusion.

LGDE56
  • LGDE56

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:25 PM

No, he's an obnoxious dick.

LiGzz
  • LiGzz

#RealNiggaShyt.

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:26 PM

If you listen to the dialogue while in a mission or hanging out with Trevor or Franklin (as Michael), you actually hear him saying he thought Trevor was dead. They both thought each other were dead and didn't look for neither until Trevor heard about him so you can't exactly say Trevor's the good guy in the confusion.

From what I've seen prior to Trevor resurfacing, Micheal knew he was alive and was dreading the inevitability of their reunion. He was probably bullsh*tting. 

ChatterBoxFM
  • ChatterBoxFM

★★★★★★

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

I didn't like him when I first met him (

Spoiler
)

But he's f*cking hilarious and is my favorite character now.

Jesse Pinkman
  • Jesse Pinkman

bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:30 PM Edited by Jesse Pinkman, 20 September 2013 - 06:30 PM.

From what I've seen prior to Trevor resurfacing, Micheal knew he was alive and was dreading the inevitability of their reunion. He was probably bullsh*tting. 

Michael knew that he is alive from his FIB friend who helped him with the death, but he didnt know that he is near Los Santos, which the FIB dude knew so he moved Michael to LS to easily stalk them both.

SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom
  • SALO or The 120 Days Of Sodom

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

The joker is/was a psycho, yet everyone loves him.

Jameson312
  • Jameson312

Founder and Lead Curler: LS Curling Association

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:10 PM

Trevor is the man. Get over it.

• joshua969 likes this

OhHeyBro
  • OhHeyBro

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:23 PM

At first I disliked the buttraping, meth cooking,

Spoiler
hillbilly psychopath and torturer but he has been growning on me. He's had some fun missions and I did respect how he
Spoiler

Lock N' Stock
  • Lock N' Stock

U WOT M8

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

As pissed as I am at him for killing

Spoiler
, I have alot of fun playing as Trevor, especially during rampages. He is just one complete psycho.

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

Yeah, he doesn't appeal to me either, by far the least played character. Micheal defiantly my favorite, his dialogue is funny and his play-style suits me the best.

AtomicPunk
  • AtomicPunk

I'm your huckleberry

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

I love that he

Spoiler

However, after discovering that Trevor is from

Spoiler
, and that he is not a redneck, yeah, that pretty much done it for me. I dress him in the suit that comes up to his shins so he looks like the goony idiot that he is. I still like him, but just not as much.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users