Quantcast

» «
Photo

LifeInvader stock - does it ever go back up?

16 replies to this topic
NickStone
  • NickStone

My member doesn't have a title.

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:49 AM Edited by NickStone, 20 September 2013 - 09:51 AM.

After "that incident", I've been watching LifeInvader's stock drop. Some guides around the net say that after some catastrophic event or another, businesses will recover and the stocks will go back up (which seem to be the basis for the "insider trading" aspect of the game, if I'm using the right words. I know nothing about stocks, obviously.)

"LFI" stock dropped from $312 before the event, instantly to $170, and oer several in-game days it's steadily declined to 154.6. Since I'm not that far into the game, I would have to ask others, do you know where it bottoms out at? And when? I figured I might have to do some specific mission to make it go back up[, but what if I don't? What if I just free roam for 3 weeks till it hits 0? See then it wouldn't make any sense.

I don't know much about how stocks work, but I love the idea behind it. Sounds like easy money (in real life). Back in 2000 I bought one "penny stock" in XM Satellite Radio for my daughter as a "birth" present" (for her to keep as she got older, if the company ever went anywhere, which it apparently did!) How much ya think that's worth now? Or will I still need to save up for her college fund? :D

PS: Has anyone ever noticed the in-game internet's mouse cursor is giving the middle finger? Ha. Awesome.

Also, I've only had a quick glance at it, but for $25, I highly recommend pickin up the paperback GTAV Strategy Guide. It's got some good stuff in there that isn't available on the internet yet..

Bandito911
  • Bandito911

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

I would also like to know, I bought some stock a little while after the incident expecting it to start recovering but so far it has only only carried on going down

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

LCN or BAWSDAQ

Lee Everett
  • Lee Everett

We need to keep you safe Clementine...

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

Pull your money out. It won't go back  up.

Tsori
  • Tsori

=AoD= Prospect

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

If its LCN then no, it wont.

If its BAWSDAQ then it goes up everytime someone stalks something on the social club.

TinyWeeny
  • TinyWeeny

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:27 AM Edited by TinyWeeny, 21 September 2013 - 10:28 AM.

If its LCN then no, it wont.

If its BAWSDAQ then it goes up everytime someone stalks something on the social club.

It's on LCN.

Do you even GTA?

Lifeinvader is still going down for me, but I'm keeping an eye on it.

bumy
  • bumy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:49 AM

I did one mission and it said invest in tinkle but can't find it

Skeloton
  • Skeloton

Living Dead Gangster

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 11:59 AM

Tinkle is on the bawsaq market

Glennyman
  • Glennyman

Limburg

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:23 AM

Does it ever go back up? sh*t sh*t sh*t

Riddoxx
  • Riddoxx

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:21 PM

yes the stock does go back up after it drops for so long. I had bought 1 million shares at 10.31 and now its at 11.72.

It drops once in a while a few cents up to a quarter but it still rises overall. Just like the real stock market, buy it at the lowest price then set a price a bit lower that u will definitely sell it at so u wont lose a whole lot of money. but im only up almost a million in profit right now. im hoping it will someday multiply up to where it started

Not sure if anyone elses stock will go as low as mine, but it is going back up, slowly but surely just like real life. Sit ur money there and leave it alone

Rafe
  • Rafe

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:35 PM

It's definitely a long term investment. Short term volatility trading is good when you have information. 

ElscottHavoc
  • ElscottHavoc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:57 PM Edited by ElscottHavoc, 23 September 2013 - 09:01 PM.

I don't know much about how stocks work, but I love the idea behind it. Sounds like easy money (in real life). Back in 2000 I bought one "penny stock" in XM Satellite Radio for my daughter as a "birth" present" (for her to keep as she got older, if the company ever went anywhere, which it apparently did!) How much ya think that's worth now? Or will I still need to save up for her college fund? :D

If the stock market was easy money, everyone would do it and be rich...of course if everyone were day traders thered be no companies to buy shares in. I've bought and sold lots of stocks, forex, and metals...and unless your analyzing, setting limits, and purchasing selling strategies on place, you're just gambling. Keep in mind, per history there are always surprised. The objective is to leverage yourself, accept some losses, but make more than you lose. Some days you have to stomach losing several thousand dollars and accept you made the right choice and do it all over again with the intention of profiting. Forex is even worse with the volatility.

Your single Sirius Radio stock is probably worth $4, so she sure won't be paying for college with that. And you probably took a loss, since the cheapest transaction fee I've found is $4 on Tradeking. If I remember correctly, I bought 10000 shares a few years ago under a dollar with Sirius and sold them a could years ago at 3. In terms of a per share ROI, that's pretty good, but stocks are all about volume. Buying 100000 stocks at a price point is going to have the same brokerage fees (normally) as a single stock, but obviously make much larger profits. 3 times a dollar is only $3, but 3 times a $1000 is $3000 So volume is king.

Justin80
  • Justin80

Genius

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:07 PM

What about Betta Pharmaceuticals? I'm down -$400,000

:(  :(  :(

• eric91611 likes this

chevy1080
  • chevy1080

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'm at 62% with tons in lfi. Might start over

eric91611
  • eric91611

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 09:31 PM

You have to listen carefully in this game, Lester will tell you usually before hand if a stock is going to turn good or bad, before a certain mission with franklin, I think its the first Lester mission Franklin does, he says something that hints towards Bettapharmecuticals going down, he also hints at Debonaire cigarettes going up dramatically after the Cigarette company assasination mission where you quickly assasinate 4 targets around town. I invested about $100,000 before the mission and right after the mission was over it doubled. Just make sure you invest with each character to maximize your income.

Hooves07
  • Hooves07

Prankster

• Members

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:09 PM

The stock market is definitely random...my Debonair stock leveled at 24% then fell to 21%. It now fluctuates between 21 and 22 percent. Redwood NEVER recovered for me...as I understood from so many guides it was suppose to shoot up and quadruple my money. It never did and I am pretty sure I am almost two months in(game time) after the assassination mission. As far as Lifeinvader some people said it does go back up and others say no. In my game it has never gone up.

jwyleski
  • jwyleski

has evolved!

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 25 October 2013 - 10:32 PM

^ about the Redwood stock - I had Franklin doing the L assassination missions and he made a tidy 84% profit on the Debonaire stock - as soon as I dumped Debonaire, bought Redwood right away, did a couple of strangers & freaks with Dom & Mary Ann but it never went above 21% - went to bed, woke up, same thing - SWITCHED to Michael and all of a sudden it's up 300% - sold the stock, switched back to Franklin - and it's up 300% too, LOL

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users