Photo

Can you rob banks in free-roam?

9 replies to this topic
Flavourites
  • Flavourites

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

I've heard from people you can find banks in free roam, and blow up the vaults and make off with millions. Is any of this true? I've been searching for banks for a while and I can't seem to find any that I can walk in to. If this is true, can you please give me the map co-ordinates (real life map) and the street name! THANKS! 😙

Flavourites
  • Flavourites

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Also I'm only like 35% through, maybe that could be a factor.

Punple
  • Punple

Rat

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:33 PM

There is an enterable bank on the Great Ocean Hwy, south of Chumash - on the right side of the road when coming from Los Santos. I tried blowing the vault door with a charge but it didn't budge - all I got was a wanted star. It was an evening so there was nobody working there so can't say much about doing a stick up.

Flavourites
  • Flavourites

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:39 PM Edited by Flavourites, 20 September 2013 - 12:39 PM.

There is an enterable bank on the Great Ocean Hwy, south of Chumash - on the right side of the road when coming from Los Santos. I tried blowing the vault door with a charge but it didn't budge - all I got was a wanted star. It was an evening so there was nobody working there so can't say much about doing a stick up.

Thanks man! I'll go try it out now.

TrevorTracker
  • TrevorTracker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:54 PM

Is that the "Fleeca Bank" I just went there then, 10am and still no one inside. It's a mystery though, there must be a reason as to why we are ablt to enter it...?

• Flavourites likes this

kricco
  • kricco

Mark Chump

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 20 September 2013 - 12:56 PM

what i only have heard, and seen, you can only rob stores, but not have i ever seen robbing a bank. Franklin can rob a store. I think Michael can aswell, but i am not sure about Trevor.

MisterRawgers
  • MisterRawgers

Swindler

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:08 PM

No I don't think you can rob banks in free roam unfortunately. I think the only reason fleeca banks are open is so the AI can rob them. Sometimes when you're near one of them you'll come across an AI character robbing the place.

Flavourites
  • Flavourites

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Is that the "Fleeca Bank" I just went there then, 10am and still no one inside. It's a mystery though, there must be a reason as to why we are ablt to enter it...?

Yea I just went there midday and no one there for me either, tried blowing the vault up with everything, stickys frags RPGs, didn't even budge. If that banks enterable then surely others are.

I read another thread from a guy saying he entered a bank somewhere southeast of michaels house, and he found a vault but he had no stickys and the character spoke saying something about "if I had stickys". I've searched the area with no success😢

TrevorTracker
  • TrevorTracker

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:11 PM

Can't find stores to rob? only gas stations, and trevor can do them, as i just tried it with Trevor. He seems to escape the police easier too

Tomsz
  • Tomsz

Trick

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:34 PM

what i only have heard, and seen, you can only rob stores, but not have i ever seen robbing a bank. Franklin can rob a store. I think Michael can aswell, but i am not sure about Trevor.

You can also rob Armored Vans in free roam.

Can't find stores to rob? only gas stations, and trevor can do them, as i just tried it with Trevor. He seems to escape the police easier too

there is 20 stores located around LS some are gas stations.. some are liquor stores etc, I've posted a topic on outfits that are unlocked after story completion but I wont say here, but with said outfit it seems like robbing banks goes so well with it ;(  Everyone get on Rockstars Ass about DLC for singleplayer to allow us to open the vaults somehow.. if enough people do it they will listen to us.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users