• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 02:22 PM

Well SA  had better soundtrack imo.

Little William
  • Little William

Mangi PNG ya!!

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:05 PM

Everything in SA is way better than GTA V. This is because Cockstar sold out and put all the best features in GTA Online. Good one, genius, but what about those players who do not have internet access. Does that mean they are stuck with a incomplete version unless they are connected to the internet. Cockstar really f*cks up GTA this time round.

• Wolf247 and Vorpax like this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

How about crawling from under a rock and start living today's life. Pretty much everybody has internet connection today and today consoles are highly dependant on the web. It's not surprise that next gens will be even more internet based. If you don't like it, you can always take your PS2 and play San Andreas for another time.

World hasn't stopped in 2004 though, so don't expect companies to be there. And yes, "Cockstar" sold out, because they know (unlike you) what is selling today. They're earning millions on their games, so they obviously know their business. You don't like online features or GTA Online, don't use them. Your SA is probably lying there somewhere. 

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 20 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

I'd also say that SA was much better and more groundbreaking at the time it came out. Objectively, V is much larger (though it feels like there are not enough vehicles to me), it just doesn't escalate as much.

They still did a fine job as a swan song to this gen. Let's see how much will they be able to innovate on the next gen.

• Wolf247 likes this

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 September 2013 - 05:28 PM

You guys are never f*cking pleased.
WAAAAAH, SAN ANDREAS WAAAAAAAH. JETPACKS, CHEATS, GROVE STREET, WAAAAAAAH.
Rockstar tried heading in the direction of San Andreas to please the fans. They succeded, and made a revolutionary game. Get a grip on reality, the game is 10 years old. It's outdated. It still holds a place in my heart because it was one of my favourite childhood games, but that doesn't mean it's superior to every game I play.

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:25 PM

IV sh*ts on both ;)

LondonTipton91
  • LondonTipton91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 09:51 AM Edited by LondonTipton91, 22 September 2013 - 09:53 AM.

GTA San Andreas WAS the best game for a insanely long time.
GTA V is and WILL be the best game for insanely long time.
Now that is the true fact.
GTA San Andreas is still very popular, mostly because we all grew up playing it. Personally, I know the map of San Andreas better than the map of my city. I know every weapon,every wehicle and every mission better than I know my school stuff. So, yeah. It will always be there. 
GTA V is however a beast. A HUGE improvement to the GTA series. This will seem strange, but I hate the fact that it's SO BIG, I get bored going from one place to another. It's just so big, that most of the times I just get lost. I can't imagine that big game on PC so I doubt it will make it. 
I love them both, but GTA V is way better. You will see. :)

JoeB
  • JoeB

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:42 AM Edited by JoeB, 23 September 2013 - 12:43 AM.

I honestly don't know why people prefer it. The main two reasons (in my opinion!) are the 3 cities which is nice and all but Blane County makes up for it with its diversity and Los Santos is great with pedestrians doing there thing in any location and the ability to buy houses. The story and characters were nice but GTA V's is just a good. When I play GTA V, I really think R* tried to improve on most things from SA. SA is still (debatably) my second favorite GTA game.

• Romario likes this

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:31 PM

I'm not going to lie. Playing GTA V makes me realise how mediocre SA actually was. Atleast in GTA V things make logical sense and none of the protagonists irritate me like CJ and it has countryside that's isn't as f*cking useless and dull like SA's.

Each to their own, but SA can continue to collect dust for all I care.

• JoeB likes this

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 24 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

Everything in SA is way better than GTA V. This is because Cockstar sold out and put all the best features in GTA Online. Good one, genius, but what about those players who do not have internet access. Does that mean they are stuck with a incomplete version unless they are connected to the internet. Cockstar really f*cks up GTA this time round.

This is you a few years ago:

"I agree with you guys. I think the whole working out thing is just repetitive and a waste of time. I just hope that it won't return ever."

"Frankly, I do not care where the next GTA will be based, as long as it has more features than GTA IV."

"Agreed. If there is a reason for gyms to feature in GTA NeXt, it would be to improve on your protag's stamina and strength, not to achieve a buff body. TBH, I also find the eating to survive feature very annoying. We don't need to play the Sims in GTA. I found eating to recover your health as in GTA IV as a much better alternative.

So there are quite a few things you prefer over SA. You used to be quite reasonable and able to participate in a discussion like a sane human being. Did you develop acute bipolar disorder? What happened?

IHateFlightSchool
  • IHateFlightSchool

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:23 PM

You should elaborate more upon starting a topic.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Get Love Fisted

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:27 AM

This is you a few years ago:"I agree with you guys. I think the whole working out thing is just repetitive and a waste of time. I just hope that it won't return ever.""Frankly, I do not care where the next GTA will be based, as long as it has more features than GTA IV.""Agreed. If there is a reason for gyms to feature in GTA NeXt, it would be to improve on your protag's stamina and strength, not to achieve a buff body. TBH, I also find the eating to survive feature very annoying. We don't need to play the Sims in GTA. I found eating to recover your health as in GTA IV as a much better alternative.So there are quite a few things you prefer over SA. You used to be quite reasonable and able to participate in a discussion like a sane human being. Did you develop acute bipolar disorder? What happened?

He tries too hard to adopt a Zee like approach except comes across as angry, bitter and a general ass hat.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:54 AM Edited by BabeRuth, 25 September 2013 - 08:59 AM.

Just my opinion but i still prefer GTA San Andreas to GTA V.

That's it? Please give us some reasons.

no gives a f*ck about some ps2 graphics.

Do know how ignorant you sound?

As far as the topic goes, I'm loving V so far :)

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:04 PM

When nostalgia's involved, nothing will beat SA.

