Quantcast

» «
Photo

Will Rockstar using a dynamic system like this?

4 replies to this topic
CM_Kimmy
  • CM_Kimmy

U WOT M8?

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

Take a look at the pic below. Anyone who played Test Drive Unlimited 2 will know what i'm talking about. Even though each server will limited to 16 players, users would regulary switch servers depending on where abouts they are on the map. The transition will be smooth and the user wouldn't notice the server change, much like in TDU2. 

A system like this gives the user the feeling that they're in a world with hundreds of other players, yet they're actually only with 16 players but just switching to a different area on the map. This would fill the map and utilize it as many people would like. 

h136A13.jpg

Bennett0
  • Bennett0

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:35 AM

I like your thinking but i would be surprised if this would work. It would not work if you were playing with mates as they might be in a different part of the Map to you and would not be able to interact.

Ertrick36
  • Ertrick36

Sole Survivor

• Members

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

I agree with Bennett0.  It's hard to accomplish this when you've already got a matchmaking system that prioritizes your friends and crew above all else, and it'd be even more difficult if you were performing a heist that required you all to split off and go to completely different areas of the map (such as after a getaway or if one accomplice has to fetch something from the airstrip in the Grand Senora Desert for a heist that will be in South-Western Los Santos).

This would be a neat idea, though...

smokey__
  • smokey__

High Hopes

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:38 AM

will be interesting to see how exactly it is implemented

matsix
  • matsix

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 07:40 AM Edited by matsix, 21 September 2013 - 07:40 AM.

It'd work if they had matchmaking in which it grouped 96 players together. That way when you go to each of those boxes it'll stay the same players when moving in and out

of a box. I thought about something like this also. It's an interesting idea and it'd be cool if rockstar implemented something like that but I strongly doubt it'd happen.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users