Photo

GTA V radio literally the same music over and over

46 replies to this topic
SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:29 PM

GTA V radio literally the same music over and over, dose any one els has this? I tend to drive with no radio cause it is the same S!£$ every time on all radio stations.

Gutslab
  • Gutslab

Bustre

• Members
  • Bhutan

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

welcome to modern mainstream music? 

maybe try west coast classics

SamuelBenjamin
  • SamuelBenjamin

Film & Photography Cinematography & VFX LA

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

welcome to modern mainstream music? 

maybe try west coast classics

I'll try that radio

jivex5k
  • jivex5k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

Yeah there are a lot of stations. They all will start repeating eventually.

What would be awesome is letting you hook up a pandora account, or mp3s stored on your console drive.

normanself
  • normanself

A Happy Jehovah

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:44 PM

I think it's a parody on modern radio. Lots of cliche. One of the radio hosts does talk about bring more alternative but having to become more mainstream.
Unfortunately for me there is not one song I like. I don't mind though I mostly listen WCTR type radio anyway. Still would love a heavier station. A custom soundtrack would help me, I would like an app on the ifruit to download tracks from the hdd
  • Kurokatze likes this

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Yeah not a big fan of the soundtrack on this GTA. A ton of very annoying repetitive songs..

arangov3
  • arangov3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:17 PM

Nothing beats vice city's sound track lol wish I could drive around to "I ran" while running from the poe-poe but what ever I listen to talk radio or no radio this game has a lot of sounds and the radio makes me way over stimulated

]

the reason people wont like this sound track is because it is todays music and todays music sucks on every level but not folk music because folk music is kicking ass right now(says the guy who grew up off of tupac)

• Kurokatze likes this

Dr Kain
  • Dr Kain

Playa

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

How is this any different than any other GTA game?  The music always cycles through so of course it is going to eventually start over.  

I'm actually more disappointed as I was expecting more out of this original orchestrated pieces they claimed we were going to get in the game.  RDR's soundtrack was amazing, but none of that is here.  

TheSoup
  • TheSoup

Welsh Wizard

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

Been saying this all along: the radio is the weakest in a GTA series this time around.

Inked.
  • Inked.

Peace through Power.

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:06 PM

Yeah, it's kinda constant repeats. I've heard "How it was" by Future and A$AP Rocky's song alot, but "Ambitionz of a Ridah", DJ Quik's song, and "Hood Gon Love It" hardly ever. =/

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 06:55 PM

Can Xbox users not just stream their music over the top? I thought this was an overriding feature of Xbox?

DeanClifton92
  • DeanClifton92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:24 PM

I still haven't heard Love Sosa by Chief Keef yet, and I listen to Radio Los Santos a lot? Is the song actually in the game or not? I've read it is, but like I said it hasn't came on once :S 

kmg90
  • kmg90

Video games enthusiast

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

I started noticing a select few songs on a few stations that I regularly switch to...

I'm slowly loosing tolerance for have around 3 songs that loop for each station.

Glad to see I'm not the only one noticing or having similar issues, hopefully Rockstar could patch it after dealing with the majority of online bugs and glitches...

Otterisadumbshit
  • Otterisadumbshit

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:14 PM

i personally dont like most of the music that are in gta titles anyways. but they definitely fit with the game. id say the only radio station i liked was "the journey" from gta4. the one with all of the cool ambient tunes.

lincolnimp
  • lincolnimp

OG Playa

• Members

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

What about Classical and Opera like in GTA III ? I used to love gettin my murder on to some classical music - very Clockwork Orange.

• Otterisadumbshit likes this

Otterisadumbshit
  • Otterisadumbshit

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:20 AM

What about Classical and Opera like in GTA III ? I used to love gettin my murder on to some classical music - very Clockwork Orange.

oooo thats right. that was one of my favorite things about gta3. the classical and opera blended real well with the mafia based missions throughout the game. now that i remember, the jazz station on gta4 was also one of my favorites.

Don Fraser
  • Don Fraser

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:24 AM

Nothing beats San Andreas!

Otterisadumbshit
  • Otterisadumbshit

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:25 AM

i would say san andreas has the least impressive soundtrack out of the series.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

Give your free will a chance, you've got to want to succeed.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:36 AM

I would say you are wrong. 

With greats like Poison by BBD, Express Yourself by Charles Wright, Good Day by Ice Cube and Eminence Front by The Who, only a fool could hate the San Andreas soundtrack. It's one of the few things about the game that I think ISN'T overhyped. 

Every station was good - literally. 

3Hunt
  • 3Hunt

Evilest nigga this side of the Mississippi.

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:39 AM

R* should release more songs in a patch or update or DLC.

Otterisadumbshit
  • Otterisadumbshit

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:44 AM

With greats like Poison by BBD, Express Yourself by Charles Wright, Good Day by Ice Cube and Eminence Front by The Who, only a fool could hate the San Andreas soundtrack. It's one of the few things about the game that I think ISN'T overhyped. 

"only a fool could hate the san andreas soundtrack"  numerous flaws in that sentence there buddy boy. the main one where you accused me of hating the soundtrack. never said i hated it. as a human being who's not you, i have a different taste in music.  

beretta-gt88
  • beretta-gt88

Muscle cars rule!

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:52 AM

I want custom music from my HDD on my PS3

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Gangsta

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:55 AM

RLS is my favorite radio station, but I'll admit that it's getting very repetitive. The songs aren't as good as they were at first, because I've now heard them so much. It'd be cool if we could listen to songs stored on our console drive. I've got some great cruising songs.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:07 AM Edited by lizardman563, 15 October 2013 - 02:08 AM.

