Photo

Random Events

18 replies to this topic
IainAGraham1986
  • IainAGraham1986

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:24 PM

Do random events in GTA V only appear during certain times of day?

The reason I ask is because I used my strategy guide to pinpoint a l;ocation of one of them and when I arrived at the location there was no blips on my radar to indicate the random event.  So leads me to think that they only appear during certain times of day.

Can someone confirm this for me please.

Gronk87
  • Gronk87

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:30 PM

Well, they ARE called random events for a reason... Unless you have already done everything else, I would say go do some other stuff and check back at other times.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:44 PM

I have played for about 6 hours and I have seen only ONE random event.  I watched my friend play the other day at his house for about an hour and a half and he did like 3 or 4 random events.  Do you have to be further in the story or what?  His map would flash when one appeared nearby.  I've been paying attention for that but it never happens.  Am I missing something?

Elesdee1487
  • Elesdee1487

God's Gift To Women

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

They are just random. It doesn't matter how far into the story you're in, they all happen at different times of the day.

Shpongled
  • Shpongled

Psychedelelicable

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

Hm, OK.  I hope I see more soon!  I want to kidnap some people for that cult!

Retrorex
  • Retrorex

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:51 PM Edited by Retrorex, 20 September 2013 - 01:52 PM.

Tip: If you catch a mugger running off with a ladies purse, kill him and run off with the purse yourself if you give it back you only get a 10% reward (from $1000 to 100$)  If you give it back to her and then be like wtf only $100? killing her wont help as she won't drop anywhere near $900

beneficial
  • beneficial

Buckwheats

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:56 PM

I did one early on when Franklin was broke, but every time I pass one, it's somebody saying they got robbed or something. I'm not chasing down some purse snatcher when I'm a criminal myself- kinda like cockblocking imo. I hope they are more varied than that.

Retrorex
  • Retrorex

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:26 PM

Any "smart" criminal will see that that there is obviously something worth stealing for another criminal to be doing it. Why not be more opportunistic and grab that swag for yourself? 

jivex5k
  • jivex5k

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:38 PM

I did one early on when Franklin was broke, but every time I pass one, it's somebody saying they got robbed or something. I'm not chasing down some purse snatcher when I'm a criminal myself- kinda like cockblocking imo. I hope they are more varied than that.

There are.

I've helped police in a shootout, busted armored vans, helped criminals escape, given drunk people rides, took some cheating girl to her bf.

Vorpax
  • Vorpax

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:52 PM

Can someone tell me if there's a limit of how much random events you can complete per each event type or they're unlimited (so i can do each of them over and over as much as i want?), or there's some certain amount of EACH of them?...i must know this! Also where i can find excessive list of random event types and things to do in general in this game? But i really need complete list!

Tomsz
  • Tomsz

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Can someone tell me if there's a limit of how much random events you can complete per each event type or they're unlimited (so i can do each of them over and over as much as i want?), or there's some certain amount of EACH of them?...i must know this! Also where i can find excessive list of random event types and things to do in general in this game? But i really need complete list!

I think they are repeatable since I've did the Armored Van one about 3 times now, but will need a confirmation.

WPCatfish
  • WPCatfish

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

I think they are repeatable since I've did the Armored Van one about 3 times now, but will need a confirmation.

Should that be the case, then it's a lot like the ones in RDR.  RDR also had variants of these, so I'd expect to see that in GTA  as well.  ie, one time you're rescuing a girl, the next time you see her she's the 'bait' in an ambush.

Selwood24
  • Selwood24

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 06:50 PM

Does anyone know if the Random Events are unlimited, I know to get 100% you have to complete 14 of 57 Random Events, which would lead me to believe that once you do all 57 then thats it and no more appear on the map.

I hope thats not the case, and I hope that 57 number is the variety of the events and you can complete them an infinite amount of times, it would add great replay value.

We need confirmation on this though, has anyone actually completed the same Random Event more than once?

Muse182
  • Muse182

Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:24 PM

I only started doing the random events on completion of all 69 missions. I found them to come up quite often. I know they're random but a good thing to do is drive out to various places (Triathlons, Parachute Jumps, Strangers and Freaks, Racing etc) and you should encounter one random event on your journey. Go for the furthest place away though, to allow for more time to see a random event. I did 8 in 30 minutes just from driving up and down the entire map, just trying to beat my highest speed and completing a few parachute jumps.

Wannabe in LS
  • Wannabe in LS

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:25 PM

I was really suspicious of a drunk couple opposite Trevor's trailer. They wanted a lift, but would only do it if I drove their car. Just didn't trust it. What usually happens in that random encounter?

chainsoar
  • chainsoar

#1 Dinka Thrust Fan

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:37 PM Edited by chainsoar, 21 September 2013 - 10:38 PM.

Spoiler

What's the deal with Lacey? I tried to deliver her to the Altruists and nothing happened.

Airborne82
  • Airborne82

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:42 AM

I drove a drunk guy home in his own car and he just puked all over his self.

Another one in the hood where some lady was yelling about her husband was having a heart attack I run around the corner and they try to rob me.So being Trevor I stabbed them both

PetsOvernight
  • PetsOvernight

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:10 AM Edited by PetsOvernight, 22 September 2013 - 08:10 AM.

Does anyone know if the Random Events are unlimited, I know to get 100% you have to complete 14 of 57 Random Events, which would lead me to believe that once you do all 57 then thats it and no more appear on the map.

I hope thats not the case, and I hope that 57 number is the variety of the events and you can complete them an infinite amount of times, it would add great replay value.

We need confirmation on this though, has anyone actually completed the same Random Event more than once?

Yes it's 57 different events - any of them can occur any amount of times - I've completed multiple "same" events at least twice, and am nowhere near to seeing all 57.

You can keep track of all this by using the Social Club online.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 08:13 AM

What's the deal with Lacey? I tried to deliver her to the Altruists and nothing happened.

That's wierd, the guide says that she can be delivered to them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users