Quantcast

» «
Photo

Hyperlink?

3 replies to this topic

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:57 PM Edited by 860, 20 September 2013 - 03:07 PM.

In the old forums you were asked to give both a url and the name of the website where as in the new one you're only asked for the url and that is what appears in your post.

If I have a long url and I want to shorten it in to something like "click here" how do I do that in the new post editor?
Example: http://i.imgur.com/0OABovz.jpg

Edit: Nevermind. Found it. If you click the weird light switch symbol in the top left corner it gives you a more traditional view of the post you're writing.
Test.

Kind of awkward that you have to switch between two modes to do it, or am I just missing something?

Side question: Has anyone made a new script for the GTAF Post Wrapper for Greasemonkey?

Spider-Vice
  • Spider-Vice

I know you've been complaining, but you weren't ready.

• Zaibatsu
  • Portugal
  • Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:07 PM

You can write "click here", then highlight it, press the link button and put the link in the prompt. The text will become clickable.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:21 PM

You can write "click here", then highlight it, press the link button and put the link in the prompt. The text will become clickable.

Ah, so that's how you do it. And here I was typing out the url BB codes every time I wanted to hyperlink something:

The Yardies

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

Thanks!

We really should have a topic explaining all these little features in the new software.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users