• Wolf247 likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 25 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Nostalgia is rather personal feeling, which I don't have towards SA.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

Shark......... *THEME SONG*......... Victim(GTA SA)......*munches*

DoubleOGJohnson
  • DoubleOGJohnson

Playa

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:53 PM Edited by DoubleOGJohnson, 27 September 2013 - 03:54 PM.

San Andreas is the greatest GTA game and more fun than GTA 4 and GTA 5. The only issue people had with GTA SA is that it had a gang theme and the main character is black, which is why some people's egos could never accept that it is/was the best GTA. The greatest GTA being a "black game" eats some people alive. I always said that if CJ were white and in the mob, people wouldn't even dispute GTA being the GOAT. And people who think one game is better than another because of graphics are "new gamers". Anyone who has been gaming since the 90's [the pre-graphic whore gaming era] would NEVER rank a game higher than another because of its graphics.

• Wolf247 likes this

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:02 PM

Good joke DoubleOGJohnson, thanks for making my day.

AB0333
  • AB0333

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Basically it's just a matter of subjective experience.

Psyche is a tricky thing indeed.

BabeRuth
  • BabeRuth

Bronx Bombers Stadium

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

But SA can continue to collect dust for all I care.

Let me have it Miami! :)

V is amazing so far, storyline, graphics(although graphics don't matter if it's a good game). I like the elements they put into the game especially going under the water kinda gives me chills down my spine. Although I'm not to shavy on the atmosphere, it's kinda of a let down that you can die in one hit by the hostile animals in the game.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 September 2013 - 03:27 AM

There's nothing you can do now. GTA V has become the fabled successor to your favourite GTA SA. Nothing beats the new system, so let your jetpacks fly you away from criticizing V.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Guys, let him play whatever he wants to play. His post, his option. Not a fact. If he still enjoy San Andreas more than V, let him enjoy. There's nothing bad in it.

• Wolf247 likes this

RedAngelYardKing
  • RedAngelYardKing

Mangano

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:20 PM

San Andreas is the greatest GTA game and more fun than GTA 4 and GTA 5. The only issue people had with GTA SA is that it had a gang theme and the main character is black, which is why some people's egos could never accept that it is/was the best GTA. The greatest GTA being a "black game" eats some people alive. I always said that if CJ were white and in the mob, people wouldn't even dispute GTA being the GOAT. And people who think one game is better than another because of graphics are "new gamers". Anyone who has been gaming since the 90's [the pre-graphic whore gaming era] would NEVER rank a game higher than another because of its graphics.

Most ignorant thing I've heard in a while. GTA V has a black protagonist, too. The graphics aren't the only thing that V does better than SA. It's also the gameplay, the size of the map, the feel, the cars, the reality. Los Santos isn't just about gangs. You're stuck in the 90s. It's about the fame, the glitz, the glamour of washed up celebs, and the propaganda in the business districts. The movies, Hollywood all that sh*t. So get your ego and ignorance out of here, and accept that there is a GTA game that puts SA in the dirt.

Piggsy pls
  • Piggsy pls

pls

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 05:33 PM

GTA SA is incredibly overrated, same with VC. Only thing they're good for is mods. Other than that, GTA III, hell even GTA II were more fun.

Both IV and V shat over both of them.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Having beat the main story recently I can do a fair comparison now.

In my opinion SA still has the best missions, V's story was way too short thanks to the CoD crowd which lacked the attention span to get through IV. Looks like the big money is in Online indeed.

But alas, the 6th gen is over and we're never going back to the mentality the developers had back then. There won't be another GTA that's as revolutionary as SA was at the time.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:28 PM

that's as revolutionary as SA was at the time.

I don't think SA was revolutionary. Obviously when you look at it when you compare it to Vice City, for example, it's revolutionary, but for the series overall, III was probably the most revolutionary. Looking back on it, SA felt like III with a bunch of gimmicky features.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

I don't think SA was revolutionary. Obviously when you look at it when you compare it to Vice City, for example, it's revolutionary, but for the series overall, III was probably the most revolutionary. Looking back on it, SA felt like III with a bunch of gimmicky features.

The series had some milestones. Hell, I think V is a better game than IV but IV was IMO more innovating than V is now - V simply has more content, while IV brought us the advanced physics and more realistic gameplay.

Then again, you're right, it's my bias.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:14 PM

The series had some milestones. Hell, I think V is a better game than IV but IV was IMO more innovating than V is now - V simply has more content, while IV brought us the advanced physics and more realistic gameplay.

Then again, you're right, it's my bias.

I think the only "revolutionary" thing IV brought to the series would be multiplayer. Sure, V's multiplayer will be bigger than IV's, but calling V's multiplayer "revolutionary" over IV's is like saying VC's vehicles are revolutionary over III's simply because it has motorcycles.

AlfredNTheFettuc
  • AlfredNTheFettuc

Hellbanned but not

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

Alright fine, I just used a too big word.

This is the internet after all, the place where the word "epic" is used to desribe anything mildly interesting.

My point was that SA introduced more back in 2004 than V did now.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Ich liebe dich.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:28 PM

Alright fine, I just used a too big word.

This is the internet after all, the place where the word "epic" is used to desribe anything mildly interesting.

My point was that SA introduced more back in 2004 than V did now.

I guess it all depends on how you look at it. I remember back when SA came out, me and all my friends thought it was the single best thing that came from the heavens. Now, I just use it to dick around with flying cars whenever I have a sh*tty day. Sure, I think V is pretty awesome now, but perhaps about 10 or so years from now, I'll be looking back on it and think the same about SA.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users