"only a fool could hate the san andreas soundtrack"  numerous flaws in that sentence there buddy boy. the main one where you accused me of hating the soundtrack. never said i hated it. as a human being who's not you, i have a different taste in music.  

First of all, I am not your buddy, nor am I a "boy", newcomer. I am a man who holds disdain for assumption-making know-it-alls like you. Also, I did not accuse you of hating the soundtrack, I just said that in general, only a fool could hate it. As it happens, your taste in music does not dictate what is or not good. You might not have liked the GTA SA soundtrack, okay, but guess what, it received nearly universal praise from all outlets, so I'd say that most probably disagree with you, so to say that the SA soundtrack is in fact the worst of the series would be incorrect. 

Oh yeah, and, if you're going to accuse me of "numerous flaws" in my sentences, atleast learn how to capitalize yours first. 

Otterisadumbshit
  • Otterisadumbshit

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:20 AM Edited by Otterisadumbshit, 15 October 2013 - 02:21 AM.

First of all, I am not your buddy, nor am I a "boy", newcomer. I am a man who holds disdain for assumption-making know-it-alls like you. Also, I did not accuse you of hating the soundtrack, I just said that in general, only a fool could hate it. As it happens, your taste in music does not dictate what is or not good. You might not have liked the GTA SA soundtrack, okay, but guess what, it received nearly universal praise from all outlets, so I'd say that most probably disagree with you, so to say that the SA soundtrack is in fact the worst of the series would be incorrect. 

Oh yeah, and, if you're going to accuse me of "numerous flaws" in my sentences, atleast learn how to capitalize yours first. 

show me some facts and figures that prove that the soundtrack of san andreas was met with "nearly universal appraise" and maybe ill agree with you. and i never said my taste in music dictates whats good or not. actually that seems to be your problem seeing as though you wrote me a full f*cking novel trying to convince me that because poison and ice cube are apart of the soundtrack, then its officially the best out of the series. its obvious that if it was up to the player, they would utilize their own collection of music for this game. and btw, i obviously wasnt speaking grammatically about your sentence, i could careless about grammer when speaking to sh*theads like you on the internet :)

pwnisher130
  • pwnisher130

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:28 AM

Yeah, also some of the songs on the radio are super annoying. for example, there is one song on the Mexican station that goes like "uno dos tres cuatros BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" and the "beeping" goes on for 3 minutes straight. I wonder who is the loonatic that Rockstar hired to pick the songs to put in the radio.

lizardman563
  • lizardman563

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:35 AM

show me some facts and figures that prove that the soundtrack of san andreas was met with "nearly universal appraise" and maybe ill agree with you. and i never said my taste in music dictates whats good or not. actually that seems to be your problem seeing as though you wrote me a full f*cking novel trying to convince me that because poison and ice cube are apart of the soundtrack, then its officially the best out of the series. its obvious that if it was up to the player, they would utilize their own collection of music for this game. and btw, i obviously wasnt speaking grammatically about your sentence, i could careless about grammer when speaking to sh*theads like you on the internet :)

No such figures exist, but plenty of facts do.

Look at the reviews, such as these:

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B00068NWQ0

http://www.allmusic....as-mw0000141617

Or google others, OR make a poll on this forum and watch as SA's soundtrack is voted as the best, and I guarantee you it either will be voted as the best or be in the top 2.

Also, I did not write a novel (only a mentally deficient millenial would claim that 4 sentences is a "novel" lol) responding to you, I barely wrote anything, and I was not trying to convince you of anything, especially not that BBD and Ice Cube alone make the San Andreas Soundtrack great. Thanks for insulting me though (even though I did not do the same to you) it shows me that you are mad and are running out of "ground to stand on", so you should probably just pipe down right now before you embarrass yourself even more. That's my advice to you, follow it or not. 

Otterisadumbshit
  • Otterisadumbshit

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:37 AM

No such figures exist, but plenty of facts do.

Look at the reviews, such as these:

http://www.amazon.co...s/dp/B00068NWQ0

http://www.allmusic....as-mw0000141617

Or google others, OR make a poll on this forum and watch as SA's soundtrack is voted as the best, and I guarantee you it either will be voted as the best or be in the top 2.

Also, I did not write a novel (only a mentally deficient millenial would claim that 4 sentences is a "novel" lol) responding to you, I barely wrote anything, and I was not trying to convince you of anything, especially not that BBD and Ice Cube alone make the San Andreas Soundtrack great. Thanks for insulting me though (even though I did not do the same to you) it shows me that you are mad and are running out of "ground to stand on", so you should probably just pipe down right now before you embarrass yourself even more. That's my advice to you, follow it or not. 

you really convinced me with those two reviews. have fun now :)

Crav3
  • Crav3

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 06:04 AM

I can have heared the same songs. bit in gta 4 it was the same. having to hear reggaeton over and over lol

Barry Spock
  • Barry Spock

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:06 AM

Yeah, also some of the songs on the radio are super annoying. for example, there is one song on the Mexican station that goes like "uno dos tres cuatros BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEPEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP" and the "beeping" goes on for 3 minutes straight. I wonder who is the loonatic that Rockstar hired to pick the songs to put in the radio.

Lol yeah :D the beepin song is pretty hardcore.

I guess I agree with what some people here are saying - that the radio stns are a bit underwhelming. I liked the music from GTA IV more -- there was more stuff that I'd never heard in that.

I know a lot of what's on GTA V stations is supposed to be representative of the SO CAL sound but it's a bit limiting. The west coast is better know for film than music.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users