• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:09 AM

Just like real life radio stations. :)

Lord_Ant_Warrior
  • Lord_Ant_Warrior

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:43 PM

GTA IV'S Rock stations were a lot better than V's, but in general I found the music on that game washed out and dull. Episodes from Liberty City DLC had a much better variety. In comparison I kind of like the music on this game, which I didn't expect to as I'm not the biggest fan of modern mainstream music. I guess this is always something which will never please everybody, as music taste is generally such a unique and subjective thing personal to each and every person. Maybe download some of the old GTA soundtracks?

JMan2
  • JMan2

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:14 PM

I imagine it's probably a parody on today's modern radio in that you'll constantly hear the same 'in' songs all the time, since most things on GTA are usually some sort of take on American culture.

I agree with others who say it'd be a nice feature though if you could add your own music and insert it into the game. Come to think of it, I'm sure it'd be a really easy and simple feature to implement.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• BUSTED!
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

I think people are being WAY too harsh on GTAV's Radio, not giving it time to just sink in, we had people complaining within the first week, come on, have most of you actually drove around at night listening to The Low Down 91.1, or gone on rampages with Trevor whilst blasting Channel X, or raced around whilst listening to SoulWax FM, or flown over the Vinewood Hills with Los Santos Rock Radio playing?

There IS a bug with the radio though where it only cycles through a certain amount of songs, meaning some people never get to hear the rest of the tracks on certain stations, like Non Stop Pop for example that suffers from this bug, but yeah I know people have different tastes and all, but to say this is the WORST soundtrack in all GTA games, come on, there have been worse.

lastmanonearth
  • lastmanonearth

Je suis Drunken Cowboy

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

I`m especially disappointed with the country station. I can tell that no one at Rockstar is a country fan. All garbage.

legendm0de
  • legendm0de

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:57 PM Edited by legendm0de, 17 October 2013 - 11:02 PM.

The west coast soundtrack is just not enough, more music is needed and variety but this is why it's baffling they haven't simply PUT CUSTOM MUSIC INTO THE GAME. What was the point of all the pictures, cartoons and trailers of people with headphones for. Headphones are clearly for music you don't hear on the radio.

PC version coming soon and virtually guaranteed to have Ind. FM a station fully dedicated to MP3 uploads which is blasphemous that console has still yet to get. 

I agree with others who are saying GTA V mimics real life radio stations, which nobody is also satisfied with but true problem I have is with the missing custom music that we are owed since PC versions have had them and will even get them in GTA  V  :cry:

wizwars
  • wizwars

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:25 PM

I really like the amount of variety between genres with this soundtrack.  West Coast Classics and Channel X (or whatever it's called) are my favorites. The classic rock station has some good tracks too. There's definitely too few of songs per station, especially with the punk station where the songs are usually less than three minutes...but overall I really like the soundtrack.

DaltonWilliams123
  • DaltonWilliams123

Welsh Wheelman

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:27 PM

These are my favourite songs from GTA 5:

1. Queen - Radio Ga Ga

2. Gerry Rafferty - Baker Street

3. Small Faces - Ogdens Nut Gone Flake

4. Waylon Jennings - Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way

Val___
  • Val___

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 October 2013 - 05:34 PM

Didn't much like the soundtrack either.  Vice City still rules supreme in this regard. It did awesome job in painting an image of the 80's. Much easier to look back some 20 years and deliver portrayal people find accurate, than trying to portray the " now." If that makes sense. Even so, for most expensive game ever made, they  brought surprisingly few of the really big names in. Trevor is saddened due to his inability to kill people to Lady Gaga songs:(

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:22 PM

Rockstar said there were over 250 songs and this was the biggest GTA soundtrack ever, but for some reason it didn't feel like it was anywhere near 250+ songs.

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:24 PM

Rockstar said there were over 250 songs and this was the biggest GTA soundtrack ever, but for some reason it didn't feel like it was anywhere near 250+ songs.

Really? Feels as though there's only like 7 per station.

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:28 PM

I think people are being WAY too harsh on GTAV's Radio, not giving it time to just sink in, we had people complaining within the first week, come on, have most of you actually drove around at night listening to The Low Down 91.1, or gone on rampages with Trevor whilst blasting Channel X, or raced around whilst listening to SoulWax FM, or flown over the Vinewood Hills with Los Santos Rock Radio playing?

There IS a bug with the radio though where it only cycles through a certain amount of songs, meaning some people never get to hear the rest of the tracks on certain stations, like Non Stop Pop for example that suffers from this bug, but yeah I know people have different tastes and all, but to say this is the WORST soundtrack in all GTA games, come on, there have been worse.

Has Rockstar made any mention of this on their support site? I didn't know about this.

That would explain why I keep hearing the same Britney Spears song ("It's Britney Biiitch")  :panic:

RememberToTaper
  • RememberToTaper

PUSH through the BURN

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Really? Feels as though there's only like 7 per station.

I agree it felt like the same 5-7 songs on each station.

I hope we all didn't just play through over 90 missions listening to a bugged out radio the whole time!

marco-polo
  • marco-polo

?

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 November 2013 - 01:38 PM

That would explain why I keep hearing the same Britney Spears song ("It's Britney Biiitch")  :panic:

I have to say i enjoy that song's catchyness, likewise for a few of the others :D

Didn't like it before V came out.

I agree it felt like the same 5-7 songs on each station.

The pop one anyway, the rap one is usually Ice Cube or Snoop Dogg.. I just couldn't be bothered, but a bit of variation is nice occasionally.

WhatThe?
  • WhatThe?

GTA V

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

My first post in months..
Anyway, I feel you brother, brother. The radio sucks, Kifflom.

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Damned Legend

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 02 November 2013 - 09:40 PM

I think it's a parody on modern radio.

Seems like they want literally EVERYTHING to be a parody even if it means making the game sh*ttier for the consumers.

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 02 November 2013 - 10:10 PM

Yeah, I have to agree. Amazing game and all but I would of thought of putting Music in as being on of the easier, more relaxed thing to do. If I was designing a game, I would put lots of songs in there - I mean, GTA is so influential and go onto any youtube song in GTA V or IV and you'll see the comments about gta so who would say no to GTA wanting you in there game? If they do, there are lots that won't.

Maybe, they could include more in further updates seeing as they are always improving online and most online updates come to single player (e,g: Beach Bum Pack)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users